Peugeot 307 consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 307 consumer reviews by year of make: 2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010

Peugeot 307 consumer car reviews

john jordan, Essex

Peugeot 307 307 COUPE CABRIOLET 2005 - 2008

Hi, I had a problem that when I switched the lights on the rear near side along with the number plate light did not work. I called out an auto leki, he disconnected the battery, re-connected after a couple of minutes and it rebooted itself. Cost me £40 for something as stupid as that. So don`t go thinking it`s a fuse gone or a broken wire.

Submitted: 2015-04-01 | ID: 114166

Toni Bedford, South Yorkshire

Peugeot 307 307 COUPE CABRIOLET 2005 - 2008

Purchased the Peugeot 307 Coupe Cabriolet HDI Sport 2d last year for the wife. To be fair the car had plenty of extras (leather interior, cruise control, air con, CD etc) and was very stylish and nice to look at. The boot is impressive in size and when the roof is down it's still reasonable. BUT THAT'S THE ONLY POSITIVES about this car. We had nothing but problems with this vehicle. There were problems with the airbag light being constantly on! The drivers window did not retract sufficiently to open the door and everytime you opened it the top of the glass window 'catches' on the rubber seal around the room causing it to erode. Another fault that developed was the drivers electric window once opened went back up at a snails pace. More issues with all the windows not closing automatically once the roof was closed. Had to take the car into the Peugeot dealership as on closing the roof the boot raised up ready for the roof to fold back and it just stayed stuck up and wouldn't budge. An error message popped up "roof malfunction" if the problem persists seek attention. As the heavens had opened up I had to drive the car to the nearest Peugeot dealership which was through the local town center with the roof half up/half down with people looking and laughing! I felt like a right knob to say the least!!!!!! The visibility is very poor. On the car there were reversing censors fitted which was a good job as the wide pillars simply block your vision. The dynamics of the car had not been thought through by Peugeot. When it rains and you open the door, water 'puthers' over the front seats/into the car. The cabin trim is very poor. A piece of trim came loose and dropped off under the dash board on the passengers side. This caused a wire to dangle down. The ESP functioning fault kept flashing. The car due to being quite heavy isn't great on miles per gallon either. This has got to be one of worst cars I have had the misfortune to purchase. I wouldn't advise my arch enemy to purchase a Peugeot 307 cc. Go for a VW or Audi they may be more expensive initially but in my experience so much more reliable.

Submitted: 2014-05-31 | ID: 96584

Kim Horsnell, Australia

Peugeot 307 2007

We have just traded our 307 (purchased 11/2007) on a demo 508. The 307 gave us trouble free motoring. It was mainly a city car (Adelaide) and over the last 3 years averaged less than 10L/100km (or just better than 30 mpg). Handled well in the hills. Main gripe was having to spend AUD $1,200 (about GBP650) 12 months ago for timing belt change, as well as water pump and major service. Also 4 speed auto gearbox was a couple of speeds short. The HDI model had 6 speed auto, but we were advised that unless we were going to do lots of miles, the petrol would be more suited. This from the dealer. I’m in the local French Car Club, but the only member with a 508. Our club has lots of 404’s and a couple of 406’s. This Pug was extremely comfortable, my wife loved it but I wanted the 508. Not many around in our city - seem to be lots more 308/307’s. Would recommend - maybe we were lucky but after a manual 406 did not want to go for another make.

Submitted: 2014-02-10 | ID: 45114

Lawrence West, England

Peugeot 307 2004

Bought the car for £1500, not bad I thought. I covered 6000 miles, then, the inlet manifold had a hole burned through it due to a leak around the injectors. A new manifold and one injector cost £880, then the brakes went down, so back up to the garage! Next the particle filter needed replacing. I was quoted £500 - no thanks! So the mechanic cleaned it out, replaced the 3 injectors and the non return (rubber bulb pump) and filled the tank that holds the (special) fluid that drips in to the tank every time you put the nozzle of the diesel pump in it at a cost of £1100, so now I am praying that this car lasts for the next decade to pay me back. Do I recommend this car? Not unless you on mind bending substances! In 30 years of motoring this is the worst car by miles.

I agree 100% with this review. I bought mine for £2300 in February 2012 and so far I’ve spent about £3500 just keeping it on the road. It is, by far, the worst car on the planet. I can’t ditch it and get a new one as I’ve spent all my savings keeping this one on the road. Within weeks the DPF blocked up and the Eolys fluid needed topping up (£600!). Then the rear wiper went floppy and needed replacing. It eats lightbulbs like there’s no tomorrow. The central locking likes to play games with me and opens all doors except the passenger door (sometimes) and you have to press the lock button on the plip key with the drivers door open to force it to lock/unlock. And only then will the passenger door unlock. Sometimes it works ok. It also goes through wheel bearings and steering rods more often than it should. Latest annoying problem that no garage seems able to fix, is a chronic turbo lag. £1,500 in ’diagnostics’ and I’m still no nearer getting it working. It drives well if I disconnect the MAF sensor, yet the MAF isn’t the problem. Apparently. All in all, although a lovely car inside and to drive when it’s not playing up, I would never recommend that anyone buys one of these second hand. You’ll spend all your time taking it to the garage and all of your money getting it fixed! - Donna Jones from Dorset

Submitted: 2013-07-21 | ID: 45198

Kenny Fraser, Northamptonshire

Peugeot 307 2002

The 307 Peugeot was bought because the Focus 1.8 I had was a bit greedy on petrol, and the Peugeot is miles better being diesel. For its age this car is amazingly cheap to run, it’s tax band E, and insurance group 6, and pretty comfortable doing long journeys; I have done Aberdeen and back a couple of times in it. This is the 90 bhp model, however, so it’s not the fastest vehicle on the planet as the body is quite heavy, but it will cruise at reasonable speed and it’s not exactly a snail either, though I find I do have to use the gearbox to get the best from it, although that is no real chore as its not a bad gearbox. On the debit side, however, the fit and finish while reasonable is nothing to write home about and inferior to the Ford’s, although later Peugeots have improved and the electrics can have funny turns in very cold weather. In fairness though the car has never let me down, even starting first time with temps at -8c. I would say that a well maintained 5 door model would be the one to go for, you will find that you have comfortable, decent handling, relaxing to drive car with cheap running costs, which is good for the kind of second-hand prices these go for.

Submitted: 2013-04-28 | ID: 45113

Sheila Linton, United Arab Emirates

Peugeot 307 2004

I suppose you only find yourself on these pages when something goes wrong! And that accounts for the bad press on here. I’ve had my 307cc for nearly four years and I have only ever had to replace the tyres and pay for 100k service.... until today. The roof won’t open and I’m on here looking for answers, but in the meantime I’m reading all the low-star negative remarks. It’s a fantastic car, the AC copes very well with the heat in the UAE and it’s very economical. The petrol here is only 22p per litre! so I wouldn’t worry about the cost anyway, but the convenience of not having to refuel every day or two helps. Love posing in it and would definitely buy another one.

Submitted: 2013-04-28 | ID: 45162

John, England

Peugeot 307 2006

This is the best car I have had. The 307CC se diesel goes like a sports car, pickup is fast, it’s good on diesel and looks good. I had a BMW 3 before this car and a BMW 1 series the last car before, which was a 2ltr and a very hard ride. The 307CC has a  big boot, larger cock pit and looks good, and if it snows the front wheel drive on the Peugeot is better than the rear wheel drive of the BMW.

Submitted: 2012-12-02 | ID: 45167

Ian Spink, Norway

Peugeot 307 2004

I give it two stars as some parts are of such poor quality. The front seats ’collapsed’ so that the heating elements were destroyed (and I weigh only 82 kg.) The front bodywork fell apart when I came upon snow in the road, 4- 6 inches deep. The clutch failed, without warning, at 115,000 km, while I was on the motorway: Suddenly, as I went to leave the motorway I could not get any gear at all, I had to double de-clutch all the way to the garage! Fuel economy is not bad, but it takes real effort to drive economically. Light bulbs need frequent replacement. It does have some good aspects: It is fairly spacious considering it is not a large vehicle. Can have 7 seats. Rear seats can be removed, very simply, in seconds. Good all-round visibility. I would not buy same car again.

Submitted: 2012-04-30 | ID: 45194

Chris Barrett, Kent

Peugeot 307 2004

Only positive thing, cheap insurance for a sporty looking car. To many negatives to list. Do yourself a favour, and avoid. Buy cheap, buy twice!!

Submitted: 2012-04-16 | ID: 45104

Richard Fenn, Norfolk

Peugeot 307 2006

I have done 60000 miles with no trouble. The mpg is good as is the engine. A really good buy. I’d have another one.

Submitted: 2012-03-20 | ID: 45197

Brendan Gallagher, County Londonderry

Peugeot 307 2003

Never, ever, ever again will I buy a Peugeot. The anti-pollution light is driving me crazy and the engine management light comes and goes on and off beep, beep, beep! This car is the worst car I have had in my 36 years of driving. The Morris 1100 that I passed my test in back in 1976 was by far more reliable than this piece of complete junk. Oh sorry, the seats are comfortable in the Peugeot 307 SW, but that’s it. I wouldn’t even rate this car, and if I was forced to, then I’d give it minus 10 stars. I see, this site requires a star rating. Why do you not have a zero? Shame on you forcing people to give ratings to junk, tut tut!

