Land Rover Range Rover consumer car reviews and road tests

Land Rover Range Rover

Land Rover Range Rover consumer reviews by year of make: 2001  2003  2004  2006  2007  2008  2010  2011

Land Rover Range Rover consumer car reviews

Juan Vidal, Spain

Land Rover Range Rover 2011

I bought this car in Spain and paid €95K. During the first year I have been very happy with this vehicle, even including features that I was discovering almost on weekely basis. This car has been fulfilling all my requirements, until a month ago when the famous problem of the red triangle sign came up and the car switched to safe mode, restricting performance, in the middle of the road. Since then I have taken the vehicle to the dealer. Initially they ordered parts for the engine vacuum connected to the turbo. This solutions failed. They then ordered additional parts that had to be sent from the UK. Every order took more than a week. Anyhow, the car is still at the workshop. Conclusion: The concept of this car is very good, but Land Rover has rolled it out too early before it has been tested enough and without being prepared at the dealers to support these types of problems.

Submitted: 2012-06-17 | ID: 42276

George Rollini, Hertfordshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2003

The best 4x4 of all holds its crown, ownership is expensive but the car seems to make it worthwhile, driving is a pleasure and makes you feel like a star, it fits the kids and dogs all in one go, if you can afford the running cost get one!!

Submitted: 2012-06-13 | ID: 42277

Jacey Knight, London

Land Rover Range Rover 2010

Everyone will want to drive this car, it is a beauty <br /><br />

Submitted: 2012-01-03 | ID: 42278

Charles Daytona, Argyllshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2011

Wonderful car! There are criticisms: Too many electrical gizmos and power sinks, so the battery is frequently low. Warning appears "Start Engine". I Hope all will be well in Winter. Driver’s left leg rests against the gearbox cover, which is plastic. This gets cold when driving, and is uncomfortable. Drivers door pocket in similar "plastic", so gets dirty when using foot to open/keep open the door. The P38 RR had carpet in both areas, and there was no problem. (Incidently my P38 has 135000 miles on clock, and still looks good and performs well) The rear air conditioning louvre is very noisy, and needs to be shut off when driving. I often drive on private roads, but seat belt warning every 5 seconds is really annoying. HOWEVER, all is forgiven by the superb power train. Quiet and very fast, I find it necessary to set a speed limit warning, as one soon reaches 90 without realising it when overtaking. It eats BMWs, Mercedes’, Audis, and I have yet to be passed by a faster car. I have yet to drive "off road" - I have kept my P38 for that! Fuel consumption is unbelievable for a 3 ton car. Pottering around Argyll gets 27mpg, some 6mpg better than the P38, but when you give it the gun, this drops to about 20 mpg. I have never had consumption this good in 50 years driving! Because of this staggering performance "available on demand", I find there is no need to rush, and journeys are faster AND more comfortable. Fewer complaints from Front Seat Passenger! The SatNav is superb, I have never used one before. I can honestly say that it is the best car I have ever driven, and would not change it for ANY other. I only wish I could take it to the big Motorway in the sky when the time comes! I think this car will see me out.

Submitted: 2011-05-21 | ID: 42275

Geoffrey Mostyn, Sussex

Land Rover Range Rover 2004

Having owned many luxury cars over the years this car has been the best by far. Having completed 6.5 yrs of trouble free motoring which has included rough terrain work I have had to replace 1 headlight bulb. Supremely comfortable with a presence that is others strive for.

Submitted: 2011-02-15 | ID: 42274

John Norris, Hampshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2001

A superb all rounder, on the road smooth easy to drive and very comfy. Pulls well in all gears with lots of power from the 4lt petrol/LPG fuelled lump. Lots of toys inside..sat nav, dvd player, air con, 12 disk cd changer plus many more. Off road go anywhere. Snow, mud, water will not stop it. I can take it right to the edge of the canal to fish. Sitting on the back with the split tail gate I have a shelter and a seat, with a power outlet right next to me I can make tea without moving. Adjustable height suspension makes getting in and out easy even for my disabled mother. Also, ask my neighbours how well it pulls in the snow!

