2006 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2006 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Dr D Hoyle, Surrey

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

A perfect car. Stately on French motorways, and completely functional off road. Comfortable, solid, stylish. Probably the best car I've ever owned (over 45 years of driving.)

Submitted: 2016-07-12 | ID: 133463

stewart, Gwent

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

I own a 58 reg 2.2 freelander, it has covered 84k , my dilemma, when should I change the timeing belt , it has been realy well serviced at the right times, and I don't want to break down while on holiday towing the caravan , the only downside it should have had low box,. derek

Submitted: 2016-06-28 | ID: 133068

Panos Pastides, Hampshire

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER DIESEL 2003 - 2006

I have a 56 registered TD4 HSE MK1 which I have owned since October 2007; I bought it through a local LR dealer when it had 2,828 miles on the clock, it now has just under 45,000. The only problems experienced during the past 7 years have been the replacement of both rear window regulators, one set of tyres, one set of discs and pads on the front and the replacement of the rubber turbo inlet pipes to silicon on the recommendation of a fellow Freelander owner who had to replace one when on holiday in Holland, which he thought was expensive i.e. he could have replaced all with silicon for the price he paid for the one. The sunroof opens and closes fine, but on closing there appears to be a clutch slipping, but it still works fine. We have just completed a 3,498 mile trip to Italy travelling via Mount Blanc on the way out, and up through the centre of France on the way home, towing our 2010 coachman 460/2 caravan without incident, averaging 28MPG. After several years of umming and ahhing and knowing that I was going to need extra power for the journey I invested in a fuel system digital tuning module and the transformation in the power and torque was excellent, and I only used position 3 of 5 of the settings whilst on holiday and ran with it in position 2 for everyday use. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 7 years with this car and am now looking to upgrade to a Freelander 2 SD4 hoping to be as lucky with that as I have been with this one. Well done Land Rover.

Submitted: 2014-07-30 | ID: 100602

James Gregory, Durham

Land Rover Freelander 2006

I have owned a 2006 Freelander 1 and then a 2008 Freelander 2 hse auto and went on to own 3 more a 2009 xs manual, a 2011 sd4 hse auto and now a 2013 sd4 hse auto. The freelander 2 is a great car totaly different from the freelander 1. In the last snow storms I travelled with ease through 600mm plus snow drifts as well as towing cars out of deep snow. Well done Land Rover on what I think is the best compact 4x4 ever!

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 42262

Alan, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Land Rover Freelander 2006

I bought a new 3 door V6 2.5 in UK in 2002 and exported it to the Caribbean, where I live. After 4 years the automatic gear box packed up. Various remedies were tried but to no avail and I had to air freight a new one in at my own expense - the best that LR would do was supply a new gear box at the re-con price! I sold the vehicle fast and, guess what, bought a new late 2006 V6 2.5 5 door for a knockdown price - do I ever learn? Anyway, 3 and a half years later I have had no trouble until last week when it started mis-firing. three of the six coils are faulty, according to the computer. FedEx are bringing me some new ones, hopefully arriving tomorrow. It really does drive beautifully on and off road - I live off-road up a steep rough dirt track but the difficulty of obtaining spare parts in such a remote location and the very positive road reports on the Freelander 2 are making me actively consider changing now before the next catastrophe!! I was very impressed with an Australian video on YouTube showing the Freelander 2 on the rough. And if you squint it looks like a Range Rover!!

Submitted: 2011-03-17 | ID: 42248

Iwan Rodgers, Denbighshire

Land Rover Freelander 2006

I do actually use the Freelander both on and off road and this is why it was worth spending a little extra money. I own a farm and the fields become difficult terrain when the rains come and the CR-V and Rav4 just wouldn’t be able to cope.

Submitted: 2007-11-05 | ID: 42269