2011 Galaxy reviews

22 September 2017

2011 Ford Galaxy reviews

Ford Galaxy reviews by year of make: 1989 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Read all reviews

L.Evans, Caerphilly

Ford Galaxy GALAXY ESTATE 2010 - 2014

very good car - 7 seater , used to ferry children back and fro , economical for such a big car ( 43 mpg) however driven. Plenty of room to carry luggage with 5 adults .

Submitted: 2016-03-28 | ID: 129571

Steve Mac, England

Ford Galaxy 2011

I have a 1.6 petrol ecoboost Galaxy Titanium, which I cannot fault the finish or fittings on. This is the third Galaxy we have owned and as always it is very versatile. However, I do have a gripe with the fuel economy. It’s stated as 29 urban, 39 Combined and 49 extra urban, but mine will never do more than 29 mpg. What’s weird is it’s the same whatever the driving conditions. I’ve been in to the dealership twice because of the mpg and both times have been told it’s a big car for a smallish engine. We wrote to Ford’s ’fob off’ department - sorry customer services, only to be told it’s nothing really to do with them, take it up with the local dealer who do not Want to know. So basically they can write whatever mpg they want to sell a car? Just beware it’s a very expensive car to run if you’re thinking about buying one. Ours has now covered 12000 miles and is no better at all on petrol. Buy a diesel!

I have a June 2013 Galaxy 2.0 TDCi Power Shift with 2,500 miles With three adults in the vehicle and it never returns more than 36mpg +/- 1mpg. So on a recent 500 mile return trip with 90% on the motorway I managed a whole 37.1 mpg combined and other days on local roads I get 35.4 mpg. The official combined figure is 47.1 mpg. I know that people all say ’the official figure is a joke’ and yes maybe, but is should be imo in the same ballpark. If the vehicle did 44mpg, fair enough but 11mpg less? No way is that acceptable. I am a retired (through illness) motor engineer and driving instructor on HGV trucks, on which I taught people how to be fuel efficient with your vehicle -so I do know what I am talking about. An email was dispatched to Ford Mobility, this was answered by a phone call from some air headed girl and amounted to ’Tough’.. so she got the response ’Go away’ I have complained to Motability through whom the vehicle was sourced and shall now be contacting trading standards and my MP about this. My advice is never buy a Ford. I will never have another. - from Wales

Submitted: 2012-06-11 | ID: 40088