Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet consumer car reviews and road tests

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet consumer reviews by year of make: 2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet consumer car reviews

Keith Warnell, Hertfordshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 2007

Bought and used on company business so I could get some sun while out and about. 132,000 miles and never gone wrong apart from a headrail seal replaced FOC by Ford, there was a recall apparently. Reasonable economy of 37-43 mpg from 2.0 petrol, but suffers round town a bit due to weight. Not the fastest thing on the road, but adequate and no 4 seat convertible is a sports car! Handles well as it actually has ST suspension as standard. Huge boot which swallows everything needed in normal life. I now have a Saab 9-3 diesel (but stlll have the focus to sell in spring) and the boot is nowhere near as good and has less features as standard. I may sell the Saab and have the CC3 "refurbished" as it has no peer in my view!

Submitted: 2014-01-16 | ID: 40011

Angela Sherman, Northamptonshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC2 2009

It is a nice car to drive and looks good with sheepskin covers on it. I cannot get used to the very high break level as I am not a very tall person and have to lift my leg up every time I brake. It is an automatic. The Ford garage said they are made like this on purpose and cannot be altered. When I can afford to get rid of it I shall.

Submitted: 2012-11-25 | ID: 40008

Steve Fowler, Kent

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2007

I swapped my Focus ST for my Focus CC3 and it was the best move I have made. It has good all round performance, style and looks. I’ve had no problems with leaks, it’s just good fun to drive more so in summer. Loads of fun, well done Ford. Top car!

Submitted: 2012-09-15 | ID: 40010

Andrew Duncan, Lancashire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 2010

I’m surprised at some of the very negative reviews. All I can say is that having now had TWO CCS Cabriolets that they have been the two best cars I have had in 35 years of driving. The roofs have been absolutely brilliant, people love to watch it open or close (which makes me chuckle, but embarrassed) and both roofs have been absolutely trouble free. No leaks or noise problems. Very nice to handle, steering is light to the touch and responsive. The automatic gearbox is very smooth and easy to use. Nice Sony entertainment system with iPod connectivity as well as voice control. All round fun cars.

Submitted: 2012-04-30 | ID: 40009

William Starr, Wallis and Futuna Islands

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2 2011

It is ugly and not a cool car.

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 40006

Paul Carey, Hampshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 2009

We have 2009 cc3, all I can say is fantastic car. We drove through to Italy and loved every mile of the drive, after 10 hours driving got out as refreshed as when I got in. Our roof does not leak but water is getting into the boot so this is going to be looked at. The boot space is by far the biggest out of all the cabriolets I looked at, even with the roof in it. As for the niggles comments I don’t think he was awake when he tested the car. If you want a great cabriolet buy one of these Fords.

Submitted: 2010-10-01 | ID: 40007

Julia, Hampshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2007

I’ve had this car 3 years in August, when I’m due to change it. I’ve had nothing but trouble with the roof, leaking loads, been back to the garage 4 times, the last time it was in for 3 months as they couldn’t source the parts from Europe. In the meanwhile my courtesy car from fords was a Ka, so not impressed with that. Fords customer care has been shocking all the way through, My whole interior had to be replaced and all the seats as we had heavy rain for a week and the leak was so bad. I’m so disappointed as I was so looking forward to this car, the leak has been fixed but that’s been replaced now with the "creaky" roof that others have mentioned, a car 2 1/2 years old shouldn’t be like this, again Ford’s not keen to help remedy this problem. The only bonus for me on this occasion is that we’ve leased this car and it goes back in September....cant wait!!! I shall be reviewing and reading motor report via here before I order my next car!!!<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-05-19 | ID: 40005

Gary Speirs, Sussex

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC-3 2007

I’ve been driving my CC-3 for almost 2 years since new. Its fun, a smooth drive, a huge boot and a great drive. With the roof up or down, it feels like a real man’s car - solid, reliable and sexy.... No real complaints at all - and I don’t understand some so-called experts criticisms about its rear end - the shape gives the car a continental coupe image and it provides an amazing boot space, with or without the roof... I am convinced that when I am ready to replace this car, I will go for a newer model of the same - the first time I have ever done that - I love it - pure and simple!

