FORD GALAXY questions and answers: Page 9

Ford Galaxy

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD GALAXY models. Help and advice on everything FORD GALAXY. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD GALAXY questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Gary Keller, Fife and Kinross Shires

Ford Galaxy 2000

I have a W reg Ford Galaxy. The key or central locking won`t open the boot. If I pull the boot latch there`s no whining noise from the lock trying to open. I have managed to open the boot and when looking at the mechanism and pulling the handle nothing happens, the boot will close but will not open EVER! The fuel cap opens and closes with central locking and the key in the boot still operates the central locking for all the other doors, just the boot is unresponsive. What is the problem? (petrol)

Submitted: 15/11/2013 15:13:51 | ID: 68158

Hazly Mohd Ali, Hampshire

Ford Galaxy 2002

I have a Ford Galaxy Ghia Auto TDI (Diesel) made ??<??<in 2002. I find there is always noise coming from under the car which happens after I turn off the engine. It sounds like the turbo is still running and it will disappear after a few seconds. Can someone advise what is going on and what makes it happen?

Submitted: 15/11/2013 15:10:51 | ID: 57953

Ali Woods, Hertfordshire

Ford Galaxy 2007

I have a problem with my Ford Galaxy shuddering / misfiring in second, third and fourth gears between 30mph and 60mph. There is no problem when cruising at a constant speed. It is not the rev limiter cutting in and it has only just started doing this after putting a fresh tank of diesel in at Sainsburys. I have run redex injector cleaner through, but no change. Any ideas? (1.8 tdi)

Hi, have the same problem after filling up at Asda. Garage says the clutch is going, the fuel pump is going, get rid or pay £1000! A lovely motor as you say when cruising at a constant speed, can’t believe all that is wrong with it, so any suggestions would be welcomed Debbie Ward from Norfolk

My Galaxy did that for about 10,000 miles then then it started knocking and now needs a new engine. Garage said flywheel fault! Matthew Arnold from England

Submitted: 12/11/2013 12:36:06 | ID: 57718

Richard Sanchez, United States of America

Ford Galaxy 1971

My Ford Galaxy`s heater goes off after being on for a couple of minutes. I have to turn the fan off for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on. It works for a couple of minutes then goes off, then I have to repeat the process over and over. What’s the problem?

Submitted: 08/11/2013 12:12:02 | ID: 57538

john wood, Essex

Ford Galaxy 2003

Can anyone help me please? My Ford Galaxy now has two problems showing on the dashboard. The original problem is the yellow abs light is continually on. I have replaced the abs pump and the ecu sensor attached to it with no joy. I also have checked both fuse boxes but the fault still remains. Last night I got into the car and now I have the handbrake light on the dashboard that beeps 3 times at me while flashing, then stays on flashing all the time. What is happening? Does anyone have any suggestions on one or both problems please? Thanks. (1.9tdi Zetec)

Got my car back today, abs light on the dashboard and the handbrake light on dashboard, beeping 3 times when starting the engine with continuing flashing (2 faults) ... problem was the fuse box in the engine bay. 12 volts were going into the fuse box from the battery to all the different fuses but on the return out of one of the fuses was only showing 9.4 volts. This was repaired very cheaply without purchasing a new fuse box this time... if anyone gets the same problem I hope this helps john wood from Essex

Submitted: 05/11/2013 10:58:02 | ID: 57365

Matthew Gammage, Devon

Ford Galaxy 2003

On my Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDi I’ve knocked the whole nearside mirror unit off the horizontal support, so only the electric cable is holding it on. Do I need to replace the whole unit? Is it easy to replace? (1.9TDi)

Submitted: 04/11/2013 15:28:04 | ID: 57354

Vince Riccio, Bedfordshire

Ford Galaxy 2001

Hi. I bought a 2001 Ford Galaxy and when I took it up the road everything was working on the gauges. When I got it home and then started it up the next day the centre square that shows all your mpg and info doesn’t work, it all lights up but shows no info. Can anyone tell me what possible fault would cause this? I’ve checked all the fuses and they seem okay. Can anyone give me some info on this please? Thank you.

