Ford road test reports and car reviews

Latest Ford road tests

Ford Focus Titanium EcoBoost 125

The Ford Focus is the best-selling nameplate in the world, out-selling its arch rival, the Volkswagen Golf with monotonous regularity, so a new model is always big news and, with public opinion swinging back against diesel, the diminutive EcoBoost petrol engine is more relevant than ever. [...]

Ford Focus Titanium EcoBoost 125

Ford Focus T 125PS EcoBoost road test report

International Engine of the Year winner, the mighty little 1.0 EcoBoost engine joins the Focus range. Will this diminutive 3 cyclinder engine leave the Focus feeling deflated? Not on your nelly, as proved by Ford’s use of it on larger models including the Transit Connect and Mondeo. If anything, the [...]

Ford Focus T 125PS EcoBoost road test report

Ford Ranger 2012 road test report

The Ford Ranger takes a much more unashamedly US of A approach than its predecessor. In both the looks of the latest Ranger and the way it drives, it’s content with being a pick-up truck and not trying to be a lifestyle SUV. For this, those who need a useful workhorse will be very grateful, while th [...]

Ford Ranger 2012 road test report

Ford Focus 2011 5-door road test report

The all-new, third-generation Focus arrives in March, and it’s the company’s first truly global car. That the Focus has been a UK best-seller since 1998 was further incentive for Ford to get it right, but March 2011 also marks Ford of Britain’s centenary, so there’s more than a little corporate prid [...]

Ford Focus 2011 5-door road test report

Ford Focus RS 500 road test report

As swan songs go, the Ford Focus RS500 is a full-on heavy metal stadium concert with the volume turned up to 12. There’s nothing shy or retiring about this run-out model of Ford’s crazy gang hot hatch, even if it tries to kid on with its stealthy matt black paint job. The five-cylinder engine has be [...]

Ford Focus RS 500 road test report

Ford Ka

Ford Escort

Ford Transit Custom

Ford consumer car reviews

The latest Ford reviews and road test reports. The views expressed in these consumer reviews do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of ReallyGoodDomains.com

Submit a Ford road test report

bigedd 83, North Lincolnshire

Ford Transit Custom TRANSIT CUSTOM TOURNEO L2 DIESEL FWD 2012

Ford Custom only 6 wks. old. First tank of fuel fairly good miles considering tight engine soon as I filled up rubbish miles to gallon, not a lot of pulling power despite unloaded. Kept stalling at junctions and take off leaving me stranded in junctions dangerous and embarrassing, service required warning and stopping on motorway virtually no steering or brakes when engine dies. Took in to Ford (imperial) told me it needed injectors overnight delivery, injectors did not turn up told Thursday then Monday then Friday then Tuesday in fact I am still waiting as is three other customers. The first failure of injectors turning up I was asked if I wanted it put back together then I could use it till the injectors turned up. Seemed pointless as I was promised they would get the injectors shortly. However as the 3 weeks turned up I ask for the vehicle to be put back together the reply was yes they would put it together but as I knew about the fault then I would lose entitlement to my warranty. Needless to say I am furious as the vehicle is a wheelchair adapted vehicle. What is the point of Ford uk paying customer care team if they just repeat what the garage is saying. This has now cost me our holiday. Ford has fitted faulty injectors to a lot of adblue engines and refuses to release spares from the assembly lines or hold new vehicles to replace the faulty injectors. This is using the customers to sort out there problems even if it causes accidents and death. This seams to be worldwide

Submitted: 2017-06-27 | ID: 142187

Neil Walton, Australia

Ford Transit TRANSIT 280 LWB DIESEL FWD 2004 - 2006

I'm looking to buy a 2005 ford transit van the seller says it has a possible Cam sensor not working and a 02 sensor not working to. its a cheep buy at $4500 au or is it? 100000km on the clock any comments on this would be appreciated

Submitted: 2017-03-16 | ID: 139909

Dave T, Derbyshire

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 200 SWB DIESEL SPEC EDS 2005 - 2009

Had my connect for just over 2 years. It had 48k on the click when I bought it, it's now done 209k and still going strong, I use it for courier workI recently had the brake vac pump replaced as I had oil leaking from it quite badly and before the alternator. Aside from that I have an oil and filter change every 15k along with the air filter and it goes as well as it did when I first bought it. Would definitely recommend.

