2011 NV200 reviews

2011 Nissan NV200 reviews

Nissan NV200 reviews by year of make: 2010 2011 2012 Read all reviews

Adrian Hallard, Staffordshire

Nissan NV200 NV200 DIESEL 2009

Bought this 3 years ago as a 100 mile on clock pre registered. Back in march 2017 just before warranty ran out warning lights on dash engine in limp mode. Went back to Nissan and injector replaced two weeks later days before warranty injector again replaced under warranty. At this point 20000 miles on clock. Now 6 months later and a modest 3000 miles later warning lights on dash and limp mode presume its an injector again. Rang the same nearest Nissan garage to book in this morning for next week. They said they will ring back (no they did not) so come Monday will have to try again. regret buying a Nissan now . I have been driving for over 40 years various makes and this has been the worst suggest you consider a different make

Submitted: 2017-09-02 | ID: 143439

d gavin, East Lothian

Nissan NV200 NV200 DIESEL 2009

hi (Nissan nv200) has anybody had any problems with the DPF the these van would like to hear your story....thanks in advance

DPF problems can be caused by not using the correct oil specification. Should be C3 (low ash). - Geert-Jan Smolders from Netherlands

Submitted: 2015-10-19 | ID: 122502

Neil Sunderland, Lancashire

Nissan NV200 2011

I have the lower brake horse power model, it is a cracking van with lots of attributes. My vehicle I bought 2nd hand with full service history, I made sure it was HPI clear using the most comprehensive checks via RAC (see reports on the internet as even other established vehicle checks are somewhat lacking) but I too am only getting 40 mpg on mixed driving roads being a service engineer probably carrying half the weight allowed and I drive like a nun, actually changing gear before the indicator comes on. Like I said I still consider this van a good choice.

Submitted: 2013-09-16 | ID: 44039

Dr Bob, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Nissan NV200 2011

Owned from new (pre reg 7 miles) Day 1: 1. Hazard lights not working. 2. Internal central locking switch not working. 3. 12v outlet not working. 4. Rear hi mount brake lamp half full of water. 5. Intermittent exhaust rattle, 6. Plastic retaining clips missing from (loose) radiator grill this also led on to. 7. An intermittent shudder from the clutch (replaced under warranty). 8. an intermittent knocking noise from the engine on idle when hot. 9. A noisy tappet type sound/knock especially when cold The knocking noise although witnessed by the mechanic did not show up an error code and was explained as a "characteristic". Took it up with Nissan Uk who just constantly referred me back to the dealer. I eventually became so despondent with the vehicle (the clutch shudder was also starting to come back) I traded it in only having done 8000 miles. Apart from the above I also found the van to have a harsh bumpy ride when unladen, clunky gearbox and a tendency to snake about in windy conditions. Good Points: Good mpg at 49’ish.

Submitted: 2013-04-28 | ID: 44036

Steven, Cambridgeshire

Nissan NV200 2011

The worst van I personally have ever been given to use, being 6ft 5" my knee keeps hitting the badly placed electric window control (I’d rather have manual windows than that lump there) when driving. Also the seat has no hight adjust so it is causing me to have to lean forward to even see out of the windscreen. The seat offers little or no support, engine has very little power and it’s been back to Nissan four times as the passenger window would not go down and then when it did it would not come back up. The reversing sensors beep when nothing is behind you so I had these disconnected. The auxillary iPod port packed up after a week and the ABS produced a fault after 2 weeks. The only good things I can say about it is it gives good MPG and load space. The van is going back and I am swapping it back for a Ford Transit again. This is only my opinion as some of my work mates love it, but its not for me.

You’re 6 ft 5 in and had to lean forward to look out the window? - from Ireland

Hi, I’m 6ft 7 and I have no problem with visibility and space, it has more cab room than my VW 2010 Transporter? This van does what its supposed to do and with 2 sliding doors a bonus. Also I’m not used to a van that’s not off the road every month with faults like the VW and when you complain you are told you are a tester for us lol. You really need to go and test drive as it may not be for everyone, if so life would be so boring - John Mac from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 2012-02-13 | ID: 44017

Micheal B, Devon

Nissan NV200 2011

I went for a test drive in the NV and found it rather good considering that it is a car derived van. My kids liked the fact that they could stand up in it (they are 8 and 9 yrs). It rides nice and the height for the driver is great. The only complaint I have is the fact that there is not that many options availible, but I hope that will change with time.

Submitted: 2012-01-13 | ID: 44021

Geert-Jan Smolders, Netherlands

Nissan NV200 2011

I like the car a lot, but it’s replacing a 1994 Opel Campo Pickup so my view might be distorted! It does bump a bit on bad roads, but acceptable. Pros: roomy, just in between a Caddy/Berlingo and the larger van’s. Very easy to drive in a town, easy steering and high point of view. Cons: had to put on extra mirror’s, too much you don’t see on your left and right. Dirt collects in a pocket, which is visible if you open the door and look down. Make sure you clean that regularly or it might start to rust there. I regularly collect leaves and stuff in there. Tip: to remove the interior panel clips you have to pull and rotate anticlockwise, they pop out easily that way. (need a tool to do so) To get to the radio: two Philips screws above the ashtray. Pull to remove the surroundings of the gearchange lever. Remove the two screws on the bottom of the heaterassy. Remove the refresh/recycle button by pushing it upwards. No need to remove the other buttons. Pull on the plastic lips near the screws you removed and there you are! It does need a bit of force, I had to use pliers to grip the lips.

Yes, I agree the mirrors do give a funny distorted view, I thought I would get used to them, but a couple of stick-on "fish-eyes" may be the answer - Jerry Woodward from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2011-11-22 | ID: 44022

Hans Inge, Norway

Nissan NV200 2011

As a former driver of both Nissan cubistar and Nissan Primastar I don’t like the Nv 200. Without a load it is too stiff on the springs, feels like an old tractor to drive. It is also too nervous for a sidewind. Even the cubistar has more space in the driver’s cabin. The lump where the window controls are; why did they have to place it exactly where the knee should rest? And why does the console for the gearstick need to take so much space where my other knee should rest? Also the storage space in the cabin is terrible. The keylock remote and keyless start are Ok, but there is no natural space to put the remote. There is no place to put papers or my telephone, except in the cup/bottleholder. No. Give me back my cubistar.

Didn’t you test drive it before you bought it? - David Lott from Spain