2006 L200 reviews

21 September 2017

2006 Mitsubishi L200 reviews

Mitsubishi L200 reviews by year of make: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Read all reviews

Steve oreilly, Merseyside

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 2006 - 2015

Select 4th to 3rd won't go in got to go to 2nd down box then into 3rd it's got 41000 on clock what can I do to fix this

Submitted: 2017-09-12 | ID: 143594

Tony Churchill , Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 1988 - 2006

My Mitsubishi l200 Warrior 2005 plate with 55k is a great truck, good on diesel and has no problems going through MOTs. Great fun off roading, reliable, glad I bought it.

Submitted: 2015-02-16 | ID: 111686

lito, Philippines

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 2006 - 2015

Road test report web is great with giving lots of answers to car problem issues.

Submitted: 2014-08-01 | ID: 100693

Paul Talbot, Oxfordshire

Mitsubishi L200 2006

In 2009, I purchased a new shape L200, 2006 4Life model, having covered 98k in three years(all motorway mileage). FSH up to 80k. My first service bill was £800, this was with two new rear leaf springs! Which I failed to notice one had broken. This is a common fault apparently. The truck to date has been fantastic, pulling a two ton trailer @ 8.5 metres long was all in a day’s work for L200! Pulled like a train and still does. Still on original clutch too. What a towing machine! Well capable. Two years on, it’s still going strong with no major problems! So you can keep your overpriced and under powered Hiluxs (thanks to Top Gear!). I will stay with what I consider to be a damn good workhorse.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-10-04 | ID: 43543

Les Maddams, England

Mitsubishi L200 2006

Bought truck from a garage with an all singing and dancing warranty. After 6 months and 5k miles it started to overheat. Took to local dealership and they explained that the head gasket on the early ones of the new shape had a thin gasket same as the older model which was prone to the problem. Claimed on warranty and £2,200 later it was fixed; garage insisted on a 3500 radiator to upgrade the cooling system but warranty firm refused to pay. Anyhow onto the vehicle. It is a joy to drive, I have Grabber AT2 tyres which rumble on the road and are annoying on long trips but are brilliant in the snow. Gearbox is easy, lots of comfort ie 5 hours with no stops and felt ok. Fuel is good, costs around £70 to fill at £1.40 per ltr, this takes me about 400 miles. It can be noisy with the window down so bought wind deflectors, which help. The version I bought was a Club cab so it has 2 doors but a section for interior luggage inside and 2 drop down seats, so if you’re like me and use vehicle with one or two people it’s ideal. Huge boot for all those garden center trips. Out of all the vehicles I have had over 20 years inc new ones, this is the one I LOVE the best, there is even a forum for L200 owners. I can’t wait to drive to Italy in it.

Submitted: 2011-03-30 | ID: 43540

Jim Roberts, Lancashire

Mitsubishi L200 2006

I have an L200 Animal, the vehicle has now 50,000 on clock it has broken nsr spring which I replaced at cost of £235.00 from dealers and now 2 mths later the osr has done the same thing and I will have to order another spring. Has any one had problem like this and are the manufacturers liabel to replace this foc as a defect? This should not happen with this mileage as the car is only used for sdp.

I have owned 4 different models of L200, the springs break due to no load on the suspension when running round with no weight in - from Yorkshire

I’m having the same problem, two springs broke in three months. Not sure why - Kyle Porter from Northern Ireland

there are 2 types of springs ? light load and heavey load springs , the d-cab have light load and full cab have heavey load springs , milners told me about this when i replaced mine , for heavey towing fit heavey springs , these are not all the same rated springs in the l200 , mr p - mr peacock from South Yorkshire

Submitted: 2010-10-03 | ID: 43531

Andy, Gloucestershire

Mitsubishi L200 2006

BUY A TOYOTA. I bought my new model L200 2nd hand with 28,000miles on the clock, had serviced it regularly and put a further 20,000 miles or so on it. It drives pretty well, has reasonable fuel economy for such a big vehicle and is the most practical vehicle you could wish to own. It’s a bit heavy on tyres, but again you can expect this with a big 4WD. Unfortunately, 6 months out of warranty the vehicle developed a gearbox fault requiring a complete gearbox re-build. Mitsubishi offered £75 off the required parts for the build (less than 5% of the total cost) as a "goodwill gesture". When asked if they thought it was reasonable for a supposed work vehicle that’s only really had light use as a family car to develop such a major fault after less than 50,000 miles their response was "these things happen". These things might happen, but they won’t happen to me again as I won’t be buying another Mitsubishi any time soon. Unless you’ve got money to burn keeping an unreliable vehicle on the road, buy a Toyota. My father has been running a 10+ year old Landcruiser for years and it’s been faultless.

I brought a Mitsi L200 Animal out to New Zealand, what a performance because it didn’t have a compliance plate to euro 4 standard. However, I bought a Toyota prado new in 2007, it has been the most expensive piece of trouble I have ever had on the road. A commomn rail engine that needs a new turbo bottom end rebuild at 90,000 and the the injectors that take the piston and bores out at 100,000 is usless, especially at the ridiculous New Zealand prices for labour and parts, in all over $18,000 on repairs. (£9,000 pounds) disgusting!!! They make nothing in NZ yet have the most impossible regulations on earth and the most protectionist policies which inflate all of the transport to ordinary New Zealanders. The Toyota Prado is expensive unreliable and a waste of time. Don’t buy one. Hopefully the Mitsi will be better because it can’t be any worse - Richard Stanley from New Zealand

Submitted: 2009-10-30 | ID: 43524

Ciaran, Kent

Mitsubishi L200 2006

I bought my Animal 3 years old with 30,000 on the clock plus a full service history. Very, very reliable truck, just as good as the Toyota which I had before. It’s not had a easy life, pulling ton loads, trailers, and off roading covered in mud, the paint work and body are like new still. The parts I’ve paid for since 2003 to now apart from normal service items:- one wheel nut because the locking nut broke, clutch, drive shaft bearing , tail gate handle, exhaust. Buy BFGoodrich tyres, half road half off road, they last forever; road tyres wear too fast.

Submitted: 2009-08-04 | ID: 43516

Jon Ballard, England

Mitsubishi L200 2006

The 2006 L200 is a massive improvement on the old model. Much better fuel economy, better diving experience including a significantly improved turning circle which on the old model was awful. The driving experience is far more like a car than a van, particularly now that the vehicle has sat nav & rear parking sensors. Also, unlike the old model, you can drive the new one in permanent 4 wheel drive which is very useful in the wet.

Submitted: 2007-10-31 | ID: 43555