Peugeot 508 consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 508 consumer reviews by year of make: 2011  2012  2013  2014

Peugeot 508 consumer car reviews

Rick, Lancashire

Peugeot 508 508 SW DIESEL ESTATE 2011 - 2014

This is the first time I've had a Peugeot and I must say its been a pleasure to drive. Very comfortable seating position for long journeys. Mpg not as good as they make out but better than other cars I've had in the past. If you open the boot after it's been raining then your sure to get water dripping into your boot space (bad flaw). The onboard computer decides when it wants to work rather than coming on when you turn the key on. If it doesn't work then it knocks the satnav, radio, Bluetooth and reversing sensors off. I've heard a few people having the same problems but not sure how to fix it. If anyone knows how then please enlighten me. It only seems to all work when the car has warmed up which is strange. Very intermittent. I've rang Peugeot to quiz them but they just say you'll have to bring it in. They don't give anything away, always close to their chest. If these niggles were sorted out I'd be very happy with the car.

Submitted: 2016-08-02 | ID: 134048

Colin Yeo, Devon

Peugeot 508 2012

We previously had a Peugeot 406 for 11 years and it was the best car we have ever owned. Been driving since 1972 and normally run two cars, so it is quite a few. We have had the 508 for less than 2 weeks and these are the issues we are asking the Peugeot dealer to sort. 1) Fuel economy was expected to be 10% better that 408. It is 10% worse. Local driving averaging 24 mph is 44-47 per gallon with trips of approximately 15 miles. Motorway driving 51-54 mpg 2) Steering and braking is affected by camber of road. 3) Traction control didn’t stop me spinning wheels on pulling away quickly. 4) Significant delay before turbo kicks in. Makes control difficult. 5) Top line of rear window heater not working 6) iPhone playlist not working 7) No record on Peugeot website of 20000 mile service which should have been done. Watch this space for how I get on.</p> <p>We previously had a Peugeot 406 for 11 years and it was the best car we have ever owned. Been driving since 1972 and normally run two cars, so it is quite a few. We have had the 508 for less than 2 weeks and these are the issues we are asking the Peugeot dealer to sort. 1) Fuel economy was expected to be 10% better that 408. It is 10% worse. Local driving averaging 24 mph is 44-47 per gallon with trips of approximately 15 miles. Motorway driving 51-54 mpg 2) Steering and braking is affected by camber of road. 3) Traction control didn’t stop me spinning wheels on pulling away quickly. 4) Significant delay before turbo kicks in. Makes control difficult. 5) Top line of rear window heater not working 6) iPhone playlist not working 7) No record on Peugeot website of 20000 mile service which should have been done. Watch this space for how I get on.

After taking back car under warranty this is their reply :- 1) It is a heavier car than 406 expect lower fuel economy! Local driving of 10-15 miles the fuel economy is about 40mpg!!!! 2) All car with large wheels are affected by road camber! 3) Traction and stability will not stop wheels spinning! 4) To get turbo to be more responsive stop driving for fuel economy on low revs. Need 2000 rpm plus. 5) Top line of rear heater is aerial. 6) Iphone playlist is not a fault as this is how all peugeot 508 work (or not work)! 7) Peugeot does not update website after a service it is the customer’s responsibility. It addition to the above:- 1) lack of all round visibility makes parking difficult 2) need to be very careful with contactless keys or you can get immobilised car 3) poor steering lock On the positive side the ride quality is very good - Colin Yeo from Devon

Submitted: 2012-10-07 | ID: 45404

Don Leitch, Essex

Peugeot 508 2011

I bought my ex demo car with 150 miles on the clock in Feb 2012 at 3 months old. I had a 406 diesel estate 2 litre before and I was very happy with it, so thought why not have another Pug? The dealer convinced me I would have no problem with the power output of the 1.6 engined estate after my old 2 litre estate and to be fair there is only a slight feeling of lack of get up and go when accelerating fully loaded. I put some of this down to the auto/electric gearchange being slightly slow on it’s up changes especially in the first three gears, but you soon ajust to it. It also doesn’t like reversing up steep slopes; any hesitation makes the clutch smell a little if you persist, but if you do the manouvre in one positive attempt it is ok. On a 1500 ml run to Scotland I found it brilliant to cruise on the motorway, at an indicated 75mph it will easily return high 50s to the gallon and round short runs 48+ is easily attained. It is quiet, comfortable, with a nice interior and sound system. I like its looks others say it is bland, but to date and at 3750mls I am more than pleased with it.

Submitted: 2012-06-04 | ID: 45402

Robert Pettiford, Kent

Peugeot 508 2011

I’d owned a Peugeot 607 for five years and was very impressed with the comfort and the quality of the car and level of equipment. I bought the Peugeot 508 Estate last September and have been very impressed - they’ve upped their game with quality and it’s a lovely drive, especially on long hauls. I have already done 11,000 miles and averaged over 53mpg on a long run. I can get up to 63mpg - very impressive for such a big family size car. Mine’s fitted with all the toys: satnav, bluetooth etc and a huge panoramic glass roof. I love the colour, Alpine Blue, and would recommend you to take a look. Very stylish compared to a boring Mondeo or Passat.

Submitted: 2012-05-01 | ID: 45403

• A response has been made to Colin Yeo (07/10/2012 08:28:10)

• "In order to put car into a tight garage space can the mirrors be folded from inside three car before driving in?..." (Anthony Newark, 10/09/2017 19:45:14)
  • "Hi. My air conditioning suddenly stopped working. When I press the switch, it lights up and the blower changes speed but the compressor clutch doesn'..." (Jerry, 19/07/2017 12:52:32)
  • "My display unit cuts out and goes black every 2-3 minutes, after about 20 seconds it activates and sets to a radio station and displays "Check in Pro..." (Ken, 26/06/2017 05:52:18)
  • "My media centre will not come on half the time. If it comes on its fine but when i go into a shop or stop for petrol & come back out its off & wont c..." (carl, 29/05/2017 15:46:16)
  • "My car screen is showing "electrical circuit fault have the vehicle repaired" Please let me know what fault it could be? Thanks M.A.Khokhar..." (M.A.Khokhar, 14/02/2017 21:19:58)

• Ausra's question has been answered: "Glad you fixed it Alex, I have the same problem on my 508. Could you be more specific on how to reset memory card? What you did excactly to fix the pr - Ziggy from Northamptonshire' '..." (02/06/2017 12:04:24)
  • Pat's question has been answered: "There is an alarm disable button in the central console (close to the arm rest - it is a button that looks like little radar signals inside the car, n - Ian Millington from Leicestershire' '..." (05/09/2016 09:18:54)

Peugeot 508 GT Saloon

Peugeot has facelifted the 508, giving it a fresh nose and added technology, and this GT version is the pinnacle of the range. The 508 GT is ambitious, taking on the cream of the mainstream saloon crop and even one or two of the premium brands thanks to its extensive kit list, but it’ll have to b [...]

Peugeot 508 GT Saloon

Peugeot 508 SW road test report

Peugeot has a long history of building superb estate cars and the new 508 SW does nothing but continue this tradition. It’s bigger than its predecessor, the 407, and offers a much improved drive too, so the 508 is a good deal more appealing overall. Is this enough to tempt private and business drive [...]

Peugeot 508 SW road test report

Peugeot 508 road test report

Peugeot is modest about its sales claims for the 508 as it hopes to avoid direct comparisons with the likes of the Ford Mondeo and Volkswagen Passat. The French firm mentions Audi and Mercedes in the same breath as the 508, but the reality is this family saloon must do battle with the mainstream of [...]

Peugeot 508  road test report