2008 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2008 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Dr D Hoyle, Surrey

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

A perfect car. Stately on French motorways, and completely functional off road. Comfortable, solid, stylish. Probably the best car I've ever owned (over 45 years of driving.)

Submitted: 2016-07-12 | ID: 133463

stewart, Gwent

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

I own a 58 reg 2.2 freelander, it has covered 84k , my dilemma, when should I change the timeing belt , it has been realy well serviced at the right times, and I don't want to break down while on holiday towing the caravan , the only downside it should have had low box,. derek

Submitted: 2016-06-28 | ID: 133068

Geoff Kelly, England

Land Rover Freelander 2008

I have had my Freelander2 gs from new in Jan ’08. I have to say it has been a great car and I have had no problems at all. The tyres needed changing at 21k and I also changed the front pads, but the back did not need doing. No other faults, but forget the mileage claimed; my true is 34 motorway and 28 urban. A great car, but search on the history of rear diffs going, of which there are many!

I thought the rear diff problem was only on 2007 models and older? I heard it was fixed in 2008 but maybe much later in the year? - Dawn Munnings from England

Submitted: 2012-11-27 | ID: 42260

Frank Anatole, London

Land Rover Freelander 2008

The Freelander 2 is an entirely different car to the Freelander 1 and really deserves to be rated separately as the reviews above can give a rather misleading impression. This car is simply brilliant. Everything from drivability to comfort and safety have been improved. I have owned the car for almost 3 years and had not one single problem. The word is slowly getting out that this is a car Land Rover have got right as they have clearly learned from the mistakes on the Mk 1.

Submitted: 2010-11-09 | ID: 42252

Willie Hendriks, South Africa

Land Rover Freelander 2008

I have done 70,000km’s in 12 months, bought it secondhand on 32,000km’s. If it wasn’t for the radio software upgrade and right front electric seat new gear frame, the car would have had a 100% perfect record. The standard tyres have done 100,000km’s it is now time to change them. It is amazing for a 4x4 that the tyres and alignment stays true. I average 12.3kilos/liter at +120kph, my best were 13.6 at 120kph. Can recomend this SUV with pride. NB! Excellent handling and accelaration, thanks to 400nm.

Submitted: 2010-03-15 | ID: 42246

David Parry-Jones, Shropshire

Land Rover Freelander 2008

As a motoring journalist I was fortunate in being able to try all the 4x4s on lengthy road tests - if only everyone could they would come to the same conclusion. The Freelander2 was head and shoulders above the competition in both, value, engineering and its delightful new sophisticated interior. I still love it to bits and it tows delightfully.

Submitted: 2008-10-31 | ID: 42264