Peugeot 4007 consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 4007 consumer reviews by year of make: 2007  2008  2009

Peugeot 4007 consumer car reviews

Steve Best, Devon

Peugeot 4007 2009

Driven this car for three years and I’m very happy. I have used it for towing a two ton boat. I have used all 7 seats occasionally, for short runs, but it’s not really very comfortable in back seats. Overall I’m very satisfied with the car.

Submitted: 2013-03-02 | ID: 45275

Andy Challoner, Cheshire

Peugeot 4007 2007

Wife’s car she loved it up ’til recent problems; Bubbling paint on alloy wheels (around center bosses and air valves) recorded by dealer before warranty expired but Puegot refusing to do work as now 2 months out of warranty and sevice overdue (but ’booked in’ with dealer). Front suspension coil spring found broke, too dangerous to drive, February ealiest delivery date for spare !!! Vehicle has always been driven like a saloon, never off-roaded. Peugot again not interested in assisting with repair cost. Just found out we are number 28 on a awaiting list of dealers, some of which are awaiting 2 spares, for a replacement spring. Doesn’t take an expert to realise these springs have either a manufacturing fault or not strong enough for the weight loading. With the above info, currently speaking to standards authority as to any recourse available to us.

Submitted: 2010-11-13 | ID: 45274

Shaun McGrath, Herefordshire

Peugeot 4007 2008

I bought my 4007 back in June 2008, so far it has been an excellent car to own with no problems at all. I have covered 60k and it has never given me trouble. The 2.2 HDI engine is really smooth and has excellent torque through out the rev range. Also if you ever need to tow anything, like I do, you will have no problems. This is my 9th Peugeot and I doubt my next cars will be anything else other than a Peugeot. Excellent, Comfy, Reliable and cheap to run cars. I even get 47 mpg from my 4007 on the motorway sometimes.

Submitted: 2010-05-23 | ID: 45268

Razvan Strajeru, Romania

Peugeot 4007 2008

The 4007 is a beautiful car... but... at 38k my clutch has gone, my flywheel too!!! It cost me 1,200 Euros! I’m from Romania...The car is still in warranty and the Peugeot dealer told me that it is not a warranty problem. The clutch only has a warranty up to 20k. If it is a manufacture problem then why they are standing so hard on her feet? Any ideas? Please contact me strajeru_toader@yahoo.com

At 39k mile my clutch also failed on my 4007. Peugeot would not help, citing the clutch as a wearing part with a limited 20k mile warranty. They also wanted to replace the variable mass flywheel. I would not let them which brought the bill down from over £1,300 to about £450. Car now has 71k miles and no flywheel or clutch issues to report again. Car has had much warranty work additional to this to include a new turbo (valve sticking), new catalyst fluid bag (leaking), new top joint on from suspenion, respray wheels (bubbling paint). A nice car to drive but fragile!!!! Please note 4007, Citreon C Crosser and Mitsubishi Outlander are all the same car - Andy Mayland from England

Update on my last report - got to 72,000 miles and replaced clutch now slipping too. I have nursed it, driving carefully to avoid peak torque and have got 75,000 miles with minor degradation but will have to replace it soon. It would seem the clutch on the 2.2 HDI variants will only last about 30 to 40k miles at best. Rubbish really for a car I love to drive so much and thought I would eventually be able to use as a towcar too. Sadly not. My advice to anyone is to avoid the Outlander variants in all their forms (i.e. Outlander, 4007 and C-Crosser). Also beware the same engine may carry the same clutch pack into other vehicles such as the 407, Mondeo, Freelander. If you have a 4007, C-Crosser or Outlander 2.2 Diesel my advice is sell it now before you face bills up to £1,300+ for a new clutch that will only go for 2 or 3 more service periods. Everyone I talk to is having the same issue. The engineering behind clutch life is 100 years old, the transmission engineering on this Mitsubishi / PSA JV vehicle suprises me in this century. Also the lack of support by Peugeot UK is stunning. They need to admit the fault, engineer it out and call the cars in for replacement clutch packs (in or out of warranty) if they want to get any kind of reputation back - Andy Mayland from Wiltshire

The comment about the clutch only lasting 20 to 40,000 miles, a clutch will last a min of 75,000 miles. If you change the dual mass at the same time false economy if you don't. Full kit from T.M.S MOTOR SPARES is under £600. INCLUDING DUAL MASS AND CONCENTRIC BEARING. - Allan Copeland from Fife

Submitted: 2010-04-15 | ID: 45269

C Hall, Lothians

Peugeot 4007 2008

This would be a great car, but get the Mitsubishi Outlander version or maybe the citroen version. The Head Gasket blew on mine after 16,000 miles and Peugeot won’t pay out on the warranty. The first dealership I took it to failed to repair it and sent it back out without any coolant in it. (Evans Halshaw, Edinburgh). The second dealership wouldn’t put in the warranty claim and want to charge me £3500 instead. Peugeot customer service managers are pretty rude, and not once did they apologise for the inconvenience; so obviously badly trained. I had to point out at one point that they were supposed to offer the service and I was supposed to be the customer. There was no comment. They were only interested in making sure they didn’t have to pay anything, certainly not in the needs of the customer. I will be complaining further and will update if we get any joy.

