VOLVO

Select a model

VOLVO questions and answers: find help and give advice

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLVO models. Help and advice on everything VOLVO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLVO-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLVO questions answered by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer yourself simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, simply click on the link below.

Martin Doran, County Down

Volvo S40 2002

My car sometimes slows down and won’t go over two and a half thousand revs! If I stop my car, it will be OK for a while and then this will happen when I am driving at 50 or 60 miles a hour. I hope it is nothing major but think it is? Can anybody advise/help?

I test drove an 2006 S40 yesterday. It did the same thing you have described, when I pushed it just a little. When the showroom guy drove it there appeared to be no fault. I am still considering buying the car depending on what this fault is and how easily it is fixed. It would be great if you could e-mail me and tell me what was the result with your car!! jacobshephard[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk Jacob Shephard from Lincolnshire

It is very possible that the EGR (exhaust gas return) valve is sticking. If you buy this part from a main dealer, expect to pay up to £200. I got one for my car from a company called GSF car parts and got it for £40 Kevin Mahoney from England

Submitted: 27/09/2010 10:30:22 | ID: 76948