2010 NV200 reviews

2010 Nissan NV200 reviews

Nissan NV200 reviews by year of make: 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Adrian Hallard, Staffordshire

Nissan NV200 NV200 DIESEL 2009

Bought this 3 years ago as a 100 mile on clock pre registered. Back in march 2017 just before warranty ran out warning lights on dash engine in limp mode. Went back to Nissan and injector replaced two weeks later days before warranty injector again replaced under warranty. At this point 20000 miles on clock. Now 6 months later and a modest 3000 miles later warning lights on dash and limp mode presume its an injector again. Rang the same nearest Nissan garage to book in this morning for next week. They said they will ring back (no they did not) so come Monday will have to try again. regret buying a Nissan now . I have been driving for over 40 years various makes and this has been the worst suggest you consider a different make

Submitted: 2017-09-02 | ID: 143439

d gavin, East Lothian

Nissan NV200 NV200 DIESEL 2009

hi (Nissan nv200) has anybody had any problems with the DPF the these van would like to hear your story....thanks in advance

DPF problems can be caused by not using the correct oil specification. Should be C3 (low ash). - Geert-Jan Smolders from Netherlands

Submitted: 2015-10-19 | ID: 122502

Nissan NV200 2010

I don’t understand these mileage figures, unless there are genuine faults. I’m still getting approx 53 urban and 60 on a run. The reports of intermittent clonking when idling hot, which seems to be coming from the engine, is in fact from the exhaust system catching on something at the rear, which is only really noticeable when stationary and facing uphill. It’s caused by a sloppy rubber hanger on the back-box. The dealer tightened it up with a big ty-wrap, but it still does it occasionally.

Submitted: 2013-11-27 | ID: 44038

Rick, Wiltshire

Nissan NV200 2010

I wanted a small van after driving around in a Renault Master for a decade. Fell in love with the looks of the NV200. Ordered a 2 yr old online - ex-lease. I had a quick test drive and it seemed quite nice, so I just went for it. Big mistake on my part! After a while I realised it’s very twitchy when driving, you have to concentrate hard all the time. There are no decent places to store anything and the glovebox doesn’t even have a door on the E version. There is no temp gauge only a red or a green light. But all of that pales in the light of the biggest issue I am now facing - the head gasket has just gone! on a van with less that 25k on the clock? I drive like a nun, so it either had seriously rotten previous owners, or this is a design flaw? Fortunately it’s being repaired under the Nissan warranty but I doubt i’ll be keeping it for very long after I get it back.

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 44031

Marcus, Cheshire

Nissan NV200 2010

I’ve had mine 3 months now and I think it’s great so far. Even when loaded up it still returns around 55mpg and drives well! If I have any problems I’ll add at a later date.

Still going great! but dont think i`ll use Nissan for a service - £360! just for a service, so I used a local garage at half the price - from England

Submitted: 2012-05-10 | ID: 44034

Jem Blackband, Dorset

Nissan NV200 2010

A fantasic van, which I have owned from new with no problems. The service costs are a little high, but its great for travelling long distances and it’s good on fuel.

Submitted: 2011-12-27 | ID: 44020

Nissan NV200 2010

Further to my previous post: Well the headlight alignment problem proved to be a real ongoing swine of a fault.. Nothing on their database, but it was found to be bad earths (on manufacture) due to tags being bolted on to a painted chassis surface. It took them several attempts, but it’s now fixed. While all this was going on, the ECU went down leaving me with no starter and a scrambled display etc. I managed to bump start it and limp it back to the main dealer. At £750 a pop, I’m glad it’s still under full warranty! This is my fifth Nissan and I’ve never really had any electrical problems before. A careful run (Derby-York) achieved 63.8 mpg! A great engine and I still love it!

Nissan sources the diesel unit from Renault. Alright engine, but absolutely rubbish electrics. Had issues of the same engine they put in my Nissan Micra. Dealer after dealer said it was the ECU that was causing the engine to just cut out. They ’knew’ this as the ’mechanics’ simply plugged it into a computer to find out the error. They charged me £80 each time to do this. In reality, by checking myself, the fuses that connect the ECU to the electrical system had broken. Nissan charges not much to replace them, but they would rather charge you for the ECU... so beware... - from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2011-12-12 | ID: 44024

Paul, Sussex

Nissan NV200 2010

After many years with a VW Transporter this nNV00 is so up to date, my old van felt like a tank in comparison. With new emission regs coming up in January this van does well on the juice. This van is the only one about, which can replace The Transporter as it comes close to size and carry capacity; with the seat down it can carry 2.4 x 600mm board or 2.7m timbers and still give 50 or more mpg. I Looked at Vivaros and Trafics second hand, but too expensive. I like the NV200 the best and it’s got enough gadgets too. If you try it you will like it. The cabin is very roomy. A bit smaller than the Transporter but a good van.

