Peugeot 206 CC consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 206 CC consumer reviews by year of make: 2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2010

Peugeot 206 CC consumer car reviews

Vanessa, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2006

Learning to drive I had a normal 206 and could not wait to get my hands on the 206cc. One year after passing I got it and I love it!! It has little bugs where the window on the passenger side doesn’t shut properly when the door is opened and closed (quickly rectified by flicking the window button down then back up again). Never had any trouble with the roof and I’ve had the car coming on three years now. It grips the road brilliantly and is really fun to drive. I’m 6ft and it is a small car but I find it comfortable and enjoyable. There’s is no room for someone to sit behind me though. I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a family car and I would technically, for my height anyway, class it as a two seater. As for boot space with the roof down I work with horses and my boot is always cluttered but there’s always room to put the roof down. All in all I’d say it’s an excellent, fun, little car with a bit of a nippy luck when you need it, would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2014-03-24 | ID: 44731

Mark, Herefordshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

My wife had one of these for her 40th birthday this year. It’s a 1.6 leather model. Drives quite nice. We have noticed a small leak after heavy rain but it’s litereally a couple of drops of water then it stops. Probably just needs some silicone on the one seal on the driver’s side. Wife absolutly loves this car. We took it from Hereford to Liverpool and back last weekend and it runs sweet as a nut. Although I prefer a car with a bit more room, for her it’s perfect. Just need some decent weather to get the lid down!

Submitted: 2013-12-05 | ID: 44730

Venessa Anthon, Australia

Peugeot 206 CC 2003

I love my funky little sports car. It’s a 10 year old shiny black gorgeous little thing. I love the way it handles the road at high speeds and turns around corners like it’s on rails. I live in a country town in Australia so the roof rattles sometimes, but if you undo the roof clips while you are driving and do them up again the roof noise stops. I LOVE this car I call her ’Precious’. So many people comment on how lovely she is. I have been asked many times if she is new. The leather seats are awesome and smell delicious. I have two little boys and they fit ok for now. I was thinking of getting a bigger model like the 308cc, but it doesn’t do it for me. Soon I’m going to put Precious in the garage and only use her on weekends.

OMG you need help - scott campbell from Falkirk

Submitted: 2013-04-02 | ID: 44728

Jamie Wheatley, Staffordshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2.0is 2002

Had a 206 2.0i sports for a few weeks now,being a 2002 car I thought I’d have a few problems the cars just had its 100.000th birthday so I wasn’t expecting to have a car which looks brand new still, it’s in mint condition with not a mark on it and everything works fine. The roof opens and shuts brill, the only time you get a few drops of water in is just after you jet wash or car wash and even then when you open the door just having a tissue handy catches the drips before they fall. I’ve had many cars with unsealed electric windows and all of them had minor drips. It doesn’t drip in bad rainy conditions at all, you will bring 1000% more water in the car on your shoes when you step in. The car goes like a rocket and having the 2.0i engine I expected far less miles than I actually get. Let’s be honest this is not a car you would buy to drive you round the country for work or a long commute every day, you can buy a Golf tdi for that, but if you want to look good and keep cool while you drive the car on weekends and in the summer, for the price you just cannot beat these little pugs. Another good point versus a soft top is that you lose the road noise and can actually hear each other speak and the CD player. Also, regarding the roof, if you read the instructions and oil the hinges and locks regularly you will find it’s still working great after 12 years, like mine.

Hi, I have the same car but its a 10 years old. She is black, her name is Precious. I am as happy as you with the car, it has not got a mark on it and it works awesomely. I just wanted to ask what oil do you put on the roof? - Venessa Anthon from Australia

Submitted: 2013-03-24 | ID: 44726

Dr Allan, London

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

A poor car with bad electrics that is poorly built with the most unreliable electric roof I have ever known, which is guaranteed to let you down. I’ve just sold mine for spares for £500 and have now gone back to Mazda.

Submitted: 2013-01-12 | ID: 44725

Paula Elliott, Yorkshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

Don’t bother! I just bought one; the window leaks, it has no power and you get 45 miles for a tenners worth of fuel. In my honest opinion this for a 2 grand car is rubbish!

