NISSAN NAVARA questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NAVARA models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NAVARA. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NAVARA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

ted king, Saint Lucia

injectors 1 and two would not spray but 3 and 4 sprays very well

Submitted: 15/09/2017 22:47:26 | ID: 143649

Kondwani, Zambia

Nissan Navara

I was changing starter on my 2004 Nissan Navarra van and the NATS got activated and now the van wont start. how can I have this deactivated and start the van?

Submitted: 08/09/2017 09:04:39 | ID: 143524

Daniel, Australia

Nissan Navara

I have a 08 st-r d22 navara just brought it and went 4x4 driving for he first time over the weekend my quistion is is it bad to rev the engine in the 3-4000rpm range when climbing hills in 4x4 mode. Will this damage the engine and running gear if the car is probably maintained. General road driving I generally change gears at the 2krpm range.

Submitted: 20/08/2017 10:06:34 | ID: 143202

John Simpson, Ghana

Nissan Navara

I had the dual mass flywheel changed on Navara 40 D 2.5dci and when the flywheel sensor is plugged on the engine jerk and wouldn't start but when I unplug the flywheel sensor the engine start and the maximum speed I can get is 60 kmh. Please somebody should help me to solve this problem. From Accra, Ghana.

Submitted: 16/08/2017 20:22:45 | ID: 143141

mista, New Zealand

Nissan Navara

Any help please on what gp tool kit would I need to get to get a broken tip of a gp out ? It's pretty much broken right down in the glow plug hole

Submitted: 01/07/2017 17:03:16 | ID: 142298

mista, New Zealand

Nissan Navara

I've got a Nissan navara 2007 4×4 diesel turbo..that I need some help on how to get a broken glow plug tip out tthat's snapped off at the tip of the gp down the hole? Or what tool can I use to get it out thanks... I've tryed starting it to try blow it out but it's stuck pretty tight in there! Any help or ideas would be grate thanks.

Submitted: 01/07/2017 16:53:48 | ID: 142296

Paul, Middlesex

Nissan Navara

Hi, I have a navara d40 with auto gearbox. It is in limp mode (3rd gear) so exceleratas very slowly from a stationary position, I have had three gearbox specialists look at it and all done diagnostic tests with the results being solenoid faults, four in total I think. All three have said that it needs a new mecatronic or a replacement gearbox and would be around £2500 - £3000 to supply and fit, on top of this the gearbox computer would need programming to be synced to the engine computer (or the other way round possibly,) this would incur another large sum to do but only Nissan are able to do it but will not as they don't do this on secondhand or refurbished parts as they cannot guarantee it will last. Nissan will not sell the replacement solenoid as the beichles are being returned later with faults relating to the mecatronic. The car is in very good condition and has been serviced regularly bit it seems the cost of the repair is more than the cars value, I've been told it is only good as spares parts if I was to sell. Please help as I am at a loss of what to do. Paul.

What you have been told is true, your only other option wold be to try having a second hand gearbox fitted but that could be money wasted. Hugh from City of Glasgow

Submitted: 11/03/2017 22:04:10 | ID: 139764

RANDAL, Namibia

Nissan Navara

nissan navara 2.5D starting but not picking up its revs, it would respond late but only end at 2rmp

Check the fuel filter is clear of detritus, same with the air filter. Check for any stored fault codes in case the engine has gone into limp mode. Mick from Portugal

Thanks alot MICK it was the diesel filter, bought another and as soon as I got it in, the car was 100% RANDAL from Namibia

Submitted: 05/03/2017 05:22:37 | ID: 139474

Patrick, Ireland

Nissan Navara

2014 Nissan Navara Tekna D40 Auto - I disconnected my battery, and now that I've reconnected it, my radio and phone won't work. but it's not looking for a code. The Sat/Nav works and the Backup camera works. on the screen it shows Hertz. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem.

Submitted: 23/01/2017 16:40:10 | ID: 138352

jenifa kihwele, Tanzania

Nissan Navara

why nissan navara yd25 lates to start and also diesel overheats?