Submitted: 2012-03-20 | ID: 45196

Mark Whitham, England

Peugeot 307 2007

Overall this car is rubbish. I had a Chrysler Voyager, but although fantastic it was too thirsty. This is about the only 7 seater estate (can’t stretch to an E class) and I bought it hoping it would be economical. On the up side it goes like brown stuff off a stick, especially in 3rd and motorway acceleration in 5th and 6th is very surprising, it pulls really well. Looks good too, but that’s it. On the down side I did my research; these cars are renowned for the clutch and flywheel going so I hoped for best. However, the clutch and flywheel went at 80000 at a cost of £700. Also bulbs blow regularly (renowned for this too) and the fuel economy is pretty rubbish at an average of 42mpg, with mostly motorway driving to work. The Air con broke down after 1000 miles and I have not even bothered getting a quote as the Peugeot main dealer wants £79 just to diagnose, so we sweated all last summer. Today the exhaust depollution warning light has come on and it’s limped home. Peugeot dealers are expensive and frankly thieves. The crappiest car ever, I will never have another Peugeot. I’m selling it and buying that Merc! Buy cheap, buy twice - so true.

Submitted: 2012-02-17 | ID: 45195

Jonathan Hart, Suffolk

Peugeot 307 2002

For me this car is great, I have had no problems other than normal wear and tear. I would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2012-02-13 | ID: 45112

Dave Tye, Worcestershire

Peugeot 307 2004

I’ve Only had my 307cc for two months now, but I love it!! I have the Ecosse Peugeot body kit on it and a fancy air filter. I am able to get 37.7MPG on the motorway doing 70MPH and average 34.8MPG around the town and lanes where I live. It is comfortable and stylish and I love it!!

Submitted: 2011-12-19 | ID: 45163

Diane Keeling, Essex

Peugeot 307 2007

A lovely car, I wouldn’t be without it. I mainly do short journeys, but fortnightly I take it for a run and it goes like a rocket! It looks good an is lovely to drive; I’ve had mine now for 3 years love it to bits. £40 in fuel lasts me a complete month with a little left over, thats on short and long journeys and I’ve never had to put any more in. I have only ever had to refuel on a 200 mile journey, when I had to refuel on the return trip. I would not part with mine.

Submitted: 2011-09-26 | ID: 45166

Mike Bowes, England

Peugeot 307 2004

Since buying this car it’s cost a fortune in fuel, I pay £70 per week to get to work, fuel consumption is terrible at 325 miles on a full tank and I get about 25 to the gallon if I’m lucky. It has no power for a 2ltr and struggles to pull away at the lights. It constantly runs at high revs. I had a Jaguar v6 and that was a lot better on fuel. The anti pollution light has been on since buying and the dealer has had it back twice to fix it, but in the end we didn’t bother as he couldn’t be trusted, so now the anti-pollution light is constantly on, could the fault be causing fuel usage to be so bad? The paint is also peeling. I’m getting a service next month but unsure about the final cost. I’ll probably get it fixed and get shut.

I bought a 307cc with the anti-pollution warning light dimmed down so I couldn’t see it initially. After using higher octane fuel and giving the car a really good wash (by hand) the light has gone out. It reappears sometimes when the car gets dirty and goes away again after it’s been washed. There must be a sensor on the outside of the car somewhere that needs to be kept clean. The higher octane fuel seems far more economical also. Hope this helps - Car Owner from New Zealand

Submitted: 2011-09-11 | ID: 45164

Fiona Leonard, Northern Ireland

Peugeot 307 2007

As I am a driving instructor I wanted a solid, reliable, cheap to run and comfortable car. I had previously had a 206 1.4 HDi which was a fantastic little car, clocked up 160k on the clock and required little attention. The 307 is another fantastic car, as it stands today 20/08/11 there is 136,561 miles on the clock and it’s still as tight as a bolt. The only complaint I have is the dual mass clutch; they only last 30k, but I am gratefull because another driving instructor I know needs a new clutch in his Mark 6 Golf TDi every 18k, as do the Leon’s! I paid £17k for my 307, with that there was full leather interior, 4 electric windows, cd changer, climate control, electric folding mirrors, cruise control and speed limiter etc. I am now in a position where I want a new car, but to get one to the same spec as my 307 it would take £24k. I think I’ll stick to my 307! I go through £40 of diesel per day, and I do that 6 days a week for the past 4 years, that’s a hell of a lot of driving and it never stops going at all. Highly recommended!

Hi, I am considering this car and only have an average mileage of under £12K annual. I have heard that stop/start motoring (school runs mainly plus few extra 30 mile round trips weekly) can cause problems with particulate filters. Any feedback welcome on this model? - Jo Thompson from Oxfordshire

Hi Joe, I have had the Anti Pollution light appear on my car on a few occasions but nothing has ever happened in terms of the engine stopping on me. I am a driving instructor and the car never leaves the town unless I am driving home which takes about 15 minutes on a dual carriageway so I’m assuming that’s what cleans out the FAP filter. But I definitely recommend these cars, mine is a 2007 1.6 HDi 110 Sport and the equipment level is superb as is the running costs. I looked at a few cars to replace the 307 but cannot find one which I’d be prepared to the the 307 up for, it’s that good! Currently got 150,000 miles and it’s going great. Hope that helps - from Northern Ireland

Submitted: 2011-08-30 | ID: 45109

Tanya Johnson, England

Peugeot 307 2008

This car does not even deserve 1 star!!!! I have been a rep for years and have run diesels up to 150,000 miles with no problems. I brought this car from a local dealer and it has caused me nothing but issues and money. Like one of the previous reviews my car completely lost power just as I was joining the M25 and refused to come back to life. The garage had it for over a week and I was just fed stories about ’forced regenerations’ and ’changing the glow plugs’, which I am now led to believe wouldn’t cause an issue like that in this country. The anti-polloution light comes on at random, but eventually it won’t go away, which most likely means you will need your Particle Filter changed at a cost of £600.00, but not before topping it up with diesel additive at £160.00 and if you are really unlucky you will need a new tank as the sensor in the additive tank gets stuck at the bottom so will cost you another £280.00. The latest issue I am faced with after just recently dealing with these issues is the EGR valve needs to replaced at a cost of £500.00. I will never buy a Peugeot again. I have only had the car 6 months, it has done 81,000 when I got it which I do not believe is a lot for a diesel and it should not be costing this much. All this for the sake of cutting emmisions?! This is the worse designed car I have ever had. I wish I had got a Ford.

I think you have either bought a spud or your garage are having your pants down. None of the problems you stated are common to 307’s, instead of blaming Peugeot maybe you should be blaming yourself for buying a spud or being nieve in the face of mechanics - Jeremy Hunts from England

Contrary to what has been said it is not safe to say that any given problem is not 'common to 307's' since it is a Peugeot and by definition most problems that can occur with a motor car will occur given enough examples of this half baked vehicle on the road. There is an element of luck involved with buying a Peugeot, or indeed a Citroen or Renault- there are good ones and bad ones, and it has to be said that a few are bad straight from the factory. The whole concept of an engine management system and peripheral systems interface based on digital processing causes massive problems if the algorithms can't be relied on due to badly thought out programming, or the wiring loom chafes, or the processes get corrupted by a trivial operation like disconnecting the battery without following a dubious 10 stage reprogramming procedure. Specifically on Peugeots there are very many of these problems occurring, and fault tracing is very difficult since incorrect or spurious fault codes can be generated by the on-board systems, and certain failures will not reliably trigger the correct fault code. In bad cases you would have more luck interrogating the fault diagnostics using a Ouija board. I don't believe you were excessively naive in getting this car. Just bad luck. - d philpott from Essex

Submitted: 2011-08-14 | ID: 45105

Andrew, Perthshire

Peugeot 307 2010

I’ve had the car just over a year and covered approx 25,000 miles, in which time we have had the worst winter for years. The car had no issues, starting and running at -20 for a prolonged period. It’s comfortable, easy and a pleasure to drive. With the 2.0L engine this car combines the ability to be an easy going car to one that can really move and take the corners under "spirited" driving conditions! It’s well equipped with cruise control/speed limiter, 5 disc changer, auto-dimming rear view mirror, auto lights, auto wipers, follow me home lights, electric folding mirrors, dual zone climate control, leather seats and the list goes on!! I fully intend to replace the 307 with a 308 when the time comes, I love this car!

Submitted: 2011-08-03 | ID: 45107

Iain Williams, England

Peugeot 307 2004

I went for a Peugeot diesel specifically because Peugeot were well known for building pretty bulletproof engines, but the 307 is a complete dog. In 18 months I have had to have a new flywheel, new clutch and new clutch release bearing, all at a cost of £900. There is a very annoying anti-pollution warning that comes on at random and limits the car to 2500RPM and nobody, even Peugeot can resolve it. The electrics are terrible. Things come on and off at random as if possessed by demons! The display for the clock/radio fades when it’s sunny and the wipers often get stuck in an upright condition and can only be moved by either disconnecting the battery or main fuse. Peugeot invented a rather silly economy mode that I guess is supposed to preserve the life of the battery. If you sit in the car for 10 minutes ’Economy Mode Activated’ flashes on the display (if it’s not sunny and you can read it) and turns off all electrical systems. Including the hazard lights as I found out on Saturday when I was broke down on the side of the A380 because the turbo decided to implode and squirt sump oil into the combustion chamber of the engine. Needless to say I am rather unhappy with the 307 and will be holding a sacrificial burning ceremony at the weekend to finish it off once and for all.

