FORD GALAXY questions and answers: Page 13

Ford Galaxy

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD GALAXY models. Help and advice on everything FORD GALAXY. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD GALAXY questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Elijah Bankston, United States of America

Ford Galaxy 1969

My 1969 Ford Galaxy loses power at normal speed. Any ideas?

Submitted: 29/05/2012 09:53:46 | ID: 85066

Con, England

Ford Galaxy

Where are the air conditioning recharge pipes for a Ford Galaxy 2.2 EP?

Recharge pipe behind front indicator, I think it’s the left side Tariq Hussain from England

Submitted: 28/05/2012 14:44:27 | ID: 74328

Shaun, Staffordshire

Ford Galaxy 1996

Hi. I had a problem with my Ford Galaxy`s turbo which stopped working, so I took the turbo off and had to get a new one but still no turbo. I had it on a diagnostic machine which said that I need a new air flow sensor, so I got one and a new erg and valve vacuum. I can get the turbo running for about 10 seconds, the egr opens on tick over for 10 seconds then closes and stays closed. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. [1900 turbo diesel 1996)

I had this exact issue with mine and it was such a pain to get to the bottom of as diaognostics machines did not pick it up, I was told to disconnect the battery for 10-15 mins which resets the ecu and sure enough my car has it`s power back  Allan Rezamand from England

Submitted: 25/05/2012 09:41:31 | ID: 85056

Luis Medeiros, Portugal

Ford Galaxy 2002

Hi. I own a 2002 Ford Galaxy and have the following problem on my Travel Pilot navigation system. It tells me that the code is not connected. Can anybody tell me what I have to do ? Thank you. (Ghia)

Submitted: 24/05/2012 10:20:53 | ID: 71810

Kevin Trigg, England

Ford Galaxy 2001

Hi. Will a 1999 power steering pump fit on a 2001 Ford Galaxy? Thank you.

Submitted: 14/05/2012 12:01:56 | ID: 71788

Mary O`Sullivan, Ireland

Ford Galaxy 2002

My Ford Galaxy`s brakes have just been repaired but the brake sensor light on the dashboard is still staying on. Also the wires coming from the brake pads were cut and rejoined and the car has been checked for brake fluid and is fine. I was just wondering how to get the light to go off?

Submitted: 11/05/2012 10:18:46 | ID: 71415

Philip Dewland, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Ford Galaxy 2007

Hi. I have a Ford Galaxy 1.8 tdi Zetec 2007 and I have had a problem starting it. This problem started sometime last year and has steadily got worse. Sometimes I can turn the key up to ten or fifteen times and nothing happens, it does not turn over or make any sound at all. I can leave it for five minutes and go back to it and it will start first time. I have taken it to a Ford dealer and they say that they can`t find out what it is, it has been on the diagnostics machine which showed nothing. I took it home, parked it on the drive and the next morning it would not start. I tried about ten times and nothing happened, but the following morning it started with no problem. It goes well when it`s running. Could someone please help? Thanks. (1.8 tdi)

Just had a very similar problem with my Galaxy. The problem was the fuel pump relay. Does your glowplug light on the dashboard light up when you try to start your car? I found that whenever it did the car started when it didn’t the car wouldn’t start. If this is the same with your car then the relay is definitely the problem. The relay is marked 109, just change this and your car should start every time. This is a common fault and instructions for changing it are online, I found them by tapping into Google how to change ford galaxy relay 109. I hope this helps Tom Wright from Leicestershire

Hi, could be the key, car thinks its immobelised etc... Dave Fields from Yorkshire

Submitted: 11/05/2012 09:45:25 | ID: 80993

Robert Peterson, Switzerland

Ford Galaxy 2010

Hello. I have a 2010 Ford Galaxy, automatic turbo diesel, and I was thinking about changing the oil and filter myself, but took a look and couldn’t see where the oil filter or drain plug are located. Do you have to remove the bottom cover under the engine to get at them? Also how do you remove the plastic cover on top of the engine? Thanks for any help you can give. (Automatic Turbo Diesel)

Just pull the top cover up and it comes off Steve from England

Submitted: 10/05/2012 10:45:41 | ID: 71366

Louise Stanwell, England

Ford Galaxy 2004

My Ford Galaxy`s driver`s seat is stuck and won’t move forwards or backwards. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 08/05/2012 15:37:42 | ID: 73889

James Taylor, Devon

Ford Galaxy 2006

Hi. Can anybody help? I have a 2006 2.0 diesel Ford Galaxy Zetec which has covered 89,000 miles and runs really well. It has recently been difficult to start if I have been on a long journey. It doesn`t do it every time and once it has started I can do a short run, turn it off and it fires right up with no issues. Sometimes when it doesn`t start I will open the driver`s door and rock the car forward and this seems to do the trick. It has probably done this about six times now but will allways start after a few goes. Has anybody got any ideas? Thanks. (2.0 diesel Zetec.)

