Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC consumer car reviews and road tests

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC consumer reviews by year of make: 2006  2007  2008  2009

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC consumer car reviews

Marie, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

Great to look at but perfectly impractical!! I bought this car with just 100 miles on the clock. The first week I had it a fellow CZC owner approached me at the petrol station asking "do you have problems with the windows getting stuck down on yours after having the roof down?" I replied "not as of yet!" Soon after the problems began. After having the roof down I’d put the roof back up and one of the windows (always a different one each time) would get stuck down. And when you are putting your roof up due to rain, this is a real pain! Another problem is the boot; my boot got stuck one day, as I went to open it to get my shopping out, the boot would only lift up a few centimeters, it was clear that of I tried to force this it would damage the hinges. Therefore I had no option but to take it to the Mitsubishi garage. When taking it I was told they had to programme it to their computer to find the fault, following this I was told it was going to cost me £800 to have this repaired, even though it was nothing I had done to it, it was a fault of the car and I had to pay, or the only alternative was to leave it and have my boot out of use! Pretty pointless when you have a convertible! Anyway after years of shock relating to the quote for the fix I returned home to begin wondering how I was going to raise the money to get it fixed! A few days later I was telling a friend who is a back street garage mechanic and he said he would take a look. Five minutes later he came into the house and said he’d fixed my boot and now it works! I couldn’t beleive it. He said the fuse had gone, which operates the boot! You can imagine my response. And Mitsubishi wanted £800 for the problem, which they diagnosed! Leaking: This car constantly leaks in the passenger side foot well and in the boot, after heavy rain there is literally a puddle! It seems to come in from underneath the car and not the roof where you would expect it to leak from! Again this has never been correctly diagnosed or fixed! Currently my car is out of use due to all the heavy rain, it’s just full of water! Another problem is in the winter only, when I use the key fob to unlock the car the boot opens of it’s own accord! Every winter this has happened so I assume it’s do to with the cold! Again though a real pain! All in all this car is great fun in a summer day for a day out, big so practical for full time use, it’s tiny so unless you have small children to put in the back, you may aswell have a two seater! The roof rattles constantly when driving and is generally a very noisy car, you can barely hear the radio when on the motorway. If you can afford to have a spare car for summer then have one, otherwise do not purchase one of these. I paid £14000 for mine and have just had it valued at £1500. Ridiculous!

Submitted: 2014-02-16 | ID: 43483

Kat, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC CZC Turbo 2006

Had my car since October, which replaced a 4x4, love it. It handles well land I love the turbo. It’s fun to drive with no leaks, but the passenger window drops on occassions, which drives me nuts. Oh, one concern is both the front seat belts have a scored marked down through the middle, which I hope won’t effect it’s MoT tomorrow :(

Submitted: 2012-06-04 | ID: 43480

Flora Todd, Scotland

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

I loved this car until the leaks started, first on my head whilst driving, secondly on to my back seats, which are soaked. My boot is also very wet constantly, making my back window hard to see through.

I have the Mitsubishi Colt czc 2 and my boot is soaking and my whole car is smelling of foist! Why is this please? - from

Submitted: 2011-12-13 | ID: 43481

Marilyn T, Warwickshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2009

I took advantage of the scrabbage scheme and was delighted to find the Cabriolet CZ3 was being discontinued and therefore price reduction. I have had my car for a year now and have been lucky after looking at some of the other comments. So far so good.

Submitted: 2010-07-26 | ID: 43479

Alan, Middlesex

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC CZC1 2008

Like a few of the reviews on here the car is let down by nagging problems like the windows jumping back down when you close them. After about nine visits to Mitsubishi and a threatening letter the problem still remains. One good thing is it doesn’t leak, even at the car wash! I would imagine after several bodged attempts to fix the problem the whole window assembly will need replacing. Nothing else has gone wrong with the car except a bulb so it is reliable. One thing that some people might find difficult is parking as you can’t see the front or back of the car! Fortunately mine has parking sensors front and rear. Overall very happy with the car but it is let down by Mitsubishi service standards.

Submitted: 2010-04-15 | ID: 43475

Nicky Smith, Leicestershire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC CZC2 2007

I have had the car a year so it has been well tested. I have the following problems: gear crunch 2nd-3rd mostly when cold, front seat belts do not retract and driver windows will not always close. I mentioned the issues at the service 6 months ago but none were addressed. Am taking it back next week under the warranty. Otherwise I really like this car and love that you hardly see any about, think I have seen about 6 in a year! Loads of space up front and the back ’seats’ are the perfect excuse for never being a designated driver! They are just the job for extra storage when the roof is down. I like that there is a good bit of room under the folded roof for the regular boot junk save having to move stuff about. When the roof is up the boot is huge. I get two suitcases, two dog crates and numerous belongings in with no trouble for holidays. I think this is a great little car and I have not had problems with leaking windows. The boot door does drip water into the boot when its wet and don’t park under trees or the bird poo will end up in your boot!