Submitted: 2017-01-21 | ID: 138294

Ben, Berkshire

Ford Ranger RANGER DIESEL 2002 - 2006

Hi i owned my ranger single cab 2wheel drive for about 3 years, since last year heating only works on 3and 4 and in morning does take about 10minutes to wharm up,has anyone else had similar problem,and what is the solution to repair .

Submitted: 2016-11-07 | ID: 136539

dave dolan, Lancashire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 260 SWB DIESEL FWD 2000 - 2006

Bought this particular 'Tranny' for £1400 with 11 months ticket on it..... had plenty of welding done but the engine feels sound.... Reading all these bad reviews but you gotta realise there are tons of 'em out there, many owners think emptying the ashtray is maintenance... LOOK AFTER THEM and they last forever.... VW's are a truly ridiculous price and Mercs aint much better... 1.. Strip everything back to the metal, (especially the floor). 2.. Get any welding done properly. 3. Treat the underside of the vehicle. Follow this and your van will last and not fall to bits..

Submitted: 2016-10-22 | ID: 136157

hughie, Armagh

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 200 SWB DIESEL 2002 - 2009

bought 2005 ford connect 3 months ago 167 k on clock cant beleive how well the van is driv ing do a lot of garden ing work with this van .has ent give me any bother what so ever .go ing to get full service done on van next couple of weeks .maybe get a bit more poke out of it..other than that great wee van to buy

Submitted: 2016-08-18 | ID: 134462

Wormman, Dumfries and Galloway

Ford Ranger RANGER DIESEL 1999 - 2002

Just lost my 2001 ranger had find a home for it it's been marvelous paid £1250 for it 193000 on clock when brought now 209000 and chassis needs welding it is a shame

