2009 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2009 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Dr D Hoyle, Surrey

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

A perfect car. Stately on French motorways, and completely functional off road. Comfortable, solid, stylish. Probably the best car I've ever owned (over 45 years of driving.)

Submitted: 2016-07-12 | ID: 133463

stewart, Gwent

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

I own a 58 reg 2.2 freelander, it has covered 84k , my dilemma, when should I change the timeing belt , it has been realy well serviced at the right times, and I don't want to break down while on holiday towing the caravan , the only downside it should have had low box,. derek

Submitted: 2016-06-28 | ID: 133068

Sandy Gait, England

Land Rover Freelander 2009

I had a fantastic Discovery 3 but a change of caravan meant I did not need such a large tug, so went to my local dealer, he gave what I paid for the Discovery a year ago and I bought a Freelander 2 gs auto 2009 ex demonstrator, with 4500 on the clock and full landrover warranty. What a brilliant car, it is lively, very economical and handles brilliantly. My wife and I took up the dealer offer of a half day Landrover experience to see what it could do, (we had one with the Discovery and were amazed ). We wanted to see how close it could come off road, well apart from 2 very extreme sections where you needed adjustable suspension and low ratio, the FL 2 was terrific, up and downsteep slushy/muddy slopes, thick snow it gave complete confidence,it went places the opposition can only dream about. Well done Land Rover still top in all the classes.

Submitted: 2010-04-20 | ID: 42245

Michael Garrett-Yates, Nottinghamshire

Land Rover Freelander 2009

I bought my Freelander second hand having done research that advocated a cautionary approach. The vehicle was on at top book price for its year and on face of it appeared to be value for money. However, alarm bells were ringing about the mechanical and electical history of Freelanders in general so I forked out for extra warranty cover in addition to the usual dealer post sale assurances. I’m so glad that I did! I do a working commute of around 50 miles per day to my local office but am ocassionally required to travel anywhere in the country. I purchased a 4x4 because my work does take me into areas, weathers and terrains that require the capabilities of this sort of vehicle and as a health care professional I cannot contemplate any circumumstances where I fail to attend a client. Reliability of transport is therefore an essential part of my professional portfolio. I am presently faced with another four years - the length of the finance deal - of uncertainty with this vehicle. I have been running the vehicle for 8 months and in that time it has been off the road three times for repairs. At this moment in time it is off the road for for repair of the head following a water leak that was only discovered during a routine service. Luckily I have a very good relationship with my dealer as I have bought all my cars of him in the past. He has been good enough to provide me with transport so that I can continue with my work. Would I buy another Land Rover? Nope! If I performed to the same standard as my vehicle, I would be struck off (not to mention sued)!

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Freelander. My first petrol Freelander, a 2000 Lxi, also needed a Cylinder Head Gasket after 50,000 miles otherwise it was problem free over 4 yrs. I now own a 2054 petrol Freelander which has covered 40,000 trouble free miles over 3 years and even if the head gasket needs to be replaced at 50,000 miles I feel that it has been good value for money - Edward Green from Durham

Submitted: 2009-09-15 | ID: 42243