1998 Galaxy reviews

22 September 2017

1998 Ford Galaxy reviews

Ford Galaxy reviews by year of make: 1989 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read all reviews

Alexander Jombo, Zimbabwe

Ford Galaxy GALAXY ESTATE 1995 - 2000

I have a consistent problem with my Ford Galaxy 2300V Petrol 1999 Model, when l changed the clutch plate for the first time since l used it, the car developed a problem between the ring gear and the bendix when the mechanic returned the clutch plate. The main problem is when he returned the starter motor you could find that the bendix will remain on top of the ring gear resulting in the friction between the bendix and ring gear and is producing a grinding sound when starting the car. Now that the ring gear has worn out as the result of the friction between the starter motor bendix and ring gear. l now seek for an advise from the manufacturer on the advise that what could be the problem, if possible to give a diagram on how the layout looks likes for me to have the problem solved. Your response is most welcome for me to eradicate this sound when starting the car, thank you in advance.

Submitted: 2017-01-30 | ID: 138538

Keith Ellinor, Essex

Ford Galaxy GALAXY DIESEL ESTATE 1995 - 2000

The most unreliable car I have ever owned. Within the first year, the Ford Dealer had to replace the battery 6 times. If the car was not used for more than 6 working days, the battery was completely flat, even the Central Locking would not operate. Ford Motor Company Service department eventually admitted there was a concern with the lighting switch wehreby it could enter a Failure Mode and discharge the battery within a few hours. A new light switch was fitted together with yet another new battery. One week later I had a flat battery!! After 7 new batteries I demanded that FMC buy back the vehicle as it was fit for use. Fords agreed to repalce the vehicle as they could not cure the concern.

Submitted: 2014-04-09 | ID: 94030

Ole Høj, Denmark

Ford Galaxy 1998

Strong, well-run and quiet car with excellent comfort and good visibility. We bought our 2.3 model last year because we needed a spacious car for my wife’s disability scooter, and our experience with the vehicle has been good. The only minuses are a high fuel consumption of 9.5 km / l and a high annual road tax here in Denmark at the same level as the car cost in purchasing. But it always starts, is well on the road and has an extremely good power reserves. Moreover, it does not appear that it is particularly susceptible to rust. But Ford has always been good at producing attractive engines and the rest of the car oozes unfailing German VW quality.

Submitted: 2014-02-23 | ID: 40096