2010 Freelander reviews

22 September 2017

2010 Land Rover Freelander reviews

Land Rover Freelander reviews by year of make: 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Read all reviews

Dr D Hoyle, Surrey

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

A perfect car. Stately on French motorways, and completely functional off road. Comfortable, solid, stylish. Probably the best car I've ever owned (over 45 years of driving.)

Submitted: 2016-07-12 | ID: 133463

stewart, Gwent

Land Rover Freelander FREELANDER 2 DIESEL SW 2006 - 2010

I own a 58 reg 2.2 freelander, it has covered 84k , my dilemma, when should I change the timeing belt , it has been realy well serviced at the right times, and I don't want to break down while on holiday towing the caravan , the only downside it should have had low box,. derek

Submitted: 2016-06-28 | ID: 133068

Blakey, Northumberland

Land Rover Freelander 2010

I have a 2010 Freelander2 HSE Auto. It is so different from my Freelander1. I use the Freelander2 on farm tracks, when fishing and on motorways, travelling up and down the country. The fuel econony is about 30mpg on short runs and 49.8 on long motorway runs keeping at 60mh, not bad for a 4x4 auto. The Freelander2 is a great all round 4x4 at home up to its door cills in mud or on motorways with no problems found. Keep it up Land Rover!

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 42263

Bob Cockerham, Yorkshire

Land Rover Freelander 2010

Having owned this vehicle for 10 months (6,500 miles) it is long enough to present some balanced feedback and as an ex Land Rover mechanic (25 years OUT of the trade) and ex- owner of some early LR models I hope I understand what is good and bad in a 4DW motor vehicle. A great vehicle in many, many ways but in the first 3 weeks of ownership I told the dealer and Land Rover I was close to rejecting the vehicle as it went into safe mode twice in a week and would not rev over 2,000 rpm. I consider this was very likely brought about by the fitting of a Land Rover tow bar kit by the supplying dealer a week after delivery (modern tow bar electrics have to be matched into the computer) and at over £500 for the LR kit (fitted) this not only should not happen but it is also a complete rip off price. Otherwise the vehicle has been fault free so far. Round town type journeys give a fuel return of up to 35mpg which is very acceptable for a vehicle of this weight driving all 4 wheels and on longer journeys keeping around 70 the mpg hits around 40mpg when loaded. Not long after delivery I asked LR about supplying up-rated headlight bulbs as the standard bulbs throw only average light, LR dealers though cannot or will not supply them but they are available through the internet. The down side of general ownership of any Freelander I feel is it is far too expensive to service at a LR dealership, a first service price quoted to me for what is no more than a oil and filter change and a kick of the tyres was £386 and within 2 minutes of pushing on that price this dropped to £275 and as in law you can keep a full warranty if you use a VAT registered local garage using genuine factory sourced parts you can guess where may Landy is going. Our Freelander is not used as a Chelsea tractor and goes with us to the local allotments full of gardening gear and Yorkshire Moors/Dales when we go hiking, but I have decked out the load area with a home made removable covering. As it is a manual version and does not have a low ratio gearbox I have reservations about how aggressive I can be as 1st gear is just not low enough to climb steep, loose boulder strewn, broken tracks. That is were an auto version should score better, as then there are no worries about having to slip the clutch or go that fast you risk grounding and damaging the underside of what is not a cheap vehicle. In last winters snow (in the snow setting) it performed very well while my wife’s car sat for 2 weeks in the drive unable to travel anywhere. So in summary: A great vehicle when compared to the Land Rovers and even Range Rovers of old and on the motorway it is quieter up to 70 mph than my wife’s BMW due to the BMW run flat tyre system and the Landy gets you there just as quick. One other final comment, why on earth would you not want a spare wheel and why is it an optional extra?

Submitted: 2011-08-30 | ID: 42258