2003 L200 reviews

21 September 2017

2003 Mitsubishi L200 reviews

Mitsubishi L200 reviews by year of make: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Read all reviews

Tony Churchill , Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 1988 - 2006

My Mitsubishi l200 Warrior 2005 plate with 55k is a great truck, good on diesel and has no problems going through MOTs. Great fun off roading, reliable, glad I bought it.

Submitted: 2015-02-16 | ID: 111686

Simon Pallett, Oxfordshire

Mitsubishi L200 2003

I have owned my L200 Warrior for just over 7 years, it was 3 years old when I got it with around 56,000 miles on the clock, it is now approaching 188,000 and I can honestly say this is the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. It has service history up to 61,500 miles and since then I’ve serviced it myself changing the oil and filter approx. every 5000 miles. The cambelt has been changed approx. every 60,000 miles. The only other bits that have been replaced are leaf springs (122,000 miles), starter motor (179,000 miles), and it’s had a couple of batteries. Tyres seem to last between 20,000 to 30,000 miles (UHP Grabbers). It is still on the original clutch, although it has never been used for towing. I have absolutely no complaints about this vehicle although I have heard of and read about L200’s packing up before 50,000, so I guess I must have got a good one. I just hope the 59 plate Raging Bull I’m buying to replace this truck is just as reliable!

Submitted: 2013-06-16 | ID: 43554

Craig, Ayrshire

Mitsubishi L200 2003

I bought a 52 plate 6 months ago. Haven’t had any major problems so far. Had to change shackle hangers and bushes just after I bought it. Used for mainly tarmac roads but been off road a few times due to living on a farm. Mot due in November and it has a bad knocking noise when going over bumps; I’ve been told it’s the spring leaf suspension, which by looking at reviews is a common fault. Use it for work so it carries a bit of weight in the back. 90000 miles on the clock and I have to say for a 10 year old pick up it’s in great condition and has had no major faults so far. A bit thirsty on fuel, but that’s to be expected. 4 new tyres recently, Bridgestone dueller H/T which are really good tyres for on and off road. Really happy with it. I will change it in a couple years for a newer model.

Submitted: 2012-10-25 | ID: 43547

Bob, Oxfordshire

Mitsubishi L200 2003

What a load of rubbish! I had a Pajero before and thought it might be as good. The cylinder head blew at 38000, just 6 months out of warranty. Mr Mitsubushi said go away! Now at 72000 the engine is knocking. For goodness sake Mitsubushi own up to your mistakes and help the customers stuck with your lemons!! Just take a look on ebay at how many 03/53 plate L200s have blown engines! My advice? Never ever buy a Mitsubushi!

Submitted: 2012-01-04 | ID: 43542

Chris Hillman, Somerset

Mitsubishi L200 2003

I bought my truck 5 years ago. After 4 months of ownership the engine blew on 43000 miles. The dealer replaced the lot in Weston Supermare and since then there have been no problems and it has gone through MoTs without a problem. I also changed the cambelt 10000 miles ago, which the dealer quoted £750 for so I went to a local specialist who charged £300. I’m just hitting 115000 miles and I think it is possibly the best I’ve ever had. I’m only selling it soon cause I want a newer model. The L200 is like any car, you get a good one and it’s great, the next one off the production line could be a dog. All I can say is it’s got Japanese reliability, which is good enough for me.

Submitted: 2011-11-21 | ID: 43544