Mazda 6 consumer car reviews and road tests

Mazda 6

Mazda 6 consumer reviews by year of make: 2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011

Mazda 6 consumer car reviews

Eric Bristow, London

Mazda 6 2006

Car lovely. Shelled out for disks and pads but for that landed.

Submitted: 2013-10-04 | ID: 42703

E Mac, Buckinghamshire

Mazda 6 2011

All the aforementioned problems are known faults from Mazda, but don’t let that fool you into thinking they’ll sort it. I worked for a company that used 10 Mazda 6 sports for fleet vehicles (luxury I know). ALL of them, yes all, had DPF faults within 30k, clutch issues and faulty tyre sensors. Two of them had blown engines after 55k, one which required a full engine rebuild for £3000. When asked if this is covered by warranty Mazda informed us they’d only cover half of the cost, and this was serviced at a genuine Mazda dealer in Hertfordshire. After being reconditioned one of said cars developed a new DPF fault. It was a complete nightmare. Do not buy a Mazda. Full stop.

Submitted: 2013-09-11 | ID: 42701

David Roy, Lancashire

Mazda 6 2008

A lovely car to drive but otherwise very disappointing with a catalogue of problems. Misfiring engine is a recurring problem. Recurring glitches with air bag light, electric windows and central locking. Excessive tyre wear. Replacement of battery and spark plugs. Water in rear light lens. Stranded once with non-repairable puncture courtesy of spray foam repair kit which is useless. Extensive corrosion on all four alloy wheels. Problems shutting the boot lid. I buy Japanese cars for their reliability but this has fallen a long way short of my expectations. Oddly I would consider another because I don’t think I could be so unlucky again!

Submitted: 2013-08-27 | ID: 42702

Chris Rowan, Buckinghamshire

Mazda 6 2003

Don’t buy! The reconditioned engine that had been fitted blew up at 117,000 miles. The original engine had blown up at 30,000!

Submitted: 2013-07-25 | ID: 42686

Gerard Griffiths, Lancashire

Mazda 6 2010

Bought new 2010, Takuya petrol. No problems to date. Current mileage 12000. Decent MPH Comfortable on long journeys and around built up areas. Responsive engine and steering. Undecided on going for the new model when 3 years old, or keeping it another 3 years and taking out a warranty with warranty Direct or similar. Concerned the new one might not have same pulling power due to emissions reduction as I found in the 59 Model Toyota Avensis.

Submitted: 2013-05-05 | ID: 42688

Ian Jenkinson, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2003

I had four years of virtually trouble free driving out of my 53 plate Mazda 6 diesel, which I’d bought second hand. The fuel pump went almost as soon as I bought it, but it was fixed under warranty. I sold it at 150k miles to buy a diesel Passat that was fine for 2 years and has then cost me a fortune. First the electronic parking brakes stuck on- fixed under extended warrant (would have been £700) and then the turbo bearing went, which cost £1200. I am now worried because I’ve just put a deposit on an 11 plate Mazda 6 and have read all these reviews about DPFs and clutch failures. I’ve never had a clutch fail in 25 years of motoring and I usually keep my cars until over 100k miles.

Submitted: 2013-04-06 | ID: 42687

Tim, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Mazda 6 2006

We bought our Mazda 6 2009 2.2 turbo diesel 163hp 2 years ago on 9000 miles. The car ran like a dream ’til now! The turbo has blown, which has destroyed the engine and filled the exhaust with engine oil. The Mazda main dealers in Cardiff are as much good as a chocolate fire place! Our car was within warranty, but they refused to carry out repairs, blaming the services that we had carried out by other vat registered garages. Also said wrong grade of synthetic oil, too much oil, but oil has never been topped up between services! I never had an idea that there may have been an issue with the car as no light for the pdf came on, no smell, nothing! The estimated cost for repair could be £5000! I still owe a fortune on finance fo the car! Whatever you do do not buy a Mazda 6!

Hi, I have got a Mazda 6 2.0 Turbo diesel and my engine blew up after 69000 miles. At the time I took it back to Mazda in Newport S Wales and they said to me that all the Mazda 6 are designed to burn oil after 800 miles to 1 litre of oil. I had the same problem of the oil seals on the turbo and suck all the oil out. Again another Mazda design fault they basically wiped there hands off me and told me that because the waraaty had run out; they told me on my bike, it’s now my problem. I have been told that the RF diesel engine is still being used and they know there is a fault but they do not know how to fix it. Even the Mazda 3; the new model has it in them even up to the present day. All in all I had the engine replaced with another one and I dip the oil every day now - once bitten twice shy. My Mazda 6 is on an 2003 and the service bill and parts including the engine and the gearbox; feel out because the gearbox mountings are made from a cheap steel that is in sufficient the final bill so far is HOPE YOU’RE SAT DOWN? Just under five grand. The car has been re-built; the cost of a re-conditioned engine. The rear and front wheel bearings have been replaced, the four brake calipers have been replaced, turbo inter cooler has been replaced, the cooling fans caught on fire and was replaced. The rear wheel arches are rusty and again Mazda called it for a re-call and they looked at the chassis number and turned me away because my chassis number did not match there recall memo. My Mazda is on a loan and you can see from all my problems yours is mild but bad enough though I will keep the car now until it dies so all the best with yours; if I can help any further I will. Regards - Kevin Harkus from Cardiff

Submitted: 2012-12-12 | ID: 42690

Andy Peaple, Rutland

Mazda 6 2009

I have had this 161bhp Mazda 6 diesel for 8 months now and am thoroughly enjoying it. It drives well with plenty of practical space, returns high 40s mpg(I have measured it properly many times over long distances and computer is around 3-4mpg optimistic) and has huge safe overtaking power. The only negatives I think you could pick out (all don’t bother me really) are, hardish ride at low speeds for some, vision could be better i.e. looking past the door frames and mirrors you have to do it properly and not a quick flick and go. Also the controls on the dash could be a little easier to get at quickly, however once you get used to them after a few weeks its ok. Just waiting to see if the reliabiliy is as good, only time will tell!

Submitted: 2012-05-16 | ID: 42689

Barry Duffy, County Tyrone

Mazda 6 2007

The Mazda 6 is a great driving car with plenty of power when you need it. I haven’t had any major problems with the engine and all being well I hope not to have either, but I did have some bother with water coming in to the passenger side. I took the car into the dealer where I bought it to get fixed, but after two days the problem started again. So not wanting to hand out fist-fulls of money I took a look at it myself to find there was water coming in behind the glove box from the side of the air con unit, which when removed had a ball of silicone sealant (fired into it). On finding this I removed it and carefully put a little silicone along the seam of the vent box and I have never had any bother with it since. It took me an hour and a half to fix. Pat Kirk Mazda had the car for 2 days and charged over £200 for the silicone. I will not be going back there again!