Submitted: 2011-07-26 | ID: 45108

Fehmi Ilijazi, Albania

Peugeot 307 2007

The Peugeot 307 is a great car with enough space for 5 persons and the car doesn’t have any problems. I recommend for anyone to buy it, but I prefer the HDi becuse the 1.4 petrol engine drinks too much petrol, spend around 9 litre/100 km in city.

Are you crazy or what? How can it consume 9l/100km and it has only a 1.4 Diesel motor? Max it could go to 6 and 6.5. Go home, you are drunk - Adi A from Albania

Submitted: 2011-05-29 | ID: 45098

Thomas G, County Armagh

Peugeot 307 2002

Bought my 307 in June 2002 after the engine in my 99 Focus TDDi blew up. I was going to sell the car in January 2007 for a new car but ended up keeping it and buying a new 308 2.0 HDi 140 . To this day I still have the 307 with 189,000 Miles on it and it is still tight as the day I got her. In its earlier days I had a few minor electrical problems such as the electic boot release and the horn playing up. Mechanically the car is bomb proof. I rarely drive the 308 because my wife uses it alot, but she loves it too. Overall a good sturdy, reliabily nice driving motor.

Submitted: 2011-05-03 | ID: 45100

Peugeot 307 205

Well Jeremy Clarkson got it absolutely right, the 307cc is a pile of c**p!! Read his article 2003 in the Sunday Times, wish I had!

My car dates from 2006 and it ran around 90,000 km. I just can’t stop loving it, it’s amazing, a cool drive, aside from the annoying Peugeot gear transition thing they are famous for, but I got used to that as I had driven many Peugeots. It also has enough space for bags and also for adults who want to share the ride in the rear seats - from Oman

Submitted: 2011-04-25 | ID: 45150

Paul Johnson, Oxfordshire

Peugeot 307 2005

Absolute c**p, the most unreliable and expensive car I have ever had. Buy one and you need to be committed!!!! You have been warned.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-04-19 | ID: 45101

Joel Dobie, Hampshire

Peugeot 307 2005

Bought this car of a neighbour who was going to scrap it, clutch had gone. Luckily my dad is a mechanic, he had the clutch changed quickly, he said the release bearing had blown up and it looked like it had been made out of a coke can and it was a terrible design. Cuts out going through puddles, the door leaks, water drips on your head, the list goes on. Electrics are c**p, my dad says buy Ford, he has no problems.

Submitted: 2011-02-27 | ID: 45102

Derek Oram, Caerphilly

Peugeot 307 2007

Very pleased with this car, drove to Blackpool and was suprisingly very comfortable.

Submitted: 2011-02-06 | ID: 45149

Adrian Hopkins, Carmarthenshire

Peugeot 307 2004

All in all a good car with a good fuel consumption if you drive tidy. I’ve had the car for three yrs with no probs and it will keep up with the other diesel cars if not pass them on the motorway. All you have to do is regularly service. Peugeot, the drive of your life........<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-17 | ID: 45103

Shaun Callaghan, Lancashire

Peugeot 307 2007

Got this car from new on motability for my wife. We decided on this car because at the time my wife could drive and it had enough room for 3 kids in the back but 3yrs down the line kids have grown so need bigger car now. Had trouble with the radio/cd system cds kept jamming inside and radio wouldn’t pick up the stations properly took it back to dealers and they said it needed a new program, which was done and hey presto an hour after leaving the dealers it went back to jamming cds. So when it was due for its sevice I mentioned the cds again and they said it needed a new cd/ radio which was replaced. And guess what this new one has the same problems. Also got a squeaking noise everytime I turn left but they can’t find a fault with it, been back 2 times but they reckon I needed new tyres on the front but that has not fixed it either. Overall as a car for driving it has been a good vehicle but not great on fuel around town but pretty good on motorways, getting a diesel next an mpv.

Submitted: 2010-12-20 | ID: 45091

Frank Tenxxx, Lebanon

Peugeot 307 2003

This my second SW (Peugeot 307 SW - 1.6 Petrol. Automatic 2003), my first was a Mitsubishi. Bought it second hand for 6000 US$. My family loved the glass roof, the comfortable seats and the versatility, So far so good, because at 110,000 Kms, (August, 2010) the car’s had no faults at all except the airbag light is always on at the dashboard. Fun to drive, flexible torque engine. Fantastic on fuel. Handles well enough. I have changed the brake disks and pads and the engine’s timing belt for security reasons and the car now is used as a Taxi. After 2900 Kms in 5 weeks of work there is no faults at all. Fuel consumption is around 175 Kms per 20 liters (City and mountain roads with 5 passengers ) ... overall. If the car is driven moderately and with care I think will live for another 200,000 Kms without any mechanical problems.

Submitted: 2010-11-28 | ID: 45193

Shereif Maged, Egypt

Peugeot 307 2006

I have Peugeot 307 SW 2006 model, for about 3 years now, it is the seventh car I have owned so far, I like the options the car has and the wide glass roof is very nice the handling and power are all above average rating for me. The problem with the car is it’s low reliability and need for frequent repair for parts that should fall apart so soon. My car has been running for 85000km, I had many things changed that I never changed before in other cars like fuel pump, gear box suspension, now it needs new power steering pump. The cost of spare parts are considered high for this car category so I am thinking of replacing it with a Honda or Toyota for better reliability and driving experience.

Hello, can you tell me your phone number? I want to call you about 307 SW. Regards - Tarek Mansour 01624 35435 - from

Hi, first examined the status of battery can be discharged. If battery voltage is below 10.5 volts, it will not start the engine - Radoslav Anastasov from Bulgaria

Submitted: 2010-11-23 | ID: 45190

Kevin ORourke, Ireland

Peugeot 307 2007

Peugeot 307 1.4 petrol 2007 I bought from main dealer in Galway, and like all dealers, the aftersales is rubbish. The car itself is a good motor, which I mind and service at regular times myself and now with over 100,000km on the clock I am well pleased with this car. Would like the hand book to explain more about servicing the car and any tips on maintance would be welcome from Peugeot.

Submitted: 2010-10-19 | ID: 45093

Philip Collins, England

Peugeot 307 2007

I bought this car in December 2008 as an ex-lease with 27k on the clock as I needed a new car quick. This car was 1 year old and £10,000 cheaper than when new. Bargain I thought!! and so far I have been right (currently 50k miles). I have had no problems with this car, I drive it daily up and down the motorway and it never skips a beat, the only issue I have had is that when one of the rear bulbs goes it seems to knock about 3 more out with it!! Other than that the car is good, the engine seems strong and I drive my cars hard! In the past I have killed Fords and a Vauxhall due to my driving style but 2 years on this one and it is still going strong. So the car is good but as for the dealers... they are some of the worst I have come across. I work in the motor trade and was frankly shocked when I took my car in there for a recall on the lights, they could not get their computer to work with the car and then tried blaming me for doing something to the car. Once they got it working one of the tech’s sat in my car with his foot buried to the floor with the engine revving its little heart out, they said they were de-stressing it?!?!? The service advisors were rude and I hear cleaner language from the blokes down the pub on a Saturday night than I did from them! Then it came to service time, I phoned and asked for a quote, got told a price before he even asked what car I had then would not tell me what was involved and said "Do you want to book in or not?" So I went elsewhere, to a local garage who were more than polite, used all genuine parts, explained everything that they did to the car. So overall the car has been great and puts up with all of the abuse I give it but stay well clear of the dealers!!

Submitted: 2010-09-30 | ID: 45092

Anonis, Greece

Peugeot 307 2002

Hi I would like to say my opinion about my 307 1600cc 110hp. Very good car. I have this car 8 years. I am very haappy and for right now I do not want to sell it. When new it had some small problems but the Peugoet company fix them with no argument. My opinion? If you find this car buy it.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-09-19 | ID: 45096

Martin Hall, England

Peugeot 307 2004

I have had my Peugeot 307 CC for a month now and am really happy with it. I have just come back from a caravan holiday with friends and now want to buy a caravan myself. Has anyone ever pulled a caravan with their 307 CC petrol automatic and if so do you know the maximum weight you can pull? I am getting so many conflicting figures from caravan sales people.

Submitted: 2010-08-31 | ID: 45161

Hani Ramzy, Egypt

Peugeot 307 2007

The car is a very comfortable ’til you start to have problems with it, I bought my car on June 2007, I had problems (Which the agency said it is common in the model) , first the control unit, second the wheels lock key, third the starter, fourth the aircondition coil(extremly expensive) and I have a running problem which is when the temprature exceeds 90c the gearbox malfunction and it starts to jump on the first gear. Despite the comfort of sitting in a 307 SW , the price you pay for mechanical problems is much higher. I do not recommend it for anyone.

Submitted: 2010-08-15 | ID: 45189

Les Doug, Lancashire

Peugeot 307 2003

From 1800 miles back in 2003 this Pud has spent a total of 147 days with a main dealer who till cannot find why this car has been in limp mode for 70% of its existence. Is it the car or the mechanics?!