Submitted: 04/11/2013 12:57:58 | ID: 57270

Mike Tealey, Wiltshire

Ford Galaxy 2001

My Ford Galaxy will not always start first time. It intermittently will not start for about 20 seconds. When you turn it over it does not fire for about 20 seconds, then if you pump the pedal it tries to start, splutters then starts. Once it`s started it runs fine and will normally start okay after. It tends to happen when it`s been left for some time. I have had the glow plugs checked and plug in with no fault codes. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Submitted: 01/11/2013 09:08:10 | ID: 57106

Frank Rodgers, Cornwall

Ford Galaxy 1997

Hi. Does anyone know how to put the timing back to normal on a Ford Galaxy 2.3? (2.3)

Try replacing power hold relay and fuel pump relay Steve from Isle of Wight

Try replacing power hold relay and fuel pump relay Steve from Isle of Wight

Submitted: 29/10/2013 09:47:40 | ID: 56867

Martin Kayanja, England

Ford Galaxy 2001

I took my Ford Galaxy to the dealers when it started playing up while starting it. It would fail to start then I would have to wait for about 2 minutes before trying again and finally it could start. The dealers told me the computer showed there was no proplem. Two weeks later the car failed completely to start, took it back to the dealers and they are now telling me the car`s computer is not communicating with their computer. It is costing me a fortune for all these diagnostic checks. Please advise? (2.3 Zetec)

Sounds like your ECU needs replacing. Kevin from England

Submitted: 28/10/2013 14:57:37 | ID: 56770

Jeff Day, Suffolk

Ford Galaxy 2000

My Ford Galaxy won`t start. It smokes from the exhaust and fires occasionally but won`t run. I attached a code reader but this shows no faults. Any ideas?

Firstly I would look in the engine bay to the right of the engine, just sitting on the edge/under the engine cover is the turbo map sensor. If you take this off (2 screws) and spray the white sensor node with brake cleaner this will get rid of any dirt or oil residue, which can give problems with starting and this will cost you nothing to do. (Blow on the sensor node, which will dry the brake cleaner off very quickly). I have to do this every thousand miles or there abouts as my turbo knocks out into limp mode and accasionally gives me a problem starting. Then if the problem is still there I would check the starter motor as I replaced mine 4 months ago, as the bushes on the back had completely worn away. Another possibility is to check the main large fuse box in the engine bay to see all is clean and not corroded. In the past my mechanic had said that the clutch dual mass fly wheel was on its way out creating lots of metal fine shavings/dust, which attach to the starter motor, this could also be another pissibility. I have had a few challenging things on my Galaxy as it was a taxi and has now done 598,200 miles at ten years old. I have posted a problem, which none has come back with any helpful info yet. My problem is that the ABS light always stays on once I pull away from starting the motor? Hope this info helps. Thanks john wood from Essex

I have a Galaxy 1,9 tdi 2004 model. Over the last 5 months I have had a problem where the engine fires sometimes, but won’t start. Sometimes I have to try 20 to 30 times to get the engine started. Several mechanics with data equipment couldn’t find the fault. At last I found out what was wrong, I had to replace the sensor on the timing belt. A 15 minute operation and the problem was solved for me. This sensor gives a signal to the fuel pump, and When this malfunctions the pump won’t work properly. I hope I could help you. Ivar Mansæterbak from Norway

Submitted: 25/10/2013 12:35:13 | ID: 56505

Alan Wigham, Northumberland

Ford Galaxy 2003

Why does my Ford Galaxy`s temperature gauge rise to the middle, stay there for a while, then drop down to the bottom? What`s going on? (1.9tdi automatic)

Submitted: 22/10/2013 12:27:32 | ID: 56571

Julian Marton, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

The boot plastic door panel inside my Ford Galaxy Zetec TDCI has fallen off. There are supposed to be a number of metal clips to hold it in place. I would like to find out what the metal clips are called? I tried searching for them online but I had no luck whatsoever! If anyone has had this problem before with the back boot panel falling off in the interior I would appreciate it if you could tell me where I could find these clips?

I can’t remember what they are called, but popped over to the local Ford Dealership which had an onscreen diagram and I pointed out the correct part to them. There are three clips needed. I can’t remember how much they were but bought new ones as I didn’t like the idea of second hand ones failing after a short time. They can be a fiddle to fit onto the panel AND the door as they had a tendency to fit on one fine, but then come off when trying to clip them in place. Hope this helps Kevin B from Wiltshire

Submitted: 18/10/2013 16:02:12 | ID: 56350

Frank Healy, England

Ford Galaxy 2003

My Ford Galaxy`s radio loses sound and will not work. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 01/10/2013 09:56:13 | ID: 55376

john wood, Essex

Ford Galaxy 2003

Hi there. I have a problem with the ABS light staying on in my Ford Galaxy. I had the car read by computer and it showed the fault was the ecu of the abs pump. I replaced the abs pump with the ecu but no joy, the light still comes on once you pull away to change into second gear! The computer fault reads as follows (01276 abs hydraulic pump-v64 signal outside tolerances intermitant). We have changed all fuses to do with the abs but still no joy. I don`t use this car as much as I once did so it sits unused for days or up to a week at a time now. I have noticed that there was a little water on the driver`s footwell, could this be my problem? Any info for the abs problem or where the water could be coming in from would be much appreciated. Any ideas? Cheers. (Zetec 1.9 tdi)

Got my car back today, abs light on the dashboard staying on, problem was to do with the fuse box in the engine bay. 12 volts were going into the fuse box from the battery to all the different fuses but on the return out of one of the fuses was only showing 9.4 volts. This was repaired very cheaply without having to purchase a new fuse box this time... if anyone gets the same problem I hope this helps... Happy motoring john wood from Essex

Submitted: 30/09/2013 15:28:38 | ID: 55349

Gary Keeling, Staffordshire

Ford Galaxy 2012

I got this Ford Galaxy with 16,145 miles, FSH, purchased from a main dealer. It broke down after 22 days in my ownership with an obvious starter motor issue. The starter belt was turning the engine about 1/2 inch then nothing. I got towed into the main dealer who left it in their back yard for six hours having done nothing then it started without fault and showing no diagnoses fault. The dealer says nothing is wrong even though the AA towed me there as the starter motor was not working, obvious click, no battery issues as ensured power flowing into the battery (AA man did this). My main dealer just wants to hand me the car back as their silly computer says there’s no fault. It’s clear the car will break down again and Ford`s main dealer will not honour their warranty without a fault code. If they had tried it when I arrived they may have got a code. Has anyone any ideas about this fault? Ford who designed and built the car haven’t got a clue! (2.0 tdi powershift)

Submitted: 27/09/2013 15:39:36 | ID: 55117

Peter Grierson, Lancashire

Ford Galaxy 2007

I`m trying to locate the fuse for the headlights on my Ford Galaxy. I’ve checked under the glove box, right hand side under the bonnet and in the rear panel. Are there any other places they hide? Thanks.

Submitted: 27/09/2013 10:14:52 | ID: 55039

Martin James, Northern Ireland

Ford Galaxy 2006

I have a 2006 Ford Galaxy. Sometimes when I return to the vehicle the right hand parking light is on. If I put the indicator stalk to the left hand indicator then it goes off. Also sometimes whilst driving the right hand indicator will flash twice by itself but this is very intermittent. Does anybody know why it should be doing this? (1.8 LX Diesel)

Submitted: 24/09/2013 11:33:46 | ID: 54903

Mango Barry, Middlesex

Ford Galaxy 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why an ECU in a Ford Galaxy which is three and a half years old with less than 22,500 on the clock would fail? We have had to have it replaced yet none of the" mechanics" at Dagenham motors can explain why it has gone. I`m worried in case it costs another L1600 a few months down the road Any ideas please?