Submitted: 2016-08-14 | ID: 134356

Richard Smith, Warwickshire

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 240 L2 DIESEL 2013

Ford Transit Connect 240 115ps L2 2016 Review I was looking for a comprehensive review of this van some months ago but could not find one, so I have had a go myself. I am no writer so please allow for my lack of grace and punctuation. This review comes from having a 2007 Ford S-Max Zetec auto for two years previously. I found the transit connect very lacking in thought and quality. First of all are the seats that are hard and not grabbing at all and you find yourself shifting in your seat whilst driving around windy country lanes adjusting yourself to the position you entered the corner in on your way out. The design of the interior has been done with very little thought regarding storage space as the under middle seat storage is only big enough for small items and the usb in it is a pain to access all the time so the dangling of a phone lead is a must as the Bluetooth connection of my I phone is not compatible to play any music playlists. The side door pockets are smaller that most vehicles and are not much good as a bin once a bottle of drink is put in. The centre seat is of no use to anyone fortunate enough to have legs as the gear shifter is too low to allow its use. The plastic of the interior looks to be solid enough to withstand most things but it would seem it is not, as after brushing against it with a cigarette I found the marks do not come out, so what happens when some real dirt such as plasterboard hits it. The rear load carrying space has a plastic liner over the wheel arches which does not get covered when purchasing the ply lining so you may want to cover them yourself unless you are a flower delivery driver. The van does tend to stray when driving on A roads with any undulation but this may be due to the hard ride suspension, I don’t know. The ride is hard all the time even when it is laden with about 450kg which is all I have tried. The gearing of the gearbox means the cruising speed of 4th is around 45, of 5th is around 55mph and 6th is 65mph so on a country run when laden the changing of gears is almost constant. On the motorway it runs nicely at 70mph but a change down is required to accelerate from 60mph unless you are going downhill. The inbuilt device that tells you when to change gear is just annoying as it would rather you change gear whenever the revs are between 1500 and 2000 rpm. The average fuel efficiency I have got so far is 45 MPG after 850 miles around country lanes and about 200 on motorways. The strange shape of the bulkhead seems to compromise the possible storage of paperwork behind the seats for a slightly larger cargo area which means you will have to buy a bombproof paperwork box for paperwork storage. The area above your head in the front is not as big as first thought due to excessive area given over to the electrics of the lights. The glove box is a far size though. Why anyone would want to leave a petrol card or credit card on show in the dashboard is beyond me and there is no ashtray or compartment for storing change for parking either. The radio is good but nothing special. The stowage above the drivers dash is quite small and not much use for anything more than a phone and the visible tray on top of the passenger dash area is just not reachable without undoing the seat belt. For some reason the lights come on when any door is opened, I have yet to figure out how to turn this off. The space under the seats has not been thought about or used at all so some whittling of a draw may be required if you want to use this. The cab area gets very hot with a little sun so don’t keep your chocolate lunch in it. The climate control is not as good as a car and my feet seem to be cold all time, the changing of the switches every 40 mins seems to sort this but hardly automatic control, maybe there are not enough sensors for it to know the variable temps in the cab.? There is no global closing available apparently,? Why on earth not, its standard on most other brands and only a software tweak you would think. As you may be able to tell I am not very impressed with my new van and am annoyed to see that so little thought has been put into a vehicle designed for constant use, when a car has all this sorted. Is it because most of the people buying a van are not the ones that drive it. With the self-employed sector growing I would suggest ford get their act together, which may take some time, but as long as its done by the time I get my next van because I won’t be putting up with this cop out again. Having had several vans from new I know that things are getting better for the van driver but cannot find the justification for the price in the product itself.

Submitted: 2016-06-06 | ID: 132397

Andy, Isle of Anglesey

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 220 SWB DIESEL 2009 - 2013

Wel well my vans warranty has ran out types have been replaced 3 times on the front only done 43 k they only last an average 10k to 12 k.fuel injection major fault common fault FORD deny it,clutch went at 43 k also all the other vans we have are constantly innand out of the ford dealer ship for now ,until the warranty runs out.then our own company mechanics will have to repair maintain these very poor sluggish unfit for purpose rubbish FIX OR REPAIR DAILY very disappointed german or japaneese makes next time defo:-(

Submitted: 2015-11-18 | ID: 123657

David Knight, Hampshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 100 SWB DIESEL 1994 - 2000

This is a must have and keep going van. I have had 4 since they came into production,the first one costing £10,000. I still have 2 left, a 2000 model which is off the road at the moment in need of some weilding. I also have a blue 1998 model which i purchased from a dealer in London last September for £500.00. It has never had any weilding at all, i couldn't believe it when i look over the whole van. The mileage was on 74000 and had no M O T. Booked an MOT. IT WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH no advisory's. Mileage correct to. I will keep both these vans going as the new ones are nothing but money pits. This is what people who have them tell me.

Hi I'm considering buying a 1999 LWB 2.5l Transit fully converted to a camper van and nicely done...The buyer has spent 500 quid on welding the chassis recently, and protected it with Shultz.. There is also body rust but she's kept on top of it...It passed its MOT in Sept with only advisories about 2 tyres.... She wants 3 grand (I think it bit much) But my question is would you even consider this or does the chassis repair threaten a lot of future work? Any thoughts REALLY appreciated Thanks Katie - Katie Rowan from Bristol

Submitted: 2015-10-24 | ID: 122658

Max, Greater London

Ford Transit TRANSIT 280 SWB DIESEL FWD SPEC EDS 2004 - 2006

I've owned three transits from 2006 until 2014 when I renewed them. Very reliable vehicle. It can withstand anything you throw at it. Not the most comfortable as a general vehicle but for a transit van it's good. To summarise, I can say that the Ford Transit has a great value for money and beats its rivals on the market on some key terms such as practicality, reliability and price.

