NISSAN NP300 questions and answers

Nissan NP300

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NP300 models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NP300. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NP300 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Lunguza, South Africa

Nissan NP300

When I start may bakkie, it's start by making knocking noise when it's still cold and the sound dissapers when it gets warm. The bakkie is NP300 diesel with less than 20 000km on the odometer. What is the problem and what is the cause on a new bakkie?

Submitted: 04/09/2017 17:36:25 | ID: 143481

Joseph, South Africa

Nissan NP300

My bakkie shows engine light on dashboard and starting from that day it doesn't have to pull now it 80km per hour and below. I don't know the problem I hope you will help guys to identify the problems. Regards Joseph.

Submitted: 03/09/2017 23:45:04 | ID: 143466

Phanel, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Refuse to start,not getting diesel to filter in time

Submitted: 26/08/2017 12:27:41 | ID: 143323

Naboom Auto Clinic, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Goodday I replace my nissan np300 injectors with agent injectors and calibrate it. The bakkie starts great no noise,idling great. Then when I start it doesn't rev up and it doesn't idle. What can the problem be.

Submitted: 11/08/2017 10:27:40 | ID: 143064

Harsh, Trinidad and Tobago

Nissan NP300

Every morning when I start my van it keeps tumbling for about 5-10 seconds and then starts followed by white smoke. If however I turn the ignition and leave it for about 10-15 seconds it starts without tumbling . Suggested wasnthat one of the injectors is dribbling fuel overnight . Can it be a pump?

Submitted: 08/08/2017 02:50:17 | ID: 142990

Charles, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Indicator not working..I checked fuses are okay

Submitted: 01/08/2017 09:14:50 | ID: 142837

Mokone, South Africa

Nissan NP300

A Nissan model 2012 diesel double cap shows engine light continuously and no power beyond 80 km/h. Minor service done (oil change, fuel filter, etc.). Initial diagnose is P1275 code about sensor. Apparently no fuel pump found. What can I do about this p1275 sensor diagnosis and power deficit?

Its a fuel pressure sensor juss replace the old Jethro from Middlesbrough

Submitted: 03/07/2017 10:14:15 | ID: 142333

Wilfred, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Handbrake light doesnt turn off what might be the problem

Submitted: 27/06/2017 06:02:26 | ID: 142189

George, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Vehicle overheated now wil not start. At forst i rwaluse it does not push fuel from tank to engine. Having bridged the fuel system i managed to get fuet to the engine but the vehicle still would not start. It has spark and the Attery is fully charged

Submitted: 22/06/2017 09:51:50 | ID: 142068

trust, Somerset

Nissan NP300

Hi I have Nissan yd25 double Cad struggling to acceleration on idle and no power to drive ,no engine line or smoking on it

Submitted: 10/06/2017 17:42:59 | ID: 141850

Thabani Hlela, South Africa

Nissan NP300

What is the cause of powerless (everything is new)

Submitted: 31/05/2017 05:57:36 | ID: 141644

Victor, Zimbabwe

Nissan NP300

I have a single cab NP300 with a TD27 engine. Recently its giving issues with starting. It gives clicking sounds. Also yesterday i noticed that when i step on the brakes the dashboard is lighting up. What could be the cause of my issues?

Submitted: 29/05/2017 13:36:42 | ID: 141609

kenny, Zimbabwe

Nissan NP300

My 2014 NP 300 4×4 3.2 Double Cab with about 95 000km on the clock smokes heavily when I start the engine in the morning. What could be the problem

Submitted: 20/05/2017 21:08:00 | ID: 141420

Dirk, South Africa

Nissan NP300

I want to ad the female trailer plug to my 2017 NP300 petrol bakkie. I see inside the engine compartment in the fuse box that there is no fuse at the taillight space as marked on the lid. There is also only 1 contact pin which is strange for me. What is that for? I having problems connecting a new trailor plug. The fuse for the tail light inside the cabin keep fusing when I turn the light switch on. I have cut all the wires at the loom going to the rear and did not connect any new wires yet, but fuse keep blowing.

Submitted: 06/05/2017 16:00:37 | ID: 141132

Bennie, South Africa

What head mast be on the 25yd engin

Submitted: 01/05/2017 15:24:47 | ID: 141035

Conlias, Zimbabwe

Nissan NP300

I have a Nissan Np300 2.5tdi manual transmission failing to exceed a speed of 80km/h even when driving on the highway and even when I have reached (selected ) the final (fifth) gear it can not exceed the speed of 80km/h, it also seems like loosing power. I have replaced the fuel, oil and air filter with new ones but there is no change at all. What can be the possible causes of this problem?