Submitted: 2010-02-18 | ID: 43473

Alan Beake, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

This car is a delight. It’s different from all the others on the road because it has character and a most distinctive appearance. Of course it’s a two-seater but the rear seats integrate well into the complete design. Handling, performance and economy are all commendable. The open top option and its operation for a car of this size is probably as well thought out as any other brand. If ever there was a need for a test run, this is it. If you are looking for a stylish yet small cabriolet with many features, if you don’t need more than one passenger, if you want good performance, economy and reliability try the Colt Cabriolet CZC. Young driver or older driver you won’t be disappointed.

Submitted: 2010-02-16 | ID: 43474

Neil Horton, Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

I ordered the car in the March and was promised a delivery date of 4-6 weeks but it wasn’t actually available until September. Within a week the car developed an oil leak and over the next 15 months the car has been repaired 6 times. I have done 510 miles backwards and forwards to the garage until the dealer found that it was costing too much money to repair with no end result. Mitsubishi have now fitted a new engine (the old one had 3500 miles on) to cure the problem. It’s the inconvenience and time lost that is the most annoying problem. If I could have got a replacement car at the start, things would have been different but the style is now unavailable. Apart from that so far so good.

Submitted: 2010-01-20 | ID: 43478

Allison, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

Must say overall I am not impressed with Mistsubishi even though I enjoy driving the car. The boot mechanism started misbehaving about 6 months ago. It wouldn’t open with the key fob and had to be unlocked manually. It went back to the dealership and they spent several hours re-setting it. Before Xmas it happened again. I decided it wasn’t the end of the world and I would use the key to unlock the boot and take it into the dealership again after xmas as I work for myself and was extremely busy completing much needed work. However, 3 days before I was due to go away (with my car) for Xmas, I went shopping in the evening, unlocked my boot and put my goods in and found the boot would not shut. I drove home (thankfully only 10 minutes away!) with the warning ’squeal’ blaring all the way because the boot was not shut. The following morning I rang the dealership where I bought the car saying I was desperately busy with work and asking if they could come and get the car as I couldn’t drive it the half hour to their workshop with the squealing noise blaring. They said that because of the bad weather they were short staffed and had no-one available. Fair enough, I thought. I mentioned that I had purchased the service package with the vehicle and had the MAP (Mitsubishi Assistance Package - like a roadside assistance service) included in that. The dealership said that it might be an idea to ring them instead as they might be able to sort the problem or at least get the car to them. I rang them and they sent someone out who, instead of attempting to fix the problem, slammed and rammed the boot so hard he managed to jam it shut - in fact only one side was properly engaged - the boot lid wasn’t level, sticking up on the other side. He then smugly told me that he had ’secured’ the car and I could drive it to the dealership myself. I did this (losing a valuable job in the process as I had to spend 3 hours at the dealership while they looked at the car) but they were unable to fix the problem. Now I have a car with a mechanical problem as well as an electrical problem as the MAP guy has very expertly broken the boot mechanism. It is not fixed yet and my local dealership tell me that these mechanisms are ’very complicated’ and difficult to fix. There is apparently only one cabrio expert in the country for Mitsubishi and he is down South so they will have to have my car in again for a few days while they consult with him about fixing my car. In the meantime I will have to pay £10 per day for one of their courtesy cars as I cannot be without a vehicle due to work commitments. So, if you are thinking of calling out MAP to ’fix’ your car, don’t bother - it has cost me a great deal in time and money.

My girlfriend’s boot won’t shut properly and starts beeping very loudly. I have noticed that this is because the catch on one side doesn’t release properly. But the bigger problem now is that the roof won’t fold down! And the passenger side window doesn’t close properly when the door is closed. Does anyone know if these problems are all related, and if so, how to fix them? Not impressed with this car at all! - from County Antrim

Submitted: 2010-01-05 | ID: 43476

Ean, Northumberland

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

Mine is a 2007 CZC that I bought second hand and overall I think it’s a great little car! In seven months I’ve done 6,500 miles. I’m six feet tall and find the front very spacious. Treat it as two seater and you won’t be disappointed. That said, depending on your flexibility or the height of you or your passengers, you might find you can accommodate others for short journeys. We found we could manage one extra passenger. Downsides: The top third of the rear heated window stopped working. Replaced under warranty and now fine. Rear roof seal leaked on passenger side. Replaced under warranty and now fine. Plus sides: Everything else. It’s a hoot to drive, quite nippy, easily able keep up with any traffic, comfortable, spacious mindful of what it is, good over long journeys, does the claimed consumption, and roof down, other than some minor wobble which should really be expected in a car of this type, it can’t be beaten. For it’s price, my view and experience has been very favourable.