Submitted: 17/01/2017 10:58:45 | ID: 138184

Stephen ireland, County Londonderry

Nissan Navara

My navara drives great the management light comes on she goes on to limp mode white smoke from exuast I have to switch of and on again to cure it could happen in 2 minutes or could go for awhile can any body help

Submitted: 15/01/2017 12:44:03 | ID: 138101

dave, Denbighshire

Nissan Navara

hi my windscreen wipers work in all modes except in auto mode, any answers ? Dave

Submitted: 10/01/2017 20:55:53 | ID: 138013

linzel scully, Jamaica

Nissan Navara

hello i have a yd 25 engine and want to replace it with a gasoline engine wish engine will match up to the gear box ?

Submitted: 06/01/2017 01:12:45 | ID: 137852

david sweeney, Essex

Nissan Navara

Sat nav + stereo very slow to power up in the morning. Takes about 10 mins to get going. During the day its ok, only happens if left off for more than 2 hours. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 04/01/2017 10:35:06 | ID: 137797

barent, Zambia

Nissan Navara

Have a Nissan navara yd25 when u move on high speed then stop it removes white smoke that smells of diesel what can be the problem

Submitted: 17/12/2016 17:01:14 | ID: 137419

Anthony lear, Bristol

Nissan Navara

How do I remove the third brake light on my d40 ,there are no visible screws?

Submitted: 14/12/2016 05:43:03 | ID: 137368

Francis, South Africa

Nissan Navara

Navara 4L V6 petrol losses power when accelerating what can be the problem?

Submitted: 06/12/2016 02:37:46 | ID: 137196

benn, Kenya

Nissan Navara

My Navara when climbing upper hill has no power, and also produces black smoke

Submitted: 05/12/2016 15:12:29 | ID: 137184

Bill, South Africa

Nissan Navara

Hi we have a Navara pick up when you drive there is a knocking noise but once you get to 2000 rmp the noise goes away and lacking power. Can it be the injectors?

Submitted: 15/11/2016 10:17:50 | ID: 136707

Tenino, South Africa

Nissan Navara

My NIssan NAvara loses power when in an idling state, when switching the ignition off and back on the problem is solve until it gets back to an idling state. Please help , what could the problem be.

Submitted: 11/11/2016 06:48:11 | ID: 136615

Kenny mash, Hertfordshire

Nissan Navara

I have a Nissan hardbody 3.0 and when I start the engine in the morning it revvs to the maximum as if it's gonna explode so I have to quickly turn it off. I can't drive the car at the moment because I'm scared I might course more harm. I had the problem earlier and was advised that it was the turbo of which I installed a new one and the truck worked perfect for a few weeks. Now I don't know what may be the problem. Any advise much appreciated, thank you Kenny

Submitted: 01/11/2016 15:01:51 | ID: 136412

George, Australia

Nissan Navara

Hi i have a nissan navara 2000 model. It is a single cab/chassis petrol 2,4 litre D22. The vehicle grinds gears changing up or down. Have you any advice? Could it be clutchkit or a damaged gearbox?

Submitted: 25/10/2016 10:35:44 | ID: 136230

Karl, West Sussex

Nissan Navara

Where can I buy a glow plug relay for my vehicle

Submitted: 21/09/2016 18:05:06 | ID: 135354

erik, Isle of Wight

Nissan Navara

hi , just bought this pick up , will not rev above 2500 rpm, previous owner was told its the diesel fuel pump, only done 88000 miles. could it be the suction control valve? if so , where is it located? tomorrow i will change fuel filter first,to eliminate this. maybe its the pump after all...... thanks, erik.

Submitted: 05/09/2016 22:22:57 | ID: 134951

lameck memba, Kenya

Nissan Navara

my car wont start at some time till i wait for 5min then try again then it works

Submitted: 03/09/2016 11:30:25 | ID: 134869

kurt, Australia

Nissan Navara

malfunction light flashing loss power after fuel filter changing why

Submitted: 01/09/2016 09:11:09 | ID: 134812

anim, Ghana

Nissan Navara

please my car has not been pulling over two weeks now and it has been taking to japan motors to solve but still is they couldnt solve it for me.please i want to know the exact problem and the solution to solve it.