Submitted: 2009-09-23 | ID: 40004

David, Essex

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 2008

Traded our 06 Focus Titanium in for a 58 plate CC3 at our local Ford dealership (Rates) on Saturday morning... it broke down on Sunday afternoon with total loss of power steering making navigating the extremely narrow winding roads we were on very hazardous! I phoned Rates who said bring it in to servicing. Monday, got in it today and it is driving like a dream again, I don’t really know what to do about it now! If I take it in to Rates from past experience they won’t find any fault until it is out of warranty anyway. Other than that I Love the car - just hate Ford Motor Company. Ashamed to say I worked for them for 18 years.

Submitted: 2009-09-23 | ID: 40003

Jamie McMullan, Essex

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC2 2009

Leased my CC2 in January and have enjoyed driving it ever since, although it would be better with a more powerful engine than the 2.0 litre petrol, perhaps the ST 2.5 would be a consideration. Ford have designed a very comfortable, spacious and fun car. The wind breaker is superb and I have had my roof down now for the past 2 months. Can’t really complain about much for the money. The electric roof is very efficient, and the boot space superb. Will certainly be looking to lease another one at the end of the 2 year term. Great website by the way.

Submitted: 2009-07-13 | ID: 40015

Keith, Lancashire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2008

After reading reports on the leaking roof up to the 2008 model... I was wondering... has the leak on the newest models been sorted as I am thinking of buying one?

My ex-girlfriend’s on her CC3 leaked at the first sign of rain plus the gear selector gave up the ghost - Brian Russell from Kent

Submitted: 2009-03-26 | ID: 40012

Sue Andrews, Essex

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 TDCi 2008

I have owned my CC3 since October 2008, very pleased with the car, handles beautifully, there have been no leaks on my car to date. If you are thinking of buying, you run the risk of leaking (haven’t had the roof down yet though, although I know of later CC’s that leak). If you are considering buying one, parking sensors are a must as you cant see much out the rear window. Boot space is more than adequate, I can get two weeks worth of shopping in. I’ve put 18" Alloys on, the only downside is I get a little road noise between 40-65mph but I’m getting used to it now, just turn the radio up!! The car has adequate space inside as well, I would liken it to a Mondeo, its much more roomier than my husbands MK1 Focus, seats are comfortable (mine are leather), voice control button is a bit of a waste of time though, time you tell the computer what to do, you could have done it 20 seconds earlier by pressing a button!

Submitted: 2009-03-03 | ID: 40014

Geoffrey Collett, Flintshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC2 2008

The car performs perfectly. All the features work. It handles well and fulfils all the manufacturers claims. Seats are comfortable. Space is good at front and adequate in rear. Only slight problem is judging distance behind car when reversing but this is just a matter of getting used to size of boot. Fuel consumption for 2litre car is satisfactory. It has all the advantages of a two seater sports car with the added bonus of additional storage space or space for two extra passengers.

Submitted: 2008-11-03 | ID: 40016

Lisa Hall, Lancashire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet cc3 2 litre diesel 2008

We bought a cc3 2 litre diesel in march 2008 and since then it has been to the garage 6 times to have the leak repaired and guess what? It’s leaking yet again and that’s not even mentioning the creaking roof. With Ford being as big a company that it is I expected this to be resolved quite quickly but no; I’ve been passed from pillar to post and now that we want to reject the car they are saying we’ve got no right to do that but when they took £20,000 of our money for a car that is as defective as it is I think we’ve got every right; it’s a good job we have got leather seats or my upholstery would be destroyed by now and my car would stink. Overall though; if anyone asked me would I recommend the car I’d still say definitely NO - NO! I think they should just give up with these cars and scrap the lot and try again.

Submitted: 2008-10-23 | ID: 40017

Joaquin Perez, London

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet Titanium Diesel 2008

I bought this car in Spain at the beginning of 2008 and in my opinion it is fantastic. Beautiful, good fuel economy, easy to drive, brilliant roof and good inside details. I definitely recommend this gorgeous car.

Submitted: 2008-07-17 | ID: 40019

Ivor Bennett, Essex

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet CC3 2007

We took delivery of CC3 on 26 Sept 2007, the car of our dreams, after years of Focuses and Mondeos.The weather for the first couple of weeks was fabulous, and driving was a great time. Then the weather broke, and it hammered down, and in. The car went back to Dealer, and to give them their due, they tried everything to cure leaks, eventually the car went back again to dealer in Feb. 2008 and there it stayed until end of May when Ford agreed to buy car back. We were offered a replacement CC3, but Ford said that they would not offer to warranty the roof against leaks. In its favour the car drove extremely well, the level of trim was very good and we took car for two trips to France touring Normandy each time and it ran fantastic.