Submitted: 2009-07-20 | ID: 43499

JJ, Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

My step daughter recently had a major car accident in this car. She came off the road hit three trees one of which split in half, the front of the car virtually came off and the debris which was scattered all over the place was unbelievable. Paramedics could not believe that she got out of the accident with cuts and bruises, and said the chance of surviving a crash of this extent is about 5%. When we arrived at the scene on first look the car looked crushed, but when i opened the door I was surprised to see the cab was completely intact, there was no damage to the footwells even though the front was smashed in. So in short we are so thankful that she was in this car, so even though the car is a write off, the most important thing is it kept her safe, and had she been in another car the outcome could of been very different.

Submitted: 2009-04-27 | ID: 43498

Ray Wilkinson, Gloucestershire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC czc turbo 2006

I have owned the czc turbo since June last year and it has been in the garage a number of times for roof rattles, it has got to go in again this month. This has taken the fun out of owning this car. With the roof down I love it - I use it every day driving down the M50 and back to Tewkesbury, I will probably get rid of it when the warranty runs out - not worth keeping it if I have to keep putting it in for repair.

Submitted: 2008-10-14 | ID: 43491

Lauren Barrow, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2008

Sandra- sorry your having a rough time :( heartbreaking, I’m fortunate that even after the monsoon style rainfalls it remains intact. I have however had to get the other side window motor replaced and if the gear crunch continues that will have to go in (thank god for the 3 year warranty) - Paul the stripes are still on.... will let you know when they are coming off lol however might be a little late though if the paint is weathered around them. Pictures are on http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12482664&albumID=2362929&imageID=34205207 of my baby.

Submitted: 2008-10-13 | ID: 43492

Sandra B, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2008

Love the look and drive of the car, but I’m so disappointed that after 3 attempts to fix the leaking windows I’m still having problems. Its been in the shop for a total of 3 weeks now and the problem keeps recurring. This has added a real damper (pardon the pun!) to what fundamentally is a great motor. Unfortunately, I think its something I’ll have to live with as no-one seems to be able to offer a solution :-(

Submitted: 2008-08-13 | ID: 43490

Paul Barrow, Warwickshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2006

Lauren, can I watch while you get your stripes off! - mine is also blue but without the stripes. There are too many happy Barrows’ on this page! I would like to add from my earlier review that my CZC has further surprised me - in that it’s performance and mpg can improve to nearly 40 if you take your foot off the accelerator a little. Of course it is difficult to do this as the handling and the sports car driving experience is fantastic in the winding country lanes! Also - have you noticed how wet this year has been? No leaks in my cabrio at all. And the boot takes my golf clubs and trolley comfortably. Best car I have ever owned so far - even if I do look retarded in a car park, crunching into reverse and playing with my windows!!

Submitted: 2008-08-01 | ID: 43493

Lauren Barrow, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2008

Well after having my window motors replaced they work fine! The gear crunching in reverse is apparently because i don’t wait 3 seconds when selecting the gear! I don’t like this, makes me look retarded on a car park! Glad my report made you smile! I didn’t smile when I have discovered in the next town a twin, same midnight blue with silver racing stripes in the turbo!! Talk about gutted. Think my stripes will be coming off!

Submitted: 2008-07-30 | ID: 43494

Paul Barrow, Warwickshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo 2006

The review by Lauren Barrow made me smile - I have loved my CZC since January and exactly the same comments apply to my experience as in Lauren’s - ’It handles great... love it when the turbo kicks in, first gear is a little sluggish unless you drive it hard. I do have 2 complaints though, it doesn’t like going into reverse for some reason, crunches for no reason and the windows don’t always come up on command takes a few attempts’. I would add that it does not just ’handle great’ - it feels like a sports car and yet I am still getting over 30 to the gallon. I would also add that I found the dealer - Mitsubishi Motors in Cheltenham, to be appallingly bad. Use independent’s for your servicing.

