Peugeot Bipper Tepee consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot Bipper Tepee

Peugeot Bipper Tepee consumer reviews by year of make: 2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014

Peugeot Bipper Tepee consumer car reviews

Laura, Cornwall

Peugeot Bipper Tepee BIPPER TEPEE DIESEL ESTATE 2009 - 2014

Ok my Bipper Tepee isn`t an estate, however the option for my car is not available. I bought my car from Peugeot Direct in Falmouth Cornwall, it had a few miles on the clock as it was a demo model. I have got ECU issues, first thing that went wrong was the gear box, the garage do not have the correct software to correct the issue. The Start Stop technology does not work, this shows a warning light and a comment on the dash board. Whilst driving the whole digital display turned off for no apparent reason. It says it wants an oil change yet the service is not due for another 2500 miles? The car is still under warranty, I will be taking it back to the Peugeot garage in Helston Cornwall, however I doubt that they will be able to do anything, yet again. My partner is an auto mechanic and is of the opinion that the car is in need of a new ECU. The car has done 40,000 miles, wants another oil change, but this has to be done by a Peugeot garage, you can`t do it yourself otherwise the warning light WILL NOT turn off, yet another way of making money out of you. I am not impressed with this car. Also the driver`s side window has fallen off its runners. It has an auto box with the start stop technology which is completetly useless. Anyone got any ideas what on earth to do with this car?

Submitted: 2015-04-07 | ID: 114416

Evans, Derbyshire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee BIPPER TEPEE DIESEL ESTATE 2009 - 2014

Bought from new in 2010, now (2014) has 50,000 on clock. Until recently very pleased with all aspects. Serviced on time and each time by Peugeot dealers and little spent on it apart from new front tyres. Used for daily commute to work-daily round trip of 20 miles along country roads-and occasional trips to Wales from North Derbyshire. "One lady owner". Just out of warranty. 3 weeks ago had catastrophic engine failure on the motorway - broken timing chain!Now in dispute with Peugeot about repair/rebuit/replace and financial contribution. I certainly don't feel that a 4 year old car bought from new, receiving regular and recommended services at a Peugeot dealer should develop such a fault and I certainly don't feel I should be making a contribution to the repair. I will not be buying another Peugeot.

Submitted: 2014-11-03 | ID: 105576

Roger Cuckson, South Yorkshire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee BIPPER TEPEE DIESEL ESTATE 2009 - 2014

had my bipper over a year now, main reason for buying was its driving position, practicality(sliding doors good boot) and being a peugeotI thought that I had a good diesel, 1.4hdi, still had nearly a year left on the warranty which was just as well. Couple of weeks in problem with blue smoke on start up in the mornings, back to dealer, several times, they said perameters have been set and met but still the smoke, eventualy told thats how it is with the 1.4. Along with this a knocking on front end-- top ball joints replaced. Then another knocking on front end, this time a broken coil spring... both springs replaced. The smoking on startup gets me down but I,ve just had it tested and it passed, thanks be. No matter how I drive I can only manage 41mpg overall. To try and make things a little better with this vehicle I,ve put in a load of soundproofing in tne boot and doors and its better. The ride is a bit rough so Im going to put some softer rear springs in(-20%) this sould make for a better ride, if this works it will be a cheap fix, springs made at local firm for £80 about 1/2 hr to fit. If it doesn,t I,ll be looking for something different, pity because it ticks the boxes.... apart from the above!!!!!!

Submitted: 2014-05-30 | ID: 96552

Abi Edwards, Kent

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2010

13,000 only and needs £380.00 front suspension work. Bought car last year with 1,800 miles on clock. Spent a lot because l need a reliable car, self employed now facing big bill l can’t afford. This is a known problem, needless to say no recall. Just recalled for potential gearbox problems shame don’t do same for above. Rear boot door only half raises in wet/cold weather, have really cracked my head on it, Peugeot told me they just do that. Crap answer. Shame as could be good car if less fragile, sunscreens that worked and all the above sorted. My last Peugeot ever.