Submitted: 2012-10-22 | ID: 44724

Hafizal Hassan, Brunei Darussalam

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

It’s been two years since I last posted regarding the car. The car shows various signs of wear and tear, although I hadn’t had time to drive it for almost a year due to the stuck hard top. I finally got the time to send it to a local workshop. Apparently the problem of the roof not working is due to a leak in the hydraulic pump. All they had to do was just seal the leak and it’s now fine. Regards :)

Submitted: 2012-09-08 | ID: 44723

Fernando Pereira, Brazil

Peugeot 206 CC 2004

I’ve had my 206 CC for one year now. This is a great looking car, with a design just ahead ofits time, so even today the design seduces most people. The cost, for what it offers is good. People will say that there is little room for people in the back seat, but if you have a slk 200k or a BMW z4 there’s no seat in the back at all! With the Peugeot at least you still can put 2 children in the back or two adults of average height, if the roof is opened. Acceleration is not a strong point compared to other cabriolets, but so what? This isn’t an issue with so much traffic in the city. I’m happy with mine because it’s so different in design from a conventional car, also because it’s cabrio and is comfortable. The only bad point I would have to say is more frequent visits to the garage than a normal car, which can be costly.

Submitted: 2011-12-20 | ID: 44729

L Thorpe, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2010

Fantastic little car. The only bad point is it’s very small in the back; I have one 12 year old child and it’s bit tight but he loves it too. They look and drive great. Buy one now.

Submitted: 2011-07-06 | ID: 44714

Paul Sadler, Carmarthenshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2.0SE 2002

We got a 206cc 2litre for my wife 18months ago - she absolutely loves it! Like others have had some small leakage in very heavy rain and several erroneous fault warnings (don’t think the faults it’s showing are necessarily right the problem can often be minor or simply sensor problems) so check on the forums if you get an electrical problem before rushing off to a garage. Although we have 2 kids at uni it looks like we have another baby now the way this car is cosetted! I find the ride rather firm but I can’t speak to the handling as I’m not allowed to drive it. By the way, we’re now looking for a 1.6 version for our daughter - so that should tell you something!

Submitted: 2011-04-10 | ID: 44722

Steph Dawson, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2003

I loved my CC. I had no end of problems with the leaking roof so within the year I’d sold it and bought a new one. This one had: Leaking roof, chair stuck, broken cd player, so sold that too

Submitted: 2011-02-12 | ID: 44721

Chardonnay, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2.0 se 2005

I wish I had never bought this car, the hood stopped working the day after I bought it, windows leak, cd player doesn’t work, auto aircon is rubbish, electric mirrors faulty, remote locking doesn’t lock, even when I got the roof repaired at my own expense it made a beeping noise constantly when I drove with the roof up. It has to go.

Wow... sounds like a bad dream. Did you buy it from a second hand car dealer? - Hafizal Hassan from Brunei Darussalam

I did buy the car from a second hand car dealer but I paid top whack for it. The garage said that my warranty did not cover any of the problems that were occuring with the car. I still have it and it has now been repaired and is working perfectly but I still do not want it anymore - from England

I’ve got a problem with the hood, it went down and won’t go up. Any ideas? Thanks - David Troops from Yorkshire

Same, my roof won’t come up. Any ideas anyone? Please help me - Foulla Donnelly from Hertfordshire

The beeping noise is the radio, it needs to be professionally installed. - This can happen when the battery dies – Garnet99 from England

Submitted: 2010-07-17 | ID: 44715

Christine Topp, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2006

I’ve had my Peugeot 206cc 2 months now and have noticed a differance when driving with the roof down, it is juddery making the steering wheel and mirrow shake. It is 06 reg, been in garage under warranty and been told that there is nothing wrong and this is how it should be. Has anyone had this problem? I feel I’m being fobbed off.

Yes it is called scuttleshake, all convertibles have this, however, some more than others depending on build quality - from Cheshire

Submitted: 2010-06-07 | ID: 44704

Hafizal Hassan, Brunei Darussalam

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

I’ve had this car for 5 years and it’s super awesome. Although now I need to change some parts, but hey it’s all good and it’s only natural wear and tear :S Now I’ve replaced the spring with lowered KINGPIN spring (medium-hard) and it’s much better!