Submitted: 17/09/2013 16:21:57 | ID: 54570

Gordon Dinsdale, Yorkshire

Ford Galaxy 2002

My Ford Galaxy (Ghia) 1.9 TD has an electronic problem. The hazard lights flash for no apparent reason while out driving and it`s very difficult to stop them. If the driver’s or passenger window is activated they will flash again. The rear windows will not open at all and the rear wiper refuses to work. I’ve checked the fuses and they are okay. I can’t help thinking there is a bad earth or connection of some sort not working. A friend says it’s the ’control box’. What’s that? Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. (Ghia 1.9 TD)

I have ford galaxy 19tdi 2001 starts run fun hazard lights fiash David rayment. from Norfolk

Submitted: 17/09/2013 14:55:29 | ID: 54506

Jamie West, Derbyshire

Ford Galaxy 2000

Hi guys, my problem is I`ve just brought a Ford Galaxy as we have a large family but it`s only got the one key to it that operates everything, ignition, doors etc. I`ve been to Ford today and they told me they don`t cut that particular type of key anymore or programme them to my car as it`s too old, so they said go to VW as the Galaxy and Sharan are virtually the same. So I went there but nothing can be done there either, so what now? Can anyone tell me please? (2.3 Zetec)

Submitted: 06/09/2013 15:37:45 | ID: 54091

Matt, Leicestershire

Ford Galaxy 1998

Both abs light and brake lights are permanently staying on in my Ford Galaxy. Can anyone help? I have had the front left sensor changed as braking was "fighting" when depressed. After this I had the right abs ring changed as there was a crack in it. New cv joint was fitted as ring comes on the cv joint as advised. Brake fluid has been added. The brake light and abs light used to come on before any of the repairs mentioned, but now both stay on permanently. It first started with the abs light coming on and disappearing when driving. The brakes work absolutely fine with no "fighting". So what could the cause be? Any help would be much appreciated. (Mk1 Zetec model)

Submitted: 06/09/2013 11:37:20 | ID: 54051

Mark Evans, Powys

Ford Galaxy 2001

I have a Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 2001 115 bhp. The problem is I left my car standing for about 6 weeks and thought I would take it for a spin tonight to charge the battery. I went up the road and the brakes started to get really hot with loss of power and it would not free wheel. When cooled down after the ignition is turned off it will free wheel okay. It does this every mile and back with the brake lights permanently on. It drove perfectly before I parked her up. Can anyone advise please?

Your rear brake calipers are probably seized on s. hilton from Suffolk

Your rear brake calipers are probably seized on s. hilton from Suffolk

Submitted: 05/09/2013 16:28:24 | ID: 54027

Jason Waygood, Sussex

Ford Galaxy 2000

Hi there. My TD Ford Galaxy has a problem with the heater control unit. Nothing works and it is stuck on hot! When you turn the ignition on the control panel flashes for a while but does nothing. I replaced the control unit but no change! I changed it with another, same again. Any ideas please?

Hi Jason, a flashing control unit means a fault in the system. It will need plugging in and the codes reading. Adam from England

Submitted: 08/08/2013 11:13:58 | ID: 53445

Alison, Nottinghamshire

Ford Galaxy 1995

Hi there. I went out with the family for the day yesterday and had to travel on the motorway in my Ford Galaxy. Trying to get the car over 60mph made it vibrate a lot and I really struggled with it, but once I was at a stable speed it seemed to settle down a bit. When we came off the motorway and slowed down to normal speeds of 30mph-40mph and having to stop at traffic lights etc, the gears refused to change? It revved up to 5000 before changing from first to second, then up to 4000 to change from second to third? Everytime I had to slow down and then speed up it did the same thing and braking made it seem like someone else was pushing on another brake pedal every now and then? Please can anybody help as I`ve just spent over £200 getting the cv joint done on it? (2.8 auto)

I know it's probably too late for the OP, but am writing in case anybody else has the same problem. We experienced something similar and after lots of testing were told it was probably the wiring harness. However, ti did a bit of sleuthing online, and this is a common problem. We did as others had advised and got the transmission fluid flushed, which did the trick beautifully. Everything is smooth again. The transmission fluid is supposedly good for the life of the car, and ours didn't look particularly dark, but the flush worked. It is important to get it FLUSHED and not just changed. When it is changed, there is still about a third of the fluid left in the car. It has to ALL be flushed out and replaced with fresh. Good luch. Jess from Essex

I know it's probably too late for the OP, but am writing in case anybody else has the same problem. We experienced something similar and after lots of testing were told it was probably the wiring harness. However, ti did a bit of sleuthing online, and this is a common problem. We did as others had advised and got the transmission fluid flushed, which did the trick beautifully. Everything is smooth again. The transmission fluid is supposedly good for the life of the car, and ours didn't look particularly dark, but the flush worked. It is important to get it FLUSHED and not just changed. When it is changed, there is still about a third of the fluid left in the car. It has to ALL be flushed out and replaced with fresh. Good luck. Jess from Essex

