2007 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2007 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Dr D Hoyle, Surrey

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

A perfect car. Stately on French motorways, and completely functional off road. Comfortable, solid, stylish. Probably the best car I've ever owned (over 45 years of driving.)

Submitted: 2016-07-12 | ID: 133463

stewart, Gwent

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

I own a 58 reg 2.2 freelander, it has covered 84k , my dilemma, when should I change the timeing belt , it has been realy well serviced at the right times, and I don't want to break down while on holiday towing the caravan , the only downside it should have had low box,. derek

Submitted: 2016-06-28 | ID: 133068

Colin, Sussex

Land Rover Freelander 2007

At the moment I drive for work a 7.5 Ton Isuzu and I can honestly say that that is much smoother, much more responsive, and a much more comfortable drive than the Freelander 2 I am unfortunate to own. It wallows about like a drunken elephant, acceleration is appalling, there is just no power. You have to absolutely floor it to get it moving at any speed and constant gear changing traffic is just hard work. I now realise that you have to have an automatic if you buy one of these. It feels as if it is built out of tin, try closing the bonnet, sounds like a Ford Transit, and if you don’t use it much the battery runs down, even the batteries in the remote run out fast. Yesterday we drove into central London and had the Sat Nav set to take us there, it was utterly useless when there was a problem on the roads, admittedly it got us close but when there was a diversion it gave up, several times it did not even show a route to take. All in all it’s probably the worst car for drivability, I have been unfortunate to own. On the other side of the coin, there is loads of room inside and plenty of boot space and if I get stuck in the snow it will probably be brilliant, and if you take your cars to uncharted territory or live rural then it will suit fine. But for a comfortable road car forget it.

Submitted: 2011-05-29 | ID: 42247

Vance, Hampshire

Land Rover Freelander 2007

This is the biggest pile of sh**e i have ever owned. It has given me nothing but trouble since day one. I think I could bath my son in the passenger footwell after a night of rain, that’s how bad the leaking is. The seats have jamed twice on me and it takes for EVER to heat the cabin up. The only good thing about it is the engine, which isn’t even Land Rovers, its a Peugeot/ Ford hdi engine!! Stay well away if you even want a half DECENT car. Buy a RAV4/ CRV, VITARA, X TRAIL, TIGUAN or even a Kuga if you want a nice reliable and easy to run small 4x4

Submitted: 2009-11-30 | ID: 42234

Richard Griffith, Conwy

Land Rover Freelander 2007

Still own a mark 1 (diesel) with 136k miles and no real problems encountered. The mark 2 is however a class apart in every respect. More comfortable, quieter and refined than many a prestige saloon- speaks volumes for the engineering /development team entrusted to overcome the mark 1’s unenviable reputation. Have now covered 30k trouble free miles-oh by the way new cars tyres last twice as long as the original as well as having vastly superior handling.

Submitted: 2009-01-02 | ID: 42271

Patrick, Shropshire

Land Rover Freelander 2007

Just love the Freelander 2. Off and on road it is brilliant. Just a pity that the colour range is a bit uninspiring. I have the tamboraflame (orange) seen on most Freelander publicity but no longer available. Such a pity. When we see other Freelander 2’s in this colour the other car occupants invariably wave at us and us at them. Silly maybe but this car is fun so why not enjoy!

Submitted: 2008-10-27 | ID: 42265

Sarah, Cheshire

Land Rover Freelander 2007

The latest shape Freelander is a lovely car. MUCH better that the previous shape. Still quite a rare site on the roads too at the moment. Very pleased.

Submitted: 2007-10-25 | ID: 42270

Mike Harris, Norfolk

Land Rover Freelander 2007

I’m really impressed with my Freelander. The drive feels smooth and seamless. Off road driving in this car is great fun and the design has a real touch of class about it. A bit special.

Submitted: 2007-09-06 | ID: 42268

Louise, Middlesex

Land Rover Freelander 2007

The previous model Freelander was OK, but nothing special. Build quality was only as good as less expensive rivals. Quite economical, but under powered.

Submitted: 2007-08-28 | ID: 42267

Chris Sandford, Flintshire

Land Rover Freelander 2007

Land Rover have delivered a fantastic car that bears no resemblance to the glitch prone Mk1. It really took a lot to stick with Land Rover after owning the previous Freelander model but I’m a firm believer in supporting home grown products and this one is a beauty. If you are in anyway unsure about this vehicle because of things you’ve heard about the previous one don’t be, they really don’t compare.

Submitted: 2007-08-09 | ID: 42266