ROVER

Select a model

ROVER questions and answers: find help and give advice

Ask and answer questions on a variety of ROVER models. Help and advice on everything ROVER. Feel free to ask and answer as many ROVER-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest ROVER questions answered by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer yourself simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, simply click on the link below.

Joseph Welch, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Rover 75 2001

I purchased my Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT 1951cc auto with 37,000 miles in September ’09. I have had trouble free motoring for the last 10,000 miles, but the problem I have now is the car starts and runs okay, but after a short distance, it cuts out. I can coast to a stop, put it in park and restart and it will go again for a short distance before cutting out again. There are some odd things happening with the electrics, the sat-nav disc keeps popping out. When locking the car, the driver’s seat will move to a different postion, sometimes when removing the ignition key, the alarm will sound. I can also have quite a shock when exiting the car and shutting the door. Is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem? Can you help?

I had not the same problems but similar and in the end, I was told the battery terminals on the 75 are a funny shape and you may find that if you go over potholes or sleeping policeman, it cuts out. So you have to undo your terminals, tap them gently down to bed in with a toffee hammer, then while holding them down, tighten with a small ratchet - not a spanner though because that twists them round. The other symptom is that your windscreen wipers come on when you first start your car and they are in the off position. Again in the fuse box under the bonnet, ensure all the relays are pushed in properly and are flat because as they get older they pop out... Chris H from Sussex

Submitted: 03/05/2011 09:20:08 | ID: 69311

Reg Clayton, Nottinghamshire

Rover 75 2000

Can anyone tell me the cost of road tax on a Rover 75 1.8, year 2000? Thanks.

If you visit dvla.gov/vehicle enquiry, put in your make and reg, it will give you for free the road tax details and if it is SORN’d, I would imagine it’s the same as my diesel at £220 per year Peter Alty from Lancashire

Submitted: 16/02/2012 10:27:31 | ID: 80702