Submitted: 06/08/2013 12:52:45 | ID: 53379

Sarah Igo, England

Ford Galaxy 2008

Hi. I have a 1.9 Ford Galaxy diesel. It’s had problems with the turbo from the start. It`s now had 5 in total in 12 months and it’s been in the garage for 7 weeks now. They informed me 4 weeks ago that it has a new fault. The fuel pump has broken up and contaminated the fuel, the car will now not start and they no longer want to deal with the car. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? Thanks for any help.

Hi Sarah. Turbos are expensive, so what I would suggest is to get your starter motor checked out as I had trouble starting and it was the bushes at the rear of the starter motor, which had worn out. First, if you look in the engine bay to the right of the engine cover, just sitting on the edge of the cover is the turbo map sensor. If you take this off and spray the white sensor with brake cleaner this will get rid of any dirt or oil residue. Once it’s clean blow on it, which will dry it; I have to do this every thousand miles or there abouts as my turbo knocks out to limp mode and accasionally gives me a problem starting, but once cleaned it’s all sorted. If that doesn’t start up your motor then it’s probably the starter motor not working at its full power to turn the engine over quick enough to start the engine. Hope this info helps. john wood from Essex

Submitted: 06/08/2013 11:11:05 | ID: 53338

Phill Ichal, Northern Ireland

Ford Galaxy 2008

I have a Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDCI manual 58 plate which has been fine when driving short distances, but now has developed a problem. When cruising at normal motorway speeds and then slowing down, the engine cuts out completely, which is obviously frightening and dangerous. When the breakdown service engineer put the car through a diagnostic check no faults were identified. When the car has cooled down it starts with no problem and then drives perfectly, even for long distances (100 miles), but as soon as you slow down it cuts out again. Please can anybody help me with this?

Hi there, my 07 Galaxy had the same problem. Ford did an upgrade on the software and it hasn’t done it since. I think it cost aroung £100. Willie Edgar from County Antrim

Submitted: 29/07/2013 15:20:48 | ID: 53083

Edward Sammon, Lancashire

Ford Galaxy 2004

Hi. Can a faulty brake light switch cause other light problems?

Submitted: 29/07/2013 13:28:58 | ID: 53119

Philip Stack, Flintshire

Ford Galaxy 2003

I have a Ford Galaxy 1.9 tdi 2003. When I switch on the ignition the heater/ climate control display flashes for about 15 seconds. The manual says there is a malfunction with the air conditioning. Could this problem just be a top up gas coolant fix? Thanks.

Yes, If the coolant level is low then it will flash up as a fault and will need regassing. Adam from England

Submitted: 23/07/2013 10:04:44 | ID: 66428

Debbie Hart, Suffolk

Ford Galaxy 2002

Hi, I have had my Ford Galaxy (2002 TDI Ghia 115) for approx 2 months now. In that time I have noticed a dancing temperature gauge reaching temperature and then dropping right back down then back up again. However this seemed to stop and sort itself. Today I was driving down the dual carriageway and noticed that the thermostat was rising above normal temp. I put the heater on full to get the heat out of the engine and noticed it was blowing fairly cool, definitely not hot anyway, but the temp gauge would drop back to normal then rise again and drop again. I noticed my speed seemed to affect this, if I pushed the car to 70mph the temp would rise, if I backed off then it would drop again. I have also noticed a small drip of what seems like coolant or could this possibly be aircon? I have read things like head gasket, water pump, etc Any ideas anybody? I`d really appreciate some help on this matter.

