2010 L200 reviews

21 September 2017

2010 Mitsubishi L200 reviews

Mitsubishi L200 reviews by year of make: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Read all reviews

Steve oreilly, Merseyside

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 2006 - 2015

Select 4th to 3rd won't go in got to go to 2nd down box then into 3rd it's got 41000 on clock what can I do to fix this

Submitted: 2017-09-12 | ID: 143594

J.Sykes, Essex

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB LB DIESEL 2009 - 2015

2011 Barbarian 176bhp manual Same problem, changing DOWN to 3rd. Wont go in unless I go to opening of 2nd, then into 3rd. This started at 60k. Today 70k, now wont change UP to 3rd if cold. So obviously gets worse if not dealt with. Other than this and the rusting sidesteps I absolutely love the truck.

Submitted: 2016-10-11 | ID: 135867

Mike crook, Rhondda Cynon Taf

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB SPECIAL EDITIONS 2007 - 2015

Just purchased another l200 2007 animal, this is the seventh one I've had and well impressed with it, never had any problems with them. Lovely to drive, plenty of torque and if driven with the correct tyres on BFg all terrain unstoppable off road. If serviced regularly they will just keep going, have driven many 4x4 and nothing comes close to a Mitzi.

Submitted: 2015-02-22 | ID: 112128

EDWARD HOLT, East Sussex

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB LB DIESEL 2009 - 2015

Buyer beware gearbox fault 4th to 3rd won't go in on down changing in just 26000 miles and I'm not alone ! just out of warranty so Mitsubishi won't help, they all need to be recalled s I have been informed by a gearbox expert "there is a built in fault" not enough spines on the shaft MITSUBISHI PLEASE PLEASE recall your gearboxes before your loose your reputation completely as everything else on this vehicle is perfect, I have driven almost every single model of l200's and truly believed nothing came close !

i have a 09 l200 animal done 37000 as simolar problem and i agree they should be recalled - andy watkins from Powys

I have a 61 plate with 26k miles L200 Barbarian which is doing the same thing, no other issues apart from this. - Michele Davies from Kent

I have a 60plate L200 warrior and I have the same problem as a lot of people on here I have trouble getting into 3rd gear it just won't go into it ! - Jamie kelly from West Midlands

Submitted: 2014-08-12 | ID: 101390

lito, Philippines

Mitsubishi L200 L200 LWB DIESEL 2006 - 2015

Road test report web is great with giving lots of answers to car problem issues.

Submitted: 2014-08-01 | ID: 100693

Luc Paquin, Ghana

Mitsubishi L200 2010

I bought two 2010 L200 GLX turbo (built in Korea) for Work, both of which are used 80% of the time off road. One has 35,000 km and the other has 27,000km on the clock. After one year of having different drivers in them the only attention they’ve needed are oil changes and regular maintenance. They are VERY reliable. They are used in West Africa, Ghana. Nothing has broken on them as of yet and I get between 600 to 700km on 65ltrs of diesel. Great trucks!

Submitted: 2012-07-16 | ID: 43553

Marcus Marcou, England

Mitsubishi L200 2010

I bought a new Mitsubishi L200 BARBARIAN in Decemeber 2010 and in March 2011, about 4 months after the clutch burned I took it to Mitsubishi and they said to me that is not covered by the Mitsubishi warranty and I have to pay myself for all cost, a new clutch and labour about £1250.

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 43541

Darren Flower, England

Mitsubishi L200 2010

I brought the barbarian and so far have no regrets. The only trouble I have is with the roof box, it pops open all the time and when you park up you have to check it’s locked.

One of our employees had this vehicle on hire whilst ours was being repaired and in the time he had it, the lock on the rear tailgate failed to engage and fell open, losing several of his tools. When we called the hire company (before they knew about the loss of the tools) and they said not to worry about it, it’s a common problem and happens all the time! Has anyone else come across this problem? - Jacqui Power from Kent

Submitted: 2011-01-03 | ID: 43537

Martyn Homer, Gloucestershire

Mitsubishi L200 2010

Had a 2008 Animal before test driving the Barbarian and I couldn’t recommend that enough. The 2008 truck was reliable (after a couple of glitches) and went like hell. The 2010 Barbarian however, was a different kettle of fish. The thing fell apart after about 10 mins of driving it! The dash top popped out, the fuel flap fell off and when I opened the tailgate, the trim around the handle fell off too. It drove nowhere near as good as the old one. I am sorry to say that I was so disappointed I bought a Toyota Hilux instead, for less money to swap!

