Peugeot Partner Combi consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot Partner Combi

Peugeot Partner Combi consumer reviews by year of make: 2002  2003  2005  2006  2007  2011

Peugeot Partner Combi consumer car reviews

Julie Harrison, Sussex

Peugeot Partner Combi 2005

This vehicle is everything I’d hoped for and much more! A rugged work horse that looks like a van with windows. It drives like a 4 x 4, can handle unmade roads, mud, glide over flooded roads, has space in bucketloads and can be driven with passengers or converted easily into an all rounder van for carrying anything from a settee to a double bed. It can carry all the equipment needed for most businesses from window cleaner to landscape gardener, taxi, bootsale vehicle, camping vehicle (that you can actually sit in with the roof up when raining and fish or just picnic whatever!) and is perfect for carrying dogs or several of them in separate cages. It’s fine on long journeys although does have slightly high pedals, but a feeling of being higher up and 3d large windows makes you feel safer. It takes a while to learn to park it as it has a big square high backend, but otherwise a totally or should I say "totemly" brilliant allrounder. I have the 1.4 petrol version and although some say they are not so nippy I find this car does the job, plus with diesel prices rising sharply I am so glad I got myself a petrol version, though no doubt that is set to rise this year too. It handles well, feels safe and is apparently getting more and more popular with many for its flexibility and is great for one man bands starting a business.

Submitted: 2012-03-02 | ID: 45673

Jane, Derbyshire

Peugeot Partner Combi 2011

I just love my Peugeot partner, if I’m describing its assets to anyone you would think I’m a sales person. After driving a car with sliding doors I cannot see why all cars are not fitted with them? They are surely a must for people with children and are oh so practical when loading in a parking space. My previous car was a brand new 2 door Yaris bought whilst thinking as it was just for me I would not need anything bigger (I had aways driven a hatch back /estate), how very wrong I was. I could hardly carry a thing, even on a weeked trip the back seat would have to be moved. In the Partner all those lovely compartments are heaven, I have things stored everywhere!! I have to confess that when I recused a kitten that fell from a passing car into the road in front of me, in a moment of "ok but where do I now put him whilst I drive home" the storage compartments flashed through my mind !!! But I digress. I also love that the hatch lifts up creating a canopy when sat on the equally lovely FLAT rear storage, which enables me to change my walking boots in comfort, eat and drink drily on return from a walk. My side pockets and drop down top box are large enough to house an array of clothing and co-ordinating umberlas!! I also rubber neck at skips and I have had in 3 solid pine wooden doors rescued from the road side !!! I like the high spacious seating and when the time comes I’ll be able to carry my electric scooter. This is the best car I have ever had. My only negatives is that on some occasions I feel the back seat split would be better with the single behind the driving seat, it gives somewhere for a friend to sit when I aquire a long object to carry. Also it may be me but I can’t make a flat area lowering the front seat ... it would prob benefit from folding forward on itself.

Submitted: 2011-12-31 | ID: 45674

John and Carol Down, Kent

Peugeot Partner Combi 2003

Fantastic, fun forty thousand miles with no problems, touch wood.

Submitted: 2011-01-31 | ID: 45672

Douglas Newlands, Ayrshire

Peugeot Partner Combi 2005

A quite superb and versatile vehicle. I previously had a small, 4x4 jeep which I chose because of where we live - our difficult access, rough roads and winter snow (also my love of outdoor activities in remote places). The Partner, which I purchased from a small local outlet in 2007, with just under 9,000 miles on the clock, matches and indeed surpasses my previous vehicle in terms of performance and capability in some of the aforementioned areas. On the road, she affords the performance and handling of a large road car... no roll on bends and a tidy, but sensible turn of speed. I feel safely cocooned in her and my many passengers have remarked similarly. I no longer suffer unwanted aches and pains on my journeys to Brunton Park, Carlisle. Even longer journeys have been similarly untroubled. The accommodation is spacious, the seating is comfortable and there are more features and add-ons than I really require. The load-carrying capacity is mightily impressive and very rarely have I had to tilt the rear seats forward and only then, due to unusually bulky loads. I can load a mass of tackle and fishing gear in the back and long beach rods just disappear into the cabin, without becoming obtrusive. Image?.. well, as the reviewer from Renfrewshire so aptly put it, I equally couldn’t care less about what other people think. In fact, most people have remarked at what a surprisingly good vehicle this is, having experienced what she has to offer. I now wish I’d had one years ago and I would have by now pocketed an impressive sum previously spent on repairs and breakdowns.

