Honda S2000 consumer car reviews and road tests

Honda S2000

Honda S2000 consumer reviews by year of make: 1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008

Honda S2000 consumer car reviews

Tom, United States of America

Honda S2000 S2000 ROADSTER 1999 - 2008

The Honda S2000 is the perfect sports car. It's not a sporty car. If you don't know the differance this is not the car for you. If you want a no compromise track car shop for a 2.0 litre model produced from 2000 to 2003. The later 2.2 litre is the tamed down version making it more livable for everyday driving. Be sure to smooth the sharp angular edges of the convertible top frame to avoid premature wear.

Submitted: 2015-08-21 | ID: 120136

anthony cavill, North Lincolnshire

Honda S2000 S2000 ROADSTER 1999 - 2008

Unfortunately my poem below has posted without punctuation and the stanzas seperated.verses. Apologies.

Submitted: 2014-10-27 | ID: 105201

anthony cavill, North Lincolnshire

Honda S2000 S2000 ROADSTER 1999 - 2008

Wrote this to my S2000. Slightly mad I know but maybe some owners out there will relate to it! Ode to My S2000 I saw you first time in the showroom, your Silverstone paintwork agleam, your red leather soft and inviting, poised there, you looked like a dream. I emptied my bank to acquire you I doubted if it was right a low-down, 2-seater drop-top with handling possessing a bite. The first drive away from the dealer with hard-top fixed and secured, was noisy, cramped & with blind spots a slow journey I had to endure. Through rush hour city we ventured in traffic, rain and pollution your vtec rumbling and grumbling.. at low speeds you’re not the solution. Once home in the Lincolnshire country I put you away for the night still wondering at my decision and whether to buy you was right. Day two began with more rainfall, you’d looked quite forlorn through the night but then as the clouds began clearing a twinkle appeared in your light. The hard top came off for first outing I nestled midst leather and steel we trundled far out of the village your eagerness easy to feel. Your vtec was rumbling & grumbling as I drove you with heed & quite well but then as the revs kept increasing you screamed like a banshee from hell! We powered through bends oh so balanced your cornering grippy & true, your engine was revving like fury my decision was right I now knew! As time passed I mastered your foibles rear-end sliding is there to deploy we drift round the corners together with a one-ness that feels such a joy. Every journey is now so exciting with top down and wind in my hair you’re dependable, tough & like lightning you’ve character, power & flair. I’m so glad I bought you dear Honda, your vtec with rapturous scream, the pleasure you bring is beyond a driving enthusiast’s dream.

Submitted: 2014-10-27 | ID: 105200

John Harvey, England

Honda S2000 2001

Best car I’ve owned. Had it over a year now and still look forward to driving it everyday. Always looking for excuses to ride and when the sun’s shinning its the only place to be. Hardtop is a nice edition in the winter and enhances the cockpit feel and the lines of the car, but dying for the warmer/dryer weather to revert to the soft top. Vtec is superb and although in my sixties I’m still a boy racer at heart and love to give those arrogant BMers a shock when they sit on your tail waiting to pounce and you roar away. Even the bikers get a run for their money. Great fun and utterly reliable. Love the red START button. Wife now puts hands over her ears when I start to wax lyrical over the S2000. Just get one if you want a sports car with guts and a you’ll have permanent rictus smile.

Submitted: 2013-03-29 | ID: 41203

John Riding, Lancashire

Honda S2000 2003

Like others on here I look forward to the adrenalin inducing 10 mile trip to my office. I have had lots of Porsches my last was the boxster 3.2 s, but that was boring compared to the s2000. The car is totally fundemental with only basic controls it doesn’t even have a clock. I love it to death and cannot wait to take the rattly hard top off and open the roof up. I just wish the weather was more s2000 friendly.