My Peugeot has been in limp mode for 14 months with the dpf sign on the dash board, abs, esp, so many electrical problems. I have spent £500, replaced egr valves, removed dpf and cleaned it up and it`s got worse. I can`t even use it. It started smoking like mad and is the worse car I ever had. I will never buy Peugeot again, - keep away – Alex Begg from London

Submitted: 2010-08-11 | ID: 45094

John Fordyce, Essex

Peugeot 307 2004

Bought this car even after reading some bad reviews, looked so nice so thought I would give it a chance, had it a year now with no problems whatsoever, lets hope it stays that way. Great to drive with the roof down and looks good also. The auto box with the tiptronic controls is awesome, meaning an auto box that can turn to a manual at the push of the shift stick, so the best of both worlds. Not the fastest car in the world, more of a cruiser. Dark blue is one of the best colours for this car and the full black leather is luverlee.....maybe just got lucky with this car. Good luck to all you out there with troubles. P.S. The last car I had was a Ford Puma, had it for nine years and all that went wrong was the clutch, but then that’s standard anyway, guess it’s me that’s lucky then...now where is my lottery ticket?

Submitted: 2010-08-06 | ID: 45160

James MacPherson, Berkshire

Peugeot 307 2005

I was just about to buy one of these and I paid good money to have the AA loook at the car and there was a lot wrong with it. I will stick to Mazda’s and VW, they cost more but are reliable.

Submitted: 2010-07-26 | ID: 45155

Natasha Marl, England

Peugeot 307 2005

I’ve just gone for my MOT and the esp/abs light is on. I’ve been told I need a new ESP module at a cost of £1,900. I haven’t got this amount of money and the car is now useless. Peugeot couldn’t care less as the car is only a 55 plate. Anyone else had similar problems? I would never buy a Peugeot again, be warned.

Hi, I have just bought a 55 reg 307cc 4 days ago from a garage. abs and eps/asr lights come on after driving for about 10 mins. I took it back to garage who said they could not find anything wrong with it!! I drove it back home tonight and the lights still come on! After reading differant forums I am really worried at the differant things that could be wrong with it and the horrendous cost! Help, I feel I want to tell garage I want my money back, would I be within my rights? - Sharon Marsh from Wiltshire

You can fit a modification to the brake pedal switch/wiring (about £29 from main dealer) - Steve Elliott from Derbyshire

I had the ESP/ASR not functioning fault, and mine turned out to be a faulty brake switch. I got one for £9 from my local Peugeot Dealer, which was a lot better than the £27 on eBay! 10 minutes to change it, problem solved - Andrea McMillan from Sussex

Submitted: 2010-07-26 | ID: 45156

Valerie Jones, Lancashire

Peugeot 307 2010

Bought in March 2010, so far spent £800 to fix heater box and air con. Aircon only works if I switch on and leave on. If I switch it off it wont work until the next morning when the car engine is cold. How weird is that. Oil leak yet to find out from where. Roof rattles like mad and keeps unscrewing the hinge bolts. Lots of banging around the rear of the car on the slightest of bumps in the road. Peugeot want at least £400 to diagnose these faults I dread to think what price the actual repairs will cost. Love the look. Hate the car. Won’t buy another peugeot ever again. This one will be for sale soon.

Bought my 207 CC in September on a 07 plate, very smart, all leather interior top of the range. I loved it! Four weeks later - oil warning light comes on - almost completely out of oil. Eventually it ended up back in the garage for 7 weeks whilst they diagnosed the fault and fixed it, got it back last week and now the brakes have seized. The original fault was oil leaking into the turbo, also the gear box seems a bit iffy to me. Something not quite right. I am very disappointed as I love the feel and look of the car. However, am now getting a full refund from the garage and sadly will not be purchasing another one - Linda Carmichael from Dorset

Submitted: 2010-07-15 | ID: 45153

Peugeot 307 2005

Had so many problems with this car, bought from new, problems with ecu switch, air condit unit now radiator with only 25000 miles on the clock. I would never buy this make again all you do is pay out on it big time.

Submitted: 2010-07-13 | ID: 45097

Debbie Williams, Shropshire

Peugeot 307 2009

Very disappointing vehicle! Lost £2K on resale and luckily I could sell it. Mine had integral leather; dashboard decided to melt in the heat given off by the blowers, nice! This resulted in the stitching snapping all around airbag and beyond. Quoted £4K for new dash, forget it. Then Anti Pollution Fault which caused 3 times back to garage Diagnostic Tests £150 before they could locate a fault and when they did I was told it could be one of two things, both expensive to fix. In other words still not sure. Relief to get rid of that car. Sad as it looked great and was sooo comfortable to drive. I have since looked up the Anti Pollution Nightmare and am very disappointed with Peugeot for this never-ending fault - others had it worse than me. My sympathies to anyone suffering this. SELL IT - GET RID - I am now smiling :-). By the way Peugeot suck on aftercare, they refused to acknowledge the dashboard was a design fault. Not fit for the purpose I say!!!

Submitted: 2010-07-09 | ID: 45152

David Beale, Worcestershire

Peugeot 307 2008

Mine was one of the last ones off the production line, 1.6 Allure. It has been faultless to date, pre facelift models have a lot of electrical faults but post 2005 cars shouldn’t have. It is fast enough, and quick from 70 to 90. Only gripe is the hubs and calipers need painting, probably due to my using the local hand car wash and them using acid on the wheels. A good tip from my brother-in-law car dealer is to lubricate the rubber seals often - stops any rattles and leaks and I have had very little of either, much better than my old 306cc for that. There is room for four for short journeys and I can get a big supermarket shop in the boot and still take the roof off. It has also devalued less than any other car I have ever owned and Peugeot offered me a part ex to-day after 18 months of hurtling up and down the M5/6 of only £3,500 less than I paid for it. Best colour is black if you don’t mind keeping it polished or having others do it for you.

Submitted: 2010-06-27 | ID: 45145

Kenneth Weston, Lancashire

Peugeot 307 2004

Bought the car in 2006 from a Peugeot dealer have had trouble free motoring since then. Comfortable drive. Big problem with the bodywork; bonnet is actually bubbling with rust. I have never seen a modern car rust like this. Peugeot dealer not interested.

Submitted: 2010-06-17 | ID: 45085

Aaron Browning, Hampshire

Peugeot 307 2008

Do not buy this car. I had two Diesel Rovers prior to this, between them covered 260,000 miles without major incident. I bought this car as an approved used car from a Peugeot garage, mistake No.1. Within the first two weeks the anti-pollution message came up and it went into limp mode, whilst driving, nice one Peugeot! The car had done 18,500 miles at the time and the car salesman tried to tell me this was a lot of mileage, that’s a trip to Australia and back he tried to tell me. When I told him that 18.5k was not high mileage, 186,000 miles was a lot which my Rover 25 TD covered without major fault he tried to claim that someone else must have had issues with it (I had it from new!). Rear disc brakes needed replacing at £350ish because the disc are integral to the bearings! What manufacturer would design a car such that replacement of a wear and tear item would be so expensive? Peugeot! Every year the anti-pollution light has come on. Last year a local garage solved the issue by topping up the Deisel additive. This year has been a barrel of laughs. My clutch finally went this year about March time, at about 106,000 miles, no problem I thought, I had one replaced on my rover for about £400ish. I had this replaced, needed a new fly wheel, total £1152. On the plus side the garage who did it found that a suspension link arm needed replacing and did that for me (included in the £1152), for the first time since I have owned the car (just over three years) there is not a knocking noise when a drive the car( bear in mind the car was like this when I picked it up from Peugeot as an approved used car). For the first time the diesel additive minimum level message has come up, and the anti-pollution light has come up, again, there is a smell and a sucking blowing noise. My local dealer quoted £2235 to fix. which included fuel filler cap sensor, glow plugs, injectors seals, EGR valve, particulate filter replacement. The guy at the dealer told me that the particulate filter is scheduled for replacement every 72,000 miles at a cost of £740, the service book just says maintain particulate filter. He said they usually recommed leaving it until it fails. I asked why I wasn’t told about this when I bought the car (I cover 72k in a 2 to 3 years), the guy just shrugged his shoulders. If i had known about this when I was buying the car I definately wouldn’t have bought it! I went to an approved Peugeot repair centre and they recommended replacing the fuel filler cap sensor and the injector seals. Ok, done that and had an MOT at the same time. Car seems better at starting but now, Diesel additive message is not on and anti-pollution light has only come on once, however, it now lacks power and smoke is coming from my turbo unit, BL**DY HELL! So, to sum up, I hate this car! When the knocking noise went I started to think that maybe this could be a good car. I even looked foward to driving a car that didn’t smell after having the injector seals done and imagined actually that i would be reservedly happy with the car, but I can’t now. This car has been a nightmare, I have never spent so much on a car in my driving life. services are expensive! A minor service, at Peugeot, costs £214 and all they do is replace the oil and filter and do some checks!!!! I feel that Peugoet have a place in the market that they do not deserve and would never buy another french car again. I get the impression that most, if not all, modern Diesel car are fitted with a particulate filter which will need replacing at an exhorbitant cost. If your going to buy one I would recommend asking how much to replace and when it is scheduled for replacement. If Rover were still around I would have bought another one and now I am considering going back to Ford, who were always reliable. If there was an option to give this a no star rating I would have done so!<br /><br />