Did you ever get to the bottom of this fault? My 2006 Galaxy has been doing this on and off for a while but today it will not start at all, please help! Roxanna Mager from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 08/05/2012 14:25:52 | ID: 74250

Simon, Hampshire

Ford Galaxy 2000

When I`m driving my Ford Galaxy it`s fine, but when I slow down, say at a traffic light, it judders and stalls. So I turn it off and then start it again and it`s fine until I slow down again. Why is this?

Submitted: 02/05/2012 10:20:48 | ID: 71130

Andrea Slack, Angus (Forfarshire)

Ford Galaxy 2000

Can anyone tell me where is the fuel filter located on my Ford Galaxy?

Submitted: 23/04/2012 14:14:46 | ID: 82114

Phil Horton, Nottinghamshire

Ford Galaxy 2002

I have no heaters in my Ford Galaxy. It`s running temperature is okay. Can anybody help to fix my problem? Also is there a workshop manual for the Ford Galaxy 1.9 diesel tdi 2002? I can`t find one anywhere.

You can get a HAYNES manual in halfords, that's where i got mine. I also have a 02 galaxy. mossie3012@gmail.com from Ireland

Submitted: 23/04/2012 12:32:34 | ID: 82141

Paddy Glynn, Ireland

Ford Galaxy 2002

The interior lights of my Ford Galaxy stopped working after a gearbox replacement Does anyone have any suggestions why? (1.9 tdi.)

Submitted: 19/04/2012 12:43:43 | ID: 80453

Mick Parry, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help as I have a fault with the temperature gauge on my Ford Galaxy. It stays on zero and, when driving for a while it goes up to normal, then when I slow down it goes back to zero. Does anybody know how to diagnose what it could be? I was thinking the temperature switch on the thermostat, but I don’t know for sure if this will fix it? Also does anybody know where the pollen filter goes on this model? Thanks. (2.0 lx tdci 125 6G)

Submitted: 13/04/2012 14:26:39 | ID: 80375

Jawid Jawidi, England

Ford Galaxy 2005

Can anyone tell me how to find the Ford Galaxy engine under cover bolts?

Submitted: 13/04/2012 14:15:14 | ID: 75655

Chris Midgley, Lincolnshire

Ford Galaxy 1999

My Ford Galaxy`s airbag light is on. How can I get it off?

Submitted: 13/04/2012 11:39:10 | ID: 80370

Margaret Donaldson, Lanarkshire

Ford Galaxy 2003

My Ford Galaxy`s warning bleeper came on and steam was escaping from under the bonnet. We had noticed that the car hadn’t been heating up very much for the past few days. Someone had a look at it and said that it was the temperature control valve that had jammed, two or three hits with the pole from his jack and it is working fine for now. Has this happened to anyone else and if so is it common in the Galaxy? (1.9tdi)

Submitted: 13/04/2012 09:35:18 | ID: 80279

Amanda, Buckinghamshire

Ford Galaxy 2009

Can the wheels that have come off a 2002 Ford Galaxy fit onto a 2009 Ford Galaxy?

Submitted: 27/03/2012 11:00:52 | ID: 70880

Gary Wiles, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

Hi. I’ve just noticed that the high level brake light on my Ford Galaxy works when the ignition is first switched on and when the brake pedal is pressed it flickers and then goes out. It won’t work again untill the ignition is turned off again and then the same thing happens again. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

Change brake bulbs, faulty bulbs Richard Bradley from Northumberland

Submitted: 19/03/2012 16:03:42 | ID: 70569

Lou Cook, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

Could you tell me where I would find the Ford Galaxy water bottle for the rear window? Thank you.

www.fgoc.co.uk should be your number one stop for any Ford Galaxy questions! But there is only one water bottle on the galaxy that feeds both front and rear screens... Steve from Suffolk

Submitted: 13/03/2012 16:19:04 | ID: 75946

Victor Gonzales, London

How can I fit the driver’s side rear cover light on my Ford Galaxy? Thanks

Submitted: 12/03/2012 16:23:27 | ID: 83110

Cli Doyle, Hampshire

Ford Galaxy 2002

Hi, I have just bought a Ford Galaxy Auto Ghia 2.3 this week. Five times out of ten nothing happens when I turn the key in the ignition. It doesn’t matter if the car is in park or neutral it just does nothing, the lights come on but that’s it. I noticed when it doesn`t start that the immobiliser light on the driver`s door is flashing. The car has just passed an MOT and has a new battery. The old owner is still claiming this never happened to them. The car runs great when it does start and has low mileage. It’s booked for a service on Monday but I was just wondering if anyone has an idea what this could or might be? Thanks!