Glad it’s just not me having problems with the dealerships. They really are not that good. I even took out an extra year on the warranty due to the ongoing problems I have with windows jumping back down, but that’s the only problem I have had. It’s like any car dealership, when they have had your money they are not bothered. I was told because the car was convertible, it was bound to have problems. Well if they design something, it should at least work. Also Mitsubishi don’t tell you that you have to pay for someone to look at the car if there is problem after three years and even if you took the extended warranty out again. The car is good but been let down by poor after service and a succession of rubbish dealers - Alan Roberts from London

Submitted: 2008-05-29 | ID: 43496

Lauren Barrow, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 1.5 Turbo 2008

I LOVE my car. So many comments and everyone of them makes me smile! It handles great... love it when the turbo kicks in, first gear is a little sluggish unless you drive it hard. I do have 2 complaints though, it doesn’t like going into reverse for some reason, crunches for no reason and the windows don’t always come up on command takes a few attempts. I love the shape, the class, the heated seats and being the only one I’ve seen in the month of owning it... I do recommend this car!

Submitted: 2008-05-27 | ID: 43495

Linda Oglesby, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

I have only had my cabriolet for 3 weeks and it has been in the service department being fixed more than it has been on the road, First week the air conditioner ran out of gas and had to be re gassed. Second week the roof got stuck and would not go up. It has now been in the service department for a week and they still do not know how to fix it. I am very disappointed as I traded in a Honda Jazz that I never had a problem with.

I am an Australian and own a Colt Cabriolet. I have had nothing but problems with the car. The most common is water leaks from the roof; it’s kind of like a fountain. The roof opens but does not close. Everytime I go over the slightest bump I hear a distinct beeeeeeeep sound that really give you a jolt - from Aberdeenshire

I have had my car for 2 years and have 47000km and I need a whole new break system and the parts for our cars are so expensive my breaks are going to cost me $1300 with new roders. My windows don’t work well, my car has stopped suddenly in peak hour traffic; ended up getting a new fuel system!!!!! 5 weeks later my key won’t work!!!! - Isabel Pleemenul from Australia

Submitted: 2008-02-28 | ID: 43486

Emanuel Pereira, London

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 2007

I recently bought a Mitsubishi CZC and i must say that I find it a wonderful car! It is very fun to drive, not only in the cabriolet version, but in the coupe version as well! It is full of character, and draws people attention everywhere it goes.

Submitted: 2008-01-14 | ID: 43489

Patricia Odu, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 1.5 CZC 2dr 2007

Gorgeous little carbriolet with bags of personality and enough zip to keep a smile on your face. Boot is huge when the roof is up and the cabin is very comfortable for the driver. Handles beautifully and turns heads where ever it goes. The visibility on this car takes some getting used to because of the position of the windscreen pillars, which is the only bad mark against this car.

I have a cabriolet from new and had no trouble with it. It has been great to drive and people always comment on how nice it looks - Pat Davies from Swansea

Submitted: 2007-10-27 | ID: 43484

• A response has been made to Flora Todd (13/12/2011 09:32:50)
  • A response has been made to Allison (05/01/2010 20:45:52)

• "I have a Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC. Part number 020-60136-14 Mitsubishi ZM 28 A61607 - please can anyone advise if this is correct for the roof a..." (Lazaros Kakoulli, 25/11/2013 10:48:42)
  • "My Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC makes a beeping noise when starting the engine. What can it be? ..." (Robert, 15/11/2013 11:27:23)
  • "My Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC`s windows do not always stay down and now there`s a shudder when closing the boot. The other day the roof wouldn’t g..." (Sham Rose, 30/07/2013 15:21:32)
  • "I have just purchased some replacement leather seat covers for my Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC Turbo. Does anybody have any experience of removing s..." (Brian Benjamin, 25/07/2013 15:47:04)
  • "My Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC`s driver`s window judders when closing and opening. It also stays a little open when I close the door when it should..." (Ralph Russell, 25/03/2013 14:13:15)

• Ralph Russell's question has been answered: "Same model year - same problem - try wd40 down the runners securing the glass both sides with door open so that it drips through / down onto the floor - alan from Yorkshire' '..." (04/04/2017 20:51:03)
  • Robert's question has been answered: "its a reminder to put on your seatbelt - njh gm from Caerphilly' '..." (16/03/2017 13:17:45)

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC

1.5 CZC1 - The Mitsubishi Colt CZC is an extremely appealing car and the turbo offers driving pleasure and excitement. Competitively priced with a very large boot when the roof is up.

An image of the Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet CZC 1.5 CZC1