2005 D Sport (Saloon). Had car for just over 2 trouble free years. Now the problems have started. Turbo blew at 75,000 miles. £1,250 for reconditioned unit. Intercooler leak (apparently a common fault). £400. Handbrake cable seized, destroying rear N/S brakes. £150. Rear discs warped. £150 (inc pads). KERCHING! - Guy Barry from Berkshire

Blown turbo? Don’t hammer it when cold and let it cool down for 30 seconds or so before switching off. You are braking far too hard all the time to knacker your brakes, I have never had these problems in any of my cars (almost 1 million miles in 28 years) - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2012-01-16 | ID: 42698

Alan Oliver, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2008

We bought our Mazda 6 ts2 tdi just over six months ago as we were attracted to its looks and the amount of space you get in it. It’s a great car, but we are starting to have a few problems. When driving at one speed on the motorway or an A road it seems to shudder, but only for a couple of seconds, then it’s fine again. I’ve had it back to Mazda only to be told they can’t find a fault. Surprise, surprise! We were told to drive the car harder through the rev range due to it having a regeneration system, which builds up then dumps it back out every two hundred and fifty miles, but the car does it a lot more times inbetween. To be honest why should you have to drive it hard to stop this? It’s also hard to get it into 1st gear all the time. I just hope all this is not going to start costing me a lot of money?!!

Submitted: 2011-11-22 | ID: 42696

Gary Tester, Sussex

Mazda 6 2007

I bought my 143bhp diesel sport with 17,777 on the clock, which I have now pushed up to 90,000 in two years. It has been serviced every 10,000 miles and to date I’ve only replaced rear disk/pads, front pads and 2 side light bulbs. However, I will never buy another Mazda because the dealership sucks! They are unhelpful, unwilling and very expensive. Now and again the only problem I get is like a fuel starvation when you come off the throttle and then apply it gently, under two thousand revs on the motorway. But it’s a willing puller with plenty of grunt. It also has good handling, a very large boot and returns approx 45mpg. Road noise does depend on tyre choice. I sold my new mx5 for a BMW 325i convertible across the road, so the Mazder dealer accross the road can see the money he has lost every time I go by, because I no longer take my Mazda 6 there anymore. That’s what happens when you charge £90 p/hour!

Submitted: 2011-11-21 | ID: 42697

Craig Wheeler, England

Mazda 6 2008

I’ve just purchased a Mazda 6 2008 plate, and I am fed up with the tyre presure valves corroding, they are dangerous. I have been Reading about other people having the same problem. I wouldn’t mind, but it costs a fortune to replace each one of them. If this is a common fault, why have we got to pay for them to be replaced? They should be recalled and done for free!!

I have just bought a 2009 Mazda 6 sport lux tourer. The first problem I had was a corroded valve and it cost me £50 to replace at Quick fit. - Simon Goyder from England

Submitted: 2011-10-11 | ID: 42693

Ethel The Aardvark, England

Mazda 6 2004

I’ve never owned a worse car. A lovely car to drive, when it works, which isn’t often! A catalogue of faults: The sensors went costing £500, then the diesel pump went costing £1500; the clutch went costing £1500 and most recently the gear box has lost 5th gear; I’m going to bin the thing! Who said the Bose stereo was any cop?! Where is the aux input? Why can’t it play MP3? It’s aniquated!! The computer was designed by someone on the sunshine bus! I went for this car because all reports said initially that this was a great and reliable car, what a load of rubbish! The Ford engine is good, but the Mazda ancilaries suck. I won’t be going back to Mazda after this poor reliability.

Antiquated? its a 2004 car, you dolt! As for the 'sunshine bus' comment, you are a disgusting individual. Although if you want to go down that path, but wonder why a 2004 doesn't have 2011 features, well... - Patrick Doyle from Antrim

Submitted: 2011-10-11 | ID: 42692

Ian Bowles, Northern Ireland

Mazda 6 2007

Bought new in 2007 due to new family. Had much loved MX5 before. Superb handling but the ride is a little hard. Totally reliable and well made for money. Alloys not well finished on rear, leading to corrosion and replaced under warranty without quibble. Very pleased and will buy Mazda again. This run-out Tamura edition is very well equipped, does not suffer from the wheel arch corrosion of earlier cars and is a great used car bargain at present.

Submitted: 2011-09-22 | ID: 42695

Steve Allen, Hampshire

Mazda 6 2008

I have one as a company car but it is a dream to drive. My previous company was a BMW 118 with the M3 features. Quite frankly the Mazda is far superior and it’s 0-60 is only .4 of a second slower. I have not really had any issues with it although it’s only got circa 46k on the clock. I am currently clocking up between 2000/2500 miles per month.

It’s really not .4 slower than your BMW 118. It’s a lot quicker - MPS owner from England

With all those M3 bits added, it must be fast - David Sargeant from England

Submitted: 2011-04-19 | ID: 42683

Richard Mills, Durham

Mazda 6 2005

Lovely car to drive when it’s all working properly, but first the bad points: I have had 4 brand new sets of front brake discs, 2 of which were also skimmed, and that is between 35,000 and 67,000, I bought it when it had done 24,000 miles. The main dealer, SG Petch tell me there is nothing wrong with the brakes, wheel, hubs etc, etc and it must be the way I brake!! Been driving 30 years and never had to change more than 1 set of discs in all that time and I keep my cars fro between 3 and 5 years normally. The car judders like hell when I brake except for about the first few months of having the new discs, surely something wrong somewhere either with the Mazda discs or the car. Aircon is broken, apparently the condensor or A/C radiator has a hole in it and will cost £645 to repair, it amazes me how it got damaged in the first place, isn’t it deep in the engine bay somewhere?? I never go in there so can only assume it was damaged during a service or something. Cruise control keeps blowing it’s fuse so cannot use it as it’s also the same fuse for the Brake Lights, so cannot risk that. Had both rear wheel arches done under some warranty/service recall in 2008, when there was no sign of any corrosion, now both are totally corroded under the paint work, bubbled the entire length of both arches. Called the dealer who said there work was only covered for 12 months and so called Mazda UK who kindly informed me that as I missed one service the 12 year anti-perforation warranty will be void. Absolutely disgusting treatment from both dealer and Mazda in my opinion, especially considering it’s had all it’s other services, one last week infact that cost £300 but did they spot the corrosion on their supposed yearly anti perforation check, did they hell!! Dealer and Mazda quick to take the money but customer service is absolutely abyssmal!!! Shocking!!! I have a Mazda 3 also but the recent treatment has put me off ever buying another Mazda...which is a shame because I do enjoy driving it. PS the Bose sound system is excellent, best I have ever had in a car, but hey it’s made by Bose and not Mazda!!

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 42682

Tony, Cardiff

Mazda 6 2004

I experienced the same problem with the clutch and flywheel needing to be replaced as numerous other people; replaced at 50k at a cost of £1,700. Having just replaced the timing belt at 75k, and hoping to get another couple of years out of the car, I just discovered that the intercooler is leaking oil and will apparently cost £700 + VAT to buy another one (not including fitting costs). Wish I’d got rid of the car before the 75k service now.

To anyone who has cracked intercooler, you can source the product at a company called Adrad. They are good, I paid £115 for it and fitted it myself, took around two hours. Up yours, Mazda - Jay downing from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 42680

Dean James, Lancashire

Mazda 6 2006

Same problems as below. We got a Mazda 6 mps 2006 model bought with 44k on the clock, only got 49k now. Have had the car 2 years, wife only uses to go to the tram station (lazy I know), however 2 months ago the clutch and the dual mass flywheel needed replacing, the bill was £2k with a discount the bill came to £1,700. Lovely car to drive however the gearbox is crap!! Wish we had never bought the mazda 6 mps, going to sell it as soon as possible!!

Submitted: 2011-01-17 | ID: 42678

Paul Beaumont, Worcestershire

Mazda 6 2005

What a car!! I bought it 3 years back with 45k, its now at 178k and has been virtually trouble free.

Submitted: 2011-01-04 | ID: 42731

David Woodcock, Dumbartonshire

Mazda 6 2008

Hi, I’ve had a few problems with the Mazda 6; the carpet wears in the drivers side, I’ve had it replaced but its worn away again. I come out in the mornings and the four windows are down, a few times I’ve come out to wet seats. The clutch pedal sometimes sticks half way down. A good spacious car but a few problems although the local dealer can’t find a problem.

Submitted: 2011-01-03 | ID: 42679

Alan, Ireland

Mazda 6 2008

I bought the Mazda new in June 2008. 2.0l turbo diesel. High spec. I find it a fabulous car to drive. It is a big car but handles like a much smaller car. No mechanical problems to date (Nov 2010). Two criticisms. First it is far too easy to select reverse gear instead of first gear. This is potentially very dangerous. Second there is more than enough space for a full size spare wheel but they supplied a can of foam instead! The model I bought does NOT have a DPF I was advised they are more trouble than they are worth. My previous car was a Mazda 323 which I had for 10 years with very few problems.

Your car does have a DPF. I have the same model and they do have one. They were started to be fitted in 2005 I think - Andrew Morris from Newport

Submitted: 2010-11-23 | ID: 42676

Paul, Kent

Mazda 6 2009

I am a 25k miles pa business user and convert from the boring, but trusty, Vectra. The new Insignia could not be leased for the right money with my preference for auto transmission, and other issues like rear passenger space and vision were apparant during a test drive. The Mazda stands out from the crowd visually and has superior passenger room and handling. I thoroughly enjoy how it takes the rough back roads of London as well as how nicely it cruises on the motorway. It is no slouch and on my mixed motoring burning petrol through automatic transmission I still average 38mpg - although weekends on short runs from home this reduces to the expected 28 or so. Fit and finish are fine and even the TS has a good level of kit, but I can see how they can put these cars out around 15% - 20% or so cheaper than a Mondeo, Insignia or Passat - even things I took for granted in my Vectra such as rear wiper operating automatically when selecting reverse, parking lights, interior lights coming on automatically when turning off the engine, washer fluid low warning, a specific bulb failure graphic instead of just a warning lamp on the dash and internal hatchback opening facility are sorely missed. In 2012 I won’t rule out another Mazda, but I’ll still be keeping an eye on the other mainstreamers.

Submitted: 2010-10-28 | ID: 42675

Dave Cooke, Aberdeenshire

Mazda 6 2005

Severe corrosion on back wheel arches. Mazda agree it is a perforation paint problem, but will not repair under warranty as the car did not have its annual paint inspection last year.

Submitted: 2010-10-25 | ID: 42732

Mazda 6 2006

Taken the plunge and bought the mps, great car! Got a decent deal from Mazda Poole. P/x our trusty old Mazda 6 1.8. plus another £1,000 off! Total to pay was £7,500. Oh and we got an extra years warranty, so peace of mind for the next 2 years, how many of you agree on a 1 year warranty or less? Anyway car has done 31000k full history and goes like stink. (can’t wait to wind up all those beamer drivers.) Will submit another post next year. Yes, I’m still grinning!!!

After one year of ownership, I’m very pleased with this car. I have done 10,000 trouble free miles but one of the headlamp washers will need unblocking soon. Shame! 0-60 in 6 and a bit seconds, this car is brill. Very safe car great in the wet, very funny to see most other makes bouncing off the front wheels when pulling away in wet conditions. If that’s the way motorists want to drive then good luck to them. With this car, you put your foot down and bang, you’re off. Running costs are good for a car of this type. It’s worth paying the extra to keep your family safe. Well done Mazda, great car - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2010-10-09 | ID: 42673

Philip Jones, Cheshire

Mazda 6 2004

I’ve had the car from 17K, converted to LPG (50p/l!!) and now it’s done 72K and still going strong. It has been great buy. It fits 2 adults & 3 children plus loads of luggage easily. It starts 1st time at -18C, gives an average 38mpg. Parts needed: front tyres every 25 - 30K, power-steering pipe leak (fixed under warranty), new pads & front discs at 60K, rear anti-roll bar end joint (£50 incl labour at 69K), did have an intermitent clutch judder under low revs and higher loads (45K) but it has eventually gone of its own accord (Please note that the Dealer was of no help - I now find that it is now a known but not a common fault that the dealers are able to easily fix!!). Everything else has worked really well. Better than my previous Audi A4 but although not as solid. I have noticed some minor corosion starting on rear wheel arches (at 60K) but this can be sorted cheaply enough. It handles beautifully with good feedback from both steering & chassis and can be great fun but could do with more power to exploit its potential. Could do with a 6th gear on motorway too as it revs slightly higher than most at 70mph but still cruises OK. The engine is very willing all the way to 7500 revs. Comparatively very poor grip in snowy conditions though! Too light at the front. The boot is bigger than you think and the rear seats are a sinch to put down & up. Still on original exhaust & clutch. I’d definitely buy another one (new shape is What Car? car of the year 2010!) as the new model is even better. Scores: Reliability 9/10; Performance 8/10; Practicality 10/10; Quality 8/10.

Submitted: 2010-09-17 | ID: 42670

Mazda 6 2002

Just had the 80000 mile service done by Mazda Poole and the mot. No problems (again)!! £222 for the lot. This car of ours just goes on and on. A few weeks ago had a rear tyre blow out at 80mph on the motorway. Car ran in a straight line like nothing had happend. Shame about the almost new dunlop, oh well. And the culprit? A small pieace of metal. After 2 years of ownership this car has cost me just £250 in unlucky repairs. Not bad for an 8 year old car.

Submitted: 2010-09-10 | ID: 42671

Mazda 6 2002

Well I’m still having second thoughts on what to buy next. I have just booked our Mazda in for its mot and service at Poole Mazda, also have just taxed it for another year, so perhaps I’m stuck with another trouble free year of driving. Anyone out there who have had trouble with their Mazda 6, have either not looked after it properly or have no idea how to drive and are being too picky. Our car has now covered over 80,000 miles with only minor wear and tear problems. Mazda dealers..... ha ha! you have to be on their level and they WILL like you. I have never had a problem (I once put a deposit on a new mazda, changed my mind and they refunded me straight away) so we’re gonna keep our car ’til the next Mazda 6 turns up. Zoom zoom!!!!!!

Submitted: 2010-08-15 | ID: 42672

Pete, Warwickshire

Mazda 6 2008

Worst car I have ever had. Owned it for 2.5 years and it has had two new turbos, and a new cat. The damn thing never works and I have done 11,000 miles in a courtesy car because of it. Never again Mazda. It looks a pretty car, but it is so expensive to replace parts, and it breaks at the drop of a hat.

You haven’t stated if your car is a diesel or the mps. The diesel models have some serious issues, best steer clear. If it’s the mps it needs to be driven by those that know how! Or you will get problems - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2010-07-23 | ID: 42668

Paul, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2006

Bought the car used in May it has 90k on the clock and was a company car with a full service history. It drives very well and is in good condition inside and out the automatic box is very good and also like the engine . All in all cannot find any faults with the car and it compares favourably with similar cars. I would buy another Mazda without doubt.

Submitted: 2010-07-17 | ID: 42667

Julian Annable, Lancashire

Mazda 6 2004

The leather seats are very comfortable and hold you in position, engine very quiet, great to drive, great sound system, all in all very pleased with it.

Submitted: 2010-06-14 | ID: 42655

Syd Taylor, Staffordshire

Mazda 6 2010

If there was ever any doubt that one could aspire to really enjoyable motoring without going to extremes of elaborate specification, that doubt was dismissed for me by the new Mazda 6, which has been extensively redeveloped. From stylistic enhancements and equipment upgrades to re-tuned engines this car continues and enhances a winning formula. Very competent in everything, it makes fundamental real world sense - being an abundantly easy, reassuring and relaxed car with which to live. The new model builds upon the old models success - and on those grounds alone its case is strong. It would be wrong, however, to look at the Mazda 6 just as a pretty face and a sound car to drive. Although it’s these core values that are likely to inspire you on first acquaintance, it is the 6’s many other talents that make it such a sensible car to consider in its sector. It is, for example, one of the best-built cars from the major manufacturers and what emerges is conscientious engineering in a car with above average performance, handling and comfort - and the average in this highly competitive sector is very high. The job was simple enough. Fly to Inverness, capital of the Highlands, where a 180bhp Diesel Mazda 6 was at my disposal, full of fuel and gleaming sleekly. On the ninety mile route to Loch Torridon I drove along A roads before getting B-side myself on winding minor roads where fast and bumpy bends came thick and fast, culminating in a single track road with airborne sections, leading to the hotel. It was here that I was able to appreciate how the extensive raft of upgrades to the cars steering and suspension had further enhanced its dynamism and athleticism. The Mazda 6 simply feels good to drive after a long day: a good all-round test of a car. Perhaps I should have been surprised that the 180bhp 6 took it all in its stride, but I was not. This Mazda is a brisk car, stable in bends and with a good measure of hill-storming urge between them, thanks to a diesel that delivers solid response from right down in the doldrums of the rev. range. It is uncannily smooth for a diesel and gives a seamless power delivery: all important, because without those virtues no car can be driven quickly for long. The new 6 looks terrific, of course. You can see that. It’s distinguished by the restyled front and rear featuring Mazda’s new family face and striking new taillights. To complement the exterior changes there have been interior changes too, which give a softer and better quality feel and the familiar equipment levels remain - S, TS, TS2 and Sport. There’s a choice of six engines - three petrol and three diesel, with outputs ranging from 120ps to 180ps. and average fuel economy and CO2 have all improved. Prices for the new car start at £16,995 and rise to £23,445. ‘ Is this a Mazda to melt the miles away?’ I asked myself. I had literally taken to the highways and byways and never once felt hot under the collar. A tribute to the totality of a package that anticipates all the niggling vagaries of today’s frustrating roads and does its best to weave its own alchemy and make the very least highly tolerable. In today’s unleaded motoring world this is the nearest one will get within sensible price ranges, to ’golden motoring’. The philosophers stone is to be found in Mazda’s engineering skill and design aplomb.

Blatantly a Mazda Marketing bod. Mazda should be ashamed. So much for Japanese reliability! - Not Amused from Cardiff

Submitted: 2010-05-21 | ID: 42653

Mazda 6 2002

Bought our Mazda 6 saloon (rare model)! in September 2008, from Mazda dealer. Great all round car, but a bit slow on acceleration. Great boot space for saloon can fit large pram and lots of shopping with ease. Plenty of room for rear passengers. Air con fine. Great road handling and good mpg(40). The only minor problem was sticky rear brake caliper, which my mate fixed for £160 inc brake pads. Also have replaced 4 worn tyres and 1 wiper blade, not bad for 20,000 odd miles! car polishes up beautifully and is spotless inside (I have 2 young kids)! pacific blue has got to be the best colour! I am thinking about buying a faster car but just can’t part with this one. we love it! maybe we will part/ex for the mps, Saab 9-5 aero, or a Lexus- but not yet!! GREAT CAR MAZDA 6!!