Submitted: 2010-06-04 | ID: 44706

Mike Wilson, County Down

Peugeot 206 CC S 2005

Great car, almost the best driving fun you can have with your clothes on. Stiff suspension and short wheelbase equals going round bends and corners as if on rails. I’ve had mine for 5 years and have traded up to the 307CC on retirement. Yes, occasionally I’ve had a minor, short lived leak in v.wet weather but hey, it’s a cabriolet. Nothing’s gone wrong, nothing broke, despite my driving. The heater works great on sunny days with the temperature at -2C, makes you feel alive. Hope this review balances the bad ones. Go on, forget the "hairdressers car" taunts and get one, It’s FUN!<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-05-09 | ID: 44703

Kall, Devon

Peugeot 206 CC 2003

Bought my Peugeot 206 1.4lx 6 months ago, very nippy compared to my 1.4 Rover I had, love driving it, but have noticed oil at the bottom of the engine, though the oil level has hardly moved, no blue smoke or water in oil, so can’t be the gasket, any idea’s or have I just wasted £3500? Only have 48,000 genuine miles on clock, worried!!

Submitted: 2010-04-12 | ID: 44701

Gerald Pantanella, Bedfordshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2001

Bought my 206cc new and have done 300 thousand km. It’s got a gas conversion; goes great even now with a high km, shame they never made a special one for Italy who have very bad roads where you get a complete massage as you drive. Other then that, the roof doesn’t open it gets stuck half way.

Submitted: 2010-03-22 | ID: 44702

Trell Baynham, Australia

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

I am in love with this car and am dreading the day it gets old, a bit expensive to service but I wouldn’t drive anything else.

Submitted: 2010-02-19 | ID: 44700

Jen, Somerset

Peugeot 206 CC 2005

I have had my Peugeot 206 cc for nearly 5 years from brand new and have only had one problem with driver side door/window. However, since the fault was identified things have been fine.

I have recently bought a second hand 55 plate 206cc and have a problem with driver door - it doesn’t always close first time, it jumps back out?! Any one know what’s causing this anything to do with seals? No leaks that I know of - yet! - from Scotland

Submitted: 2010-01-16 | ID: 44707

John Maton, Wiltshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2006

I love my silver 206cc notwithstanding heavy steering, bumpy suspension and occasional leaks in very heavy rain. Very comfortable drive. I bought a spare wheel just in case ! Don’t trust sealant aerosols !

My 206 is a nippy little thing but niggles do occur. I need to replace the front o/side main bulb and that means removing the neck of the windscreen water container, have you had to do that? If so how, what tools did you use? This is usually a simple job but it’s got me twichy. Your help would be appreciated - Ian Shanes from Scotland

Well, you actually have to remove water container’s neck to replace your bulb. That’s why it’s removable :). No tools needed. There’s very little space to operate - flexibility is your friend - from Poland

Submitted: 2009-11-19 | ID: 44709

Helen Hamilton, Durham

Peugeot 206 CC 2003

I have had my baby for just over a year now. Yes, the driver side leaks in from the roof, but a small price to pay (don’t all convertibles leak? My Grand Vitara used to be like a pond!). The only real quarm I have is the clutch, I’ve stalled this car more times in a year than I’ve had hot dinners, the biting point is never really there and before you know it its stalled! I just can’t get the hang of it, never ever had problems like this before and as my driving instructor used to save "give it some gas" which is what I always have to do! Maybe it needs looking at, it is a bit stiff and also the car judders terribly in 1st gear like it’s about to stall and needs more gas. So if anyone has any advice please let me know! But it is nice in Summer!!!!

Hi, in response to your juddering and stalling my wife’s 206 gti is the same and after putting it to the garage we were told that it is the rear engine mounting, which is weak - Iain Harnden from Hampshire

Submitted: 2009-08-04 | ID: 44712

Becca, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2002

I love this car - have had it for 2 years. I passed my test and bought an MG F which I hated and only kept for 3 weeks before buying the 206cc. After driving the MG this felt like a tank. I’ve never had anything go wrong (touch wood) and only just had the cam belt replaced at 80,000 (just as a precaution). Easy to park, easy to drive , GREAT fuel consumption, Cornwall to London (and all around town for a couple of days) on a full tank - Beats british rail prices at any rate. Never had leaky windows.