These symptoms are very similar to those I had a couple of years back on my Galaxy 1.9 TDI (04 plate). I am reasonably experienced DIY mechanic and after considerable investigation (thermostat, head gasket, pump belt, gauge, radiator fan etc etc etc) it turned out to be the plastic impeller on the water pump. Some models are fitted with a water pump that has a plastic impellar (why!) and eventually the impellar begins to slip badly on the pump shaft, so that it will not pump effectively. On the 1.9 TDI engine you can check for this by removing the thermostat as it is just possible to reach through and push the water pump impellar, but if you can spin it with your finger tips the thing has had it. A new water pump will be needed. Also, unless it has just been done you may as well do the cam belt at the same time as it drives the pump and so has to be removed to fit a new pump. Under light loads and at reasonable road speeds the TDI engine is efficient and there is enough convective circulation that the coolant will not necessarily show over-heat to the red end of the gauge even if the water pump impellar is doing virtually nothing at all! Hope this helps.- Mike from England.

Submitted: 18/07/2013 16:34:12 | ID: 66107

Marcus Brewer, England

Ford Galaxy 1999

I did a short run today into town about 5 miles in my Ford Galaxy in 28 degrees heat and the temperature gauge was up over 3/4. Is this normal for it to be that high? I`m not sure if the fans kicked in or do they only kick in when up near the red line?

Submitted: 16/07/2013 15:22:57 | ID: 65869

Roger Bourne, England

Ford Galaxy 2001

I put a new bulb in the clock on the dashboard of my Ford Galaxy but it still won’t light up. I can see the bulb on but the clock won’t light up. Can anyone offer any help why this is happening or should I buy a new clock? Thank you.

Submitted: 16/07/2013 09:14:34 | ID: 75699

Tony Wood, Kent

Ford Galaxy 2010

On two occasions, approximately 12 months apart, whilst towing my caravan on a motorway at approximately 55 mph the tailgate of my Ford Galaxy has suddenly opened up. It`s a very scary experience! O/A mileage on the car is 22,000 and it`s now 3 years old. My dealer`s response is no fault found! Any help would be gratefully received. Does anybody have any suggestions please? (Titanium X tdci powershift 163ps)

Have a look where the wires come out from the body work into the tailgate, I have seen the wires break before and do all kinds of things Tony from England

Hi, I am not sure if you have an automatic tail gate opening switch, but if you do first things first, check the loom in the tail gate for possible shorts, in the wires between the wire themselves or a wire and the body. If not the place I found a fault with was my tail gate indicator. The light was glowing now and again and I figured it out; the hose for the back window wiper water pump was broken and leaking into the passenger foot well and causing a short on the loom in the passenger foot well, which passes down along the panel of the bottom of the passenger door. You must remove the plastic kickpanel and find the hose. Next check that it is not disconeccted or broken, this can be caused by freezing water in winter time blocking the pipe and causing stress and weakening it, maybe not at that exact time but soon, and then water leaks when you use the back water sprayer and puddles in to the passenger foot well and shorts some of the back door wires. You need to dry all wires completely if this is the cases and cut and resolder any oxidised or broken wires, this should clear any shorts to your back door and any possible auto opening switches. Please let me know if this clears your fault. Peter from Ireland

Submitted: 01/07/2013 11:57:10 | ID: 64023

Lenny Robinson, England

Ford Galaxy 2007

My Ford Galaxy cut out on the motorway as if it had run out of fuel although it had loads in it! By the look of it the fuel is not getting from the tank to the engine. Someone said it could be the pump in the tank? Any ideas please? (Tdci)

Sounds like a problem I had, after spending loads of money trying to find the problem. It turned out to be a faulty relay in the fuse box Simon Stevens from England

I have had a similar problem: Seema at 56 / 57 mph (regardless of which gear I’m in) the engine chughs, splutters and almost chokes itself, very much like it’s run out of diesel - I change down, rev up to increase speed, and eventually I can go back to 5th or 6th passing the 57 mph barrier - After that I can do any speed I like, cruises well at 70 mph - Lived with the problem for several years now - Seems nothing to do with the engine being warm or cold - Embarassing when you’re trying to overtake someone in the slow lane, only to have to fall back. Any ideas? Doric Frantz from Sussex

replace fuel filter, I guarantee you les Norman from Merseyside

Submitted: 27/06/2013 11:50:54 | ID: 92787

Christopher Giles, Lincolnshire

Ford Galaxy 2009

I am trying to change a dipped beam headlight bulb (nearside) on my Ford Galaxy. Having removed the rubber cap from the back of the lamp unit, there is no room to get the old bulb out. What should be a simple operation is turning into a nightmare. Any ideas? (1.8 TDI)

