PEUGEOT 405 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 405 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 405. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 405 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

chris4069, Indonesia

Hi , I had a puncture on my way back home 2 days ago . Due to an emergency , I decided to roll-on the spare tyre but to my dismay I wasnt able to remove the wheelnut using the toolkit provided by the manufacturer . As a result I called my insurance company for assistance . Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the actual use of this so called "emergency toolkit" . Thanks .

Submitted: 20/11/2016 04:22:31 | ID: 136804

CK, Malaysia

Hi , I own a Pug405 SR ('95) . I noticed that the vertically positioned brake master pump tends to collect rainwater after each downpour . This waterlogged spot eventually results in rust formation & frequent leak to the brake pedal . I had already cleaned & rustproofed this area twice but the problem still persists . Would greatly appreciate from the pug experts if there should be a permanent fix to this . Thanks .

Submitted: 20/11/2016 03:56:16 | ID: 136803

Erhan, Macedonia

Hi. I had i cylinder problem with my peougeout 405d engine it got replaced and fixed. however now the engine seems to had lost some power it canot accelarete more then 110kmh i wonder why if you could give me advice or something . thanks

On many French vehicles, if you change a cylinder head they recommend you instruct the ECU that the head has been changed and for it to carry out a balancing process for the cylinders... the fact that you can get to 110km/h suggests that there's not a great deal wrong with car.. maybe this will fix it... sadly it is a job for someone with Peugeot diagnostic software or a good engine tuning specialist.. but shouldn't be too costly. However, there may also be something else wrong. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 07/01/2016 04:36:03 | ID: 125670