Submitted: 2015-09-25 | ID: 121617

Fortune Murire, Zimbabwe

Ford Ranger RANGER DIESEL 2002 - 2006

i got a 2003 ranger single cab long wheel base,south African version. a 2.5diesel, non turbo 4x4 . a very reliable truck with minimum running costs.no breakdowns at all and very reliable with good fuel economy if you dont have a heavy foot on the accelerator , giving me 29mpg around town. Im now on my second ranger,a UK version , 2.5diesel non turbo 4x4. its a long wheel base single cab and pretty much the same as the first, but with a few extras like dual airbags,electric mirrors and windows and central locking but no air conditioning (which the first truck has). The rangers are robust and sturdy trucks which are a bit heavy on fuel on highways once you go past the 65mile/hour mark. Other than that, they are a low maintenance range and offer value for money

Submitted: 2015-08-24 | ID: 120282

ED Ravele, Buckinghamshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 350 LWB DIESEL RWD 2000 - 2006

My ford transit has lost power steering capability. There is an iol leak running down with increased harenning of the steering when turning. The power steering oil reseviour is darining , low the level is lower than the minimum level mark. Work done recently was change of front disc pads and discs both sides; rear drums and shoes changed both sides and the v-belt (fan belt and alternator were replaced. This was the fisrt time the van was being tested (driven).. I am wondering what the cause of the oil leak is and where it is likely to come from, steering tack boots or where. what diagnistic considerations should I consider? Vehicle details: ford transit 350 rear wheel drive ( RJ53uoy). Twin wheel at rear. 2.4 diesel Y3 engine.

Submitted: 2015-08-21 | ID: 120116

ED Ravele, Buckinghamshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 350 LWB DIESEL RWD 2000 - 2006

Submitted: 2015-08-21 | ID: 120114

John, Gloucestershire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 260 SWB DIESEL FWD 2006 - 2013

Hi, this is a weird question , but when driving long distances ( motorway) , I have no clutch, we pull over leave is a few minutes pump the clutch and it's back, it's fine when your up and down gears and it's not losing any fluids, all the garages I've spoken to have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas or has it happened to them. Thanks, John

Possible clutch slave cylinder (internal fault) the dealers should discuss this with the manufacturer and replace it. - from Gloucestershire

I had this problem with my minibus. I was ok on short journeys but when i did an airport run i would go to change down as i came off the motorway and pedal would almost go to the floor with no pressure. I would have to leaver it up to top with my foot and then i would have a bit of clutch. Few mins later after i would have pressure again. It turned out to be the clutch pedal master cylinder mounted by the pedal. Fidly thing to get at and new cheap one did not want to bleed. Had to pressure the fluid through which ended up blowing its internal rubber seal. Leaked a little bit after that. Ive just bought a new LUX branded one which i will fit soon. Im going to try and gravity bleed it while it hangs in my garage. Once it bleeds i will empty it and fit it and bleed it on the vehicle. - from Hampshire

Submitted: 2015-07-25 | ID: 118914

Phil dunn, Lancashire

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 200 SWB DIESEL 2002 - 2009

Bought a 2005 Connect 5 years ago, always passed MOT no problems, just hope the fuel pump does not pack in, it costs 1500 to replace! Anyway, that done it`s still going strong, 160,000 miles on the clock, still looks good and drives like new, best small van on the market in my opinion.

to open bonnet use door key turn key left then back to right opens bonnet - from Armagh

Submitted: 2015-05-14 | ID: 116038

Jane Hill, Lincolnshire

Ford Ranger RANGER DIESEL 1999 - 2002

Any one have any idea ?? ?? ??................ Purchased a 2nd hand mazda b2500 - same as ford ranger. Purchased with a whine on the back, obviously a diff problem, seized on first short trip. Replaced rear axle, 1week later seized again unexpected as no noise or anything. Just seized.............. ????????????????