If you buy a ford tdci chances are it’s a Peugeot engine in it too! I’ve had my 55plate 307s 1.6 hdi 90 bhp and for 2 years now the only trouble I’ve had is the front discs and pads. Had changed for £80, the main dealer wanted £170 just for the parts! Buy all my service parts on ebay and all the parts have been genuine pug parts and half the cost; my local grease monkey fits it for me and I only pay for labour. Full service and all filters air, oil, and fuel for £75 with labour! My mate got the same car but a 110bhp and has had nothing but trouble new gear box flywheel clutch £1600 ouch! New sump, new head gasket £400 and now needs hid fap topped up. So he’s in the same boat as you, sorry -  Rob Lloyd from England

Hi there, first let me tell you I’m a mechanic, and I drive and work with a lot of different makes. I know cars are getting complicated with all these sub sytems, computers at the end all due to emissions. Is very hard and mega expensive to design and produce a car just to be rubbish don’t you think?, on these days nearly all are good, I know in the past you could get them running again after just checking, points, carburettor, coil and plugs, all you needed was just with a screwdriver and a set of pliers that’s all. But I remember also becoming a kind of car mind reader at the time of staring it on the cold mornings, too much choke will be flooded, then the battery will die and you will ending giving a big push down the road to get it going again, my wife never could use the choke properly back then she heated them cars!. On these days you just jump in and go very simple and your ecu will do all for you! Easy for the normal user, a bit harder to the mechanic, but if you keep up with the technology and constant changes you will be ok. of course you have to know from were the car is coming when buying and if is being serviced properly using the original service schedule and tools, (being working in several main dealers and there is just few people who knows and do things as they should, 60% of the times your car is half done by an apprentice and because they are on time bonus they omit some of the items to do to save time and earn a bit more, if don believe me go to any dealer and check they tools boxes they are all full of spares they don’t fit. When I saw this I left and started working at my own! I own one of these Peugeot, I bought second hand from a genuine source with 170K on the clock yes 170.000 miles!!, replaced cambelt, w/pump and I gave it a good service, I always change the oil and filter twice a year and I’m use Castrol or similar on it, two years on and done 190K! Still going ok, not a single problem apart of the A/C in need of a recharge. is good to give some gas to them in order to keep things hot and burning as they should be, short trips are not good, and you could have loads of problems all just due to carbon build up every were!. And at last knowing cars inside out for the last 20 years, I can tell without being a fan of any particular brand! What I look in a brand is a car which evolved, a car which is being the evolution of years of customer feed back and reliability. some brands are using the same engine and power train, with some modifications and upgrades based again on reliability, I don’t like brands doing radical changes they don’t know how they will be, Of course if you spend 20k on a BMW you might have less problems, but you are paying for the engineering a BMW wheel bearing is designed to last almost for ever, and when you look at the they are oversized, wile on a Renault Clio they are like bicycle ones and they last around 40k, but the whole car is around 8k new!. Then you have British cars for example Rovers they are a big mix, nearly all are based on Hondas, chassis, dashboard, suspensions etc, apart from the engine, petrol ones they always goes on the cylinder head gasket!, I think they are terrific engines, but again, because they are a mix, the cooling hoses ,and radiators are badly arranged ,so is likely to go wrong just for having the coolant level low, or a hose to be over cooked for being too near of the exhaust (Freelanders etc) diesel are better because they use on some cars BMW engines, but again what fail is always the weakest point of the mixture, could be driveshaft, clutch, gearbox etc they are conversions not genuine makes, Jaguar the same used to be nice, now they use ford gear, You just need to go under on and You will see all the ford stamps on gearbox, engine, switches knobs etc. the diesel X-type uses a transit engine! Clutch and gearboxes and on the mix again something will fail! Citroen and Peugeot they use they own gear which is being in an constant evolution, but apart of all if you buy a new car and you stick to the service schedule done in a garage which does what is charging, you treat your car right (not driving like mad when cold and giving some motorway time to time) you will be ok. I’m think you bought a problem instead a car, the main dealer was the responsible, who knows from were the car was and the true history, some of them buys cars from auctions in which they estate "the mileage could be incorrect on they description. So don’t give up to a nice car just spend more time when buying and making sure they are 100% genuine. Before I go a little example: I have a customer, she bought BMW mini, from a main dealer, and she paid extra to have a year free service and extended warranty. It was looking good and done only 30K from new, so on one of the "free services" they advised about a power steering pipe leaking fluid, and despite the extended warranty they quoted £400 to fix it. So she contacted me to have a second opinion, and I did, looking at it on the ramp, I found no leak, just some oil spill from the oil filter which is on the upper portion of the engine, and on these days is hard to replace without spilling, they are a cartridge type and difficult to do, anyway, the fluid on the power steering pipe was that not steering fluid and after cleaning and testing no leak was found. But after letting the car go, I checked the oil level and It was half way down, removed the air filter and was all black, full of leafs and flys and dust, even contaminated with some oil!. So ordered an air filter, and I topped the oil level up, when she came to collect it I asked her, when was the last "free service done" and she said just 2 days ago!! And it was stamped on the book! By a BMW respectable dealer!! she was very upset, I gave her the old filter and now she is trying to get some money back from them, what they done was just give a good wash she said!. So please be aware they don’t do all what they charge! is impossible to have running a big business just charging like they advertise on the TV (MOT and Annual service for just £99) at the time of buying an car or service ask around ask friends and family and go for the honest garages which are recommended by real people no computer search engines!! - from England

Submitted: 2010-05-04 | ID: 45086

Colin Browne, Staffordshire

Peugeot 307 2009

Bought this car recently; fan on climate control just stops working sometimes seems to be when the weather’s hot because we’ve only had two warm days and it stopped on both, does work again if you restart the engine. It does seem heavy on fuel (petrol 2.o ltr), very quiet, lovely ride, smooth power, could get tempted to drive with too little revs.

Submitted: 2010-05-02 | ID: 45142

Kathryn Jones, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Peugeot 307 2004

Awful car, it looks great but thats about it. A few weeks ago I was driving along a dual carriageway with my 7 year old son in the back when all of a sudden the rear windscreen exploded! I didn’t know what had happened, I thought that someone had thrown a stone at us. Our insurance company told us to take it to a local windscreen place and he told us that because I had put the back demister on and it wasn’t working it caused it to explode! I can’t believe a fuse didn’t go 1st?! It cost my insurance company almost £6000 to put it right because they had to realign the roof! It took 3 weeks to get it done. I wrote to Peugeot head office but they don’t want to know. I’ve been thinking of getting in touch with watchdog to see if this has happened to anyone else. If my son had been hurt by the flying glass I would have been going to a solicitor, thank God he wasn’t. Then today, driving along in my car again and the airbag fault light has come on and then the esp light came on. I’ve only just had the car back from having the back screen fixed! So if anyone is looking to buy one of these cars I would definately not recommend it!

My Grandad has just rung me as he was driving his Peugeot Partner Tepee and the same happened to him. At 87 years old, he was lucky not to have a heart attack with the shock. He was unhurt thankfully but he said the same, that it exploded while driving at 40mph and showered the back seat with glass. He won’t know the cause till they come out tomorrow but I suspect the same thing. Must be a fault with Peugeot. I will be writing to Watchdog as this problem needs sorting before someone gets seriously hurt - Toni Hunter from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 2010-04-24 | ID: 45143

Frank Vecchio, Staffordshire

Peugeot 307 2006

I’d had the car 10 months and in January 2010 there was water corrosion in ECU box - had new one fitted, back to garage on 2 occasions, with water still going into new ECU box. When driving engine management fault comes on dash engine slows and cuts out, switch of and back on again - ok for 10 minutes and same happens again, slows down. Dry ECU box OK until a week or 2 after heavy rain. Anybody got a solution? frank.vecchio@sky.com

The 307cc is a lovely looking car. That is where the good points end. Mine is with doubt the most unreliable modern car I have owned. I will not buy another Peugeot, or indeed another French car. (I owned a Renault Megane Scenic and that was nearly as bad) Problems with electric windows, roof has failed catastrophically twice, problems with the brakes, the ABS, cruise control and traction control all failed at the same time, it drinks oil, it drinks petrol, it has a terrible flat spot at 3000 rpm (the revs actually drop under acceleration) Oh and an ’o’ ring went on the heater matrix. Cost of o ring about 10p cost of repair £395.86. I still hesitate to put the roof down on a cloudy day in case it sticks and I get rained out. If you park your Peugeot 307 cc near a person who has previously owned one they will come and talk to you and regale you with stories of why they sold theirs and will never buy another Peugeot. Trouble is I love it so much - Stephen Hill from England

Hi Stephen, I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to put the roof down, I got stuck in a supermarket car park with the roof sticking up like a lid on a sardine can! £800 later and many sensors and bull from peugeot, it still did the same. So the answer to your roof problem is simple, do what I did spend £90 on a new battery and it will work perfectly - Erica Williams from Somerset

Submitted: 2010-04-15 | ID: 45146

Steve Ross, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 307 2005

Peugeot 307sw 1.6 110 Bought car from 2nd hand dealear and it broke down next day. Turbo inlet pipes and air filters apparently loose. Peugeot garage replaced turbo sensor and fuel cap sensor but anti-pollution light came back the following day and usual, brilliant power still seems lacking. Chap at 2nd hand garage awesome so far, paid repair(?!) bills and apologetically even suggested we had our old car back (p.exchanged it) but we dont want to as love the 307, if only it sodding worked right! Apparently the glow plugs also b*lls up the ECU and how it runs?! Doesn’t seem to make sense though, despite what Peugeot say as glow plugs simply assist cold-starts?! Any ideas?! Help!