Submitted: 2010-05-09 | ID: 42652

Andy Smith, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2007

Very nice car to drive, handles very well either belting down the motorway or around country lanes, 147bhp is handled excellently by the automatic gearbox.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-02-22 | ID: 42739

Jack Clarke, Derbyshire

Mazda 6 2007

One of the first of the new Mazda 6’s and both my wife and I loved the car as soon as we saw it. That continued until recently. We were impressed with the drive, economy, styling, comfort and overall feel of this excellent looking car.....and then.....SNOW !!! Yes, it warned us of impending slippery conditions, what it didnt tell us that it simply had no way of combatting them !!! The arse end was all over the place and on the slightest of incline, despite new tyres etc, etc.,it simply could not cope. Others on the hill were up up and away,and here was I, going sideways!! Luckily I guess we don’t regularly have winters and conditions like we have had the last 6 weeks!!!<br /><br />

Do you have the petrol or diesel version? - Allan Jamieson from Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

I don’t know if it is the extreme cold but the hydraulic clutch has been sticking down a lot. The fluid was low when I first got the car about a month ago but I topped it up promptly. Apart from that I have been enjoying how easy to speed-drift in the snow. Where I live we are prone to some quite steep hills and the torque is second to none - Ronald Moore from County Down

Submitted: 2010-02-14 | ID: 42736

Jack Clarke, Derbyshire

Mazda 6 2007

I had a similar experience in the snow and I pride myself of being an experienced winter driver and was mortified to see everything else whizz past me on the hills. Although it is not good in the snow it has provided excellent service to us over the 5 years that we have had it. With all but no money spent on it it is reaching 75k miles and still going well although the clutch is a little weak and the break pads needing the first change - Tony Croslegh from England

Really? Weird! We have had some of the most atrocious weather ever in Northern Ireland, with record low temperatures and at least 10 inches of snow where I live. I looked out during the worst of it at all of the drivers struggling to get out of their driveways, never mind the street. I decided not to bother getting the Mazda out. I had to however when my girlfriends father needed to borrow it after smashing his Insignia into a kerb. I couldn’t have been more surprised at how well the Mazda coped with snow and ice, even on hills (there are quite a few hills around my area). No slipping or sliding and I breeze past motorists that are spinning wildly on hills. Best car I have ever used in the snow. I have a 2008 Mazda sport 2.5 petrol and the low down torque is brilliant. I can scale hills with ease in third. Brilliant car and it inspires confidence in this terrible weather. Most incredible part is I have Sunew YS618 Chinese ditchfinder tyres on it (it came fitted with these second hand) - Warren Armstrong from County Down

Submitted: 2010-02-13 | ID: 42656

Alistair Grant, Hertfordshire

Mazda 6 2007

Despite continual ingress of damp into the headlights I have been told by Mazda that this was quite normal and to keep my headlights on for at least 15 minutes daily! The boot was almost impossible to open as as lifting arms were obviously not strong enough for the weight of the aerofoil on Katano model. I waited some 3 months for Mazda to obtain stronger arms, which I think came from Japan. I find that after you purchase a new Mazda the dealership isn’t really interested in any complaints you have after that time. I find the clutch very fiery. I do not think I shall buy another Mazda.

Submitted: 2010-01-12 | ID: 42666

Ian Lane, Derbyshire

Mazda 6 2002

I cannot fault the Mazda6 (52 plate) apart from the rear wheel arches. I have had them done once under warranty but they are starting to rust again. Also, I have had the alloys replaced under warranty but with a £200 penalty.

Ian, I too have the same problem with rust on the rear arches (common fault) keep the arches well polished and this should stop the rust from getting worse - Rob Hill from Dorset

I too had my rear arches done on my 52 plate at the Salisbury branch in 2006 which are rusting again (late 2009!) and the seams are separating which is why the problems arose on the models in the first place, allowing ingress of mud, water etc. Call Mazda UK and report it as I did. They are supposed to guarantee the work until the warranty is up but then they just throw the old "we haven’t done a body inspection for ages on your car so its invalid" back at you. I won’t be buying another Mazda if this is the attitude! Rust on a modern car like this and then it returns after it has been "Mazda approved paintwork approved"?! Interestingly, the dealer would not tell me which paint shop / approved repairer did the work?! I wonder why that may be... Fed up 52 plate rusty Mazda owner - from

Don’t forget your car is 8 years old rear arches are prone to rust on a lot of cars. I have owned a Jaguar (x300) 1996 model, Vauxhall Cavalier, 1995 model and the old 626 all with the same problem! But I do agree it should not happen to modern cars! - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2009-09-11 | ID: 42659

Wendy Lainton, Staffordshire

Mazda 6 2007

We bought this car from new and after 12 weeks I took it back because the engine dipped at 60mph, was informed by the main dealer nothing was wrong! This car went back several times and again was told nothing wrong!! However in October 08 I was driving home and a great cloud of smoke flew out the exhaust, the engine was reving at 4000 and I had no gears, the DPF had gone on it, went into be mended it had also melted the computer system - over 6k worth of damage. Eventually they said it was covered on the warranty also got told "not another one"!! Mazda knew this was a fault but failed to tell us when buying it, also got told the dipping at 60 was a quirk of the car, I nearly smashed the guys face at the garage having paid 17,500k - was not impressed to hear it was a quirk, the customer service at Mazda is rubbish. I logged a complaint with them every time my car had an issue, this model has been recalled and eventually it will be recalled for the dipping as I know a lot of other people have experienced the same, also the oil level, why is it the only car whose oil level rises surely this is not right?? I will never ever buy another Mazda, which is a shame as the handling on this car is superb. I had to drive other models whilst ours was being fixed and they were big noisy tanks, we are currently looking to get rid of it before the warranty is up...

Same opinion about Mazda’s after sales service. I agree with you. In Malta, it is the same. They blame Mazda Japan. I won’t buy another Mazda next time - Aldo Mamo from Malta

Interesting. I bought my Mazda 2006 and within 4 weeks had DPF problems. The vehicle has died on me several times in the 3rd lane of the motorway, it goes into passive or something, no fun and extremly dangerous. Been back to dealer but now told requires new DPF at £2500. Spoke to Mazda customer services and they do not want to know, even when I pointed out how dangerous it is. There comment is you have to drive it in a certain way which includes driving 30 miles on each trip. Nobody told me this when I bought it. Is this a common fault with Mazda diesels and if so were do I go to report it as Mazda do not wish to know and deny they have a problem. Interesting enough I found a recall in Japan for Mazda, something to do with the DPF!! David Jones - from

Submitted: 2009-09-04 | ID: 42663

William Rafferty, Fife and Kinross Shires

Mazda 6 2004

This car has been nothing but a complete and utter nightmare. Clutch went at 44000 miles and required a new flywheel as well, cost £1200. Speaking to a Mazda technician I was informed that its a common fault on this model!!!! I have a 1997 VW Passat with 118000 miles on the original clutch. I’ve had continuous engine problems as well. Mazda cannot find a fault despite me taking the technician for a run in the car and him experiencing the problem first hand. Have been advised to replace various bits and also told in the same breath that it might not fix the problem???????? Mazda do not want to know. There is talk of a class action ongoing in the States over the dismal performance of the Mazda 6 diesel. I would certainly be willing to join a UK class action. Mazda customer service are worse than useless and will not accept any liability for the faults. I will NEVER buy another Mazda and will not recommend them to anyone. Mazda seem none too concerned. In closing I can only advise avoid this car like the plague.