Might be overdrive solenoid sticking on prematurely otherwise cold be many things. Have you checked the turbo boost? Check intercooler flow and turbo hoses for leaks, splits or loose connections. Hugh from City of Glasgow

Check also your crank sensor Muzi from South Africa

Submitted: 06/04/2017 15:18:37 | ID: 140453

Conlias, Zimbabwe

Nissan NP300

My Nissan Np300 2.5tdi manual transmission is failing to exceed a speed of 80km /h even when driving on the highway. It also appears that it has no power even after engaging the final fifth gear it can not exceed a speed of 80km/h, what are the possible causes?

Submitted: 06/04/2017 15:06:31 | ID: 140452

Nyana, South Africa

Nissan NP300

My 2004 ZD30 doesn't go into gear when engine is on. What could be the problem. Recently had the gear box checked and nothing was found to be wrong. Could it be the Diff perhaps?

Can you select the gears OK when the engine is switched off? If you can, then the clutch is not releasing when the engine is running. If you cannot select gears even when the engine is off then you have a gear / cable linkage or selector problem. Hugh from City of Glasgow

Replace the clutch kits Jethro from Middlesbrough

Submitted: 28/03/2017 13:40:24 | ID: 140215

John, Tanzania

Nissan NP300

I have NP300 2.5 diesel single cabin with 65578km 2015 The car does not have power, when I step onto acc rev count up to 3000rpm only but the engine light does not show on.What is the problem.

Submitted: 27/03/2017 12:49:42 | ID: 140189

Thatelo Nyathi, South Africa

Nissan NP300

What causes the NP300 Hardbody. 2.5 TD. 2013 model 's gears to stick when I start it. They are so hard and only loosen up after 20-30 mins idling.

Submitted: 12/03/2017 14:24:25 | ID: 139786

Chris, South Africa

Nissan NP300

My nissan np300 2.5 tdi when i am driving it jerks slightly then the engin light light up and it gos into limp mode, what can be the problem, i have changed the feul filters and the problem remains

Submitted: 02/03/2017 22:14:41 | ID: 139390

Chris, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Hi there my np300 2.5 tdi starts jerking slightly then the engin light lit up and go,s into oimp mode, what seems to be the problem?

Did u sort the problem as am having the same issue Dharam Hirani from County Down

Submitted: 02/03/2017 22:10:51 | ID: 139389

Andy, South Africa

Nissan NP300

i have just noticed that after washing my nissan np300 hardbody bakkie, the car is soaked with water under the carpets covering the floor, when i squeeze it down lots of water show even under the seats not sure where the water gets in

Submitted: 06/02/2017 11:07:28 | ID: 138727

Emmanuel, Ghana

Nissan NP300

The head gasket is changed the water still evapoeate tell me the reason

Cylinder head may be cracked, remove it and get it pressure tested. Also, to cause the trouble initially, engine may have been overheated and caused cylinder head to warp, need to get cylinder head surfaced to restore machined finish. Hugh from City of Glasgow

Submitted: 03/02/2017 22:57:24 | ID: 138658

tony, South Africa

Nissan NP300

My 2.5 yd25 2012 does not have power. When I step onto acceletator rev count up to 3000rpm and it shows the engine light

Submitted: 29/12/2016 06:58:03 | ID: 137660

Braham Scheepers, South Africa

Nissan NP300

Hi. I have a 2013 NP300 2.5tdi double cab.When driving and turning,their is a klonk sound from front right wheel did changed upper and lower ball joints,but stil have that klonk sound.What can be wrong.

If only at slow speed and FULL steering lock on an uneven surface the steering stop bolt is catching on the face of the stop. Put a blob of grease on the ends of the adjustable stop bolts. Malcolm from South Africa

Submitted: 27/12/2016 19:02:35 | ID: 137629

Harry Botha, South Africa

Nissan NP300

My Nissan engine wont start. It tends to fire but wont run. The engine light also stays on all the time on the dashboard. I thought it was a fuel filter problem but changed them and still having the same problem

It might be valve at diesel pressure pump .one at the top.If yo u loosen nut of pipe to the rail,crank the engine and no diesel coming out it is that valve. Make sure their is 12v with key on. I Mupfumwa from Mozambique

Submitted: 08/11/2016 14:09:10 | ID: 136558

niole christopher, Mauritius

my np 300 engine it start when h accelerate it stop

Submitted: 03/11/2016 00:14:16 | ID: 136442

Evans, Kenya

Nissan NP300

what could be the prblem of a ZD30 diesel turbo engine that has got a hardstart in the morning even after replacing the heater plugs?

Check the voltage to the heater plugs.There is a timer relay which is controlled by a temperature sensor in the engine block. Malcolm from South Africa

Submitted: 22/10/2016 09:43:08 | ID: 136135

Evans, Kenya

Nissan NP300

what could be the problem of a turbo engine of a nissan hardbody that has a harstart in the morning even after changing the heater plugs and its a diesel engine?

Heater plug system failure. When engine is cold batt voltage should go to heater plugs for not less than 7seconds .lf it is less check temp sensor. If heating for 7secs might be other problem I Mupfumwa from Mozambique

Submitted: 22/10/2016 09:23:59 | ID: 136133

dasby, Botswana

Nissan NP300

i have MP300 single sometimes it gives a hard start and switches off when you reverse and when you engage on gear one

Submitted: 30/06/2016 10:53:51 | ID: 133123

francis damoah, Monaghan

np300 injector is not spraying

Submitted: 17/06/2016 07:12:37 | ID: 132739

Joe, Plymouth

Nissan NP300

Hi, I have overhaul my zd30 nissan 4×4.when I start the engine normal but when I accelerate it makes alot of noise.when I diagnosed it tells me is injector pump timing wrong .idid put it right but still noise when I accelerate.

Submitted: 05/06/2016 14:11:58 | ID: 132372

itanioscar@gmail.com, South Africa

Nissan NP300

I have fitin another engine on my np 300 when I try to start it it's starting and it shows that it's not supplying diesel

Submitted: 04/06/2016 13:41:18 | ID: 132351

Abraham Lungu, Zambia

Nissan NP300

Please what are the causes of hard starting in NP300 Nissan with ZD30 Engine Turbo Charged even if the heater plugs have been Changed. This usually happens in the morninig. Please help iam really in trouble with these Nissan Vehicles but i like them.

Submitted: 02/06/2016 21:39:11 | ID: 132310

Phumlani, South Africa

Nissan NP300

my Nissan yd25 d/c does not revv properly,when I step onto the accelerator ,it responds slowly & its difficult for the revv meter to reach 3000rpm,it shows the engine light and after diagnostics it produced inj adj val unrgst and ckp sensor/ circurt just wondering what it could be? car doesnot have power, please help.

Submitted: 13/05/2016 08:54:00 | ID: 131467

Albert Pereira, South Africa

Nissan NP300

I have a 2010 Nissan NP300 2.5 diesel Hardbody Double Cab with 91,000km. I have a intermittent problem at times that when changing to third and four gear its as if it take a few second before the turbo kicks in (as if its sluggish or a dead plug on a petrol car) but the problem is it does not happen all the time. I took it to a mechanic and his diagnostics machine is unable to find any fault. Could someone please shed some light Albert

Submitted: 11/05/2016 14:37:14 | ID: 131416

jason la croix, Trinidad and Tobago

Nissan NP300

I recently engaged the 4wd low switch in my nissan np300 2015 pickup truck in order to assist pulling a honda civic out of a ditch. However after going back to normal 2wd Hi the vehicle seems sluggish and tight similar to how it feels in 4wd , the acceleration is not as aggressive as it was previously . Any suggestions as to why this may be happening now ?

Submitted: 09/05/2016 15:20:07 | ID: 131341

linda, South Africa

Nissan NP300

I HAVE A NP 200 NISSAN BAKKIE 1,6i .IT NOT SUPPLYING , IT DOES NOT START,LIGHT,HOOTER AND THE DASHBOARD LIGHT ALSO NOT WORK. IT STARTED WHEN WAS CHANGING BATTERY WHEN I PLACE THE NEW AND BEING TO TIED THE NUT A SPACK CAME OUT WHEN THE SPANNER TOUCH A CLOSE METAL. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN , AND HOW CAN IT BE FIXABLE. THANK. ON YOUR OPTION YOU DO NOT HAVE NP 200 year 2010,SO I HAVE PUT NP300SO THAT I CAN SENT THIS.

Submitted: 25/04/2016 20:47:20 | ID: 130811

Ryan, Wexford

Nissan NP300

My turbo makes a funny noise on 4th gear when I accelerate and the turbo engage after that it's normal could it be contaminations in the fuel like water for example

Submitted: 04/04/2016 01:07:30 | ID: 129913