NISSAN INTERSTAR questions and answers

Nissan Interstar

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN INTERSTAR models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN INTERSTAR. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN INTERSTAR questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Deon, South Africa

Nissan Interstar

Need to knw why it vibrates at 80k changed all bearins and suspension parts except cv cos its not makin a noise

Submitted: 19/05/2017 21:25:53 | ID: 141400

Venessa, Telford and Wrekin

Nissan Interstar

Hi, We have an interstar but the engin has a bearing knock or a diesel knock apparently it is from not bleeding the water from the diesel build up. What can we do now.

Submitted: 28/12/2016 10:13:17 | ID: 137640

imeraan, South Africa

Nissan Interstar

Hi my name is Imeraan. Can someone help me with my problem my van starts and swings but once it gets to 3000 refs then it dies. I checked all the injectors all the glow blugs the whole computer box and the diesel pump i ran out of ideas. From where doest the injectors run, from the computer box or from whats sensors.

Submitted: 25/08/2016 18:14:13 | ID: 134640

James Tolmay, South Africa

Nissan Interstar

My interstar 120dci is also pushing oil up into the water bottle! Is it properly from head gasket or can I look at something else?

Submitted: 09/07/2016 05:54:43 | ID: 133358

andy shearman, Kent

Nissan Interstar

got problem with my engine for a few weeks as ive been excelarating the vans been holding back then picking up again in short bursts. now it feels like ive got no turbo kicking in on advice ive changed the turbo (new one) still the same problem feels like no turbo any ideas.thanks andy

Engine or Throttle ECU ??? ...We've injection n might be worth contacting Nissan Head office .. Sarah Campbell from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 22/05/2016 10:16:51 | ID: 131864

Ian Shepherd, Spain

Nissan Interstar

Does the interstate have a timing belt or chain

Yes it does have a belt and normally needs replacing after 150000 kilometers. Toni from Warwickshire

Submitted: 08/01/2016 12:59:37 | ID: 125736

Roland, Germany

Nissan Interstar

Hi my nissan interstar cuts off when is driving i have to turn key on and off then i kick start, and it dos.sent want to start with a key but the engine it,s sweeing nice but it will not start. Pls help

hi roland. i have the same problem and have to use easy start to start it. been told its due to needind to replase the fuel injectors or glow plugs also told it could be the starter moter not powerfull enoth the engine cuts out because the fuel sencore. switches its self of due to lack of presure mike from Devon

Submitted: 27/12/2015 16:31:56 | ID: 125202

malinda, South Africa

Nissan Interstar

I have a Nissan Interstar dci 120. We are busy putting the engine back etc and the bus doesn`t want to start. We need the timing marks. Is there any way you can assist me in this please?

Submitted: 22/04/2015 13:17:52 | ID: 115058

Andrew, Devon

Nissan Interstar

Hi just bought this van. ABS light, serv light, Stop light, and handbrake light remain permanantly on. The speedo is not working either are all these things related? van seems to drive fine.

Submitted: 26/01/2015 23:24:41 | ID: 110356

Debbie, Greece

Nissan Interstar

When I turn on the headlights, an audible alarm sounds.

Submitted: 16/12/2014 13:02:01 | ID: 107992

rolene merino, South Africa

Nissan Interstar

For about 2 years I have constantly had problems with my Nissan Interstar, from one problem to another. I really don't know what to do anymore. Any solutions anyone?

Submitted: 16/12/2014 09:25:03 | ID: 107978

Matt, Cambridgeshire

Nissan Interstar

Why do my indicators not flash when I lock my van yet they do when I unlock it, even though the van does lock?

Submitted: 21/10/2014 10:14:38 | ID: 104931

Brian Russell, County Down

Nissan Interstar

Excessive engine noise, sounds like it is coming from the gear train in the front timing cover,what could be causing this. Is it a common fault?

Submitted: 28/09/2014 11:56:21 | ID: 103749

Chris, Halton

Nissan Interstar

Hi can you tell me what spec engine oil I need for my 06 interstar dci100 ? Cheers

Submitted: 06/08/2014 07:12:21 | ID: 100996

Mike, South Africa

Submitted: 13/06/2014 18:13:56 | ID: 97617

Bruce Mash, South Africa

Nissan Interstar 2007

Oil goes up through the pipes into the water tank in my Nissan Interstar. Where is this oil coming from? Why is it going up to the water tank? This is strange! However when I drive the bus the engine sounds to be performing well. Can someone please help! I am confused!

Submitted: 11/03/2013 16:50:09 | ID: 67737

Lorato Dube, South Africa

Nissan Interstar 2007

I don`t seem to get the timing belt setting after overhauling the engine on my Nissan Interstar. Can anyone please help me with the timing belt settings?

Submitted: 17/08/2012 16:11:54 | ID: 85182

Thapelo Moeng, South Africa

Nissan Interstar 2007

My Nissan Interstar`s front wheels vibrate when driving at 80km/h upwards. I have replaced the shocks and the balljoint to no avail. Can anyone help?

I dnt have a answer to pb but i also hav da same issue Deon from South Africa

Submitted: 06/07/2012 16:10:39 | ID: 85563

Chris Sneyd, Ireland

Nissan Interstar 2003

Hi. The indicators on my Nissan Interstar won`t work unless hardwired and then they don`t flash. I have changed the flasher and a relay. I will be thankful for any help. Any ideas?

Submitted: 28/06/2012 11:36:53 | ID: 88627

Daniel Atherton, England

Nissan Interstar 2003

I have just changed the gear selector cables on my Nissan Interstar but now I can`t seem to get any gears. Is there a way to adjust these or are they self adjusting? Also does the van have to be in neutral before I attach the new cables? Thank you.

Submitted: 11/06/2012 10:41:50 | ID: 86883