To be fair I’ve never got more than 50k out of a clutch in any car and my Mazda 6 went at 45k. To get over 100k seems pretty exceptional to me, you must do a lot of motorway driving. - from England

I once owned a Toyota Carina which I traded in after 286,000 miles. The first clutch went on 120,000 miles,(I aquired the car when it had done 94,000) so I managed 166,000 on one clutch! I used this car as a taxi - Rob Hill from Dorset

What? Only 50,000 from a clutch? You obviously do not know how to drive! A clutch should do at least 100,000 miles... - Bob Carless from Aberdeenshire

You are not right about this "clutch common problem". I have 53 reg Mazda 6 2.0D with 131,000 on the clock, no problems so far with clutch - from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 2009-06-29 | ID: 42719

Ivory, London

Mazda 6 2006

Since I bought my 6MPS it has been provided to me as a new car with clutch issues creating the gear shift from 1st, 2nd gear as notchy and the car slips out of 2nd gear intermittently. Performed all scheduled services as per manufacturer warranty and each time I take the car back to the dealership advising the same gear issues, they give me different reasons, charge enormous service fees and tell me all is OK. Car has done 60 000km’s now and just took back to get service done by dealer, again same gear problems, however now the manufacturer warranty is out and only dealer extended warranty available with minimal cost coverage for up to 175,000km’s only or 5 years and I am quoted I need a new gearbox and parts which will cost me &dollar;18500.00 AUS to replace the gearbox. My advise do not buy a Mazda vehicle as the dealership are only making money out of the owner with false advise and when you raise your concerns to fix the bloody thing they hit you with a new gearbox which is not covered by warranty. Mazda does not return calls and don’t care about the consumers.

I’ve had my Mazda 6 MPS from new (Feb 06), I’ve loved every minute of the car, until now. Yes the warranty has run out and funny noises started to come from the engine. A friend who is mechanic looked it over and said the gearbox was breaking up. Took it to Mazda (Shires Taunton, Somerset) and got this response "No sir Mazda gearboxes do not break up, it’s the dual mass flywheel", so I left the car with them. 2 weeks later they rang to say they had replaced the flywheel and as they were doing that they also replaced the clutch! but it hasn’t solved the problem, therefore they will have to take it apart again. 7 weeks later and the gearbox bearings and a cog have been replaced and all is well. Yes the bill came to over 2k, obviously i argued the case and the dealership deducted 20% and Mazda themselves deducted 20% (parts only though), still the final bill was just over 2k. I love this car and have driven 78k miles in it (mainly motorway driving & also a whole year out due to a bad leg injury), do you really think this type of thing should happen? I defiantly don’t! Mazda will not shift and basically told me to go to the press and complain, they really don’t give a sh*t about after-care at all. Although I have loved driving this car, I will definately not buy another Mazda, due to their attitude after warranty. Yes I was unlucky, I must have bought the Friday car! - Andy White from England

The MPS needs to be driven like any other performance car but also it needs plenty of TLC! before stopping after most journeys let the car "cool down", give time for the turbo to cool and the gearbox. Thrashing the hell out of the car all the time will stuff the clutch and box. I have never had a clutch or box go on me because I respect the cars I have owned. You wouldn’t run 10 miles then just plonk yourself on the sofa! you need time to unwind and chill out before swtching off, cars need the same!! - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2009-06-05 | ID: 42716

Jason, Caerphilly

Mazda 6 2008

Rubbish car - had nothing but problems with it: clutch judder in reverse could not get 1st gear when cold and at speed the car used to vibrate through the drivers seat. I took it to two Mazda dealers, one said there was a fault, one said there was not. I had an independent engineer look at it and he agreed there was a fault. Mazda turned there backs on it as it would cost to much money to find the fault. So I went and got the new Mondeo - what a car!!!!!

Which Mondeo have you, petrol or diesel? If it’s the later, then get rid once it nears 80000 miles, or your gonna need around 2k for new injectors! If its the petrol then lot of problems every 20000 miles! F.O.R.D: Found On Rubbish Dump. happy motoring!! - Rob Hill from Dorset

Submitted: 2009-05-22 | ID: 42724

Simon Kerr, Lanarkshire

Mazda 6 2004

Reading the above, my 6 has done 64k and I’ve had since 32k. Other than tyres, pads & discs and a power steering pipe nothing else has been required. Faultless starting at -16, comfortable cruiser at 85mph with cruise control on or off, handles reasonably well for such a lump, and when you hoist up her petticoat she goes like a bat out of hell. 4/5 score as the fuel consumption is a bit on the big side, and £210 per year for Darlings highway robbery/road Tax.

Don’t be complaining about the measly car tax rates you have to pay. In Ireland, for cars older than 2009, it goes by engine capacity and my Mazda 6 1.8 costs €551 per year - Blah blah from Ireland

Submitted: 2009-05-01 | ID: 42726

Hugh Wells, Northamptonshire

Mazda 6 2007

Great car for long journeys. Loads of room - great for holidays. Great value for money. Only had 2 problems with it: seat buckle broke and oil cooler faulty; all under warranty - no fee - yaaa!

Submitted: 2009-03-09 | ID: 42733

Mark Rommell, Cheshire

Mazda 6 2006

Clutch and Fly wheel problems seem to keep cropping up with diesel 2L - my mazda6 is ay 75k and clutch apparently will fail; I experienced same problem on 2L TDi Freelander at 55k miles, cost £800 for a clutch + dual mass flywheel, 2LTDi Mondeo’s - have same problem; There is definitely a common problem - design fault? Poor installation? Never had this problem and expense for a clutch with older cars. What’s the point in doing 50 mpg when eco savings go up in smoke on cost prohibitive modern mechanical failings??

At the time you submitted this Landrover, Mazda and Ford were all part of the same company. Interesting that they all had the same fault eh?! - Fed up 52 plate rusty Mazda 6 owner from Hampshire

Submitted: 2009-02-05 | ID: 42728

John Black, Fife and Kinross Shires

Mazda 6 2008

Got the car late December so early days, and am growing fonder of it as time goes on, but in the first few weeks found the suspension very hard and jittery at slow speeds over poorish surfaces... have since lowered tyre pressures to 2 bar at front and 1.8 bar at rear, great improvement though heaven knows what that will do to tyre life or fuel economy. Likewise find tyre noise to be on loud side (Bridgestone E300s) and not much padding in seats and drivers seat seems set slightly to left of steering wheel centre resulting in some wriggling about to stay comfortable. Seems a lot of moans but they remain minor in relation to overall impressions and its a much pleasanter drive than a Mondeo, which seems like a tank in comparison; though it smooths out the bumps better.