Glow plugs on modern diesels do much more than just assist cold starts. They perform ’post heat’ which means individual plugs can operate at any time on one or more cylinders to help combustion and improve idle and ultimately, emissions - Bill Mason from England

Submitted: 2010-03-26 | ID: 45083

Clio White, Scotland

Peugeot 307 2009

It was fine at first, drives great nice and powerful even with a full load. After a year it all went wrong: Turbo packed in Rear wheel bearing, another rear wheel bearing, front wheel bearing, full set of brake pads, EGR valve, fuel cap, sensor, battery, new rear discs and pads, very expensive, full hub bearing, front spring snapped, anti-pollution light coming on intermittantly, needs tyres and pretty sure turbo on way out again. In 8 months!! Too much, should have listened, don’t buy French cars!!

Whilst taking my grandaughter to Derby, the heater packed up. Got several quotes - £500 for new air con, £700-800 to fit. Found a local lad, he changed a fuse with a bright blue top fixed no prob 7.99 for fuse - Jock Keily from Staffordshire

Submitted: 2010-03-24 | ID: 45081

Brigitte Hunt, Kent

Peugeot 307 2007

Purchased when 13 months old and it seemed like brand new! It’s been very reliable and a pleasure to drive.. obviously not a ’boy racer’ type car but not sluggish either! Passengers also seem surprised at the space inside the car and comment on the good leg room in the back. We’ve been very pleased with our choice of our Peugeot car and I love the Cruise Control and Speed Limiter...very useful around town and with all the speed cameras that have appeared over the years!!

Submitted: 2010-02-03 | ID: 45080

Shelley J-C, Hampshire

Peugeot 307 2007

I have generally been very happy with this car. Bought brand new. However since the beginning of December when the weather has been chilly over night, when I open the door the window does not drop and therefore I am unable to shut the door again!. I am having to leave the car running for as much as half an hour before I can get the electrics to work to drop the window and allow me to actually shut the door. As you can imagine, this is really beginning to hack me off! I also think that the servicing cost are high for these, especially as they don’t even check over the roof mechanism (as they say don’t really experience any problems in this area, I know some of you disagree!). My local garage were also quite rude to me about the fact that I was 4 months late servicing my car, despite the fact that I’d only done 7,000 miles. Happy to keep the car as enjoy driving it and love the versatillity of the hard roof, but when the time comes to change, probably won’t buy another.

I would highly recommend getting a cover just for the top to cover the windows, when you place on car make sure one side covers the door handle, this then prevents the system from freezing. Also if you haven’t got a cover, just de-ice the window as normal, then get some warm water and pour this just on the door and this is normally enough to get the mechanism moving again. Hope this helps - from Cheshire

Submitted: 2010-01-12 | ID: 45134

Shaun Hughes, England

Peugeot 307 2003

Got this car about 6 weeks ago, wish I never got it. Hard to start in morning but fine the rest of the day. ABS light came on, one of the sensors has gone, then the left electric door window opens when it wants to, mostly the second time I start the car up. The indictators work but when you turn the corner they indicate the other way and you need to turn them off, the horn works, just, and sometimes not at all and to round it all off I think I need a new electric window driver side panel to control the windows, it doesn’t work like it should. The passager side window goes down but not back up, unless you use the panel on the passager side and it has low MPG for a diesel, Grrrr. I expect cars get faults, but not this many. The worse car ever. I wouldnt mind, I like the look of the car, that’s why I got it. Now I’d get a Ford or something that you know is going to work.

Submitted: 2009-12-31 | ID: 45188

Sharon McQuillan, Scotland

Peugeot 307 2007

I’ve had the 206 CC but the 307 CC is by far superior. I had a few warning lights about the airbag but theis was just a clip under the seat that needed clipping back in, though the garage would probably take 50 smackers to do so. Depollution light came on and the car was fitted with a new canister of some sort, price was £150..the light came on again and again the next day so the garage fitted a new coil, which my a/c warranty covered. Overall I’m very happy with the Western Road, Kilmarnock branch.

Submitted: 2009-12-26 | ID: 45123

Myles, Perthshire

Peugeot 307 2003

I have had my Peugeot for about three months, and I have already had to repair the horn, front passenger window switch and the indicator stalk. It seems to be all electrical stuff that goes wrong and maybe I need to be a bit more gentle with these things. As far as driving goes, it it a great car to drive. Sticks to the road beautifully and performs in all situations. I can change down a gear and put my foot down and she moves. Im pretty happy with her so far, but hope there is no more electrical ’issues’ with her. I think the fuel efficiency is great for a car of this size and stature.

I had to get the horn replaced in my old 2002 307 HDi Rapier. My local Peugeot delealership told me it was something to do with a matrix, whatever that is? Also expect trouble from the electronic boot switch/ handle, it gave me lots of trouble and so did the automatic wipers and lights. The lights would switch themselves off when I was driving in the dark sometimes. Good luck - from County Armagh

Submitted: 2009-12-21 | ID: 45089

Terry Bolwell, Yorkshire

Peugeot 307 2004

Hi, Just bought this car for wife, it looks brill, has mint seats etc., but WOW how much fuel does this car need? So bad.

Submitted: 2009-12-07 | ID: 45124

Linda Smith, Hertfordshire

Peugeot 307 2008

A nice looking car, but I’m having problems with the gearbox, which you can accidently go into reverse when driving at speed, which i did it yesterday at 60 miles per hour in third gear. The went into reverse gear without any problem and if I had not heard the parking sensor I would have let the clutch out. There is also a problem with water in the spare wheel well, which needs to be kept an eye on and a bit of dead spot occasionally when acelerating, other than that seems like a decent car.

Submitted: 2009-11-27 | ID: 45133

Paul Sycamore, England

Peugeot 307 2004

A good all round car. I’ve owned for mine for 4 weeks and a clunking, creaking, rattling noise from under the bonnet is the only fault so far. Depends on how smooth one drives. Any ideas?

Check the engine under-tray. Mine was loose and made a awful noise! Also check the rubber supports that anchor the plastic cover the engine under the bonnet - from Spain

Submitted: 2009-11-24 | ID: 45186

Julie Teather, Staffordshire

Peugeot 307 2004

Today I was driving my 307cc/04 (owner from new) driving around 15mph when the airbag light came on...then in a split second there was a loud bang,like an explosion....I felt pain in my chest/neck and really never knew what had happened to me, let me tell you..... Water had got into the spare wheel well (from all the rain I guess) set off all the sensors and the car responded like it had been in a crash rolling setting all the safety devices..yes everyone! I have been left with injuries and a bill running into thousands! I have contacted peugot(waste of space) feel this should be a safety recall as it is a design fault and like most I have had this car in the garage more times than I have fingers! Basically guys keep an eye out in the heavy rain for water in your spare wheel well [how many people check this before they drive off] If you have experienced this problem please help I need all the support I can if I am going to get anywhere with Peugot Should you work for a car reporting agency (Jeremy Carkson would be fantastic) please get intouch because media attention is what us guys need. Thank you.

We’ve have recently had precisely the same problem. The vehicle simply wouldn’t start so took it to Peugeot, who intially stated that water had collected in the rear electric area and was causing short circuits. They dried the area and fitted a new drainage fitting (£500), did the test drive, and the seat belt tensioners went off. They are now stating that the seat belt tensioners, airbag and rollover ECU’s need replacing, as potentially they could all activate whilst driving. They have quoted an additional £1500. We are considering what to do next as it seems to be a relatively common design fault. Any ideas? - James Lees from England

Hi, I know how you feel, I bought my 307cc brand new, I have three A4 folders of faults with my car, which I bought in 2005. In 2006 I was setting off from my relative house and put the key into the ingnition and my driver’s side air-bag went off, this was the first of many; when I was sitting in the car all I remember was that I put the key in and the lights came on, I got burned by the powder that was in the air-bag, which is use to put out any flames, as there wasn’t any my arm got burned and I damage the nerve endings in my neck. This was one of the many faults that was ongoing, I am now claiming for my injury that I have as I sometimes have to still wear a neck collar for support. All the way through his my car was backwards and forwards into the garage, in the end I went directly to the head person in France and got his PA to look into all these problems. I now seem to be having a problem with my gearbox. I will be going back to the Peugeot customer care manager as I have been told that the milege I have done on my the gearbox should not have caused it to be going yet - Dawn Osullivan from Bedfordshire

Julie, Interesting reading your post on the forum. My friend Jane has one which fired the seat belt tensioners and disabled the car whilst she was driving (luckily at low speed) and not over a pot hole! Would be grateful of your further experience in dealing with this problem as it looks expensive & I have seen many similar issues reported by 05/06 owners. Email address:- derek.stalker@rbs.co.uk Regards, - Derek Stalker from East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

We have been instructed by a client in very similar circumstances and would be very interested in discussing your own experiences. If you could contact Jerard Knott on 0161 684 6619 that would be helpful - Fentons Solicitors from Lancashire

Update: First I would like to apologise for not responding to the above reviews sooner. Please e-mail me if I can support you further. Fenton solicitors are acting for anyone who has experienced this problem and wishes their support.  julie2661@btinternet.com - Julie Teather from Staffordshire

