PEUGEOT 5008 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 5008 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 5008. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 5008 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Andy, Essex

I am getting a message on the display telling me that Park Assist system is faulty. Is there a quick fix or am I going to a local main dealer.

Submitted: 26/03/2017 16:05:34 | ID: 140171

Brian Colgan, West Midlands

My heater remains on constantly and cannot be turned off by control dial, temperature can be controlled but stays on all the time. Is this the thermistor at fault under the glove box?

Submitted: 04/02/2017 13:10:56 | ID: 138671

jim, Netherlands

How can I easily exchange/replace a faulty DRL lamp, the left one is now dead, the other will follow soon. Some articles use a T45 torx, other say T40 torx. Can it be reached when removing the inner mudguards (left and right) ?

Submitted: 23/10/2016 10:55:10 | ID: 136170

Robert Spence, Berkshire

The reversing light is so poor I cannot see to reverse in the dark. Is there a better bulb or fixing? Also, tHe automatic reversing sensors do not work. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 07/10/2016 20:55:18 | ID: 135783

ken, Greater Manchester

stop start will not work on a april 2016 new car

I have a 2016 model. There is a switch on the rhs of steering wheel. Make sure the eco is switched on. To allow it to stop/start certain requirements need to be met. The stop/start runs off a separate battery which runs off the main car battery. If this see a drop in Amps it's will not allow the eco to work due its brain thinking the car won't have enough amps to re start. Also outside temp plays apart. If it's during a re gen it won't active eco either. Ayrton from Warwickshire

Submitted: 06/07/2016 18:39:29 | ID: 133296

John Lee, Malaysia

What is the ticking/rattling noise in my car seem underneath the dashboard when i press on the accelerator half way when on the road? The sound disappear when I press fully, release the gss pedal, or stop the car.

Submitted: 17/05/2016 09:39:54 | ID: 131612

S Wilson, Dorset

The strap on the side of the second row seat does not fold the seat - it just comes out when you extend it. It is still attached to something though as I can feel there is tension there. The seat mechanism still works though as the red strap behind the seat still works and the seat folds flat when I pull it. Does anyone know how easy it is to open up the back of the seat to reveal what the problem may be?

Submitted: 19/03/2016 18:00:49 | ID: 129231

Dave, Cambridgeshire

This is a 2015 model. When I unlock the car, a fan starts up somewhere below the pop up display in centre of the dashboard. After exiting and locking the car this fan continues to run. The fan runs regardless of whether the ignition is switched on or not or whether the engine has been run - it simply starts up when the remote locking is activated. It also continues to run after locking the car. Despite only 2,000 miles on the clock, it has suddenly started to become very noisy with every sign of it failing very soon. Any idea what this fan is and, as my nearest dealer is 20 miles away and, more important, well over an hours journey each way, how difficult it might be to get fixed ?

Submitted: 17/01/2016 10:37:21 | ID: 126282

Mrs Malsher, Northamptonshire

I have a Peugeot 5008 and the dash board states: Engine fault, repair needed and the battery light comes up, we have recently had the break pads replaced, tyres replaced and the oil filter replaced, is this fault the battery or is there another fault? the car is starting fine and driving fine so I don't think its the battery.

Submitted: 13/11/2015 08:12:54 | ID: 123442

Geraldine Donnelly, Antrim

Hello i have a brand new 5008 with only 350 miles on it and a noticed a very strong burning smell coming from under the bonnet any ideas on what this could be please or what may be causing it, thanks

DPFregen. Nothing to worry about Ayrton from Warwickshire

Submitted: 03/11/2015 10:47:08 | ID: 123056

andy, Yorkshire

when I looked at my engine on my 5008 their was oil at the top of my turbo when I booked in at the dealership their said this was normal for the turbo to leak oil so I have to rebook my car in for next week then their can have a look at the turbo again were its leaking oil but it under the warranty for other 8 months but their its down to head office to say yes or no

Submitted: 30/09/2015 18:29:19 | ID: 121825

tom, Ireland

hi how do you delete the paired bluetooth phones already stored in the radio, I go though the menu and highlight the paired phone and press ok , then the disply goes back to the clock and the phone is still paired

Submitted: 06/06/2014 16:12:47 | ID: 97051

Save, Israel

Peugeot 5008 2011

My Peugeot 5008 makes a knocking/pinging sound in fifth gear. It`s very rare (once a month) and can’t be reproduced on purpose. It`s driving nicely at 70km/h in fifth gear and the engine is approx 1600 rpm. Slightly pressing the gas to accelerate, the current gear does not have enough power to acclerate and you hear the pinging sound from the engine (6 metal rattle klicks). If you leave the gas handle and press again the computer will recognize the situation, shift down a gear and will accelerate as expected. It`s an automatic gear (AM6). The only reason I know it`s a fifth to fourth gear shift issue is that last time it happened I immediately switched to manual mode to see the gear. There is no software update for my engine model. Can anybody please suggest what to do? (THP 156 Active)

Submitted: 07/10/2013 12:03:02 | ID: 55875