Submitted: 2011-07-22 | ID: 44009

Nissan NV200 2010

Bought mine s/h, 10 months old, only 3k on the clock, from a main dealer. Had it for nearly 2 months now, and it is pretty impressive, compared to my old Vanette cargo, which I had for 8 or 9 years. 2 faults, headlight alignment, and a rattling exhaust were both fixed the following day after booking it in. THINGS I LIKE: Performance: Initial concerns that a 1461cc engine, and a 5 speed box wouldn’t be up to it on a van this size, proved to be unfounded. It is nippy, and the ratios seem just about right even with a decent load on. Handling: Seems to be glued to the road, even in the wet. (Maybe the OEM Dunlops). Great turning circle for a FWD vehicle. Economy: 50+ mpg is easily achievable unless you thrash it. Comfort: Nice seats, driving position and visibility. However the quietness of the engine is somewhat offset by the rather excessive road noise. Nice radio. THINGS I’LL JUST GET USED TO: Fierce brakes, Over-light power steering, "grabby"clutch, clutch pedal too high, Thin, hard, "toothbrush handle" steering wheel, Feather-light, but rather "notchy" gearbox. Sometimes reverse won’t go in properly. THINGS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BETTER: No 30 MPH on the speedo scale, and the KPH scale is illegible. The digital display could be bigger (there is room), and higher contrast. The worst thing is the controls for the display use the legacy stalks on the speedo, only accessable through the steering wheel, hopeless when the vehicle is in motion. No passenger arm-rest (there is room). Stowage space: all the wrong size/shape and placement, much of it useless. Where is the cover for the glove box? Nowhere to put a large format map book at all. A COUPLE OF TIPS: A 12x10x5 inch food container fits nicely under the passenger seat, giving a bit more out-of-sight storage for bits and bobs. I have (temporarily) removed the bulkheads. They bend backwards into the load space quite bit, reducing the load length by 9-12 inches. You need a T40 star-driver and a 10mm socket, but you have to drill off the 2 tamper-proof (silver) dome headed bolts also. This means I can now take advantage of the clever fold-flat passenger seat, should I need to carry something long, like a ladder. CONCLUSION: A great innovative design, just let down by a few obvious, mainly cosmetic, shortcomings. But I love it really.

Submitted: 2011-04-25 | ID: 44011

Dave Bailey, Surrey

Nissan NV200 2010

Glad it’s only leased. Not a very good van. I work nationally and do a lot of motorway mileage. The fuel economy is not that good, not very good at pulling away without a huge lag between lifting the clutch and actually moving. When a (mild) cross wind hits it’s frightening, bounces all over the road even when over taken by anything larger. The cabin area storage is lousy and has been over complicated to make it impractical for trades people. Having intermittant trouble with the central locking and alarm resulting in £1000 tools being stolen with no sign of break in (and yes it was locked). Good point - The stereo!

Totally agree! This has to be the worst van I’ve ever driven, shocking, it’s so bad. I really hope mine is stolen so I can get something better! - Karl Orton from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2011-02-10 | ID: 44012

Stephen Unsworth, Lancashire

Nissan NV200 2010

I have just bought the Nissan NV200 and it destroys all the vans I have ever had. It’s superb to drive, has got more gadgets than a lear jet (it’s only a van) and it does not drink diesel but merely sips it. It’s large enough to get a full bathroom suite in and all the tools to fit it. The comfort is worthy of many a high class car. The small size engine is no hindrance to modern driving on British roads, the only drawback is that it seems to bounce a little, but that is a problem I can live with; all the benefits outweigh this one niggle. Well done Nissan!<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-29 | ID: 44015

Jonathan Arnot, Argyllshire

Nissan NV200 2010

Having driven the NV200 van for 13,000 miles carrying reasonable loads the two main issues I have difficulty with are: 1). The NV200 reacts alarmingly to cross winds feeling like you are not in control of the steering, the van lurches 300 to 400 mm off your chosen driving line! The NV200 has you gripping the steering wheel tight with white knuckles as you struggle to keep the vehicle on the road while at speeds of less than 50 mph. I have asked the Nissan garage to check out the suspension and steering twice without any reason being found. 2). The servicing costs so far have been way too high with a £250 service twice in the first year! These issues make me want to get rid of the van ASAP

Submitted: 2011-01-28 | ID: 44014

Manx Grand Prix Fan, England

Nissan NV200 2010

Brilliant on fuel, Rented one for a week from IOM airport last year. Completed over 500 miles in the week, on small roads and it still returned over 54 mpg. My mpg figure was via a calculator, I didn’t realise it had a computer!! Any neg comments? it did tend to bounce around a little, but the roads we used were often very minor, so the problem probably arose from the roads we used. Would I buy one? certainly, if it’s long enough to get a bike in (I forgot to measure) but I am now considering a purchase.

Submitted: 2011-01-07 | ID: 44016

Greenline Couriers, Yorkshire

Nissan NV200 2010

Great on diesel, nice ride and loads space in back. We’re a courier firm going all over uk and this van is second to none, ace van.

Submitted: 2010-12-27 | ID: 44010