2001 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2001 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

William Elgie, Lincolnshire

Land Rover Freelander 2001

I bought a 2001 Freelander from a main dealer costing £ 12,500 .For the first 4 years it was a brilliant car then after that it was rubbish. I had it serviced every time it was due, but the head gasket went on it four times costing a fortune to replace. The model was a 1.8 petrol. The milage was only 71000, which for a car of 11 years old is nothing. I contacted Land Rover about the problem and they didn’t want to know. I was told by an AA patrol officer it was a design flaw with this model, which I told Landrover, but they still didn’t want to know.S o dont buy a 1.8 petrol Land Rover as it will be a costly mistake. Cost for head gasket is £650 a time!

Submitted: 2012-02-19 | ID: 42259

Neil Osbourne, Northumberland

Land Rover Freelander 2001

Having gone through many Northumberland winters in many different cars I finally decided that it was high time I bought a LandRover. What a fantastic decision it has turned out to be. Very reliable and comfortable with heated leather seats as well. Decent performance and economy from an engine pushing 100,000 miles. The bodywork is superb too. I hope it retains its reliability and I’m looking forward to many more miles.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-02-19 | ID: 42250

Victoria Horsewood, Lincolnshire

Land Rover Freelander 2001

I have had my TD4 2001 Freelander for 5 years now and I can say this has been a brilliant little 4x4. It has just done 168,000kms and is still going strong. Mechanically it’s sound and passes its MoT annually with minimal cost. In the last 5 years I have had to replace a alternator, brake caliper and some coolant pipes, not bad for the sort of mileage it has done. Only bugbear is the electric windows, only one of which still work. It was great in the snow and kept me mobile, it has towed my horse and trailer around on a Sunday without a problem. I am going to part exchange it shortly as I need more towing weight and I will be sort of sorry to see it go, not sure if I have been lucky with mine but it’s served me well.

Submitted: 2011-02-02 | ID: 42249