Audi A4 Saloon consumer car reviews and road tests

Audi A4 Saloon consumer reviews by year of make: 1997  2004  2005  2007  2008

Audi A4 Saloon consumer car reviews

S B, Warwickshire

Audi A4 Saloon Tdi Sport Avant 2004

Excellent build quality. It’s like going to the supermarket and buying branded goods rather then value goods. Impressive drive, handling economy and looks. I love it, getting another Audi now.

Submitted: 2011-05-10 | ID: 36461

Paul Parham, Dorset

Audi A4 Saloon 1.9 Tdi Se 2004

This is a fantastic car, loads of torque for enjoyable driving, brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. Going down to Cornwall, it spends most of the time in sixth gear as has plenty of torque to pull even at 40mph, I would only change it for a newer version!

Submitted: 2011-05-10 | ID: 36460

Jag, Staffordshire

Audi A4 Saloon TDI SE 143 6SP 2008

The new shape (2008) took some getting used to after the georgous pre-08 facelift, but it’s grown on me. The only aspect of the car I can fault is that it sometimes attracts unwanted attention. This car gives you a real sense of importance - a great road presence. The list of gadgets is endless, seems like forever between filling up and it handles like a dream although I can see what critics mean when they slate the ride comfort. I wouldn’t dream of anything other than a German motor. They’re just so well made and durable. Most hold their value incredibly well and I can’t remember seeing too many broken down at the side of a road. Has to be one of the best every day cars around.

Submitted: 2010-11-02 | ID: 36462

Rob, Middlesex

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TDI 170 SE 2008

This is a very desirable car. The tell tale rattle of the previous 2.0 litre diesel has been given the boot. Inside it’s all about comfort with a good dose of luxury e.g. auto rain wipers and lights. These probably sound like gimmicks but they are good ones! In the back you can keep the kids super cool with the air con thanks to vents in the side pillars as well as in the back of the centre console. With the integrated Sat Nav the radio/CD is automatically muted when it speaks, another nice touch. The car itelf is pretty quick and surprisingly agile for its size and with the multitronic gearbox, it is effortless driving all the way.

Submitted: 2010-09-04 | ID: 36463

Ray Bell, Cheshire

Audi A4 Saloon 2.6 SE 1997

Understated but purposeful looks and built-in longevity. Fantastic V6 runs like the day it was first started and all for less than £1K.

Submitted: 2010-03-22 | ID: 36459

Christopher, Northern Ireland

Audi A4 Saloon 2008

The A4 has a perceived reputation for reliability but to date my experience hasn’t lived up to this. The turbocharger and climate control have required replacing all under warranty. The ride is my other bug bear......why does it have to be so hard. A4’s spend most of their lives on motorways and towns not country lanes.

Submitted: 2008-10-06 | ID: 36471

Robert Barrie, Worcestershire

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TDI SE 2008

The engine is powerful and the ride is poised, gripping the road well. If gadgets appeal to you then this may just be your dream car - I only know how to use about 10% of the cars features, I just don’t have the time to learn about everything that the A4 offers. I had heard that wind noise was an issue with some A4’s but this is something that I have not encountered at all. It is a very striking-looking car and it receives more than its fair share of admiring glances - far more than the driver does. This is as safe as a car can get, 6 airbags and stability control as standard. I went for the optional rear side airbags plus the lane departure and blind-spot warning systems. The safety of my family does not have a price associated to it.

Submitted: 2008-05-01 | ID: 36470

Dave Milner, Yorkshire

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 litre diesel 2005

Big, square, boxy, angular, basic looking, not very aesthetically pleasing, cubic, first impressions walking up to the second hand Audi A4 that my brother has just bought, (idiot in my opinion). Let’s start with the drivers seat, big, square, boxy, getting the message? Now i aint one to hammer the German marque that has stood out over these past few years as the only real option to the other German Marque, (B.M.W 3 series), just because i am not really keen on these A4 cars, does not mean that i should put people off buying one. The latest version of the model is actually quite different, (at least that is what they would have us believe), but again, the boxy shape of these sledge hammers is still ever so evident, even in the 21st century called 2008! The drive was average, the pull on overtaking was o.k., and the cornering on the back roads around Withernsea was adequate, without being scary. Comfortable enough for five people and fuel efficiency is impressive. These A4’s are everything Mr Average, who likes to live life to the empty, need to wet their appetites. If you are looking for something a bit more brash and prattish, then go for the 3 x series or the Alfa 157, otherwise stay as square as you want to be and pick up an A4...

Submitted: 2008-01-09 | ID: 36464

Helen Woodhouse, Selkirkshire

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line 2007

The Audi A4 is a fantastic car, holds its residual well and is practical, spacious and comfortable to drive. I was very impressed.

Submitted: 2007-11-02 | ID: 36465

Tim Harwood, Isle of Anglesey

Audi A4 Saloon 2007

I had an Audi A4 for 2 years and was a great car to drive. It was reliable and consistent, great on fuel and looked good. Certainly a head turner when clean with my James Blunt album turned up and the window down. I almost cried when I had to give it back when changing jobs. I have an A3 now which is great but the A4 is more suited to my executive lifestyle.

Submitted: 2007-10-25 | ID: 36467

Steve Robertson, Hertfordshire

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TDi 2007

Fabulous quality family saloon with a powerful diesel engine. No problems or niggles. I chose the 2 litre diesel because of the excellent residual value, hence very reasonable car leasing prices.

Submitted: 2007-10-24 | ID: 36466

Michelle Eastling, Buckinghamshire

Audi A4 Saloon Audi A42.7Tdi 2007

It was my husband who talked me into getting this car and I have to say I’m very pleased I listened to him (yes we do sometimes). I get through a heck of a lot of mileage a month as a medical sales rep and needed a car that was going to be able to give me the boot room I needed for all my samples whilst giving me comfort as I spend 60% of my working week actually driving to appointments, but still give me a car that would be practical for a mum of two young teenage girls who want to be driven everywhere at weekends. So far, I’ve had only pleasurable motoring from this car and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for something that looks fantastic but won’t break the bank to buy or run.

Submitted: 2007-08-07 | ID: 36468

Iain, County Down

Audi A4 Saloon 2007

My 1.8 TDI has been been perfect for getting me from A-B. The car has required very little up-keep and is solid, reliable, everything you would expect from an Audi.

Submitted: 2007-07-24 | ID: 36469

Audi A4 Saloon

2.0 TDIe 163PS SE - Audi’s ubiquitous A4 has been around since the mid ‘90s with over 430,000 sold in the UK. March 2012 saw the current fourth-generation A4 go on sale with styling enhancements and efficiency improvements to maintain competitiveness with its lifelong Teutonic rivals, the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-cl [...]

Road Test Reports Says 3.5 star ratingFull Report
An image of the Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe 163PS SE

Audi A4 Saloon

2.0 TDi SE - The new Audi A4 2.0 TDi SE is a fabulous car. It has class, style and power. Bigger and more stylish than its predecessor, the improved Audi A4 gives the BMW 3-Series some tough competition.

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report