Hi. In 2009, I had a very similar experience as you have described, with my 307 cc, 2004. While driving the car out of our drive way, the whole security system went off with a loud bang, unexpectedly and for no apparent reason. Nobody wished to accept any responsibility. The Peugeot authorised garage in Stockholm determined that water had collected under the spare tyre in the boot of the car and that it was the cause for the short circuit that caused the car to "think" that it had been in a collision and act accordingly, violently releasing the head protecting units and tightening the seat belts. Eventually, the problem was fixed at great cost. It was not determined how the water got in, only that the drainage was clogged. Apparently in the bottom of the boot (housing the spare tyre), there is a small drainage tube that is very easily clogged. Why? Repeated event: Now, about a year of driving the same car, the same thing happened but while driving on city road, luckily going 30mph, as I had just exited the highway. I hurt my ribs and back and can only say how grateful I am that I did not have children with me, as the violence of the tightening of the belts could easily injure the light body of a child much worse than it did me. This second experience has prompted me to look around on the internet to see if any other similar stories have been brought forth and I see that there are. Somehow I’m not surprised. I wonder if anyone has been successful in suing Peugeot for this obvious safety defect or design issue (or faulty design). Could they be liable for such a thing? Please let me know if anyone has heard of any successful litigation against Peugeot for this particular reason. Many thanks - Isabelle Lowther from Sweden

I have owned a 2004 307cc for 2 years now and while driving with 2 children in the car, my seat belt retentioners activated cabin filled with smoke both myself and passenger in front seat received seat belt burns from the force in which we were pulled back into our seat. The car shut down and was towed to service centre and damage caused so far is in excess of $10,000 as a result of water getting into the boot of the car in the spare tyre well short circuiting all the electronics. Still have no answers as to how the water got in there - Sylvia Borg from Australia

Submitted: 2009-11-19 | ID: 45125

Martin, England

Peugeot 307 2008

I’ve had this car for about six months now and have experienced no problems what so ever. I bought it second hand with 19000Kms on the clock and have so far put 6000 kms on it! I love driving it with the roof up or down and it has left my other cars sitting on the drive! I would recommend this car 100%. Only downside I have is that there are a few squeaks from time to time as the roof settles back in. Buy one for the fun of it!

Hi Martin. We too have recently bought a 307cc. Hdi. We are also over the moon with it in general. We too experienced a squeaky annoying noise after the roof has been re located to the closed position. I was told by a friend that used to own one, that these noises are common. There’s a very quick and easy solution to this problem, just open the roof half way and let go of the switch so that the roof stays half way open. You can then see some visible nuts on the angle brackets to the opening mechanism just simply "tweak" these up with a spanner from time to time, especially if you use the roof on a regular basis, (not to tight though) and that should cure all the rattles and annoying squeaks. It worked for us. Good luck - Andy Long from Hampshire

Submitted: 2009-11-17 | ID: 45137

Scott Kerr, Lincolnshire

Peugeot 307 2009

I have just bought this car today and so far so good. Took it for a drive and found the car responsive, eye catching and comfortible. Very nippy off the mark, but again eary days yet. Keep watching - Scott Kerr from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 2009-10-31 | ID: 45136

Michelle Saunders, England

Peugeot 307 2004

This is the worst car that I have ever had. Everything has gone wrong with this car, the last being the electronic power steering pump. I am not really sure what to do unless I spend £700 at the Peugeot garage on a new one. I’ve just ordered a referb from a garage. Does anyone know if this will work?

Check to see if there has been a safety recall on this, before you part with any cash - J J from England

Hi Michelle, I know it’s a couple of years but I saw your review on your Peugeot 307. Did you fix the problem with your steering? Mine has the same fault - Jan L from Berkshire

Submitted: 2009-10-21 | ID: 45139

Michael Latchford, Conwy

Peugeot 307 2004

Very nice car to drive but unreliable and costly! Had it for 9 months and so far flywheel failed, egr valve failed, injector seals leaked and particulate filter failed - costing a total of about £1000. It’s a good job I’m a mechanic or it would have been double. I used to love Peugeot diesels but not now.

Submitted: 2009-07-17 | ID: 45206

Alan Carver, Derbyshire

Peugeot 307 2005

Brought car 3 years ago broke down a year out of warranty, needed decoke on engine only covered 22,000 miles cost £1200 to repair, told caused by short journeys. Is this normal for such a new car?

Submitted: 2009-07-07 | ID: 45182

Francois Villawar, London

Peugeot 307 2004

F***! We’re on our way to office, we are lucky because I drop my wife off at her office first... while I was driving on my way to work I’m on the motorway they called "killer highway" and my engine stops in the middle of this highway... I bought this car one day ago from an auto market, after one day she almost put my life in danger... I called recovery for me to go direct to the garage for checking on what exactly the problem and I was not able to report on duty because of that incident. After one week of waiting they found out that the problem is the timing belt - they changed everything - then they fixed it and the car is ready to pick up... When I checked it out, I found out that the brakes are not working... what to do? I want to be out of this problem.. I spoke to the car dealer in order to return or change the car but there is still no response.

Submitted: 2009-05-27 | ID: 45115

Ivan, England

Peugeot 307 2005

Piece of s**t! 6 months old - automatic air condition fault twice! Roof jammed 4 times - flooded interior - countless abs system faults - 4 times esp/asr system fault 4 times - depollution system fault only once ;) consumption around 9.2l/100km (1.6 16v) only positive is good look, when stands parked in front cafe. PS - run away from this crap car!!!!!!!!!

Could you please tell me where you got the roof fixed please? Mine jammed and Peugeot could not tell me anything after a £400 bill and still say they don’t know - Simon Beard from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 2009-04-20 | ID: 45180

Jim Gibson, Ayrshire

Peugeot 307 2006

After weeks in the garage the steering problem has not been rectified. The garage says it is something to do with the size of the wheels (17" alloys) and that it is fine with smaller wheels. Any reasonable size bump in the road results in the steering jumping to accommodate the bump (I never have this problem with my bog standard NHS Corsa). The steering also feels as if it wants to follow the contour of the road. I have little or no faith left in the car. Anyone else experienced similar problems? BEWARE....DON’T BUY

Submitted: 2009-03-19 | ID: 45116

Jason, England

Peugeot 307 2002

Maybe I was lucky, but bought this in 2004 with no experience or preconceptions of Pugs at all, & am happy to say it’s been an almost trouble free nearly 5 years. Only problem has been the dreaded anti-pollution fault which went on for a fortnight. This was where I encountered my main gripe - the Peugeot dealer. I paid £80 for their all singing all dancing diagnostic test, to be told that half the fuel system was contaminated with the dodgy biodiesel I had been using & would need replacing at the princely cost of £1200!! However, on seeking a third & fourth opinion, the problem was actually confined to the fuel filter at only £120 - 3 years later, the allegedly ruined fuel system is still going strong. The car has buckets of room in the boot & the rear passenger seat. It’s £35 a year to tax, & the fuel economy is still impressive at nearly 90000 miles. It’s far more zippy on the motorway than a 1.4 diesel engine has any right to be. Common problem seems to be the indicator stalk sometimes not cancelling & the odd part of the carpeting working loose from under the seals - but quite frankly these are fairly minor gripes for what has been a damn good car to own. I would happily recommend a 307 to anyone, especially the diesel.

Submitted: 2009-01-07 | ID: 45117

Peugeot 307 2008

Oh my god! Late call from Peugeot, cost to repair my car came to £988 for an ecu switsh and wire housing which has gone 5 weeks out of warranty plus £65 to tell me! Car from hell...

Submitted: 2008-12-23 | ID: 45174

Peugeot 307 2005

from Essex has sent in a review on the Peugeot 307 CC. Had problems since I brought it new with main seal and dics being warped, now just over 3 years old, it broke down with engine system warning light and depolltion on told maybe at least £600 pounds to repair. Variant: . Year Of Make:

Submitted: 2008-12-22 | ID: 45173

Sarah Wood, Yorkshire

Peugeot 307 2005

I’m having the same problem with the Depollution System. My garage has told me I need to replace the Exhaust Pressure Sensors - grand total of £405 - I agree with you; there is a manufacturer’s fault with this but it’s like banging your head against a brick wall with Peugeot. Other people on other forums are having this problem with their cars including the 207, 307 & 407. I’m going to write to Peugeot HO about this and the more people who do may help get something sorted out. Not happy at all.

The main problem with this is low mileage... diesels are not for pottering round town in causes blockage yes design fault....but mainly they forget to tell customers diesels need mileage... - from Surrey

Submitted: 2008-12-17 | ID: 45175

Jonathan Gains, Lancashire

Peugeot 307 2007

This has to be the worst car we have ever owned. It has been in the garage seven times!! Persistent fault with the depollution system cuts the power and you limp home!! Robins and Day Manchester have to be the worst service department, headed by the worst service manager I have ever had the misfortune come across!! This is a world wide fault with the car - Google it and see!! Most owners battle on for six months and then sell the car!! Head office will not help nor will Peugeot finance!! All p*****g in the same pot and the customers pay the price!! I paid £19,000 for the car and was offered £8,000 at 15 months old!! This is a nightmare!! I’m going to voluntary terminate when I’ve paid half and they can have their shed back!! DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE PAPER MACHE CARS AT ANY COST OR ANY PRICE!!