Submitted: 2015-04-17 | ID: 114854

Tom, West Midlands

Ford Transit TRANSIT 280 SWB DIESEL FWD 2006 - 2013

I've had two, brand new, from the main dealer transits over the years. (owner driver) Firstly a 2005 280 100 TDDI SWB and then replaced by a 2008 280 85 TDCI SWB and I can quite positively say that these have been by far the most expensive to run and operate, haemorrhaging money at every main dealer service and mechanically and electrically unreliable. Way too much to list here. The warranty from Ford is not worth the paper it's written on! Warranty was 3 years, 100,000 miles but if you read the small print, WEAR & TEAR is only covered by 30 days / 1000 miles which ever is sooner. Don't believe me, obtain a copy of the t&c's for yourself and read the small print. If anyone is serious about staying in business in these tough economic times, stay well away from owning transit vans. For me, buying the van is only half of the deal. The second half is the dealer after sales. Once you've handed over your money, Ford quite simply do not care about their customers. Retail customers are 10 a penny. I am now however, through recommendation from a friend, a very happy retail customer with Mercedes-Benz. (last 6 years). Goodbye Ford Transit's. Rust In Peace.

Submitted: 2015-03-29 | ID: 114049

stephen wilks, Nottinghamshire

Ford Escort ESCORT 55 DIESEL 1988 - 2002

Great little van, simple mechanics makes it reliable and easy to work on, mine went upto 325,000 miles but had to scrap in the end as rotted away before my eyes, rust problems were unreal

Submitted: 2015-03-26 | ID: 113887

Anna Fox, Shropshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 290 L2 DIESEL FWD 2014

I bought my Transit Custom from new and it has now done 59000 miles - It has been serviced by the main dealer throughout and all work has been undertaken by them. Now apparently a fuel injector has gone due to "contaminated fuel" - the van has never been filled with the incorrect fuel and has never had fuel added from a can or anything like that. The dealers insist that it is necessary to replace all 4 injectors at over £1500 and refuse to do it under warrenty as they say it has been caused by contaminated fuel. They cannot suggest how the contaminated fuel got in there and can't suggest any way i can be sure this doesn't happen again. The van had to have a new battery within the first few months, the microphone for the handsfree had to be replaced as that didn't work, the towbar had to be replaced as the one the original dealer put on wasnt connected to the stability program and then the heated windscreen broke and it took 8 weeks to get a replacement windscreen. I did love this van and it is lovely to drive but it is totally unacceptable to be getting a bill of over £1500 with no guarantee it wont happen again. On the whole it has been a huge let down and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone now.

Submitted: 2015-03-06 | ID: 112876

peter simmonds plumbing and heating, East Riding of Yorkshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 260 SWB DIESEL FWD SPEC EDS 2004 - 2006

When I bought the Transit it was only 3 years old and looked and performed great, then the battery failed. I had to replace the starter twice followed by brake discs, pipes, cylinders etc. Also I had to replace both front coil spring and both rear springs. I previously had a Mitsubishi l 300 panel van for 12 years and all it cost was running costs, what a super van. My vans have always been garage maintained and when I showed up in the Transit my mechanic said "Oh no what a bag of rubbish you have bought". How right he was. Ford need to give their heads a bang!