Submitted: 2009-07-06 | ID: 44742

Sara Saint, Warwickshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2006

I have had my 2001 reg 206cc for 3 years now and not had a days trouble with it. No leaking windows, no trouble with the hood. I have the automatic and find it really nippy and a joy to ride.

Hi . I am interested in an AUTOMATIC PEUGEOT 206 , 2006 . Do you find your automatic car expensive on Petrol running costs ? How about the cost of spare parts .Thank you - Foteini Dimitriadou from Greece

Submitted: 2009-05-15 | ID: 44741

HT, England

Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 2004

Whilst the car looks good, especially with the roof down, not that impressed overall. I’ve found it quite noisy on the motorway, and seats are very uncomfortable on long journeys. Electrics have now gone 3 times!!!! Costly! As others have said - leaky windows - when you open the door on a wet day, get your leg out the way or you will have a pool of water land on it. I quite enjoyed the car at first, but these niggles/problems have now made me think about moving on...

Submitted: 2009-04-21 | ID: 44746

Sue, Kent

Peugeot 206 CC CC 2003

I bought a 2003 Peugeot 206 cc yesterday. On the way home from the dealer the accelerator stuck down to the floor. Luckily I was on a fairly clear road and somehow managed to drive along keeping the car under control with the brake on - then the accelerator released itself with a definite pinging noise. I am scared to drive it now. I had noticed and commented on the carpet on the drivers side because it was loose around the door - I now believe the car was sold to me knowing it had this dangerous problem. I need to get to work so what do I do - drive this car and hope the problem doesn’t happen or run the gauntlet of taking it back to the dealer and risk trouble at work. Great. I was so excited about having a ’new’ car. Variant: . Year Of Make: 2003

Submitted: 2009-04-07 | ID: 44747

Simon Greaves, England

Peugeot 206 CC 2004

If you have driven an MX-5 you will know what an appalling car this is. Yes, it has an electronic roof, windscreen sensors, automatic lights and the list goes on. It is a typical French car, spongy to drive and no pleasure at all. It’s top speed on the 2.0i is 126mph - yeah right - make that 115 at best. It drives like a bag of spanners. Smart to look at and does have some redeeming features .I went from an old 1.8 MX5 to this and regretted it. Now back in a new MX5. I never had a smile on my face with the Peugeot but with the MX5 it returned quickly. Ah bliss again and I am enjoying those country roads.

Hi Simon - I went from a Peugeot 206 GLX to an MX-5 and they can’t really be compared; of course the MX-5 is much more fun and it’s in a different league. I had my 206 from 24k up until around 75k and although I do look back with a certain amount of fondness, there were a couple of things that annoyed me. It went through exhausts like no tomorrow; 2 back-boxes, 1 back-box and middle and one new cat, all in the space of 3 years. Towards the end, I started getting erratic idling and other ECU related problems, and the central locking became unreliable. As ’new cam-belt time’ was also fast approaching, I decided to bring forward slightly my dream of having an MX-5 because it was looking like I was going to be spending over £1,000 in total to sort all the little problems out. So MX-5 it was! I still think the 206 is a decent car though, but you need a fair amount of ’luck’ with them as the model does seem to be blighted with problems that shouldn’t occur as early as they do - Steve Perry from Somerset

Submitted: 2009-03-30 | ID: 44744

Derrick Austin, Hampshire

Peugeot 206 CC Quicksilver 2004

Great little car - quite a hard ride, but very positive. Roof is fantastic and even down there is quite a bit of room in the boot. One main problem is that if you have a flat tyre, although you get a wheel brace, you don’t get a jack !! - which makes life a but difficult even if you have bought a spare wheel. They give you cans of tyre repair to get you to safety, but once these are used the tyres are finished (or so I am told). I had an interesting conversation with my dealer when I ask what the wheel brace was for and he said ’to undo the wheel nuts’ to which I responded ’and then what - without a jack’. Be warned and buy yourself a Peugeot jack when you buy this car.