Submitted: 25/08/2016 18:57:11 | ID: 134644

Rupert Scott, Essex

Nissan Navara

The headlamp washers have stopped working on my Nissan Navara Tekna (reg. No S8 GRP). They're not even rising up out of the bumper. The fuses all appear to be okay.

Submitted: 22/08/2016 11:24:19 | ID: 134559

Paul harris, Powys

Nissan Navara

Blower works on all settings except window screen

Submitted: 16/08/2016 07:30:14 | ID: 134396

steiny1969@hotmail.com, West Lothian

Nissan Navara

Ok engine management light came on Glow plug relay fault So far I've replaced glow plugs (twice) New battery new glow plug relay I reset the fault engine management light goes I can then sit and test this all day engine on no fault (glow plugs always go off after 10seconds) But once I start driving the vehicle the light will come on after a few days Helllllllp It's no prob starting and runs great just can't keep the engine management light off

My engine just stops, it has done it over 100 times since Wednesday 3rd Aug. just after full services carry out on the car. It stops when engine is cold and when I'm driving or slowing down when the engine will just stops. Obviously no acceleration and the lights coming on is a big clue. If I turn the engine off and start it again, it starts no problem and carries on. I need help please. Francis from Greater London

Submitted: 13/08/2016 12:32:09 | ID: 134327

Moeen, Pakistan

Nissan Navara

Problem is,,one of injector was leaked,after repairing,heavy knocking and missing with jet black smoke,i also replaced the injector but no solution yet,plz help me out

Submitted: 09/08/2016 17:48:01 | ID: 134232

chris, South Africa

Nissan Navara

My navara doesn't have dim on the headlight, I had check relay an fuse all are working but its still not working

Submitted: 03/08/2016 11:22:47 | ID: 134083

Martin, South Africa

Nissan Navara

Hi, I have a 2012 Navara K/Cab 2.5 Diesel. When accelerating hard or especially driving steep uphills, the Brake Warning Light comes on. I have checked the Brake Fluid level, which is fine. Is there any other reason why the light will come on? What can I do to rectify the problem?

Submitted: 22/07/2016 11:04:26 | ID: 133720

michael, City of Glasgow

Nissan Navara

I have a 2003 Nissan navara that keeps over charging changed battery and altinator, any ideas ?

Submitted: 08/07/2016 11:06:44 | ID: 133340

Mustaffa, Armagh

Nissan Navara

Sir..my car problem so weak when backward .if flat road no problem..problem occur when back ward on high land however 1 feet..its take time to backward.. when blow the engine one minute car will move..please help me..

Submitted: 03/07/2016 01:44:01 | ID: 133206

Ademola, Botswana

Nissan Navara

Hi my Nissan navara 2006, 2.5dci missing oil with water and over heating hv check the coolant and radiator no linkage on any pipe pls help.

Submitted: 02/07/2016 21:05:12 | ID: 133202

ntsako mathebula, South Africa

Nissan Navara

Hello i just wanna know what might be the problem because my navara diesel engine manual transmission 2.5dci is not picking up speed, from 40km/h it becomes stubborn and goes only up to 60km/h. Please help what might be the problem?

hei you better check your turbo buddy..when the turbo fail the vehicle tend to struggle to attain top speed.thanks Dun from Kenya

Submitted: 28/06/2016 14:39:34 | ID: 133065

Philly, Barbados

Nissan Navara

I has a Navara d22 2002 model I am having some issues with driving and stalling and some times hard start so I wait for 15 minutes and it would start and repeat it again.i change the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor and I also change the priming pumy

Submitted: 14/06/2016 00:54:43 | ID: 132634

Philly, Barbados

Nissan Navara

Why is my d22 zd 30 Nissan frontier would drive and stall and it would take 15minutes to restarts

Submitted: 12/06/2016 11:42:38 | ID: 132584

chris, South Africa

Nissan Navara

Just finished overhauling my nissan navara D40 an it won't start I have check all things an I it idles sometimes but it does not rev an when it idles sometimes it has diesel knock please help Chris south Africa

Submitted: 12/06/2016 06:31:25 | ID: 132577