I am totally relating to you. I will never buy another Peugeot ever again - Michelle Saunders from England

WOW! I have had mine for a year and it’s fine, other than the roof leaking slightly when i get the car washed, but it’s fine!! Cool car for now but will be selling next year!! - Selina Kumari from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2008-11-20 | ID: 45177

Liz Lawrie, Monmouthshire

Peugeot 307 2002

Sorry to say that this is the worst car I have ever owned. I got it is June last year second hand and since then it has cost me a fortune. New ECU, fuel cap gauge and battery £1500 and a month in the garage! New brakes, tyres, exhaust and starter motor! Now both headlight bulbs have blown and are very hard to replace. And the indicators only work sometimes, also a clunky noise from under the front-post suspension. Hence I am trading it in for a reliable Ford Focus Estate tomorrow. I will never by a Peugeot again - I have had three and this is the worst!

Submitted: 2008-11-14 | ID: 45205

Tracey King, Dorset

Peugeot 307 2004

After a year of problems with air pollution warning light coming on, losing power etc. The dealer garage that were so friendly when they sold me the car now treating me as though I am mad! Never again.

Submitted: 2008-11-05 | ID: 45120

Chris Lord, Wiltshire

Peugeot 307 2002

Avoid Pug like the plague - nothing but problems from buying. Where to start with the faults?? Bought it on the Friday and on the proceeding Monday I had NO SPEEDO ELECTRICS ETC. Six months later "anti-pollution fault", limp mode mmmmmm aren’t we all happy with that Peugeot gem!! Be aware that all 2.0l diesel pugs have an additive that reduces the emissions and this is a wonder £400 to fill +VAT!!! They don’t tell you that when you buy it!!!! Buy at your own risk, Service and customer relations are SH1TE to say the least.

Submitted: 2008-10-20 | ID: 45121

Marc Smith, England

Peugeot 307 2004

Piece of sh*t!! Do not buy one - so many problems. Here’s a few - air-bag light is on constantly, pollen-filter warning comes on when the car wants and does not drive properly when it is on, CD changer is a joke and works when it feels like it, folding mirrors sometimes don’t work, passenger window works when it wants to and dealers are sh*t as well - never had a courtesy car no matter how much in advance you book - prices are a joke. NEVER BUY A PEUGEOT - NEVER BUY FRENCH - I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A FORD FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD NOT BY A FOCUS. My aunt had a 2007 1.8 TDCi 125 Zetec S and it gave her tremendous trouble. Electrics gave woefull trouble and gearbox, clutch and flywheel had to be replaced after 33500 miles, They are not the car they are supposed to be - from Cheshire

Submitted: 2008-10-17 | ID: 45118

Andrew Bailey, Northamptonshire

Peugeot 307 2004

A nice car, reliable and fairly quick once your up to forty miles per hour. Like all cars, not good value for money when bought new but a great buy second hand. I bought mine new and it’s been A1, no problems at all and totally reliable. At four years old I’ve still only covered 16,000 miles so its really not even broken in yet. I like Peugeot’s and I’d certainly buy another one but I intend keeping this one for a good while yet.

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 45201

Iain Roper, Cornwall

Peugeot 307 2006

I’ve had this car from new with only 22 miles on the clock, car looks good from all angles, cruise crontrol is a bonus and handy on the long drives. It has been back to the main dealer for silly things ie wipers hit each other/ and throttle housing leaks oil, peugeot has missed out few things like an arm rest and a place to put a pair of glasses, also 1st and 2nd gear seems to grind. on the whole not a bad car but I won’t have another one!

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 45183

Nigel Newham, Hampshire

Peugeot 307 2008

This my second SW - my first was a Mark 1 and ate tyres, flywheels and discs, although it never actually let us down. My family loved the glass roof, the comfortable seats and the versatility, and so took a chance on the Mark 2, having believed the dealer’s reliability improvements hype. So far so good, because at 6,000 miles, the car’s had no faults at all. The Mark 2 feels a very different car - less road noise, better build (and equipment) and handling - probably because of the lighter engine. The 16 valve diesel engine is superb - smooth, quiet and with a beautifully integrated turbocharger - no lag at all (if you really want turbo lag, try a Skoda Roomster!). To my mind, the 308Sw’s one of the best looking cars on the road (much nicer than the gawky 308SW). Fuel consumption is around 42mpg overall, although I believe that diesels can take thousands of miles to fully bed in - that’s 20% better than our old 2.0HDi 110

Submitted: 2008-06-13 | ID: 45202

Neil Hudson, Warwickshire

Peugeot 307 2005

When writing my review I forgot to mention the most annoying fault ever: It BLOWS bulbs with unbelievable frequency; every week at least one bulb needs replacing.

Submitted: 2008-06-09 | ID: 45203

Neil Hudson, Warwickshire

Peugeot 307 2005

I drive a Peugeot 307SW 1.6HDI 110bhp. The car is used as a Taxi. The 307 has proved to be a spacious, well appointed car with few faults. The main gripe I have with the 307 range is the lack of lumbar support. If you suffer with back problems this car will not do you any favours.Faults: elec window switch on drivers door only operates drivers window. Heater regulator packed up. Exhaust cat anti block fluid runs out at 80 to 100k dealer job expensive. A/C lost gas reason not yet known. Thats about the faults. The good. Fun to drive, flexible torquey engine. Fantastic on fuel. Handles well enough. Overall easy to live with and own. Great pity theres no lumber support.

Submitted: 2008-06-05 | ID: 45204

Berni Stringer, Warwickshire

Peugeot 307 2005

I adore this car...looks and feels good to drive and though Jeremy Clarkson describes the rear as looking like a melted hot water bottle...(!!) w...e...l..l ...this car does not encourage me to stay at home with cocoa. Easy handling and definitely gets me where I’m going in comfort and with ease. Roof is a wonderful piece of engineering if Jeremy you are not so old and cynical and the Baylon red is to die for. Pricey to fill but not as often as others and your certainly have to take out a mortgage to pay for it - unlike other cc’s, Go get one and enjoy....

Submitted: 2008-02-11 | ID: 45172

Thackray Dave, Durham

Peugeot 307 2003

Car looks great and have had no failures as yet but the gearing is poor. Have to be in first gear even on approach to roundabouts if not it will just stop! Power lets it down. Has 5 gears and hardly ever get into fifth as there is no accelaration. A very comfortable car with loads of room and great storage, enough for a family with babies! I have the 2.0l diesel model and it is quite heavy on the fuel on very short trips but not too bad on longer journeys Overall a lovely car but poor performance with poor gear ratio.

Submitted: 2007-11-14 | ID: 45184

Patrick Williams, Wales

Peugeot 307 2007

This is kind of in between an estate and a MPV. It fits my family of six well and is very, very big inside. The drive itself is really good, smooth and comfortable with decent suspension.

Submitted: 2007-10-30 | ID: 45200

Vince Clements, Westmoorland

Peugeot 307 2007

When it’s good it’s fantastic, very easy on fuel, bags of space and handles extremely well, however, this is not the most reliable car and has been back 5 times in the past 2 years for a number of mechanical failures. Such a shame. I won’t be buying another.

Submitted: 2007-09-29 | ID: 45185

Kevin Walker, Middlesex

Peugeot 307 2007

This is a very good buy for the money, It looks the business and is an enjoyable drive. Maybe not quite the power of a BMW or Audi but definitely fun and highly recommended.

I totally agree! - Selina Kumari from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2007-09-05 | ID: 45170

Glenn Murray, Cumberland

Peugeot 307 2007

As you would expect from Peugeot this car delivers an excellent ride without the hard jarring 'sports' suspension of it's German counterparts. The diesel is the one to have as it is torquey and keen to accelerate whilst the petrol engines tend to be thrashy and feel a little underpowered lower down the rev range. High quality feel to the cabin too!

Submitted: 2007-09-04 | ID: 45122

Andy Bowen, Cheshire

Peugeot 307 2007

Good points - Engine, handling, quality feel (with leather interior at least), fuel economy (40+ in daily commute), equipment levels.<br /><br />Bad points - Rear seats for kids only, driving comfort awful (I am currently seeing a chiropractor to repair my back).<br /><br />Overall - Good car badly let down by lack of support in the front seats. So bad I returned after 10 months of a 12 month PCH.

Ah, Peugeot, a car that brings horror to me on a daily basis. Everything is plastic, breaks when being dismantled. I call the dealer for the new bits - everything has to be ordered, then the delivery guy brings the wrong stuff. Another day goes by, a screaming customer at the other end of the phone who needs it back at 3 to collect the fat weans from school - David Anderson from Lanarkshire

Submitted: 2007-08-30 | ID: 45168

• D D's question has been answered: "Hi..It is a common fault, I have the exact same issue on my 307 sw...Its caused by rainfall which goes down the drainage groove behind the boot lid... - Rob from Worcestershire' '..." (11/09/2017 14:18:15)
  • Chris's question has been answered: " i have a peugeot 307cc i opened the roof drove around all day , then when i tried to close it it would close nothing that I've done appears to work - augustine.willock54@yahoo.com.co.uk from West Midlands' '..." (30/08/2017 15:50:12)

Peugeot 307 CC road test report

The Peugeot 307cc has good looks, is comfortable to drive, and for those sunny days the chance to lower the roof and enjoy the open top experience. On the downside all but the smallest adults will struggle in the back over long distances, and with the car being very heavy acceleration is sluggish. O [...]

Peugeot 307 CC  road test report