Submitted: 2009-03-19 | ID: 44743

Debbie Goldie, Yorkshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2003

Just bought my 206cc on the 9th sept 08 and fell in love with it. Have noticed though, the bumpy feel when driving and manual says nothing about tyre pressure so have been on forum to that find out and saw lots more things to be aware of. Must say I am a little nervous now but she is a great buy for 03 plate and only 24,000 on clock. No fear of roof failing cos there’s no descent weather so I can put roof down. Definately a woman’s car. Small and compact and nippy.

Submitted: 2008-09-18 | ID: 44734

Sheila, East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 HDI Allure 2 dr cab 2006

Delighted with this car. Very nice to drive. Lovely leather seats. Fuel consumption excellent as is road tax and insurance band. Only negative thing I would say is no spare wheel as you get an aerosol canister to pump up tyre to get you to a garage. This will be fun when I get a puncture.

Submitted: 2008-08-06 | ID: 44733

Kay Walker, Essex

Peugeot 206 CC 2001

The roof on the car worked fine when purchased and continued doing so for a further two weeks and then it decided to stay stuck in the open position!! A complicated and intensely frustrating manual closing technique was followed! Forty quid just for Peugeot to look at it and a quote ( I kid you not) of �1300 to fix the roof....but the silly sales guy showed me how to open and close it manually, taking about ten seconds! So until I have a few grand spare, this is the way I have to enjoy the summer motoring! Beware!! don’t even get me started on the leaking windows......

Hi, Any chance of telling how to close the roof manually? It keeps happening to me and I dearnt open it now - from Lancashire

Know the feeling, the roof would not open repaired, faulty wire £40+. Roof stayed down, another trip to garage £70. Now boot will not close with roof down, have been quoted another £250 for new sensor and labour. I thought these roofs were suppose to open and close 1000’s of times and be a trouble free experience? Nice car but now becoming expensive, I doubt if I will recommend one to anyone... - Malcolm Lobb from Cornwall

I’ve had my 206cc 1600 since 2002. Last week the roof stayed open halfway and I tried to open in entirely using the button. It opened but the hood didn’t lock. I left it open in a garage and the next day I closed it as if nothing had happened. I took the car to the official dealer where they replaced a small rubber band on the left side under a screw. I paid 30 euros and the roof works fine. Don’t believe everything they tell you. The mechanism is quite reliable and it hardly ever needs so extensive a repair as 1000 pounds - from Greece

I’m about to buy a 2006 206CC and Peugot’s are not a common car down here. So how can I manually open or close the roof? Dealers are few and far between and they are usually multi franchise set-ups, so I’m a little worried about servicing. The roof? I was waffling sorry. The roof? - Stephen King from Australia

Submitted: 2008-07-31 | ID: 44736

Karl Weetman, Yorkshire

Peugeot 206 CC 2-litre SE 2004

Second 206cc owned. Car covered just 15000 from new. Already had internal oil leak fixed under warranty, new roof sensor and new middle and rear box, and just about needing 2 front tyres. Worst of all, at 14000 miles had to have new cam followers fitted out of warranty - £900 dealer price. Car looks great and no roof problems but sounds rough, handles poorly (heavy steering) and has a tendency to show no oil when in fact the dipstick is full!

Submitted: 2008-07-14 | ID: 44735

Corrine Whittle, Leicestershire

Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 16v S 2 dr 2007

LEAKY WINDOWS! That’s all I’m going to say about this car.

Submitted: 2007-09-05 | ID: 44732

• A response has been made to Sara Saint (23/08/2016 18:41:11)
  • A response has been made to Venessa Anthon (14/06/2014 21:29:23)

• Pete Giannini's question has been answered: "Hi, I have an rather annoying beeping when I drive my 206 CC over 5 kms. My Airbag lights have been on for some time but I was not concerned with this - Tania from New Zealand' '..." (18/05/2017 21:12:57)
  • Tamara Way's question has been answered: "We've just had the same problem, looked on this site and got the answer, the sensor in the boot, the little metal clip that the cover fits into, we ju - Carolyne from Devon' '..." (09/04/2017 15:45:07)

Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet