FORD STREETKA questions and answers

Ford Streetka

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD STREETKA models. Help and advice on everything FORD STREETKA. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD STREETKA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Jean patterson, West Sussex

Ford Streetka

When I try to put my hood into compartment it catches on the rubber and therefore cannot have it down any idea

Submitted: 12/08/2016 16:09:02 | ID: 134310

Martin Davies, Essex

Ford Streetka

I bought a hardtop to my daughter's streetka some months ago, and disconnected the wiring for the roof cover release to prevent accidental opening and damage to hardtop. Now it's time to remove the hardtop for the summer, I've tried to locate the roof cover manual release that's supposed to be in the boot but without any luck. Was this release only in the winter edition and if so how do I open the roof cover to access the soft top again? This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions very welcome.

Submitted: 03/08/2016 00:49:49 | ID: 134073

Linda Garthwaite, Lancashire

Ford Streetka

My lovely Street Ka had an over heating problem and the Ford garage changed the thermostat. I am now paranoid and only do short runs 2 to 5 miles and have noticed the bonnet gets very very hot and there is a hot oil smell (see what I mean). It has been back to the garage today and they have said there is nothing wrong. Is the bonnet meant to get that hot after a 5 mile run. (its not a warm day) Help.

Hi I had the same problem .. Mine is fine now ..i tried using ready mix coolant .it seems to have stopped it jean from Cheshire

Submitted: 11/05/2016 17:31:00 | ID: 131420

Saj, Luton

Ford Streetka

Just bought the car and on test drive at local speeds the car is fine but at high speed 50 mph plus the car starts to sway left and right while I an still steering straight it's like it has a mind of its own I was so scared to drive it thinking it might sway over to opposite lane an you please help also the inner side of front tyres are worn thanks

Submitted: 05/03/2016 09:38:54 | ID: 128551

Diane Matthews, West Midlands

Ford Streetka

I have a Ford Streetka convertible. When I lock my car, the internal light behind the seats stays on.

Gently prise off the light with a screwdriver and remove the bulb... better than running the battery down! Richard from Leicestershire

Thanks Richard, I eventually had to do that as I thought it may be that the light wasn't recognising that the door was shut. Diane Matthews from West Midlands

Submitted: 12/08/2015 20:58:28 | ID: 119679

Roberts, Shropshire

Ford Streetka

Engine management light stays on after i changed door speakers any idea why

Submitted: 09/03/2015 20:21:22 | ID: 113062

Roberts, Shropshire

Ford Streetka

changed my door speakers and next day engine management light came on and now stays on whilst driving. No loss of power at all?

Submitted: 09/03/2015 20:18:36 | ID: 113061

Louise, Nottinghamshire

Ford Streetka

The last two days when i have gone to start my car in the morning the needles on the gauges flicker for a few seconds, the car starts first time and doesn't struggle at all, was just really confused and wondered if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone could suggest what it might be?

Submitted: 27/12/2014 22:57:37 | ID: 108505

sue, Lancashire

Ford Streetka

I have a streetka luxury 1.6 roadster and ive been told it needs a software upgrade. Can this be done without going to the main ford dealer...

Submitted: 31/10/2014 22:56:34 | ID: 105428

anne pickles, Yorkshire

Ford Streetka

When should the timing belt be changed?

Submitted: 02/06/2014 09:08:34 | ID: 96695

John Boyle, County Tyrone

Ford Streetka 2010

I have a four year old Ford Streetka with 19,000 miles. When should I change the timing belt? (studio)

Submitted: 10/03/2014 09:36:26 | ID: 62543

Douglas Young, Renfrewshire

Ford Streetka 2003

I`ve been a motor mechanic for over 40 years but this is driving me nuts. I have a 2003 Ford Streetka. I fitted new rear brake cable, it does both sides and when I had hubs off fitted new brake shoes and new spring kit and the car has only done 44,000 miles. I fitted left side first and put hub/brake drum on and tightened up centre nut and everything was okay. I started putting together o/s rear shoes and kit, (just a mirror image of n/side) and on tightening up that centre nut the drum went solid. I have taken it apart at least four times now and a I can`t see any reason for the drum to be doing it? This drum was very hard to take off even with a puller and bearings seem to be sitting okay. Can anybody please help? Thanks.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:17:09 | ID: 59476

Brian Hills, Essex

Ford Streetka 2005

My Ford Streetka needs it`s rear plastic window replacing. I am in Colchester. Is there anywhere local say 50-60 mile radius that would effect a repair and what sort of cost? (Duluxe)

Submitted: 19/11/2013 15:08:38 | ID: 58129

Sammie, Warwickshire

Ford Streetka 2005

My Ford Streetka`s driver`s door keeps failing, it`s like it is locked and I can`t open the door. The passenger side is fine and I had to climb out of it! The driver`s door opened after a few tries from the outside. This has happened four times now and it`s getting very annoying! Does anyone know what might be causing this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks.

I had the same problem... handles inside and out very very stiff seemingly impossible to open ... barged the door with my hip and pulled the exterior handle to free the door at the same time. Found the problem was instantly solved by greasing the exterior door mechanism and catch (bar)... also sprayed inside the exterior door mechanism with wd40. Possibly the reason why so many handles are broken? Richard from Leicestershire

Submitted: 25/04/2013 10:11:22 | ID: 93347

Joanne Daisley, Norfolk

Ford Streetka 2005

There are 2 things amiss with my Ford Streetka 1.The mileometer doesn’t stay on total mileage when the ignition is switched off, it reverts to trip meter. It goes back to total mileage when I press the button. 2 It has recently developed a very quiet alarm sound as I drive along, it`s a long bleep for about 4 or 5 seconds with probably 20 to 30 seconds in between. It is not the hood compartment as the boot is opening fine. How do I sort these problems please? (Winter version)

Submitted: 15/02/2013 09:27:28 | ID: 90570

Charlotte, Yorkshire

Ford Streetka 2004

I`m just wanting to know if anyone knows where I can get an inside light and a glovebox for an 04 Ford Streetka?

Submitted: 30/11/2012 09:46:25 | ID: 63828

Martyn Jeffrey, France

Ford Streetka 2003

Does anyone know if this model is fitted with a timing belt or a timing chain? (1.6i)

Submitted: 13/03/2012 09:08:26 | ID: 83057

Lynda Kelly, Durham

Ford Streetka 2003

Where do I get good looking fitted replacement seat covers for a 2003 Ford Streetka? All the ones I am seeing are not the same shape as the ones in my 53 plate car? Please help, I don’t really want to pay extortionate prices. (1.6i)

I got mine from wlw ltd 10 derrychara link enniskillen fermanagh bt74 6jf letitianeill303@hotmail.com from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 07/03/2012 10:39:02 | ID: 82389

Sue Day, Cambridgeshire

Ford Streetka 2004

Does anyone know how I can make my interior light come on when I open the driver’s door? It works when I unlock the car but not when I open the door to get out when I park up. And also, how to make the ’lights on’ warning sound work. Thanks in advance.

On the driver’s side of the car, where the foor shuts, about half way down is a black knob that pushes in and out. When the car door is opened with the lights on etc this should mean a warning sund emits. The know may need replacinig or turning like mine did Claire Thompson from England

Submitted: 20/02/2012 08:32:21 | ID: 78992

Jim Murphy, Hampshire

Ford Streetka 2004

Where is the remote central locking sensor positioned on the 2004 Ford Streetka?

Submitted: 09/02/2012 09:53:49 | ID: 68834