It may be worth cleaning the connection at the starter motor for the switched live Mark Smith from Bedfordshire

A friend had this problem, it turned out to be the immobiliser relay Martin Jones from Essex

Submitted: 12/03/2012 14:59:09 | ID: 81068

Marie Edwards, Kent

Ford Galaxy 2004

Hi all.. .need lots of help, lots of problems, auto tdi keeps going into limp mode. I’ve changed maf meter, throttle sensor, brake sensor, spray clean turbo but no improvement until I spray cleaned egr valve. Although better it still revs @ 3 - 4000 before changing gears and goes into limp and reverse only works now and again. Finally, I’ve been trying to find out how to top up gearbox and oil needed. Can anybody help please!!!???

Submitted: 09/03/2012 11:17:17 | ID: 83049

Paul Ekewenu, England

Ford Galaxy 2003

My Ford Galaxy won’t start or make any attempt at starting. The Ford dealer has checked the wires and fuse but to no avail. They suspect the ECU to be bad. 1) If I get a ECU from another car will it work in my car? 2) If I decide to buy the complete ECU unit and all the lock system from another Galaxy will it need programming and will it work?

Submitted: 09/03/2012 10:45:45 | ID: 83095

Gary Wiles, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

Does anyone know where the live feed to the high level brake light is feeding from as I have no power at the lamp and the on board computer is saying rear brake lamp fault. I’m hoping there’s a brake in the wire. Thanks.

Submitted: 09/03/2012 09:43:43 | ID: 83093

Patty Knowel, London

Ford Galaxy 2002

I have a Ford Galaxy diesel automatic. It drives alright, but then after some time it finds it difficult to move to the second gear, so the car keeps on revving. This happens intermittently. Any ideas?

Submitted: 05/03/2012 13:55:27 | ID: 82207

Martin Cummings, England

Ford Galaxy 2004

Hi, my Ford Galaxy remote key fell and came apart, I put it back together but it doesn’t work, the remote is not working and the engine won’t start, it seems to have set off an immobilizer. It starts for a second and then cuts out, is there a way of re-setting the immobilizer so the key will start the car and lock it manually until I can get a new one? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

When the key fell apart, you lost a small plastic chip which is in fact a small transmitter which links to the engine management system when the key is inserted in the lock. Without it, the engine will turn over, start and then cut out immediately. Sorry, you need a new key Dave Stephenson from Nottinghamshire

There is a very small grey chip that is inside the key if this is missing the car will not start. Check and see if it is there but possibly put in the wrong way. It is approx 1/4" long with a white typed code on it Conor from Ireland

Submitted: 29/02/2012 11:22:53 | ID: 81483

Nigel, Dorset

Ford Galaxy 2006

Hi. The information dash light [I] flashes when car is locked, but not when driving or at a stand still. I have read 2 different answers from Ford mechanics 1) OK, is showing alarm is active. 2) There maybe a fault, I will need to take to a garage to run diagnostics. Odd though if it’s a fault, as only shows when alarm is on and car locked! There are no messages when I check the information page on the on-board computer? (2-litre TDCi)

It is normal for the light to flash once a second when the car is locked, this is a visual deterrent. Under normal operating when driving the light should be off, if it comes on when driving, this is to alert you to a system fault Tristan from Yorkshire

Submitted: 29/02/2012 08:40:55 | ID: 78491

John Nelson, England

Ford Galaxy 2008

Hi all, I have a 2008 Galaxy Zetec and the tailgate LED stop light has stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestions to what could cause this? Many thanks.

1st call is to check your bulb Misbah Khan from Leicestershire

Submitted: 29/02/2012 08:20:53 | ID: 81164

Irene Jex, Essex

Ford Galaxy 1998

Can anyone help? My diesel engine sounds like a motorcycle. I have had the cat done and only noticed the noise since then. Thanks.