You just undo the 2 screws holding the light unit in place and it all comes out as one, change bulb easy. Then just put back and do up the 2 screws again Gary Routledge from England

Submitted: 18/06/2013 09:32:01 | ID: 55468

Haz Khan, England

Ford Galaxy 2008

Hi, I`m having this problem when driving my Ford Galaxy at above 40mph. The engine malfunction comes on with traction control light in amber and then the car goes into limp mode, but when I restart it it`s fine. I`ve had it plugged in and am getting fault p2263 turbo charger boost. Can anybody help please? (2.0 tdvi)

Submitted: 17/06/2013 15:36:37 | ID: 89413

Ronnie Czapla, Suffolk

Ford Galaxy 2001

Hello, I was coming back home earlier and my automatic Ford Galaxy 1.9 tdi decided to drop into fourth gear when I was doing 70mph on the A120. The bar that tells you which gear you are using was higlighted red with black letters when it`s usually visa versa, so I pulled over, stopped and restarted and it was still the same. I phoned for assistance and after a short while he turned up but it was okay and no errors came up, so he followed me home with no problems. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance. (automatic)

Submitted: 17/06/2013 14:33:04 | ID: 68165

Talha, England

Ford Galaxy 2005

Hi, I have a problem with my Ford Galaxy where my heater control panel seems to have stopped working. Apart from the fan control on the control panel nothing seems to work, I can’t get my ac on nor the rear heater switch to work and I can’t change the heat setiing either. The lights on the panel do not light up either. Funnily somehow the analogue clock is also connected as this has stopped working at the same time as the heating controls did. This fault at first was intermittent and you would see the lights flashing and also the rear heater if on would intermittently switch on and off, but now the fault has become permanent. Any help will be much appreciated. Any ideas? Regards. (1.9 tdi 115bhp)

I would suggest that a connector has become loose behind the panel John Greenslade from Powys

Connectors are all ok panel is ok too checked it in another car Talha from England

I've got exactly same problem with my galaxy. Hope someone will help. Miro from South Yorkshire

jeg har nøjagtig samme problem med min galaxy håber nogen vil hjælpe. miro HICHEM HAFAIDH from Stoke-on-Trent

Submitted: 07/06/2013 14:19:15 | ID: 58323

Steve Martin, Norfolk

Ford Galaxy 2003

My Ford Galaxy`s rear driver’s side wheel (presumably from the brakes) was radiating a lot of heat after a journey of about 5 miles today. I wondered whether it was something that desperately needs attention or whether it can wait until the next service. Can anyone advise me please? (Ghia)

Yep, needs attention asap, could be seized caliper pistons, seized pads in the calliper slides hand brake cable seizing on that side. Easy diy to check... jack up car and try to turn wheel. If stiff a fault there. Pull hand brake up and see it the lever on the caliper moves and wheel becomes locked. If lever releases after letting off handbrake. Most likely seized pads. Take off wheel and check pads tap pads with hammer ad see if wheel turns any easier, if it does still points to stuck pads in caliper slides. If left unrepaired braking is severely reduced. I would recommend new pads at least might need discs if look like rusty ploughed field. Do both sides. ps buy Haynes manual... Patrick Taaffe from Shropshire

Submitted: 13/05/2013 09:26:40 | ID: 58344

Neil Totterdell, Surrey

Ford Galaxy 2004

Hi, I have done a lot of trawling but my problem doesn’t seem to fit things posted or answers. I have an 04 registered 53 plate Ford Galaxy Ghia 2.3 petrol with the only led for lock etc on the inside of the door. Having looked at a lot of posts it seems like I have to use the method of - turn key in the driver`s lock several times till led stays on then push remote to set. The bit above works but then I still can`t use the remote central lock . It will work by key and all the locks will lock. Also using the lock button on the door all locks okay. Using the door handle from inside works okay and locks all from the front. The rear doors lock okay from the inside using the handle as well. I have tried rebooting the Ecu in the footwell under the passenger front seat but it makes no difference. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. (2003 plate Ghia 2.3 petrol)

Submitted: 13/05/2013 09:09:38 | ID: 59266