Just got a Partner Combi, very pleased with it, especially the economy and the performance. To compare it to a 4x4 of road is ridiculous however. Off road, on a scale of 1 to 10, a Partner would score 2 out of 10, while a civilised 4x4 would get 7 or 8 out of 10. A Defender would be off the scale! From an ex off road instructor - Tony Vangrove from Yorkshire

........mmmm.......when I mentioned a 4X4, I was talking about a Vitara. I liked this little car a lot and had lots of adventures driving her, on and off road. The sorry aspects were the expense and the fact that in reverse?........well, whatever happened to four-wheel drive in that instance? O.K., it was a Vitara, but up here in the hills in the last severe Winter, I only once failed to make it home in my Partner and only then due to four feet of banked snow. Within the same period, my neighbour suffered the inconvenience and expense arising from having come unstuck in both his Range Rover and Defender 110. Big beasts, but overly heavy and incidentally, my neighbour is ex-special forces and highly trained in both wheeled and tracked vehicles. I took some off-road driving instruction myself, some years ago and my instructor was pretty good at that. I’m still unimpressed about the capabilities of the much vaunted 4X4 genre though. Also intrigued that you bought a Partner, rather than an over-rated, gas guzzler - Douglas Newlands from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2009-10-21 | ID: 45669

Gordon Russell, Cambridgeshire

Peugeot Partner Combi 2006

Fantastic utility vehicle. Good fuel consumption from the 1600 hdi engine. I think this vehicle is great value for money - I have owned Citroen and Nissan vehicles and this beats them hands down.

Submitted: 2009-04-24 | ID: 45678

Bill Ryding, Renfrewshire

Peugeot Partner Combi 2002

As soon as I saw it I fell in love with it. I have helped my son move flat three times. I have collected a washing machine and a fridge from Asda. I have driven 400 miles and not felt tired. It drives beautifully and the high position is perfect. It is very reliable and economical to run. Because it is a diesel the mileage does not really matter. Buy one of these and service it regularly and you will get 250k easily. It is practical and apparently as ugly as sin . I like it because it kind of says that I do not give a toss. I drove a medium sized car the other day and it was a terrible experience. Keep it nice and ignore the critics - you will always get a private buyer and a stack of your cash back --- keep it nice though.

Submitted: 2008-04-28 | ID: 45677

M W, England

Peugeot Partner Combi 2007

Fun to drive, practical, economical & very robust. The makeover in terms of light grills, under body engine protection & highered & refined suspension is great. Not only looks tough but is car park friendly & smacks of an offroader. Superb value for money retails at 12062 but haggling gets it under £10k!! These cars are far more likely to become sought after than its more feminine looking cousin, the Berlingo.

Submitted: 2008-01-03 | ID: 45675

Louis Taylor, Middlesex

Peugeot Partner Combi 2007

Fabulously practical car. Great for ferrying the kids around and brilliant for piling in stock for car boot sales, which my wife and I do every Sunday. Very good and easy to drive and nice and easy on fuel too. Nice big windows mean that visibilty is excellent and you can seat 5 adults comfortably. The interior does look a bit plasticy and there’s no getting away from the van shape design. Looks aren’t this cars strong point but if you can overlook them then this is a wonderfully flexible vehicle.

Submitted: 2007-10-27 | ID: 45676

• sandie's question has been answered: "Go to Youtube, enter the search term 'Peugeot Partner headlight replacement' and watch the video. - Mick from Portugal' '..." (04/03/2017 15:32:36)
  • Katie moore's question has been answered: "hi no you dont have to cut the seat Katie, had the same problem? when i contacted Peugeot they said at the rear of the set there is a metal plate, on - James from Wrexham' '..." (24/08/2016 17:33:22)

Renault Megane