Submitted: 2010-01-30 | ID: 42272

Neil Sodha, Hampshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2008

Best 4x4 I have ever driven. What one has to understand is it’s a car with prestige and when you own one you should not be afraid to spend money on servicing through actual Land Rover Garages. I had first bad issue with a local garage. Now I have fitted LPG it makes a hell of a difference about 25mpg.

Submitted: 2009-12-08 | ID: 42273

Kenneth Grantham, Yorkshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2006

I have been a motor dealer for 27 years and have now moved to different fields. However, I have had every new 4x4 in all classes and there is not any other 4x4 to compete. Yes, they have a few small fixable problems but so do all others. I swapped from a BMW X5 5 years ago and have had 3 new Range Rovers since. Expensive, but certainly the best by far, brilliant after sales service and have even exchanged one I was not happy with after 4 months. How’s that for service?

Submitted: 2008-12-05 | ID: 42284

karen Jeffrey, Scotland

Land Rover Range Rover 2006

Most unreliable car, purchased 1st car from Stratstone of Perth Land Rover in 2005. I had 8 courtesy cars in 10 months, rejected car no one, now on car number 2 it has been in the garage 8 times and going back in again. The mileage is 17,000 with a large portion due to return visits from Glasgow to Perth garage.

Submitted: 2008-03-26 | ID: 42285

Stephen Howard, Sussex

Land Rover Range Rover 2007

After owning a Porsche for 20 years, this is my second Range Rover (4.2 Supercharger SE), and what can I say, it is like a Rolls Royce of 4x4! It’s got class, style and its an absolute delight to drive. The Jaguar engine makes it the best ever built for Range Rover! Don’t bother with BMW or Porsche they are the pretenders, if you want the best go for the Range Rover.

Submitted: 2007-10-30 | ID: 42279

Graham Nichols, Yorkshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2007

This is my eighth Range Rover in eighteen years and THE BEST yet. The power the supercharger delivers thrills every time I drive it. After a long journey I don’t want to park it and switch off! The sound system is superb as well as the luxurious interior which adds to the pleasure. I can’t remember ever having a warranty claim from any of my Range Rovers. Test drive one.

Submitted: 2007-09-24 | ID: 42280

David Reilly, Dumfriesshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2007

Most unreliable car I have ever owned, I drove seven different courtesy cars in 9 months, Spent half my time back and forward to the main agent. The inside is well finished and the car looks well but never buy one that is not under manufacturers warranty unless you have a spare grand a month for repairs. Sold the car after 9 months and lost £30,000 but at least its gone New Audi tdi Q7 on order.

Submitted: 2007-08-30 | ID: 42281

Chris, Kent

Land Rover Range Rover 2007

The best 4 x 4 x far - king of the road as far as luxury 4x4 cars go.

Submitted: 2007-08-28 | ID: 42282

Jimmy Piper, Derbyshire

Land Rover Range Rover 2007

This is my first Range Rover although I have driven Land Rover, before but some years ago. I’ve so far had 5,000 thoroughly enjoyable miles in this car and I really can’t think of anything to pull it up on. A really great car.

Submitted: 2007-08-13 | ID: 42283

Land Rover Range Rover TDV8 road test report

Range Rover stands for the ultimate in luxury SUVs, but where most of its rivals try too hard to be sporty or opulent, the Brit simply hits its mark. It offers a cabin made from the finest materials and provides ample space, while the underpinnings continue to serve up a wondrous mix of comfort, sur [...]

Land Rover Range Rover TDV8 road test report

Land Rover Range Rover V8 Vogue SE road test report

Land Rover has given the Range Rover a touch-up for 2009 with new wheel styles, exterior colours and optional wood and leather heated steering wheels to choose from. Performance Under the bonnet our test vehicle was powered by a V8 diesel engine with an output of 200bhp and it has a maximum torque [...]

Land Rover Range Rover V8 Vogue SE road test report