Submitted: 2009-01-28 | ID: 42741

Richard Whincup, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2005

I have owned my 6 diesel sport from new. (now 4 years old) I have to say I have been generally pleased with it. However, I have just had the clutch go at 45,000 miles - this cannot be right! The price of repair is also outrageous - my research shows that this is a common occurance on the 6. I will never own another Mazda.

Submitted: 2009-01-20 | ID: 42730

Geoffrey Aust, Staffordshire

Mazda 6 2008

I liked my old Mazda 6 but this new one is something else! Having plumped for the 2.0 diesel sport variant in shiny black metallic I have been really impressed with the performance and handling from day one. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a test day at Milbrook and drive the Mazda 6 around the alpine circuit under the watchful eye of an instructor. What a superb chassis, it goes round corners like it’s on rails and fills the driver with total confidence. As I drive in excess of 40,000 miles per year and I’m 6’ 2’’ tall I need a car that offers good legroom, a high level of comfort and equipment and the Mazda 6 provides the lot! I used to drive VW Passat’s and really suffered with lower back problems after long journeys but with my Mazda I arrive feeling as fresh as I was when I started out. It’s difficult to fault the car but there is one niggle and that’s the rain sensitive wipers which just cannot detect drizzle. Other than that I cannot heap enough praise on this car - the fuel consumption is good and I achieve around 600 miles on a full tank - and it’s not too bad on the tax either. If you enjoy driving you’ll love the new Mazda 6.

Submitted: 2008-12-08 | ID: 42740

Chris, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Mazda 6 2004

I also have a problem with my clutch / gearbox. A similar problem is reoccurring regularly now where my clutch pedal can be pushed with no real resistance and then bites immediately. Worse still is that on numerous occasions the pedal has actually stuck down when driving and I have had to lift it with my foot. I am due to take the car to an independent garage to see if they can find a fault, but following my last major service I can count on it being expensive due to the cost of Mazda parts. I took it to a Mazda dealer and had an inspection for £50 where they found no faults. Not impressed with their customer service either. The car otherwise is good but would not have another. I just hope the bill isn’t too expensive; especially before Xmas.

I have the same problem with my 6 diesel. Clutch sticks down usually when changing down to 4th gear and I have to pull the pedal up with my foot. What did you find was the fault? - from Hampshire

Submitted: 2008-11-27 | ID: 42705

Paul Young, Stirlingshire

Mazda 6 2008

Like most notes on here I’ve had issues with the clutch. Specifically clutch release bearing which makes a loud rattling noise when engine is heated up and sitting idle out of gear. Not impressed with the main Mazda dealers attitude, was advised it was normal engine noise and that they would require authorisation from Mazda to remove gearbox. Car has done 4k only and I’ve put it back to my lease company who are taking up the problem. VERY disappointed with the economy that car delivers - short of Mazda’s claim of 52 to gallon. Anyone else had same issues???

Submitted: 2008-10-31 | ID: 42704

Conrad Taylor, Yorkshire

Mazda 6 2008

I bought the car from new and, on the whole, it’s amazing. However, there have been a lot of niggles that have detracted from the pleasure of owning an otherwise great car. The main problem has been the gear box/clutch. The worst problem happened after a 200 mile journey (with only 1,000 miles on the clock), when I was leaving a motorway. The car went into first gear, but I found that the biting point had moved to such an extent that releasing the clutch at all resulted in a stall. I was stuck at the end of the slip road for several minutes until the problem seemed to correct itself, and the biting point returned to it’s usual position. This problem has not reoccured, but it can still be reluctant to go in to (or come out of) first gear. The car now only has 3,000 miles on the clock. The best advice from the dealership has been to wait for it to fail completely! I have also noticed today that there seems to be a problem with the automatic headlights, as they have one setting...fully on even in bright sunshine! This wasn’t the situation when I collected the vehicle. I may just be unlucky, but I will be reluctant to buy another Mazda unless all this gets sorted.

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 42708

Shane Andrews, England

Mazda 6 2007

Mazda really do live up to the slogan of ZoomZoom - I’m a proud owner of a twin exhaust 2.0 147BHP petrol TS Estate. This car does not once feel like an estate car and on many occasions I have commented on being in a sporty hatchback. Comfort is superb with great driving positioning and tilt and pull steering action. Height adjustable seats with Lumber support. My only negative is the headrest are only height adjustable and not tilt adjustable to support neck or shoulders on a long journey. Load space and capacity is more than needed with under boot storage compartments great handles to drop seats without huffing and puffing. Excellent leg room and head room in rear for three adults. Specification various through the ranges of S TS TS2 and Sport I opted for the TS as this had everything required from climate control to Sterring mounted controls all round electrics Cruise control. Closing statement. The Mazda 6 Estate is a versatile car more than able to carry the whole family and the Big Dog with great ease. Very Comfortable and great ride. Wind noise is not intrusive neither is road noise. The gear change is easy close but solid. No blind spots like found on many other estates. This car believes it is something smaller than what it actually is with superb road handling the Mazda 6 is not shy to being put through its paces and throwing into corners. You can handle this car with great confidence knowing that the car will not put you in danger.

Submitted: 2008-06-19 | ID: 42735

Lee, Warwickshire

Mazda 6 2006

The car, although reliable has one of the worst gearboxes I have ever experienced, with 40k on the clock it feels like a 1960 car with 100k (it is the 6 speed manual). The dealer tells me it is normal and the gear change is always like that as Mazda have "crushed an extra gear in a 5 speed box". Well, if this is true, they should be ashamed of themselves. The gear change is notchy, clunky in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and I have given up trying to go into 1st unless I am stationary.

Submitted: 2008-05-27 | ID: 42707

David Evans, Ceredigion

Mazda 6 2007

I had a terrible time with my Mazda 6 in 2007, out of the 12 months in the year I was only able to actually drive it for 4 months. It also cost me aver �6,000 in repairs. The clutch and a cracked piston were just 2 of the problems that I faced with the car. I will never buy Mazda again, not only because of the car continually breaking down but also because of the extortionate prices of Mazda parts. My advice would be to avoid any Mazda cars like the plague.