I have had the Bipper almost from new and have had no problems until now , just as mpg improved to 48mpg ! First there was a knock clunk from near side so went to Helston garage , they were a bit vague as intermittent . However a little research revealed known bush problems and strut problems , this van has had light use so I considered waiting until the next service when there started to be the same symptoms from the offside ! I am an electrical engineer with mech experience and now think both strut units faulty ! Now if you drive a motor knowing you have a fault you may be breaking the law and or invalidate the insurance ! If there are a number of failings the manufacturer must be @ fault and just as culpable surely ? Booking van for service now and hope the garage is more clued up instead of being evasive on known faults . Typical French view of take the money and distance yourself of any responsibility ? we will soon find out . I had the supplier check breaks prior to purchase as read of problems on forum . if problems encountered will buy German van as gear change not what it was either could be brilliant van otherwise . - from Cornwall

Up date o suspension problem , got advice from independent Peugeot dealer and sent to Vintec who did whole job @ great price no more knocking from shocks ! He has done many being trained by them ! - from Cornwall

Submitted: 2013-11-18 | ID: 45438

Richard Crump, Lancashire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2012

Overall I’m pleased, but the gearbox is very noisy, sometimes unbearably so. I’ve been to the Peugeot dealers, but was told it was normal! I’ve had many cars, so I know this is not normal! Very disappointed with the Peugeot dealer, I’m just being ignored!

Submitted: 2013-07-14 | ID: 45437

Jon Porter, England

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2010

I bought this car to use both for commuting and on touring holidays. It has low road tax, £30 per year, is very comfortable to drive and it is a good load carrier. The fuel consumption has been very good at 55-60 mpg on the daily commute. In 5th gear on a long run through France and Spain I found it much nicer and quieter to drive than the Mercedes C class diesel I’d hired the year before for the same trip. In just under two years I’ve driven 27,000 miles from new. It has had one service costing £280 at 24000 miles and needed two new front tyres at 18000 cost £185. A big plus is when loading bags and boxes into the back in pouring rain you’re kept dry by the upward opening tailgate. If I have a criticism it’s the door mirrors, which are a little low for me and require the addition of two clip on "blind spot" mirrors on the top of them to avoid straining my neck. It is certainly the best designed and best value car I’ve owned in the last 35 years.

Submitted: 2012-01-17 | ID: 45433

Charles Pottinger, Lancashire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2011

I got my Tepee on Mobility so I can take my portable scooter with me. I too am unable to obtain the advertised mpg. I have been informed by Peugeot’s customer service manager that these mpg figures are not their figures and are only printed in their brochures as to comply with government rules so that’s not their fault for misleading their customers. I cannot get above 41.7 mpg and it can drop to only 32 mpg if I go on long motorway journeys. During the recent cold spell the engine takes a long time to reach a running temperature. I just seem to be comming up against a brick wall when I complain to Peugeot and it seems that everyone else is to blame when it comes to complaints and Peugeot are exempt. I would not recommend Peugeot to my worst enemy.

Submitted: 2011-12-12 | ID: 45435

Lynne, Staffordshire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2010

We purchased this car new last July and from the start we have had problembs with the gearbox. It went back the day after the purchase and I explained there was fault on box, but I was told to go away as I just needed to get used to it. It took 6 months of us getting very irate with Peugot before they would even look at it. It turns out that it was a common fault with this type of gearbox and because of so many of Peugot Garages having to order the same part it would take over 1 week to fix. I was also told I would be without a car for this period. This did not go down very well with me and after getting VERY irate they agreed to loan us a car for the duration of the repair. We are still having trouble with the car with no pick up between 1st and 2nd gear and it is far too easy to knock it out of gear if you go to put the heater on. I agree about the comments about fuel consumption, which are not as good as advertised. It still refuses to go into reverse gear at times too. All in all we’re VERY disappointed with the car and Peugot dealers.

Submitted: 2011-11-24 | ID: 45434

Tony Arden, Cheshire

Peugeot Bipper Tepee 2010

I am still trying to get the advertised town fuel consumption of 50mpg, never mind the 64mpg combined and certainly only half of the 74mpg stated in every every perfomance test I have read. Since I have had it the average I have been getting is 44.9mpg and I have been driving looking at the instant consumption and keeping it to show around 60 to 99.9 mpg on the read out, but when I check on the average read out each time I fill up and I work it out from the fuel I’ve put in I get 44.9mpg. Because of this I am not very happy with the car.

Submitted: 2011-11-19 | ID: 45436

• A response has been made to Abi Edwards (12/07/2015 21:34:23)

• keith plumbley's question has been answered: "I too have just started to have knocking which sounds it's like from the dashboard or left front, did you manage to find the problem, it's not constan - Debbie from Warwickshire' '..." (03/02/2016 19:23:59)
  • Gennady's question has been answered: "I suspect you do lots of short journeys? I try to drive with this off around town as I find it annoying but use it for long journeys. I had the same p - sally writer from West Sussex' '..." (01/03/2015 23:59:51)

Renault Megane