Submitted: 2013-02-01 | ID: 41202

Stuart Anderson, East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Honda S2000 2000

I bought a silver AP1 about 3 years ago, which had spent it’s 9 or so years being run-in by it’s careful lady owner. Having paid only £5500 for it with full Honda history, I remember turning to a friend when driving it some six months later and declaring that if I put it in a ditch tomorrow then I’ve already had more than my money’s worth already! Even when another friend did precisely that at a track a few months on, my S2000 soldiered on, requiring only a new front bumper. Being impatient with things which don’t work, the Honda was a perfect choice for me. It loves to be red lined and the experience is extraordinary. It’s not actually that quick when you consider the performance stats on modern hot hatches or German saloons but, being a low slung roadster with that noisy vtec it feels a lot quicker than it is. It’s a wee bit twitchy on the limit and I’ve read some criticism from the motoring press about the power delivery (you’ve got to keep it above 6000 rpm to fully expoit it), but I simply see it as a split personality vehicle. You can potter along at low revs in a relaxed fashion or wring it’s neck and enjoy the adrenaline served. I guess that if you are reading this, you have a specific interest in an S2000. It’s non offensive where perhaps a Boxster could be and it never ceases to amaze me how much attention it gets. This is quite ironic, as I also bought it because I think it’s a very subtle little car. It’s unbreakable, it’s the best value roadster you can buy and it will put a huge smile on your face every time you drive it. Buy one. Soon!

Submitted: 2012-06-30 | ID: 41204

James Randall, Warwickshire

Honda S2000 2006

If, two years ago, you had asked me what my best ever purchase was I would have waxed lyrical about my superb espresso machine. The delicious blends, the excellent crema, the wonderful aromas but most importantly, its magnificent ability to wake me up in the morning. However, two years ago I made what is now the best purchase of my life; forget caffeine, all you need to wake yourself up in the morning is a Honda S2000! The S2000 looks sleek, sexy and sophisticated and that is because it is. The feeling as you slip into the cockpit is of a snug rocket ship, which is in fact, what it is. The acceleration is electric and as you zoom past 6000 rpm and the VTEC kicks in, the feeling is like being shot in the groin with a taser, if that is a brilliant feeling? The S2000 is responsive and exhilarating in every one of its gears and feels as though you are glued to the road at all times. There is hardly any roll in the corners and at every point it feels composed and secure. I have really pushed the boundaries in this car and I have never been disappointed. As for the practicality, one has to remember it is a sports car; lets face it, it won’t be much help when you are moving house. Also, if you are planning to go on holiday, it had better be to a naturist retreat where you won’t require clothes, because any more than a small case will be a struggle. But before I make it sound like the boot space is non-existent, golf fans, you will be pleased to hear that your clubs will fit! If I were to leave you with one thought it would be this: I still smile when I drive it, I still stare at it as I walk to and from it in the carpark, and I still miss it when I am not driving it. As I said, the S2000 is the best purchase of my life.

Submitted: 2009-06-01 | ID: 41208

Simon Stokes, Flintshire

Honda S2000 2007

I haven’t stopped smiling since I got it. It makes a fantastic noise when revved passed 6000 rpm and goes like hell in in first 4 gears. After that you’ve usually run out of road!! 12 months old & I haven’t had a spanner on it, no rattles or loose trim. Low 30’s possible when driven normally on A roads, 28 when pushed, which is acceptable. Everyone should own one once. Its the best fun outside the bedroom you will ever have.

Submitted: 2008-08-15 | ID: 41207

Philip Jennings, Dorset

Honda S2000 2005

This is just the most fun to drive and gives a very smooth and comfortable drive around town, but when on the open road it really comes into its own, which lets face it is the reason you buy a sportscar. This little beauty can shift and then some!! I’ve previously owned a Mazda MX-5 but this car has more guts to it and a little more style. If you need to ask about fuel consumption though don’t even look at one!

Submitted: 2008-04-21 | ID: 41206

Steve Williams, Lancashire

Honda S2000 2007

This is an amazing little car when you consider what you’re getting for the money and it really can go. Fabulous fun to drive and not as bad on fuel as I expected (mid 20’s) but make sure you keep your eye on the oil. An understated little belter of a car, that is as reliable as it is fast!

I don't understand your comment "keep an eye on the oil" . If you are suggesting that the S2000 consumes oil that has not been my experience. I have driven over 200,000 miles in my two S2000's and they have never consumed a drop of oil between changes. The S2000 engine is very tight. - from United States of America

Submitted: 2007-11-26 | ID: 41205