Honda HR-V consumer car reviews and road tests

Honda HR-V

Honda HR-V consumer reviews by year of make: 1999  2002  2004  2007

Honda HR-V consumer car reviews

Mike426, Ireland

Honda HR-V 2004

I only recently got my HR-V and love it. I bought it for its space (to transport our Golden Retrievers ), its height off the ground and its 4WD capabilities after two bad winters of snow. I read other people’s reviews, both the good and the bad, but went with my gut instinct at the end. It drives very well and is pretty quiet when started and has a thoughtfully laid out design. My only regret is I didn’t buy it when it was new!

Submitted: 2011-10-19 | ID: 41061

Zoli Szép, Cardiff

Honda HR-V 1999

I have had some Land Rovers before. I have a mile long, non covered road to my house. With light offroad tyres it’s the same performance as in much bigger (and unfortunately heavier) jeeps. It’s just a question of physics and traction, not trade-marks and names.

Hi, do you still have this car? I would love to hear your opinion. Legyszi irj a bcsabiz kukac yahoo pont com-ra - Csaba Bajcsi from England

Submitted: 2009-12-16 | ID: 41059

Lynn Hodd, England

Honda HR-V 2002

There is a fault with the start clutch on the gearbox of the Honda HR-V which means it needs replacing in under 10 years. If you have a model before 2002 it is covered with a 10 year warranty but after 2002 for only 7 years.

For the benefit of readers this fault only applies to first generation HRV's that have the CVT automatic gearbox. - from Portugal

Submitted: 2008-11-12 | ID: 41062

William Norris, Norfolk

Honda HR-V 2007

Whilst aimed at the 4x4 market, I was aware before I bought my second hand 2004 HR-V that it’s strongest points don’t lie off road, however, as a family car with plenty of space for 3 children and a very comfortable drive it really does rate up there.

Submitted: 2007-10-26 | ID: 41063

• A response has been made to Lynn Hodd (23/10/2016 22:00:06)
  • A response has been made to Zoli Szép (16/12/2009 22:13:50)

• "My daughter is expecting her first child and needs to change her BMW Mini Cooper for something more practical. She is looking at a Honda HR-V, I kno..." (Hamish Ogilvie, 13/03/2017 08:57:30)

• Hamish Ogilvie's question has been answered: "Have a look at the Honest John web site, you will get some good information there. - Hugh from City of Glasgow' '..." (13/03/2017 16:45:01)

Renault Megane