Submitted: 2015-02-15 | ID: 111611

Mike Woolley, South Yorkshire

Ford Transit Connect TRANSIT CONNECT 230 LWB DIESEL 2009 - 2013

I have been looking at getting a Ford Transit Connect 230 LWB H/R for a few years and took the plunge 2 weeks ago selling a Range Rover P38 to get the Transit Connect due to me now needing to use a mobility scooter to get around, firstly it has given me my wife and our Terrier a new lease of life as we can all go out together and I can join the misses and our dog on walks well they walk I zoom past on the mobility scooter, ha ha, but joking aside it as made things so much easier for us all to spend days out together, plus I'm in shock with the fuel economy as the van cost me £55 to fill up instead of £110 with the RR P38 and I've already done 150 miles in the van and it hasn't yet used half a tank of diesel, where's with the RR P38 I was getting 15 MPG so that in itself has took a massive financial strain off us and the parts and service prices are half what the Range Rover cost us, after purchasing the van and realising there was a problem starting the van from cold and a plume of white smoke when it eventually did start I then realised there was something not right, I narrowed it down to a glow plug problem which turned out to be correct and as well as reading up on forums and then lifting the bonnet to check the glow plug wiring and tracing it to a plastic fitting with a bolt through it to a nut connection realised that the wiring was burnt out and the glow plug wire had been pushed into the plastic connector to look okay when it was all broke off and rusted so the glow plugs weren't getting no power so they wasn't working correctly, a bit of a £451 costly mistake I made not knowing to check before making the purchase but I've had all the glow plugs changed and the re wiring for all the burnt out stuff and all the glow plug wiring replaced with new wiring it starts perfect every time now so all good, it's the new face lift version I own on a 10 plate with full ford service history and I must say it runs sweet as a nut and I'm still getting used to the acceleration on the van to the side of a 2 1/2 ton lump of a Range Rover P38, I love it that much that me and the wife have decided already to start saving up so we can re new it when the time comes for the brand new version of the transit connect but with all the toys but in automatic and cruise control for long motorway journeys, I must admit the misses was a little sceptical at first when I mentioned getting a van so on our first run out she got togged up with coat, scarf, gloves the lot, I looked and said what your doing it has heaters in the van it will get warm even though it's minus 3 you know, well 50 miles down the road I had to pull up so she could take her coat, hat, gloves and scarf off, I gave the look like us guys do when it's I TOLD YOU SO, ha ha, but anyone thinking of getting a Ford Transit Connect you won't be disappointed they are a truly lovely van, I have the 230 LWB High Roof version but it's not got heated front screen or heated electric mirrors or cruise control which I would have liked but we couldn't afford the LX version at present otherwise I'd have loved the LX version but I'm aiming to get the top of the range new version transit connect in a couple of years or so when I look at changing my connect but I still love this van even though it only has electric windows and remote central locking as standard, the only other thing I didn't realise before purchasing this base model was the overhead storage above the driver and passengers head as my van doesn't have it fitted so I'm struggling for proper storage places to be honest but other than that and a engine cover to stop the engine and glow plugs getting rusted it's a great van, I can't believe that the van doesn't have a engine cover though as it would help prevent the rusting on the engine and even worse the glow plug area as I would imagine if left for any real length of time without changing the glow plugs it could risk snapping one in the port due to rusting then it's the big job of cylinder head off and drilling out the snapped glow plug then head back on and head gasket done just for the sake of being able to fit a engine cover to keep the weather out.

Submitted: 2015-02-07 | ID: 111069

adrian martin, Wiltshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 100 SWB DIESEL 1994 - 2000

i ,d like to 100% recommend the ford transit pre 2000 models, they are totally trliable and as long as you keep on top of the rust, will last a life time, I have a 1997 swb120, and before this had the 80, I bought mine , ex -bt with 56k on the clock, it now has 120k on the clock, had it for 7 years, what can I say....tyres/exhaust/tyres/exhaust etc..etc.. this has to be the best van ever made, what a shame ford could not make these again on a ltd run, as they would sell out in minutes.... my advise, find a good one with low mileage and good body, I paid 2.6k for mine seven years ago, and shes good for another 7 years!