Peugeot 4007. Last December, off the road six weeks due to gear box problem, now from 16th November 2010 again in dealership, front spring to be replaced, now 30th November, date given for part arriving, no timeline given. Citreon C Crosser and Mitsubishi Outlander require to use same parts so how will they stand if same problem occurs? - Myra MacGough from Stirlingshire

Submitted: 2010-03-12 | ID: 45272

Paul, Yorkshire

Peugeot 4007 2009

Does anyone find the changing from first to second gear a bit hard? My 4007 has a crunching of gears and it is very hard to select gears when cold. I thought this was my fault having driven autos for so many years.

I have the same problem. The changing from first to second gear is going very rough when the engine is cold and sometimes when is hot too. A dealer said that this is normal and I’m trying to get used to, but still bothers me. On the other side, I like this car, I have it now for a year and I both it second handed. It’s 2008 and has 105,000 km - Peter Kodrman from Slovenia

Submitted: 2009-11-14 | ID: 45266

Allison Thorburn, Ayrshire

Peugeot 4007 2007

Have just been told, after 27,000 miles, that it needs a new clutch! I am shocked! I have never needed a new clutch on any other our cars over the years. Is there a problem with the 4007? I am in discussion with Peugeot over this and have heard from another source that an 08 plate 4007 is also needing a new clutch!

Submitted: 2009-10-26 | ID: 45265

Terry Jarman, Bedfordshire

Peugeot 4007 2007

I test drove this and the Toyota Rav4, which I fully expected to prefer but was very pleasantly surprised with the 4007. I have driven a number of Peugeot cars over the years so think it’s just down to personal taste. Well built and handles really well. Good amount of space and a much better price than the Rav4.

Have driven Peugeot 504 and long to retire with 4007. What are the prices to have it delivered to Kenya, my country? Can someone tell me what there is for African roads in this 4007 series? I thank the Lord God Almighty for those of you, who’ve already driven it. Tell me more! francis@myremnantchurch.com - Francis Wachira from Kenya

Submitted: 2008-04-21 | ID: 45281

Tony Walker, Inverness-shire

Peugeot 4007 2007

Great car to drive handles the road well with lots of power under the pedal.comfort is great with heated seats.and recliners in the back .a real head turner.well worth the money spent look forward to having this car for many years to come.buy one now you wont be disappointed.

Submitted: 2008-03-29 | ID: 45280

Robert Jennings, England

Peugeot 4007 2007

A good and reliable japanese crossover with a BIG French lion badge. Very good for family use, weekend shopping and offs. Can survive moderate offroad (tried last w/e). Original Cheshire cate design . The diesel engine is outstanding in torque. Interior is practical and and appropriate. Still a head turner in the streets. 5 months - no disappointments. Had different cars (Honda, SaaB, VW) and this is my first Peugeot (Mitsu). Now thinking about another Peugeot for my wife (Maybe 308). Peugeot - drives!

Submitted: 2008-03-25 | ID: 45279

Zack, London

Peugeot 4007 2008

Outstanding design! Really have fallen in love! Perfect in driving and comfort for 5 pax. A bit noisy but that doesn’t matter, good music makes it. Stylish and something different to all these dull Japanese crossovers in the streets. I call her JOKER (remember Jack Nicholson in Batman?) :)) Every morning admire it and enjoy driving!

Submitted: 2008-03-14 | ID: 45278

Ben Ridgeway, Hampshire

Peugeot 4007 2007

This is a very nice car indeed.Peugeot have designed something that looks a little bit different from everyhting else and it drives very well too. I recently test drove this and whilst I was impressed with the car’s handling and level of comfort I needed a car that would suit a family of six. Unfortunately, although it’s supposed to be a seven seater it really is better suited to five and I think Peugeot have made an error in trying to cram in extra seating that isn’t really roomy enough making it impractical for my needs. If I had needed a five seater however I would have been tempted.

The 4007 is really a Outlander with a different badge. The Mitsubishi Outlander is a better product than the 4007 - Louis Blanc from Poland

Submitted: 2007-11-27 | ID: 45276

• A response has been made to Razvan Strajeru (23/07/2014 09:10:42)
  • A response has been made to C Hall (12/03/2010 19:46:08)

Peugeot 4007 XS Sport 2.2 HDi 156 FAP road test report

The Peugeot 4007 is the very close sibling to the Citroen C-Crosser, its position in the market is that of a crossover SUV – offering plenty of room for five, the potential to squeeze seven at a push, and four wheel drive. Available with a single engine choice, a 2.2 HDI diesel unit, the car comes i [...]

Peugeot 4007 XS Sport 2.2 HDi 156 FAP road test report