6 grand on repairs? You must be bonkers! You should of cut your losses and traded it in. Also, buying diesel is not always the best option. Ok you might save a fiver each week on fuel, then you shell out more on brakes, tyers ect. diesel cars weigh as much as the titanic- get petrol! - Rob Hill from Dorset

Thanks for the warning, I was just about to purchase a diesel Mazda 6 Estate 07 in Dublin. I may go back to the drawing board... - from Ireland

Submitted: 2008-04-30 | ID: 42709

Lee Rawding, Cheshire

Mazda 6 2008

The following are my first impressions based on around 500 miles of motoring since picking the new girl up yesterday! Although I’ve test driven the diesel for reasons I won’t bore you with I’ve been driving the petrol 2 litre in TS spec for the last fortnight which makes for some interesting comparisons. The handling of the car belies its size and it does indeed feel like a much smaller car to drive enthusiastically. Although the diesel is cracking to drive I’d give the edge to the petrol probably because the heavier diesel donk in the nose does dull responses a touch and also because the 18 inch wheels on my Sport spec diesel make for a little more bump/thump. They also tend to track road imperfections/cat eyes at slower speeds more than the smaller wheels on the TS spec model. The 18" alloys do look superb though’ so it’s question of ’What price fashion?’ Brakes are strong and easy to modulate. The engine on my diesel Sport, at around 140bhp, is respectably swift and settles down to a barely audible hum at cruising speeds. Like all oil burners it can be a touch noisier under heavy acceleration at lower speeds but in general noise and vibration are pretty much absent. The petrol 2 litre was very quiet indeed but less torquey and much thirstier. In a couple of weeks the trip showed an average consumption of 26mpg for the petrol and so far, on a tight new diesel engine, 39mpg. I expect that will improve to at least the mid 40’s with a few miles but I’ll keep you posted. Wind noise is very well controlled and tyre roar is distant but again, more pronounced with 18" Sport wheels than the smaller TS versions. The kit on my Sport spec is exceptional: A Great dual zone climate control system that really does create separate temperature zones for driver and passenger. A very simple voice activated Bluetooth phone system that does what it says on the tin - excellent! A cracking, clear and powerful Bose sound system with 6 CD in dash changer and an aux input for MP3 player. Very bright Xenon headlamps that illuminate the dark bits of corners as you go around them. The beams also seem to move up and down (?) if so sometimes they are a little tardy and either point too far down or too far ahead although I’d appreciate another owners views on this? Heated seats (luvverly), comfy half leather easily adjustable seats and rake/reach steering wheel are also top notch for getting comfortable. Cruise and auto lights/wipers of course although as the car is set up to have day running headlamps and the ’blackout dials’ have to be illuminated to see the figures, an ’off’ setting seems a little superfluous! All in all pleased with this very capable car.

Submitted: 2008-03-03 | ID: 42715

m, Staffordshire

Mazda 6 2003

It was probably the clutch in the first place. It€™s just a money making design. The flywheel and clutch both have to be replaced after 60 odd thousand miles. Dealers charge around 1300 pound to fix.

Submitted: 2008-02-18 | ID: 42714

Ed Stinton, Worcestershire

Mazda 6 2006

Can’ think of anything bad to say about this car! Cheap to buy and run but doesn’t look cheap by any means. Masses of space. Nifty lever to lower rear seats for yet more luggage space (very handy for trips to B&Q) excellent drivers position and extremely comfortable for passenger. Brilliant car and absolute bargain for the money.

Submitted: 2007-11-17 | ID: 42734

Ben Muirhead, Devon

Mazda 6 2007

Really good to drive. Perhaps a little overshadowed by the new Mondeo but a really capable car with refined feel and great stereo. Cheap contract hire deals still available due to strong residuals and good discounts from Mazda dealers now available.

Submitted: 2007-10-22 | ID: 42713

Mark Everon, Ayrshire

Mazda 6 2007

I’ve had this car for 6 months now and it’s been one problem after another, mainly with the gearbox, which was eventually replaced but is having to go in again now because of a problem with the clutch. Have been assured this will be dealt with and I’ve just been very unlucky – has anyone else had the same problems? Seriously thinking of getting rid of this car!!

Submitted: 2007-09-05 | ID: 42712

• A response has been made to Ethel The Aardvark (01/12/2014 15:07:44)
  • A response has been made to Tim (12/12/2012 21:39:45)

• "Does a 2004 Mazda 6 TS2 has a diesel particulate filter (pdf)? I have been having a problem of rising oil level due to it mixing with diesel. If it h..." (Bright Mutandwa, 28/09/2016 09:43:00)
  • "Not sure I have the right model, here it's a Mazda6 Touring (United States). Neither of my keys will open or lock the doors, only the FOB will. Whe..." (Deborah Chipman, 19/05/2015 19:57:49)
  • "I took my Mazda 6 1.8 TS in for a full service and MOT on 24th December. The garage rang me within 30 minutes to say they couldn’t do the MOT as the ..." (Dan, 31/12/2013 12:46:40)
  • "When I start my Mazda 6 gh model I find that it`s okay in idle, but if I put it in D range and hold the brake the engine will start jumping and the b..." (Sachin G, 29/08/2013 14:27:24)
  • "My Mazda 6 is buning oil. Sometimes it drives like a dream but other times I can`t get it to accelerate. I get an eggy smell from the engine or the c..." (Gorodn Luby, 25/07/2013 10:15:37)

• Philip Hancock's question has been answered: "How much petrol? If only a small amount dont worry! Most diesels will be able to cope, you can run it on veggy oil!! Your car will be fine, might be w - Rob Hill from Dorset' '..." (12/11/2012 16:40:54)
  • Jim McColm's question has been answered: "The hand book warns to let the turbo cool down after driving up hill or long periods of fast driving before switching off the engine - Rob Hill from Dorset' '..." (23/10/2012 12:06:29)

Mazda 6 2.2 SKYACTIV-D 150PS SE-L Nav road test report

The new generation Mazda6 is the second model to benefit from the Japanese carmaker’s wide-ranging, weight-saving, fuel-sipping SKYACTIV technology following the 2012 launch of the CX-5 crossover. There’s much more at stake for Mazda this time around however with the 6 a bedrock of the range, so swi [...]

Mazda 6 2.2 SKYACTIV-D 150PS SE-L Nav road test report

Mazda 6 2010 road test report

Mazda has updated its sleek 6 range of family hatches and estates, not that you can tell at a glance from the outside. The big changes are under the bonnet, where most of the engines are more frugal and cleaner. This is just what’s needed with the changes to road tax and company drivers will be plea [...]

Mazda 6 2010 road test report

Mazda 6 2.0 diesel TS2 road test report

The Mazda 6 is a competent performer that handles well. Quality interior and solid feel further add to give the newer model a more substantial feel. Auto-dimming rear view mirror fitted as standard is a real bonus. A strong contract hire and PCP contender.Thanks to RRG Mazda who provided the Mazda 6 [...]

Mazda 6 2.0 diesel TS2 road test report