Ford Streetka consumer car reviews and road tests

Ford Streetka

Ford Streetka consumer reviews by year of make: 2003  2004  2005  2007

Ford Streetka consumer car reviews

Gracie, Norfolk

Ford Streetka 2004

I have just recently bought my first StreetKA and just love, love, love it, but there are 2 major problems with it: 1) if you have a CD changer with your radio you may find that the battery runs down over night. 2) If you have a hardtop (winter edition) it has also had problems with a connector taking juice from the battery overnight. It has taken me 11 weeks (bought car 11 weeks ago) to find out the problem with my car and I believe it is the first major problem of the CD changer playing up and working whilst the engine is turned off and it will starve the battery totally. I had 2 diagnostic tests and they couldn’t find the problem. I checked with a local Ford garage for any known problems and the 2 mentioned above were told to me. I have removed the ’plug’ from the back of the CD changer/Radio and so far so good. I actually got into my car his morning (18th Nov at 07.45) and low and behold the CAR STARTED first time without me having to use a booster, which I paid £50 for. The garage where I bought the car from doesn’t want to know but it is an historical event that has happened to many Street KA users. If you want to purchase a Street KA within the 2004 year then please ask the garage to get a Ford diagnostic check to see if the CD changer/radio and or hard top roof working properly or playing up. I hope this may help some of you drivers of the Street KA out there as I wouldn’t want you to spend hundreds of pounds trying to find out the cause of the battery draining. Kind regards to all who have read this.

Hi Gracie . My self and my wife are so grateful for your brilliant advice and we come across a lot of bluff merchants telling us it is this that and the other wrong with our Streetka 2004 , yes we disconnected the c/d radio and left it for 3days and come back to it and it started my wife is so pleased thank you . Gracie did you find out if you could fix the CD radio 6006e CD RDS EON OR DO YOU NOT HAVE IT WORKING ? Or have you bought another type of player . - from Flintshire

Submitted: 2011-11-21 | ID: 40555

Andrew Macintosh, Cardiff

Ford Streetka 2004

We have a 2004 Streetka Luxury and both myself and my wife absolutely love driving it. . In my opinion the car is brilliant. Does exactly what is say’s on the tin - an affordable two seater with relatively low running costs. The engine is very robust and the gear change is just so good. The heated leather seats are amazing, especially on a chilly evening drive to the local beach and also hold you snuggly in its sumptuous leather. The hood - although manual, can easily be put up/down in under 30 seconds which is faster than many electric variants. (Just ensure the rear window is not kinked whilst pulling the hood down or you run the risk of the rear window cracking). Also, the hood folds into its own storage compartment so the very large boot remains the same size with roof up or down (unlike all other metal folding roof convertibles) Fuel consumption isn’t great, returning around 30 mpg around town and road tax is a whopping £245.00 per year. But, I guess if you want a 80 mpg diesel city car you wouldn’t contemplate buying a Streetka anyway. Although Ford, these cars were exclusively built in Italy by Pininfarina and the build quality seems so much better than my Sportka. When you close the door you get a satisfying VW clunk. Also, they don’t suffer from the usual ’Rust-around-the-filler-cap-syndrome’ that affects all Ford built Ka’s. Admittedly they are not without their faults, but name a car that is? Things to look out for are front suspension (check for uneven tyre wear), heating and ventilation (check heaters operate both hot and cold) Air conditioning (that the system blows icy cold), Worn steering wheels (the coating cracks and peels) and ideally, view the car when the engine is cold (the auxiliary belt tensioners tend to squeak on start-up if worn). Saying that all the above can be remedied with little cost but can aid you in bargaining a good deal. My opinion is: If you want a lovely looking sub £5k 2 seater convertible with bags of appeal then look no further!

"Built in italy" - no believe that is Wrong. Pina only commit design cues and brand-name value. I believe all Streetka were all assembled in South Africa (which is a good thing) in Port Elizabeth - As were/ are a great number of mercedies cars. Lower labour costs allows higher attention to detail per car. - from Kent

Submitted: 2011-05-13 | ID: 40554

Martin Smith, Cornwall

Ford Streetka 2005

I bought one new in June 2005, a red, luxury version in West Yorkshire prior to my move to down to Devon/ Cornwall. I can honestly say that myself and my wife enjoyed every minute we had it, even driving over Dartmoor on Xmas morning with the roof down. We owned it for over 2 years. Forget about the fuel it uses just enjoy the ultimate pleasure of driving such a small, exilarating, cheap car, You will not find one better for the price. And do not forget the large boot and the ease of putting the roof up or down...and of course the heated seats.

Submitted: 2009-11-26 | ID: 40553

Lynda Kelly, Durham

Ford Streetka 2003

Fantastic looker, great road holding, especially on tight bends but the globe shaped glove box is a pain and the interior could be a whole lot better. I would recommend the Streetka but not if you do a lot of driving..... this baby drinks fuel like there’s no tomorrow!

Submitted: 2008-08-19 | ID: 40557

Tara Patrick, Yorkshire

Ford Streetka 2007

Lovely on the outside but skimped on the interior. Fun to drive though and excellent torque.

Submitted: 2007-11-22 | ID: 40556

• A response has been made to Andrew Macintosh (12/01/2016 17:19:50)
  • A response has been made to Gracie (24/04/2014 15:31:51)

• "When I try to put my hood into compartment it catches on the rubber and therefore cannot have it down any idea..." (Jean patterson, 12/08/2016 16:09:02)
  • "I bought a hardtop to my daughter's streetka some months ago, and disconnected the wiring for the roof cover release to prevent accidental opening an..." (Martin Davies, 03/08/2016 00:49:49)
  • "My lovely Street Ka had an over heating problem and the Ford garage changed the thermostat. I am now paranoid and only do short runs 2 to 5 miles and..." (Linda Garthwaite, 11/05/2016 17:31:00)
  • "Just bought the car and on test drive at local speeds the car is fine but at high speed 50 mph plus the car starts to sway left and right while I an ..." (Saj, 05/03/2016 09:38:54)
  • "I have a Ford Streetka convertible. When I lock my car, the internal light behind the seats stays on...." (Diane Matthews, 12/08/2015 20:58:28)

• Linda Garthwaite's question has been answered: "Hi I had the same problem .. Mine is fine now ..i tried using ready mix coolant .it seems to have stopped it - jean from Cheshire' '..." (14/08/2016 13:17:53)
  • Lynda Kelly's question has been answered: "I got mine from wlw ltd 10 derrychara link enniskillen fermanagh bt74 6jf - letitianeill303@hotmail.com from Cambridgeshire' '..." (13/03/2016 15:03:44)

Renault Megane