There is limited time from taking the battery out and putting new one in. Dealers will charge you too much. If you look around, you will find others who have the devices to do this. Also if you still have the master key, you may be able to do it yourself by following a sequence whilst the key is in the ignition. I did this with mine and it worked. Google away, there’s loads of help out there, avoiding dealers could save you some £££ Andy McCan from England

Submitted: 27/02/2012 15:42:59 | ID: 52811

Que Shah, Yorkshire

Ford Galaxy 2007

The key fob on my Galaxy has stopped working , I changed the battery but it still won’t lock the doors. I’m having to lock the doors manually which is a pain... Does it need re-programming and how? Any ideas please... Regards.

It will want reprogramming at the dealers. It’s usually a one hour charge to do this Stu from England

Go on Google and type in Galaxy key reprogramming and there is a section that tells you how to do it Mark from England

Submitted: 20/02/2012 09:42:29 | ID: 79052

Martin Baker, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

Serpentine belt snapped and tensioner destroyed. All other pulleys are running freely. Is there any a/c or power steering related faults to this problem? Thanks. (TDCi 6G)

Had this trouble of belt shredding. I put a new belt on, but tensioner was very erratic. It is normally the alternator, they have a clutch. When the clutch seizes, the tensioner will become erratic and eventually shred the belt. I found out the hard way, a garage charged me £850 for putting a new aircon pump & greasing the tensioner, all which was unnecessary Dave Vincent from Essex

Submitted: 17/02/2012 14:31:59 | ID: 78862

Claire Collins, Newport

Ford Galaxy 2001

My indicators are not working on my Ford Galaxy. I’m not sure what it could be... Can anyone help?

Submitted: 17/02/2012 11:29:39 | ID: 84741

Mike O’Connor, Ireland

Ford Galaxy 2011

I have a 2011 Ford Galaxy Titanium 2.0 TDCI 140BHP that was imported from England to Ireland. I would like to change the speedometer from reading miles to km. Can I buy a disc overlay to achieve this ? Thanks.

Submitted: 15/02/2012 09:18:23 | ID: 78576

Sarah, England

Ford Galaxy 1995

When I unlock my Ford Galaxy only the driver’s door opens. The other doors’ won’t open at all. I was told it could be a fuse, but don’t know which. Can anyone help please?

I have had a similar problem, on mine I had to change the main wiring loom which is located in the drivers door, £250 inc labaour. I was told by my mechanic, this is a common fault on the Galaxy. The wiring loom in the door hinge frays which stops the central locking and electric windows from working. Hope this helps Mike from Yorkshire

Submitted: 26/01/2012 09:15:50 | ID: 73998

Naj Wats, Kent

Ford Galaxy 2001

Hi, could anyone please help me? My Ford Galaxy’s fog lights keeps popping on my dash whenever I turn my lights on. I have checked the bulbs and they look fine. Also, whenever I press the brake the fog light signs appears on the dash but the fog lights are not on. I have checked fuse 26 but it looks OK. Please help. Thank you.

The fog light issue is common with the Galaxy. Check the wiring inside the rubber connector between the boot lid and body. There will almost certainly be wires damaged in there. The door wires go the same way so they are also worth a check Mark Rowlatt from Warwickshire

You have put the bulbs in the wrong way round Martin Jones from Essex

Submitted: 23/01/2012 09:02:10 | ID: 73023

Ronel Benerayn, Essex

Ford Galaxy 2002

I need to replace the Ford logo on the front and back of my car, what is the best way to remove it? Thanks.

Use dental floss, then clean with meths and polish off the residue Mark Rowlatt from Warwickshire

Don’t forget to remove the 2 screws though Arnold Nagy from England

Submitted: 22/01/2012 10:22:51 | ID: 82937

Michael Rimmer, Durham

Ford Galaxy 2005

My Ford Galaxy’s rear window washer does not work. Has it got a separate pump from the front washer?

Check under the front nearside footwell and remove the inner trim alongside the nearside doors, the pipe has a join under there and it sometimes comes apart, usually soaks the carpet! Mark Rowlatt from Warwickshire

Same problem with my Alhambra. Carpets got soaked before I realised. The connection on the washer pipe was high up in the passenger footwell behind the carpet. Bit feedly to reconnect upside down. Came off again so I connected pipes and used small zip ties on the pipe joints Rob Shaw from Cheshire

Submitted: 22/01/2012 08:18:48 | ID: 78260

Gina Ottaway, Sussex

Ford Galaxy 2004

Hi. Will a 2002 Ford Galaxy electric wing mirror for drivers door fit a 2004 Galaxy Ghia 2.8?

Yes, they are the same until mk3 Tom Harbo from England