Submitted: 2010-09-24 | ID: 43534

M Lewis, England

Mitsubishi L200 2010

I drive a Toyota Hilux VX270 2003. It is ultra reliable. I test drove an demo L200 Barbarian Auto today. It is a very nice vehicle to drive. £26000 though, so a lot of money and the issue of reliability worries me.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-08-07 | ID: 43536

Syd Taylor, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi L200 2010

Pick-up trucks are hairy masculine vehicles for rufty-tufty types with names like Hank, Luke or Digger who all wear rigger boots and Stetsons and say ’Howdy’. ’Only baccy chewin’, ’red-necks’ who fly the Confederate flag and live at Dry Gulch Farm at the end of a mile long rutted track could even handle one of those’, I hear you say. Well, I say’ How wrong you are’. The new L200 Barbarian long cab pick-up from Mitsubishi that can double as a work vehicle (which some might call a truck) is not only easy for little Annie Oakley to drive, but is luxurious and comfy enough for her to drive to the High School Prom - dressed up an’ lookin all pretty like. At £26,935 it’s the dearest version of the L200 - the biggest selling pick-up in the UK. It’s not only popular here with Bob The Builder, but with anyone who wants a multi- purpose vehicle that will do just about everything - and it’s so much fun too, with a ’wow factor’ to impress everyone from Hell’s Angels to Eddie Stobart drivers. It offers a trunk load of goodies inside, like sat-nav to stop you getting lost on the Lonesome Pine Trail, a reversing camera to stop you reversing over the vicars wife’s Micra, super comfy leather seats for you and three large buddies (It’s a ’double cab’), a top quality sound system, air conditioning and power windows. There’s a general feeling of well-being and ’bigness’ - thanks to the spacious front and back accommodation which is insulated from the lumps and bumps over which you will, no doubt, drive at breakneck speed on your way to the metalled highway where you will be able to cruise surprisingly quietly at speed. As well as being capable and competent off- road thanks to switch-able four wheel drive, a set of well chosen low ratios and a ruggedness that could make a charging rhino think again about arguing with that ’tough truck with the separate ladder chassis and one tonne payload capacity’, the Barbarian is quite civilised and cosseting on long main road journeys - where you can set the cruise control and climate control and just relax and listen to Dolly Parton. The powerful 175bhp 2.5 litre diesel is simply splendid and will take you to 111mph if you want - but the walloping 295lbs/ft of torque at just 2000rpm is memorable. You can tow giant boats, caravans, horseboxes and even elephant boxes - and they do say that some dentists are considering using Barbarians to extract stubborn teeth. When not flexing its biceps and just moseying into town with no load on-board the Barbarian returns a pleasing 34/35 mpg overall. (Readers might like to know that a recently tested Ford Fiesta with an atomic gearbox only managed 32mpg overall!) - So let’s not hear any protests from the lettuce munching ’Green Lobby’. Surprisingly for a big vehicle with leaf spring rear suspension, it’s safe and secure on twisty roads and - loaded or unloaded - you can cut quite a pace through bends. In todays modern times even the Barbarians adopt a civilised form. It might not be subtle to the nth.degree with its 17" alloys and glittering chrome and stainless steel exterior details but it has all the vigour and poise of a Barbary steed and - on another continent and in a bygone age - if Hannibal had been equipped with a few of these, the Romans would have stood no chance, such is the overall capability on or off road. This is one Barbarian that will deliver the goods without brutalising your wallet. Hannibal would have really appreciated that trunk load of goodies and ’Alp-eating’ capacity - and while it packs more punch than a pachyderm, it’s invested with the style and poise of a catwalk model. So there you have it. The new Barbarian is as versatile as a batallion of brainy octopuses with so much grip to spare as to make suckers of its rivals.

Do you have a white stick to go with those very dark glasses? Used to sell 4x4’s, bought too many Mitsy’s, cost me my business. Out of nine 2006 on, animal, warriors etc, seven could not stay on the road for over a month without major work which cost me an arm and a leg because I am not like Mitsubishi, I honour my guarantees. When your rear springs break buy them from ebay, or anywhere else and get them fitted by a local garage [easy job] probably pay around £200 all in. Go to a mitsy dealer and after you morgage your house to pay for two springs fitted they will likely break again within six months. It’s just normal wear and tear, like the clutch [3yr old, 4,500 mile], cylinder head gaskets, 4,900 mile one, 5,900 mile one, 6,600 mile one, then the 8,100 mile cylinder head that went again at 8,500 miles. I could go on and on but I am running out of hair to pull... the wife used to say I was an animal, then a Warrior for trying Mitsy’s again, now she says I am a Spanish Pajero [at least it was a decent 4x4] - HONEST JOHN SMITH from Fife and Kinross Shires

Submitted: 2010-07-06 | ID: 43528

John Mellor, Kent

Mitsubishi L200 2010

All round a good truck, although I am having problems with the HMI / satnav screen. When the system is turned on it can take up to 2-3 hours to locate the sattelites and doesn’t always interface fully with the i-phone on bluetooth, i.e. no access to phonebook or direct dial numbers. Connection via lead into stereo for i-pod also intermittent. The vehicle is very well built and is a pleasure to drive but the problems with the electronics are spoiling what is otherwise a good vehicle. The problems are intermittent so the dealers say hard to sort surely it is just a change of unit that is needed?

Submitted: 2010-04-19 | ID: 43527