Submitted: 2008-06-03 | ID: 40021

Mathew Morris, Derbyshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2008

Having read ’Nigel’s’ summary I really wasn’t sure he had tested the right car....it seems to me the way his report was written was so we could all admire his literary talents rather than an assessment of a motor vehicle. Having tested the entire range I opted for the CC3 2 litre petrol manual version and have never been happier with a convertible. For the price the quality is superb and the car always gathers an admiring crowd when left parked whether the roof be down or up. I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone considering buying and would also suggest Nigel gives up the pizzas and starts consuming humble pie instead.

Submitted: 2008-06-02 | ID: 40020

Nigel, Cheshire

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2.0 Automatic 2008

When this car arrived I was initially mistaken that the front was the back, the bonnet measures 2’6" whilst the boot, although unmeasured (I only had my wifes sewing kit tape, and it wasn’t long enough), looked to be approx 12". I decided to take my eldest son with me, I opened the door, worked the mechanism for the seat to come forward, so he could get in the back, I nearly lost my thumb as the seat shot forward with all the force of a blunder bus propelling forward at an alarming rate, almost like an ejector seat facing the wrong way. The sculptured seat was better suited to the catwalk, not in style, simply was built for a size zero. I decided we would go to Tesco, the roof release was easy to operate, all I can say is , its a good job its 24 hour opening, that said we were on our way. The Auto box seemed to be straight from an 81 on the W Volvo 343 GL. The gear change was as seamless as Doctor Frankensteins stitching, I was left wondering whether the seat forward mechanism was also part of the gear box as it had the same motion, Like a giant elastic band. We did our shop, returned to the car, I went to put the shopping in the boot, luckily for us Geoff Capes was loading his car next to us and helped raise the boot lid as it was like raising a double up and over garage door with a faulty mechanism, I couldn’t help wondering if they had used the seat mechanism on it I could have loaded the lid and fired the shopping home, yet incredibly for space because of the roof, you have to squash all your shopping into a 6" void. This would be an ideal pizza delivery vehicle as we thought we could probably get 22, 15" pepperoni in their. I can not determine fuel economy as I never went out in it again, as I was being treated for minor whiplash

Submitted: 2008-03-27 | ID: 40018

KELLY KIRKBRIDE, England

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2006

THIS IS A SUPER CAR GREAT MILES TO THE GALLON LOVELY TO DRIVE GREAT INSIDE DETAIL. COULD NOT GET A BETTER CAR THEN THIS SUPER....

Submitted: 2008-01-28 | ID: 40022

Matthew Hall, Norfolk

Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet 2007

Fab car. This is a brilliant entry for Ford into the Coupe-carbriolet market. Good fuel econmoy and lovely to drive.

Submitted: 2007-11-14 | ID: 40023

• A response has been made to Keith (26/03/2009 10:12:49)

• "My Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet is suffering clean water under the driver`s carpet, felt by putting my hand into the VIN slot in the carpet. It`s in th..." (Mike, 07/04/2014 08:51:51)
  • "I have a Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet and can`t open the electric roof. I had no problems with the car last year. I tried to open the roof and nothing,..." (Mark Williams, 01/04/2014 12:16:52)
  • "My fob operates the doors of my Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet but my driver`s side handle will not open the door. I have to open it by reaching in from ..." (Brian Dawson, 17/03/2014 11:26:59)
  • "The traction control light on the dashboard of my Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet stays on. I have no switch in the car to turn it on and off but yesterda..." (Deborah Neal, 30/01/2014 12:39:49)
  • "I cannot open the boot of my Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet by the press button catch or by the key fob. I can hear a clicking sound when using the fob b..." (Barry Edward, 13/01/2014 11:40:56)

• Mike's question has been answered: "There was a Ford recall on this problem and I heard Fords were actually buying these cars back because they couldn't cure the problem but that long si - martin from Essex' '..." (23/04/2014 18:07:57)
  • Sharon King's question has been answered: "i had same problem, fords cleaned and silicon lubricated rubbers that seal boot lid also clearing little drain holes each side, lubricant is vital to - Mike from Essex' '..." (12/04/2014 07:11:58)

Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet