2009 Partner Tepee reviews

22 September 2017

2009 Peugeot Partner Tepee reviews

Peugeot Partner Tepee reviews by year of make: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Read all reviews

Roger Mew, France

Peugeot Partner Tepee PARTNER TEPEE DIESEL ESTATE 2008 - 2015

I have 3 real niggles, You really need to drive it to get anywhere, my Peugeot expert is better... at everything and it has done 1/4 million kilometers. So the Partner, rear suspension does not! wife and I it is OK, Put 3 kids in the back and it bottoms out. It is on a 5 year warranty. The cabin is such that after 10 minutes I stuck bits of carpet on engine bulk head and door as they were causing my knees grief! The seat for the driver is NOT comfortable, I have resorted to putting a chair squab on the seat to sit on as with the poor seat comfort and the crashing out suspension I have more comfort in my 1969 Land Rover!!!I have no option as I am tall and most smaller vehicles require me to cut a hole in the roof or stick my head out of the window, my next vehicle will probably be a restored Morris Minor. Would I buy another...NO If you get one negotiate a 5 year warranty. Oh also check tyre size, vehicles with 255 z 16 tyres only get about 25000 klms each at €140. Change wheels and tyres for 205 x 15 and fit truck tyres eg GT maxmiler and get about 85,000 to 100,000 klms for about €90. Just a stupid thing, I inadvertently put my trailer on the back and it had about 100kg lift, yes I know it was wrong but options I did not have. The suspension was now very good.

Submitted: 2017-08-30 | ID: 143385

n.smith, Essex

Peugeot Partner Tepee PARTNER TEPEE DIESEL ESTATE 2008 - 2015

2014 1.6 hdi model, low mileage. I have a sound which I thought was a loose exhaust. noticeable when accelerating up through the gears. Took it back to the dealers, a journey of about 15 miles on a hot day. By the time I got there this annoying noise had all but disappeared, and the car was more of a pleasure to drive. I was told it was not an exhaust problem but 'injector detonation noise' and is common on this type of engine. It will disappear when the engine is warmed up. I was further told that enhanced fuels...ie BP ultimate/Shell v power may reduce the 'problem'. Rather disappointed to be honest because the noise is annoying me ! I don't remember it from the test drive either .......mmmmm.......... car warmed up before I wonder?

Submitted: 2016-05-07 | ID: 131276

Philip Elliot, England

Peugeot Partner Tepee 2009

I’ve had my Teepee from new, since October 2009 and it has not been a pleasant experience. On the plus side the car was cheap and is very practical with loads of space and storage. It’s also pretty economical for such a big vehicle. Steady driving on the motorway will get you 50+ MPG. From purchase my car suffered from rear end vibration. The dealer identified a loose floor(!) and tried to charge for repairs when the vehicle was only a matter of months old. The ride quality never seemed right and deteriorated to a point where it was appalling. When cold the car had a pronounced clunk from the front suspension and potholes made the whole vehicle shudder. After about a year it went back to the dealers to have the front suspension jaws replaced and they also mentioned another fix, which involved greasing the engine mounts. The new jaws improved things but the road noise and ride quality has steadily become worse. We have had a prominent screech when the car slows down for a long time now plus a steady background rumble and the clunk remains (although nowhere near as frequent or noisy as before). The dealer checked the wheel bearings, but could not find a problem. When I asked about the engine mount fix they said this was not needed. The car only has 15k miles and is mainly used at weekends on motorway journeys so the problems are all the more disappointing. I can’t complain about how the dealer has treated me as such (I should have complained a lot more), but at the same time I don’t feel confident in them. I intend to get the vehicle independently inspected before the warranty ends. I would never buy a Peugeot again and will go back to Toyota or VW. I have a 7 year old Corolla, which feels like a limousine after driving the Teepee. As a final note, my father-in-law has had a Teepee since 2011. He had an earlier Partner Combi, which was okay, so he fancied another. I’ve driven this and whilst it rides much better than mine I would still say the ride quality and noise levels are not that great.

Take it to another dealer, also contact peugeot UK. If you take the car to a couple of different dealers then the Dealers "get the hint". We had a problem with our Expert so took it to another agent and the problem was fixed for pence not mega pounds. We also had problems whilst under warranty so took it to a UK dealer. He found the fault and the French agent (we live in France) had no option but to fix the car. - Roger Mew from France

Submitted: 2012-05-16 | ID: 45686