Submitted: 2014-12-28 | ID: 108528

emma, Nottinghamshire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 280 SWB DIESEL FWD 2006 - 2013

why is my transit 85 t280 2.2 surging 57 plate the whit pipe coming off the desiel filter its like its got air in it every time it surgers i look at the pipe and its like hunting for desiel u can see it in the pipe if you noo what i mean or theres air in the pipe can enyone help me

Had the same problem with mine too. It was the fuel filter housing. I took off the filter and replaced it and then I took off the top of the housing and replaced the seal. problem was solved. - bob evans from Hampshire

Submitted: 2014-12-03 | ID: 107292

Cameron, City of Glasgow

Ford Transit TRANSIT 350EL LWB DIESEL RWD 2006 - 2013

Hi I have a 08 jumbo transit and it's started to cut out when I stop at junctions iv had the fuel filter changed but it has happened again it's only started happening but only 3 times so far because it's not like this all the time it's hard for machanic to put his finger on the problem has anyone else experienced this ? Would love a quick fix

Submitted: 2014-11-01 | ID: 105452

John, North Yorkshire

Ford Ranger RANGER DIESEL 1999 - 2002

Have known the vehicle from new in 2002, 70,000 miles and still original tyres when i bought from a friend 3 weeks ago. So comfortable and 4 wheel drive superb, have 200 tonnes of logs near by and bought the Ranger to move them home as was wrecking my Mondeo which again is a great piece of kit. Only fault when i bought was radio kaput, local garage fitted a new one for £40 so really happy. Hope to keep both Mondeo and Ranger a couple of years and then swap both in for a new Ranger. Best of luck all John

Submitted: 2014-10-29 | ID: 105289

Rob, Stoke-on-Trent

Ford Transit TRANSIT TOURNEO SWB DIESEL FWD 2006 - 2012

Don't buy a Ford. I've been a Ford customer for years and they have definately lost the way. 10 visits to main dealer with air ingress problems in the fuel line by the new French useless system, costing me a small fortune in lost time. I`m getting rid as soon as possible and never driving a car or van with the F word on ever again, total rubbish, just wish they would fold and leave production to people who don't cut corners and go cheap on things that matter

Submitted: 2014-09-28 | ID: 103770

clive, Neath Port Talbot

Ford Transit TRANSIT 260 SWB DIESEL FWD 2000 - 2006

Hi, just bought it for carrying our candy carts, not much use, hope it goes ok, after reading the reviews fingers crossed

Submitted: 2014-09-20 | ID: 103383

stephen crossthwaite , Lancashire

Ford Transit TRANSIT 260 SWB DIESEL FWD 2000 - 2006

I bought my van one year ago for 1650, it had 205,000 on the clock. Allthough it had recently had a new engine fitted, the morning after I bought it it would not start, this was down to a worn out battery. A week later the front engine mount shaped, would have been an easy fix had someone not welded the wrong one on holes for bolts, did not line up so they welded it. At this point I was very worried, however since then I`ve done 11,000 miles without incident, so when all`s said and done considering the amount of miles my van has covered I can`t fault it. Just keep in mind most Transit engines won't get to 150,000 so if it`s on its original engine and almost that sort of mileage there`s a good chance it`s due a new engine

Hi, my van is 2001 mk6 220000 on the clock and is going strong , got it 5y , never miss a bit 90hp 2.4 , have seen one 350000 on the clock ,rusted badly , engine sound it was 90hp too , two weeks ago noticed one on online auction with 815000 on the clock 90hp , still going , don't know details , , if this is original engine? can try to find link to auction , i think ford transit engines r real live gamble , mine had always hard live , loaded and foot to the floor , - from Highland

Hi my van is a 2004 mk6 2.0l fwd bought secondhand with 145000 on the clock had it 7 years 278000 on the clock been run on bio diesel often apart from tyres and brakes and oil only had a new recon turbo fitted at 250000 and tensioner belt foot to the floor on the motorway never let me down and it has had a very hard life . I think the new ones are designed to last 6 years more of a lease culture now vans ain,t what they used to be - from Merseyside

My van Mk 6 jumbo from new now done ,300,000 miles only ever changed fuel pump ,serviced regularly, drives like a dream, although not super fast 90bhp , few rust spots, all in all doesn't owe me a penny, my local garage can not believe how well it drives with the mileage it has on the clock ,maybe fords not the most robust of vans , but good work horses , cheap to maintain , no bells and whistles, but just keeps on going. - earl rozario from Cheshire

Submitted: 2014-09-09 | ID: 102903